Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Dear OP, Since the Goondoc is outdated as gently caress, maybe we should delete it and let the active players reenter their info? Its functionally useless as it stands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Hardbody posted:

Dear OP, Since the Goondoc is outdated as gently caress, maybe we should delete it and let the active players reenter their info? Its functionally useless as it stands.

That seems like a bit of work for everyone to have to reenter their info on a new doc, so how about I just edit the current one to have a CURRENT AS OF 12/19/2016 and OLDER THAN 12/19/2016 section.

Everyone who's current can just C+P their info into the current section, which will be the top of the list. Then we can repeat this process again in 6 months.

Acceptable?

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
As long as the newer section is at the top, I'll Accept it.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Hardbody posted:

As long as the newer section is at the top, I'll Accept it.

Check it now.

:siren::siren::siren: EVERYONE PLEASE UPDATE YOUR INFO IN THE GOOGLE DOC :siren::siren::siren:

Do this by right clicking in the top section, adding a new row, then cutting(CTRL+X) and pasting(CTRL+V) your info into this new row.

If you have open spots please put yourself on the top of this list so people can find and add you easier.

Thank you for your cooperation.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 18, 2016

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Bleh, it's not loading correctly on my phone, I'll check it out when I get home in 30.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

:siren::siren::siren: EVERYONE PLEASE UPDATE YOUR INFO IN THE GOOGLE DOC :siren::siren::siren:

Do this by right clicking in the top section(below where it says "Current as of 12/19/2016"), adding a new row, then cutting(CTRL+X) and pasting(CTRL+V) your info from the section below this(where is says "OLDER THAN 12/19/2016"), into this new row.

If you have open spots please put yourself on the top of this list so people can find and add you easier.

Thank you for your cooperation.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 18, 2016

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Honestly, It might be better if you create a new sheet, and label the sheets by date. Then just create a new sheet every 6 months.That way people can still copy and paste but its not as cluttered.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
our discord also has a friend codes section so you're more likely to find available spots there

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

MohShuvuu posted:

our discord also has a friend codes section so you're more likely to find available spots there

Hardbody posted:

Honestly, It might be better if you create a new sheet, and label the sheets by date. Then just create a new sheet every 6 months.That way people can still copy and paste but its not as cluttered.

I think most new players are better off served just coming into the thread and posting their friend code. Most of us are filled up on friends by this point and any new guy is going to have to beg us to make room for him anyway. Sounds like tedium having newbies constantly asking to be added, but this game isn't really attracting new players by the dozens and any newbies should be posting in the chat for advice anyway. If you want to make a new list Hardbody, go for it. I have no attachment to the old list, it wasn't ever "mine".

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
I just remembered trying to add people as someone who joined the thread only after it was remade. The list was like a 100 people long and half of them were kefka and Locke leads that havent been meta in months. Sorry if I came off as bitchy, I just figured cleansing and remaking it would help people out in the long run. If I came off as unappreciative of your efforts I apologize.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Hardbody posted:

I just remembered trying to add people as someone who joined the thread only after it was remade. The list was like a 100 people long and half of them were kefka and Locke leads that havent been meta in months. Sorry if I came off as bitchy, I just figured cleansing and remaking it would help people out in the long run. If I came off as unappreciative of your efforts I apologize.

I think redoing the list is a great idea, when I was new I made the same suggestion.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Added myself to the newer portion of the list.

634, 188, 308 for a 6* Lightning buddy. 10 spots left after clearing Goons inactive for over a week.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Hardbody posted:

Locke leads that havent been meta in months.

Locke will never not be useful. In fact, he may be the only perpetually useful friend unit, since the only reason you take him is to boost item drops from farming runs. Every other character will eventually be power-crept out of contention.

PSA: if you quit FFBE please leave Locke as your friend unit for the rest if us to use, thanks in advance.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

MrLonghair posted:

That luck on that korean whale's side

Raise.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Locke is nowhere as useful as we once believed. Basically only upgrades the rarity of the drops in explorations or story. Its good, but not crazy good.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Vax posted:

Raise.

"too many TMRs to grind" i guess because he spent all his lapis for refreshes on getting 5 noctis instead #firstwhaleproblems.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Sheet has been reworked: Each 4-6 period will just be a new sheet. All you have to do is copy your old info to the new sheet. Do us a favor and update the GoonDoc link if you would Payback.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PBoE56CzVaq1L8WE4sMeBhkoEByummcaU-8qMIFfZLI/edit#gid=1099281105

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Hardbody posted:

Sheet has been reworked: Each 4-6 period will just be a new sheet. All you have to do is copy your old info to the new sheet. Do us a favor and update the GoonDoc link if you would Payback.

CORRECTION

I've reworked it so that the link in the OP is fine.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PBoE56CzVaq1L8WE4sMeBhkoEByummcaU-8qMIFfZLI/edit#gid=0

edit: I've added color coding for easy scrolling to find a specific unit.

Meta leaders units have been given unique background colors. Just type the proper name for a unit, and they'll be auto-formatted.

It'll only format to the first name it sees, so list your primary first.

e2: You don't need to do what the earlier post said about adding a line somewhere, just slap your info in again.

e3: ok i lied about the formatting to the first name it sees thing. just add less dudes and maybe list other less important ones in your notes?

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 18, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my cod has no dual wield and only 420ish attack so i switched to my dualcast refia with 4.2k health, i assume SOMEBODY has some use for a refia but if not just let me know and i will switch back

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

which one of you jokers is this

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Anyone else using a random number generator for the maze? I know its always random every run and I should never feel bad about choosing the wrong door when there is no moogle, but I prefer to blame random.org for screwing with me.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
I know this has been asked a million billion times but you don't lose the increase from pots when you awaken a guy to the next star level right? Like if I toss a couple Atk pots on my noctis that's currently 5 stars they will still have an effect when I manage to get him to 6 stars yeah?

Sorry my brain just completely shut off and I can't remember for the life of me if they carry over

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Pokemaster #421 posted:

I know this has been asked a million billion times but you don't lose the increase from pots when you awaken a guy to the next star level right? Like if I toss a couple Atk pots on my noctis that's currently 5 stars they will still have an effect when I manage to get him to 6 stars yeah?

Sorry my brain just completely shut off and I can't remember for the life of me if they carry over

Stat gains from pots do carry over awakening. Eat all pots! (unless it'll make you go over sub-max cap or something)

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

What should I be using these limit burst pots on, generally?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Rigel posted:

What should I be using these limit burst pots on, generally?

exdeath and cecil both have pretty good limit bursts

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Prioritize Cecil over Exdeath with your LB pots.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Hardbody posted:

Prioritize Cecil over Exdeath with your LB pots.

Just fed them to Cecil, so good to see another opinion that I made the right choice.

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
When should I be using full break? It is probably because I don't know when to use it but my maxed out Feris is just not being very useful. I have a Cecil who I haven't worked on yet but I am wondering if I should sub him in to my team - Cod, Elza, Faris, Refia and Exdeath. I could also sub in Mercedes, Ingus or Charlotte who are also not leveled but seem to be well regarded. Or I could sub in Kefka, who is partly leveled already if he would be a good choice. I mainly just want to either make sure I am using Faris (who doesn't seem to be pulling her weight right now) or figure out who I should replace her with.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Seriously how am I suppose to get theses rainbow weeds to awaken mercedes when I dont have a mat event and the maze is really lovely about drops. Im swimming in those 5* mats only a few units use but barely get any 6* mats

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 19, 2016

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Seriously how am I suppose to get theses rainbow weeds to awaken mercedes when I dont have a mat event and the maze is really lovely about drops. Im swimming in those 5* mats only a few units use but barely get any 6* mats

I get the impression that this maze is so rare and good that when it pops up, we should just mindless grind it and not ask questions until it goes away.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Christmas event is coming up next week, I'm guessing it will be a King Mog trade in. If so it will have all the six star mats you need.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
When combat starts in an exploration area (or this maze thing), the game does that horrible zoomy effect. Is there any way to shut that off? I find it really annoying/visually disturbing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Christmas event is coming up next week, I'm guessing it will be a King Mog trade in. If so it will have all the six star mats you need.

Thank god for santa mog.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I finally decided I'd give in and download memu to TM grind for me since I have so many TMs I want and will literally never get otherwise.

Sadly it seems like memu won't run on my potato of a computer. It's been stuck at 99% on the startup screen for the last five minutes, and gets stuck at 99% every time I try to start it up again. So, guess that means no macro grinding for me. I'm purely dependent on Trust Moogles and grinding manually.

I'm never going to be any good at this game. :negative:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Twelve by Pies posted:

I finally decided I'd give in and download memu to TM grind for me since I have so many TMs I want and will literally never get otherwise.

Sadly it seems like memu won't run on my potato of a computer. It's been stuck at 99% on the startup screen for the last five minutes, and gets stuck at 99% every time I try to start it up again. So, guess that means no macro grinding for me. I'm purely dependent on Trust Moogles and grinding manually.

Give Nox a try, it runs pretty well for me.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Twelve by Pies posted:

What is your processor? If it has a virtualization mode it helps quite a bit to have it on.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Does virtualization mode do anything else to your computer, like hog resources or something?

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Skyridge posted:

Does virtualization mode do anything else to your computer, like hog resources or something?

As far as I know, no.

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013
Hi,
New to the game and think about starting. Been rerolling the starting character and got a 5 rainbow star Noctis, I really don't care for this character but is this something I should keep or keep rerolling? How long into playing will I be able to get another 5star?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

ZodiakLucien posted:

Hi,
New to the game and think about starting. Been rerolling the starting character and got a 5 rainbow star Noctis, I really don't care for this character but is this something I should keep or keep rerolling? How long into playing will I be able to get another 5star?

No. Never.

The fact to get a 5* base on your rerolling attempts IS the reason to reroll. You basically hit the jackpot and want to throw it away. Statistically you need 70000 - 90000 Lapis to get 1x Noctis. Think about it.

• Locked thread