Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
im going to play this tonight. I've beaten every level but Colorado cause that on seems gay. gonna peep some player contracts.. maybe get silent assassin on some of the mission.. right now I've only done it on Marrakesh which if you saw how that went down you would say i don't really deserve it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
skipped a level?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i played the first 3 levels over and over since i picked up the game around thanksgiving and i only just played bangkok tonight

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

elf help book posted:

skipped a level?

i been buying them individually since when i first bought it only the first level was available. and since i heard colorado and marrakesh was bad i didnt buy them. but i just bought marrakesh and it was fine so maybe i'll get colorado now.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

thats cool i got the entire game for $15

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Played colorado tonite. Fun change of pace

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Colorado sounds like a bad idea on paper but its actually really fun.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I'm going to buy and play it tonight. And then get silent assassin on all the levels. SA/SO is prolly too much for me though TBH.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I'm stuck on Colorado. I killed two of the people but can't figure out how to get into the house yet...

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really liked Colorado, it was the first map that I kept playing until I figured out a suit only route. I think how much you like that map depends on how you like to play the game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

tumor looking batty posted:

I'm stuck on Colorado. I killed two of the people but can't figure out how to get into the house yet...
it kind of sucks that so many of the disguises look the same. There are some guys outside the house who are allowed in it but it seems kind of arbitrary lol, there's a fairly easy way to sneak in undetected and get a disguise inside and that's what I ended up doing

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

it's kinda weird that colorado has 3-4 gimmick kills for one of the targets (the explosives guy) and the rest are just kind of there

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it kind of sucks that so many of the disguises look the same. There are some guys outside the house who are allowed in it but it seems kind of arbitrary lol, there's a fairly easy way to sneak in undetected and get a disguise inside and that's what I ended up doing

thanks. yah i keep walking up to them and getting caugh transpassing even though everyone is wearing black and carrying a gun

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Pacing inside the terrorist camp

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the new Elusive Target is really easy lol. I got an SA accident kill on him entirely by, well, accident

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 386 days!
Does the new episodic Hitman contain gameplay where you can abandon the mission and just see how big and creative piles of the dead you can make like with previous Hitmon?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You should never abandon your mission

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

tenderjerk posted:

Does the new episodic Hitman contain gameplay where you can abandon the mission and just see how big and creative piles of the dead you can make like with previous Hitmon?

Yes you can. Hell, you can go ahead and add the Targets to the pile too and complete the mission anyways.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p_dympcYBc

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

jesus christ lol. I love people who make videos like this

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT9edu943ts

incredible . this game is good

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lmao that is badass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

badass. I should really get around to playing this game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

jsus christ

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This one isn't as badass but it's good https://youtu.be/pP5OIof9PDk

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
I cant wait for full speedruns of this game

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I just tried to run Paris as fast as I could after unlocking the santa suit and its really fun sprinting around and not caring if you get seen and taking people out on the run and poo poo in this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The las time I tried to play this I couldnt get past the second tutorial mission because I had like 90% of the UI turned off. I may turn a lot of that back on and like follow one of the challenge markers jsut to get a better feel for how stealth works in hitman because it seems like its more about just getting the rigth costume and then sprinting around new areas.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

The las time I tried to play this I couldnt get past the second tutorial mission because I had like 90% of the UI turned off. I may turn a lot of that back on and like follow one of the challenge markers jsut to get a better feel for how stealth works in hitman because it seems like its more about just getting the rigth costume and then sprinting around new areas.

Yeah no UI is insanely hard but the default is way too crowded and easy. You probably wanna turn like half of it off

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Yeah no UI is insanely hard but the default is way too crowded and easy. You probably wanna turn like half of it off

I went to just minimap and the dots to see who sees through my disguise and Im getting the game. I killed the guy by shooting him 500 feet into the air with an ejector seat and now Im starting to understand the appeal. Theres also like 5 different threads I was following (posioned vodka, killer chess, a radio call etc) and now idk whether to move onto paris or keep digging into this map. Ill probably do paris as its the first actual level. also lol at the video that plays after the tutorial

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I went to just minimap and the dots to see who sees through my disguise and Im getting the game. I killed the guy by shooting him 500 feet into the air with an ejector seat and now Im starting to understand the appeal. Theres also like 5 different threads I was following (posioned vodka, killer chess, a radio call etc) and now idk whether to move onto paris or keep digging into this map. Ill probably do paris as its the first actual level. also lol at the video that plays after the tutorial

i keep repeating to myself

"whats your name"
"47"
"thats not a name"
"so make it one..."

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The cutscenes are great because they're absolutely retarded and I think they're the only part of the game that takes itself seriously

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tailing a US congressman through a bigass party makes me feel like james bond, Im starting to lvoe this game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

uh... who's the congressman

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Yeah that tutorial is ok but don't feel like you have to 100% it because Paris is a lot bigger and a lot more fun (especially because you can blend in as a civilian) . No minimap would be really tough probably

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I leave on the minimap and the dots over people's heads. I don't like the latter much but it's sometimes really arbitrary whether someone will see through your disguise or not so w/e

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

uh... who's the congressman

Turned out to be a total red herring after following him for like 15 minutes. it took me like an hour and a half wandering hour just listening to npc chatter and I was having a blast and suddenly i was hiding in a closet somewhere by myself when helmet kruger walks in, i knocked him out and swapped disguises and then maybe 3 seconds later the target walks in by herself to meet with him for some reason so i killed her and took helmet's chopper out. oh also I killed the other guy and like 30 civvies by dropping the bigass chandelier on the stage while he was giving a talk. this game is awesome and i got a 0

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Turned out to be a total red herring after following him for like 15 minutes. it took me like an hour and a half wandering hour just listening to npc chatter and I was having a blast and suddenly i was hiding in a closet somewhere by myself when helmet kruger walks in, i knocked him out and swapped disguises and then maybe 3 seconds later the target walks in by herself to meet with him for some reason so i killed her and took helmet's chopper out. oh also I killed the other guy and like 30 civvies by dropping the bigass chandelier on the stage while he was giving a talk. this game is awesome and i got a 0
that's a drat good first run. congrats

you probably noticed but killing non-targets absolutely murders your score yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Second time I did it in 15 minutes, starting as a bartender, poisoning nofikovs drink, drowning him and then shimmying up to the third floor, throwing a pair of scissors at the woman and then peacing out through the basement. I love seeing all the weird stuff you can do. Now im gonna use that AV start point to try and mess with the fireworks stuff and see what that does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

that's a drat good first run. congrats

you probably noticed but killing non-targets absolutely murders your score yeah

I wish the pc version had the ps4 instant replay capture stuff because I seriously dont know how I wasnt spotted. She watched me snap krugers neck and put his clothes on before calmly sitting down and inviting me to a meeting lol

• Locked thread