Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Vince Lombardi had an idiot grandson. The NFC East still hasn't beaten the Lions. Important things to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Vince Lombardi is buried ten minutes from my house. The graveyard is across the street from a strip club.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...sed-on-practice

Do it Jerry! It's your team. You know you want to.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

What is this noise someone said in the N/V thread about the giants cheating with walkie talkies?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Mr. Nice! posted:

What is this noise someone said in the N/V thread about the giants cheating with walkie talkies?

Cowboys filed a formal report with the NFL about the Giants potentially using walkie talkies illegally when they had equipment issues during the game
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-nfl-investigating-giants-potentially-illegal-walkie-talkie-use-vs-cowboys-002020550.html

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TheChirurgeon posted:

Cowboys filed a formal report with the NFL about the Giants potentially using walkie talkies illegally when they had equipment issues during the game
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-nfl-investigating-giants-potentially-illegal-walkie-talkie-use-vs-cowboys-002020550.html

I found something on it and I don't really mind switching devices if one breaks down, but Eli even admitted he was getting stuff right before the snap which shouldn't be happening.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Apparently there are some strict and strange rules when it comes to on-field communication. The NFL radio operator cuts off communication at 15 seconds on the play clock so the QB has to do those last few moments by himself. I think the problem is Eli suggested McAdoo came back into his ear during that 15 seconds dead zone because of the walkie talkies, which the NFL double doesn't like because the NFL operator can't shut off a walkie talkie, so theoretically McAdoo could have kept talking with Eli during the silence period giving him adjustment tips. I'd be curious to see if any of those plays amounted to much, because they probably didn't help the offense any, because the offense was trash. Walkie Talkies didn't make Dez drop it.

so basically it's a really small thing, so I expect 2 years of lawsuits, memes, and a 4 game suspension for Manning

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Febreeze posted:

Apparently there are some strict and strange rules when it comes to on-field communication. The NFL radio operator cuts off communication at 15 seconds on the play clock so the QB has to do those last few moments by himself. I think the problem is Eli suggested McAdoo came back into his ear during that 15 seconds dead zone because of the walkie talkies, which the NFL double doesn't like because the NFL operator can't shut off a walkie talkie, so theoretically McAdoo could have kept talking with Eli during the silence period giving him adjustment tips. I'd be curious to see if any of those plays amounted to much, because they probably didn't help the offense any, because the offense was trash. Walkie Talkies didn't make Dez drop it.

so basically it's a really small thing, so I expect 2 years of lawsuits, memes, and a 4 game suspension for Manning

It probably didn't cost the Cowboys the game, but it's not up to the Cowboys to determine the Giants' punishment, either. I don't suspect this will amount to much, but I've got no sympathy for a team whose owner went out of his way to punish division rivals for not colluding to curb spending during the capless year.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Dez caught it though

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

TheChirurgeon posted:

It probably didn't cost the Cowboys the game, but it's not up to the Cowboys to determine the Giants' punishment, either. I don't suspect this will amount to much, but I've got no sympathy for a team whose owner went out of his way to punish division rivals for not colluding to curb spending during the capless year.

This. Giants don't have to worry because the Giants are the ones who get to decide the rules.

no I'm not still bitter why would you say that and besides it was worth it to have Albert Haynesworth's stellar efforts. :cry:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The point isnt how much it affected the game. We saw that in action during the deflategate poo poo

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Deflategate was a power struggle, not an actual transgression and measured punishment.

Goodell had to win so he could impose dumbass things like TNF, Saturday Night Football, London Games, "I'm just here so I don't get fined", not sharing clips on social media, and players not endorsing any other alcohol except Budweiser.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Deflategate was justified because it targeted Tom Brady. It was good, because gently caress Tom Brady.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Is there football this week?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

a new study bible! posted:

Deflategate was justified because it targeted Tom Brady. It was good, because gently caress Tom Brady.

I concur.

But also because the Patriots are filthy cheaters.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

If the talkiegate punishment is a 4 game suspension of Ereck Flowers, forcing the Giants to abandon their stubborn insistance that he must be their LT, then so be it. We accept our role in this incident and the harsh but fair judgement of Herr Goodell

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Iodised QQ posted:

If the talkiegate punishment is a 4 game suspension of Ereck Flowers, forcing the Giants to abandon their stubborn insistance that he must be their LT, then so be it. We accept our role in this incident and the harsh but fair judgement of Herr Goodell

I think I speak for everyone here when I say we really want to see Ryan Nassib lead the Giants for four games

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

TheChirurgeon posted:

I think I speak for everyone here when I say we really want to see Ryan Nassib lead the Giants for four games

That's called the preseason. It's mildly interesting.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

Holy poo poo thats where Nassib is? Honestly thought he was dead

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I have this terrible feeling of dread that the cowboys are going to drop two more games, the giants will win the division, and they'll end up losing in the wildcard game.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Romo's will be done

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I have this terrible feeling of dread that the cowboys are going to drop two more games, the giants will win the division, and they'll end up losing in the wildcard game.

:pray:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The giants play in philly and DC the next two games, but honestly they're probably going to win them. If the boys lose tonight to the bucs, this season might be over.

I'm still firmly stuck in last year with regards to the cowboys and it's hard for me to admit they're good. :smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dak will hit a rookie slump at the last possible second, Romo will be too rusty to compete at 100%, and the fans will eviscerate another Dallas team for charging straight into the garbage can for the playoffs.

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Dak will hit a rookie slump at the last possible second, Romo will be too rusty to compete at 100%, and the fans will eviscerate another Dallas team for charging straight into the garbage can for the playoffs.

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

He already hit a rookie slump, so there is plenty of time for Romo to shake off the rust if he starts next week, which he should no matter how well Dak does today

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

WHAT THE ACTUAL gently caress DOUG?????????????

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

ahahaha

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The playcall was meh, but I have no problem with Doug's decision

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

CyberPingu posted:

Overtime and a win aren't doing you or your players any good. I'm ok with the call.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
The season is already over, no sense playing an OT where you could injure someone.

Get the win or go home.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the eagles aren't playing for anything

it's what john fox should have done :j:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I know it was the right call....now....

Also Agholor needs to learn when to dive for a first down

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It was a good call. Just didn't work out.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Going for two was completely idiotic. This is not hindsight. You go for two and you have one shot and one mistake kills you. A Raven got a finger tip on a ball, game over.

Don't talk about respecting the cojones and the gamble. Good gamblers don't play against the odds, Pederson just did. That's not bravery or confidence, it's pure stupidity. Playing to win means giving yourself the best chance to win, not rolling the dice cause you feel hot or whatever. This was playing to lose and it led quickly to a loss.

I don't believe in talking about firing coaches after their first year, but if I see this kind of late game idiocy again next year you can bet I'll be leading that bandwagon.

Apparently every single person besides me in Philadelphia disagrees though, so whatever!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Why would you want to risk the injury and dropping 5 spots in draft position

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Going for two was completely idiotic. This is not hindsight. You go for two and you have one shot and one mistake kills you. A Raven got a finger tip on a ball, game over.

Don't talk about respecting the cojones and the gamble. Good gamblers don't play against the odds, Pederson just did. That's not bravery or confidence, it's pure stupidity. Playing to win means giving yourself the best chance to win, not rolling the dice cause you feel hot or whatever. This was playing to lose and it led quickly to a loss.

I don't believe in talking about firing coaches after their first year, but if I see this kind of late game idiocy again next year you can bet I'll be leading that bandwagon.

Apparently every single person besides me in Philadelphia disagrees though, so whatever!

Option A. Go to overtime with the kick, possibly have more players injured, maybe win and still not go to the playoffs while dropping in the draft. Probably still lose though.

Option B. Maybe win without risking more injuries while still missing the playoffs and dropping in draft position. Still probably lose, but no one wastes another half hour risking injury or watching your dumb team.

:shrug:

CyberPingu posted:

I know it was the right call....now....

Also Agholor needs to learn when to dive for a first down

:hfive:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
If it were a divisional game I would agree with George, just because nothing feels better than spoiling a rival's season.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Chichevache posted:

If it were a divisional game I would agree with George, just because nothing feels better than spoiling a rival's season.

It maybe hosed the Steelers so I'm happy

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
We might get injured in OT? Playoff chances are low? :frogout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-iJUuPWis

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
I liked the call to go for two, execution not so much but I'd do it again under the same circumstances.

• Locked thread