Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
so anal about speed that only wired mouses will do for me. the battery weight is too much inertia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

emoji posted:

Wrong. The audio skips out occasionally on an iPhone 6s and new bluetooth speaker in 2016. It fucks up Airdrop discovery constantly in 2016.

maybe you're holding it wrong

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
i cannot consistently connect Bluetooth headphones to my mbp. it just doesn't find them half the time. no problem with the same headphones w my iPhone tho

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

my qc35s Just Work on literally every apple and microsoft device i own

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

lancemantis posted:

the last time people in this thread used Bluetooth was 2005 I guess

now complain about 802.11a and/or 802.11b, especially the usb antennae :allears:

i use bluetooth mice and they get horrible battery life

they work fine but lol that battery life

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

get better batteries.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
should have bought a mx anywhere 2

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

touchpad is better than mouse in nearly all scenarios

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

THC posted:

except durability

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I still have a wired mouse but that's because my intellimouse explorer 3.0 refuses to die and I don't see a need to replace such a needs-suiting device.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

THC posted:

ufarn
May 30, 2009

THC posted:

i got one at work - great for avoiding rsi

Moreleth
Jun 11, 2001

lego my eggo

THC posted:

what about counterstrike

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

emoji posted:

Wrong. The audio skips out occasionally on an iPhone 6s and new bluetooth speaker in 2016. It fucks up Airdrop discovery constantly in 2016.

while this is true I'll take it for not having to deal with cables anymore. not getting snagged all the time on random things is better than the occasional hiccup

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
"audio cutting out is an acceptable characteristic of an audio connection" -appelman

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Mister Macys posted:

except durability

Agreed.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
apple apparently removed support for rss for their news publisher, and now we're supposed to use some loving half-baked cms via icloud.com??

i know apple don't listen to podcasts given the state of itunes, but don't they, like, read?

e: given the state of ibooks, i take back my question

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

lancemantis posted:

the last time people in this thread used Bluetooth was 2005 I guess

now complain about 802.11a and/or 802.11b, especially the usb antennae :allears:

i mean, i hope apple is better at it, but i have used bluetooth daily for the past 10 years, and it is a loving awful mutually incompatible mess in the environments i have tried

like, anyone who trashtalks the tiny, and excellent, little logitech rf dongle with its no-configuration installation and reliable performance, either lives in a way better ecosystem than me, or are just deluded

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Dongles

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Bizzongle my dongle

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

ufarn posted:

apple apparently removed support for rss for their news publisher, and now we're supposed to use some loving half-baked cms via icloud.com??

i know apple don't listen to podcasts given the state of itunes, but don't they, like, read?

given the state of everything, don't they like, use a computer?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
every time my iphone connects to my car it starts up music (which i never use) and plays some random song even though the last audio app i used was podcast. heck i make sure podcast is in the control center before i start my car and it still fucks up and start music (which i never use). i don't recall this happening before ios9. poo poo sucks.

also, when is podcast getting a volume equalizer???

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
pretty sure audio broke in ios sometime around ios 6
also if you want to fix the volume in your podcasts use overcast

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Citizen Tayne posted:

Bizzongle my dongle

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i have one of those wireless microsoft mouse and keyboard combos and one set of aa batteries lasts about a year? one dongle for mouse and keyboard. of course i don't use the keyboard :smugmrgw:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i mean, i hope apple is better at it, but i have used bluetooth daily for the past 10 years, and it is a loving awful mutually incompatible mess in the environments i have tried

like, anyone who trashtalks the tiny, and excellent, little logitech rf dongle with its no-configuration installation and reliable performance, either lives in a way better ecosystem than me, or are just deluded

hello and welcome to the apple thread

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I have my headphones currently connected to my phone and my laptop simultaneously and it works in a surprisingly slick manner :whatup:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Rick Moranis was right.

"Even in the future nothing works!"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ufarn posted:

you can still use the apple news publisher api though right?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
my qc35s connect to my iphone and my macbook at the same time and seamlessly switches between the two when i get a call

i use a magic trackpad daily, the battery lasts for weeks at a time

shockingly enough, when you pay for half-decent products rather than poo poo-tier logitech crap or alibaba special headphones you get stuff that works

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

logitech makes decent stuff

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
so my nice car is poo poo tier even though it does Bluetooth fine with my android but when it's the iPhone it just starts loving playing music randomly

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

QC 35 sucks. they sound like poo poo. the noise cancellation barely works.

if you want to spend money on headphones buy these https://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-770-PRO-250-ohms/dp/B0006NL5SM

they cancel just as much noise and they actually sound good

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Bluetooth has worked fine on my devices since 2012, maybe you guys are high functioning retards

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Bluetooth has worked fine on my devices since 2012, maybe you guys are high functioning retards

protip: trolling is more than just posting a demonstrable untruth and finishing with an insult

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

AWWNAW posted:

QC 35 sucks. they sound like poo poo. the noise cancellation barely works.

if you want to spend money on headphones buy these https://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-770-PRO-250-ohms/dp/B0006NL5SM

they cancel just as much noise and they actually sound good

i have those and theyre v comfy for hours even w/ glasses on, idk about noise cancelling as i mainly use them quiet places anyway

the higher impedance ones are pointless tho

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Not liking Apple or their stuff is one thing, but rabidly anti-Apple people are just so :ughh:

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
this is exactly why kids (or maybe everyone) do not belong on Facebook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my s4 failed to survive being submerged in 56,000 litres of water it is confirmed rear end trash

• Locked thread