Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Soonmot posted:

Welp, this is a game I play now. Having fun fighting zombies as an illuminati fist/blade lady. Gotta find someplace to change haristyles, because I never played around with that in character creation.

I believe the barber is in London? I know the plastic surgeon is in new york but don't remember if that's where you do hair or not.

I don't even remember my guys face. There is only Bojack Horseman.

OhmygodineedtorollonaRPserver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Len posted:

I believe the barber is in London? I know the plastic surgeon is in new york but don't remember if that's where you do hair or not.
Well it'd be pretty stupid if changing your entire look meant travelling to two different continents. :v:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pilchenstein posted:

Well it'd be pretty stupid if changing your entire look meant travelling to two different continents. :v:

Almost like having only one bank and it being in London? Or wondering why people were salty about transdimensional banking being a one time use item?

And how is it veteran points are still worthless?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Len posted:

Almost like having only one bank and it being in London? Or wondering why people were salty about transdimensional banking being a one time use item?

And how is it veteran points are still worthless?
If by "almost" you mean "exactly", yeah.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I missed my stupid bee game and reinstalled this. Don't know how long it'll hold my interest but hey let's have some fun.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

guppy posted:

I missed my stupid bee game and reinstalled this. Don't know how long it'll hold my interest but hey let's have some fun.

Oh poo poo son it's about to get real. Sadly I won't have time to play until after Christmas because of work ):

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Playing this for the x-mas holiday and wow the improvements since last time I played. Dungeon finder, teleport, museum, etc... lots of new QOL stuff.

Are there ''mandatory'' mods? The OP lists some but are they still adequate?

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Playing this for the x-mas holiday and wow the improvements since last time I played. Dungeon finder, teleport, museum, etc... lots of new QOL stuff.

Are there ''mandatory'' mods? The OP lists some but are they still adequate?

This topbar is practically mandatory: https://mods.curse.com/tsw-mods/tsw/meeehrui-topbar

It's useful as hell but then when you get AEGIS the auto-AEGIS it has built in is a lifesaver.

EDIT: :siren: Almost forgot, you must use the legacy curse client not the normal one!

Also in case anyone missed it there is a TSW Goons Discord: https://discord.gg/nrCfuHJ

We've been doing the holiday dungeons and there is some interest in doing more group content so come hang out!

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 16, 2016

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I see they still haven't fixed the launcher :v:

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I only see that sometimes. I ran into a bug on the Darkness War where my entire screen went black but I could still see my minimap, I think it was from trying to skip the long rear end cutscenes.
Oh and Thanks Hat for running around Egypt with me last night, I got lots of sweet skill points.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dreadwroth posted:

Yeah I only see that sometimes. I ran into a bug on the Darkness War where my entire screen went black but I could still see my minimap, I think it was from trying to skip the long rear end cutscenes.
Oh and Thanks Hat for running around Egypt with me last night, I got lots of sweet skill points.

That's still a thing? There's a hotkey to refresh the UI and it fixes the problem but I don't remember it.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Len posted:

That's still a thing? There's a hotkey to refresh the UI and it fixes the problem but I don't remember it.
Ctrl+F1 maybe?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

it's some stupid combination. just do what a goon here recommended and bind an easy to reach key to /reloadui

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

It's CTRL SHIFT F1

Or just bind it to a macro, yeah.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The complete edition is 18$ on steam:

https://buy.thesecretworld.com/

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Is there any way for someone that pre-ordered this game way back in 2012 to get it on Steam now without paying anything?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Kevin Bacon posted:

Is there any way for someone that pre-ordered this game way back in 2012 to get it on Steam now without paying anything?
I don't believe so. I ended up just buying the base game in a steam sale and giving the key away.

Edit: I only bought the steam version in april this year and it's my most played game with 721 hours and I have no idea how :psyduck:

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Dec 20, 2016

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kevin Bacon posted:

Of course not :v:

You can't even get it cheaper if you had a grandmaster subscription, eg. if you want the outfit (I don't think there's anything else in there that's exclusive to the package) you gotta buy the whole thing.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

The complete edition is 18$ on steam:

https://buy.thesecretworld.com/

GODDAMNIT, I JUST BOUGHT IT LAST WEEK

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Pilchenstein posted:

I don't believe so. I ended up just buying the base game in a steam sale and giving the key away.

Edit: I only bought the steam version in april this year and it's my most played game with 721 hours and I have no idea how :psyduck:

Can you use the codes for the complete edition to upgrade an already existing account with the first 5-6 issues from the original game release?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Can you use the codes for the complete edition to upgrade an already existing account with the first 5-6 issues from the original game release?
I believe so, I have a friend who did that but by accident (and for free) when funcom were testing store changes on the live website. So theoretically, you can upgrade. :v:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Kevin Bacon posted:

I have a spare code for the base game I think if you want it?

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Light Gun Man posted:

I have a spare code for the base game I think if you want it?

That's really cool of you, but I'll survive :) It's just mildly inconvenient not having it launch from steam, so it would've been cool if there was some way of adding it from before

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kevin Bacon posted:

That's really cool of you, but I'll survive :) It's just mildly inconvenient not having it launch from steam, so it would've been cool if there was some way of adding it from before

You can add the shortcut to steam. You'll still launch the tsw patcher so that's about the same thing.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Kevin Bacon posted:

No prob.

Come to think of it, the code I have might actually be a non-steam code anyway.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
Whenever I used to see a flurry of new posts in this thread, I got hopeful that there was a new update. It was disappointing when it wasn't true.

These days whenever I see a flurry of new posts in this thread, I get scared that they've announced the game's getting shut down. It's a relief when it's not true.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Jesus, this game is hard. I think maybe I might be the wrong level for my area or something, except I can't figure out what level I am and what level the dudes and monsters I am fighting are. I've just been dying non stop since I started playing again now. Did they make it harder to solo or something since I last played a bunch of years ago? I'm in "the savage coast", but I don't know how to convey how strong my character is lol

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Kevin Bacon posted:

Jesus, this game is hard. I think maybe I might be the wrong level for my area or something, except I can't figure out what level I am and what level the dudes and monsters I am fighting are. I've just been dying non stop since I started playing again now. Did they make it harder to solo or something since I last played a bunch of years ago? I'm in "the savage coast", but I don't know how to convey how strong my character is lol
Generally you go by the ql level/quality of your gear.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Pilchenstein posted:

Generally you go by the ql level/quality of your gear.

Seems to be QL3 on average. Maybe I should be further south in the zone, cause I'm way up north now. My main quest which is "Normal" difficulty is telling me to go to blue mountain but I kind of assumed that zone is harder than the one that leads into it. Picking up from where you left off when you haven't played for 3-4 years is pretty hard it turns out!

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Soloing has been made considerably easier. Once you get a decent abilities deck together, it should carry you through most of the game as long as you keep upgrading your equipment. If you need deck ideas, try anything on this list: https://www.tswdb.com/builds/beginner-solo

The difficulty does step up as you graduate from zone to zone, though. QL 3-4 green gear should be fine for Savage Coast, with QL 5-6 for Blue Mountain (the third zone for the island).

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I wish Transylvania had the neat connectivity Solomon Island does. It's cool how you can go in a big loop through the zones.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Hello Sailor posted:

Soloing has been made considerably easier. Once you get a decent abilities deck together, it should carry you through most of the game as long as you keep upgrading your equipment. If you need deck ideas, try anything on this list: https://www.tswdb.com/builds/beginner-solo

The difficulty does step up as you graduate from zone to zone, though. QL 3-4 green gear should be fine for Savage Coast, with QL 5-6 for Blue Mountain (the third zone for the island).

Thanks for the advice! :) Maybe my weird hammer/shotgun combo build isn't doing me any favors

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Shotgun's Hit & Run is amazing in Kingsmouth, but past that zone, its utility falls off quickly. If you're not terribly attached to that weapon combination, head back to Kingsmouth and repeat some of the missions you remember liking to build up skill and ability points in Blade or Chaos. Both have strong PBAoE damage, so you can just whale on the packs of enemies that surround you instead of trying to kite them to keep them in your hit zone. Their inner wheel elite skills are also pretty zesty.

If you don't have the 1-point healing passives from Blade (Immortal Spirit) and Fist (Lick Your Wounds), grab those immediately. Once you have ability points to spare, there's a game-changing passive ability combo early in outer wheel Fist: Bloodsport + Salt in the Wound. Slot those into a Blade or Chaos AoE build and watch everything around you die.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
You guys were right, it worked as a normal upgrade though it forces you to start the free 30 days Sub the moment you redeem the key.

Just be logged in when you redeem the key and it will ask you if you want to register a new account or use it on current account <username>.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 21, 2016

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I'm kind of fixated on blood/fist and after putzing around, I randomly googled this build which already had a lot of the things I had unlocked. I grabbed a couple q5 green weapons out of the auction house because my q3s were not cutting it in the savage coast and I'm killing faster, but I'm still pretty fragile if I get ganged up on. Maybe it was just the moth monsters in the forest, though.

How bullshit is this build or is it actually viable?

http://secretworld.mmmos.com/?p=view&uid=56053ec33bebc&title=blood%2Ffist-easy-solo-build

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
I got this game in a bundle a month ago, are people still playing it? And on what server?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Tardcore posted:

I got this game in a bundle a month ago, are people still playing it? And on what server?
Server choice doesn't matter, everyone can do everything with each other regardless.

Also, in the spirit of festive jesus or whathaveyou, if anyone wants help with any part of the game just add me on steam and hit me up (timezone permitting): http://steamcommunity.com/id/darth_pingu/

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Oh, also, I get a random zombie (Echo of Xibalba or something) spawning and aggroing on me every few minutes almost no matter where I am. How do I make it stop? Please help.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kevin Bacon posted:

Oh, also, I get a random zombie (Echo of Xibalba or something) spawning and aggroing on me every few minutes almost no matter where I am. How do I make it stop? Please help.

I don't know if you can. That's Mayan end of days bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
That hasn't been happening to me, maybe doing the mayan missions stops it?

• Locked thread