Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Edit: Never mind, I'm a moron.

Shitshow fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Dec 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
How do I reroll on an android device? I tried "to reroll on Android you can clear your app cache through Settings>App>Cache" but that didn't work and it still recognizes the account I made.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Ledgem posted:

How do I reroll on an android device? I tried "to reroll on Android you can clear your app cache through Settings>App>Cache" but that didn't work and it still recognizes the account I made.

from the OP:

quote:

To reroll on Android you can clear your app cache through Settings>App>Cache or have root access and use a file browser to go to data>data>com.cygames.Shadowverse>shared_prefs and delete/rename the com.cygames.Shadowverse.v2.playerprefs.xml file (If you're on Leapdroid download the app Root Browser)

The second method for Android is preferable because you can then copy the playerprefs.xml so you can keep rerolling while keeping that account in case you don't get a better reroll later on.

I never managed to successfully copy the playerprefs.xml file and restore it to work, somehow it kept going back to the file i erased instead of the one i had backed up, but manually deleting the file and force restarting the app should work

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So when starting to craft a decent Forestcraft deck which legendary do I give priority? I already have the Roaches and Elf Knights, and managed to open a Crystalia Tia and an Ancient Elf.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Ancient Elf is a three-of in every list I've ever seen. Tia isn't.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Ancient Elf is a three-of in every list I've ever seen. Tia isn't.

But Ancient Elf will be buyable soon, if you don't mind spending real money

No Wave posted:

Very interesting news:

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/809744925457727488

Only applies to p2w scum. Apparently the first deck you buy is 500 crystals and each subsequent deck is 750 crystals. Not sure if that means per class.

Bought purely for vials, each deck is:
2000 + 1250 + 650 + 200 about 4100 vials. This is much better than buying packs for 100 crystals and purely for vials is comparable to buying packs for 50 crystals at the 500 crystal cost, but buying 50 crystal packs is better for the 750 crystal cost of the deck.

That's purely for vials. The fact that none of these decks will likely contain trash legendaries makes them a really good deal if you feel like paying.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

frajaq posted:

So when starting to craft a decent Forestcraft deck which legendary do I give priority? I already have the Roaches and Elf Knights, and managed to open a Crystalia Tia and an Ancient Elf.
definitely elf

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Elf it is then.

Also I'm forever a F2P pleb in all card games, it ain't gonna change now, even if Shadowverse is the most generous card game I've played so far :colbert:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I'll probably buy the first-time half-off crystal situation just because I want to support the devs and can part with six bucks. I used to be the same way with Dota but once you spend 3000 hours playing something and a countless thousand additional hours watching professional games, you start to form an attachment to it and buying a four dollar hat stops being that big of a deal.

Now, to decide if I spend the crystals now in hopes of some legendaries for Vial fodder or horde them for the expansion...

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

frajaq posted:

Elf it is then.

Also I'm forever a F2P pleb in all card games, it ain't gonna change now, even if Shadowverse is the most generous card game I've played so far :colbert:

I don't know if you play ccgs competitively much but I made aggro/midrange elf/forestcraft and in ranked it's just been a rocket ship powered by large win-streaks.

and I paid $0.00

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Yeah I've played like a little over a month I guess? Haven't dropped a dime. And I have Midrange Sword and am like two golds away from proper PTP Forest, with several cheaper decks fully built.

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
I've been kinda banging my head against a wall, on paper here I've got about 70% of my last 40 games against Runecraft (usually Dstep) and I can't find quality information on this game anywhere. Supposedly I want to be trying "aggro" forestcraft but according to gamepress Midrange and Aggro forest are in different tiers....but give the same decklists.

It's not been a "hard" matchup either way but it's the only thing I'm not blowing out of the water :p But the fact that it's just over 2/3ds of my matches and is the only deck I'm having any kind of challenge with, while the deck is scoring so low in AA+ according to gamepress stats is kinda peculiar.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I'll probably buy the first-time half-off crystal situation just because I want to support the devs and can part with six bucks. I used to be the same way with Dota but once you spend 3000 hours playing something and a countless thousand additional hours watching professional games, you start to form an attachment to it and buying a four dollar hat stops being that big of a deal.

Now, to decide if I spend the crystals now in hopes of some legendaries for Vial fodder or horde them for the expansion...

You don't have to feel obliged to support the devs when they make like $200m in profit every year off people blowing $800 USD every month or two to guarantee they pull their latest waifu in various mobile games.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Some of the info on the page is a little outdated, I've noticed a couple of the listed decks haven't had their pages edited since Novermber. The other thing to keep in mind is that before now, things like Mid-Range sword were performing at their peak because of the cheap overall cost and the fact that building the complete deck was actually feasible, and so how certain decks matched up against other decks was based on a very small number of pre-approved decklists. Now that the game has been out for a while and more people are able to run more decks, and more decks have been developed, I think some of the meta-analysis data is somewhat unstable just due to the sheer number of total decks being run. I mean, even here we have several posters who talk about running memestrats for the sole purpose of loving over Dshift. Imagine yourself in a rock-paper-scissors sort of situation where Dshift beats you, everyone else is beating Dshift, but you're beating everyone else.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I've played against a Havencraft deck that was solely designed to gently caress Dshift. It's a typical Elana but runs more Mainyus and Shrine Knight Maidens. It might have been Seraph but there wasn't much amulet countdown reduction spells played.

Dirtrune can run gem golems, then buff them with Pascale to give you a spell immune 12/16 follower that requires multiple flame destroyers to clear it or die in two turns.

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Some of the info on the page is a little outdated, I've noticed a couple of the listed decks haven't had their pages edited since Novermber. The other thing to keep in mind is that before now, things like Mid-Range sword were performing at their peak because of the cheap overall cost and the fact that building the complete deck was actually feasible, and so how certain decks matched up against other decks was based on a very small number of pre-approved decklists. Now that the game has been out for a while and more people are able to run more decks, and more decks have been developed, I think some of the meta-analysis data is somewhat unstable just due to the sheer number of total decks being run. I mean, even here we have several posters who talk about running memestrats for the sole purpose of loving over Dshift. Imagine yourself in a rock-paper-scissors sort of situation where Dshift beats you, everyone else is beating Dshift, but you're beating everyone else.

Yeah I think I'm just looking into my own variance incorrectly and being real basic about it. :) Plus my opponents are getting less terrible.

Lord Ephraim posted:

I've played against a Havencraft deck that was solely designed to gently caress Dshift. It's a typical Elana but runs more Mainyus and Shrine Knight Maidens. It might have been Seraph but there wasn't much amulet countdown reduction spells played.

Dirtrune can run gem golems, then buff them with Pascale to give you a spell immune 12/16 follower that requires multiple flame destroyers to clear it or die in two turns.

Interesting, I should just kinda sit and wait for the expansion I figure anyways :)

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
I really hate forest ptp and Elanas. Even at C-0 rank, six of the past seven matches were against those for me. I really wish there were more ways to deal with Talismans for Blood.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Talmonis posted:

I really hate forest ptp and Elanas. Even at C-0 rank, six of the past seven matches were against those for me. I really wish there were more ways to deal with Talismans for Blood.

To be totally fair, nobody has any way to deal efficiently with talismans pretty much. I've never lost a game where I dropped an Enstatued Seraph

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

check out this wild rune list https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowverse/comments/5j30uc/tempo_rune_aa1_decklist_and_intro/

someone try it out. i only have 1 levi still :(

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

To be totally fair, nobody has any way to deal efficiently with talismans pretty much. I've never lost a game where I dropped an Enstatued Seraph

Odin and Petrification are the only cards that can stop Seraph once it hits the board.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I threw together a random shittily built Seraph deck for Unranked trying to do Haven quests since I've found two Seraphs in packs so far, and no joke, my second game was against Runecraft who cast Petrification on both of them.

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

Talmonis posted:

I saw Forest ptp -alot- in the C ranks this week, but I haven't seen any since B0.

And in fact I was playing it at least half the time in C rank.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Rushi posted:

I saw Forest ptp -alot- in the C ranks this week, but I haven't seen any since B0.

And in fact I was playing it at least half the time in C rank.

It's got a high skill ceiling and you have to play reasonably close to that for it to really be better than aggro or tempo, imo. I've been playing it and there've been plenty of games where I just know if I had Cynthias and stuff I could just smorc my way in and win and instead I'm stuck at 25 shadows and haven't seen a single AF, so I'm trying to flood the board and trade out just to get PTP online.

Dodadoodoo
Jun 15, 2007
Do you have a dad? I wanna meet that dad.
I spent a long time playing Hearthstone and finally gave this game a try. Started a few days ago and rerolled into a couple animated legendaries and had enough vials to make that storm geruda deck and am really enjoying it. I also pulled a couple cereberuses (Cerberi?) and made a shadow agro deck and a banner sword craft deck. I'm sitting on like 8k vials and have a few of the good forest cards, should I hold off on crafting them until those premade decks come out?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

someone just won the weekly tourney playing control blood :eyepop:

(and mid swords)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Their list (https://i.imgur.com/PVEc03x.jpg) has a weird amount of one-ofs

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

ZiegeDame posted:

Odin and Petrification are the only cards that can stop Seraph once it hits the board.

Shadow Witch can turn Seraph into a clay golem with an earth sigil. It's better to play later in the game than Petrification since you get a 5/5 body, and you can always bounce the clay golem.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Their list (https://i.imgur.com/PVEc03x.jpg) has a weird amount of one-ofs

i guess dire bond helps with consistency?

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

yup, and doubles as a nuke w/ mary.

that deck winning was probably sheer luck though. A bunch of 1-offs is bad for consistency, and control blood already has consistency problems.

edit; yeah, watching the grand finals they had bond at 3, righteous devil on 4 (which they only have 1 of), and the dshift deck they played against still hadn't shifted by turn 10.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

that dudes dshift deck seemed awful (having only watched the last 2-3 matches of the tourney), no idea how he got that far with it

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Havencraft p2w deck was announced - legendaries are Moon (good) and Jeanne d'arc with alternate art (???)... Jeanne was a bad card with good art so pretty weird choice

I've pulled most legendaries and still pulled 0 skullfane, soul dealer, beast dominator, and jeanne so see no reason to change that pattern

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Probably because even though she is a useless card right now she is a popular character in rage of bahamut

The alt art is real good too since she's more commonly shown nowdays with a flower in her hair and waving around that huge flag
https://shadowverse.jp/column/detail.php?id=post-2569

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Dec 19, 2016

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
Built aggro/midrange forest 4 days ago and made A0 today :) Grind grind grind.

This game is scary fun.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

The progression from B3 to A0 was kinda crazy for me. I went from going on crazy win streaks (10+ wins in a row) to actually having to play against opponents who feel like they know what they are doing. I've seen a good amount of meta decks starting from the higher C ranks but this is the first time I've actually had to try to get win streaks. The most memorable game I had so far was against a Haven deck with 3xOdin and 2xOlivia, plus every single piece of removal available to that class. Barely won that game with Midrange Swordcraft by saving all of my evolution points for my Floral Fencers, drawing all of my Otohimes early on and baiting out his Themis's Decrees.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Retcon posted:

The progression from B3 to A0 was kinda crazy for me. I went from going on crazy win streaks (10+ wins in a row) to actually having to play against opponents who feel like they know what they are doing. I've seen a good amount of meta decks starting from the higher C ranks but this is the first time I've actually had to try to get win streaks. The most memorable game I had so far was against a Haven deck with 3xOdin and 2xOlivia, plus every single piece of removal available to that class. Barely won that game with Midrange Swordcraft by saving all of my evolution points for my Floral Fencers, drawing all of my Otohimes early on and baiting out his Themis's Decrees.
I've been progressing as slowly as possible without tanking games in ranked for this reason but it looks like it'll happen soon. I'm going to miss having opponents who don't value trade their two 2/2s into my 1/2s.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 19, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

After a break from laddering (dictated mostly by quests that require stuff I don't like to ladder with), I'm on a 7-game win streak in A2. Like 500 from A3. Storm Haven still rocking faces even after Gamepress decided it's dropped to tier 2.

They weren't even close games. They were one-sided slaughters. Elanas who couldn't develop fast enough. Dshifts who couldn't react meaningfully to Mainyus. PTP having to waste its hand size on contesting the board. Storm Haven takes so many free games off people who stumble, you could probably play it badly and still do quite well.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Not so hard to go 5-0 with the right draft apparently. Just need to draft Aurelia and Otohime 16 more times.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
There are some new cards posted on the website without being announced on twitter or anything:

Selwyn's Command 3pp Forest Spell
Summon a Skystride Raptor (2/1 with storm)
Enhance 8: Then put Grand Archer Selwyn into your hand and change its cost to 0.

Castle in the Sky 3pp Sword Amulet
Countdown (15)
Whenever an allied follower comes into play, subtract 1 from this countdown.
Last Words: Give +1/1 and Storm to all allied Swordcraft followers.

Jeno, Levin Vanguard 4pp Sword 4/3
Rush
Enhance 6: Gain "Last Words: Summon 2 Knights."

Dwarf Alchemist 2pp Rune 2/2
Fanfare: Put an Earth Essence in your hand (1pp Earth Sigil)
Evolve: Put a random card with Earth Rite from your deck into your hand.

Griffon Knight 3pp Dragon 2/3
Fanfare: Randomly discard one of the lowest cost cards in your hand and deal 2 damage to an enemy follower.

Zombie Buccaneer 3pp Shadow 2/2
Necromancy(2): Gain "Last Words: Summon a Zombie"

Ice Blade Warfiend 7pp Blood 5/7
Rush
Whenever this follower destroys a follower and survives, draw a card.

Hungering Horde 2pp Blood Spell
Choose an enemy follower. Deal 3 damage to it and all enemy followers with the same name.

Manifestation of Faith
7pp Haven Spell
Randomly put 3 different countdown amulets that cost 2 or less from your deck into play.

Lucius, Goblin Slayer 5pp Neutral 3/4
Fanfare: Deal 1 damage to all enemy followers that cost 2 or more. Deal 2 damage to all enemy followers that cost 1.

Valkyrie's Spear 2pp Neutral Amulet
Whenever an allied Neutral follower comes into play, give it +1/0.

Sektor 2pp Neutral 2/2
Fanfare: Gain +2/2 if an allied Neutral follower that costs at least 5pp is in play.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 20, 2016

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

That Castle in the Sky looks pretty drat scary considering Otohime and Floral Fencer (and most Swordcraft cards really).

Then again maybe people will play more Amulet removal stuff after this expansion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i doubt that sees play in most sword decks tbh

• Locked thread