Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

mattfl posted:

3 targets in my area haven't put theirs out yet :(.

Glad you got yours for your boys party though!

Yeah and because of holiday madness I didn't even feel them up. I grabbed like 35 of them and threw them into my basket and figure that's good enough. Hopefully I don't have, like, 35 Zodiacs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Chances are you got about 17 of the 20.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Griever posted:

Rogue One has got me really wishing they'd release another non-UCS Tantive IV.

Still got mine sealed

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

LOL

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You should really watch it in its original form, it's by far one of the best lego stop motions I've ever seen.

https://gfycat.com/GiantElatedKentrosaurus

It's so silky smooth.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I decided gif vs link would get more views. :p

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Are we still allowed to post MOCs in here even if they're poo poo? Because I'm kinda happy with the way this robot dude turned out regardless.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Looks like Wall-E Lightyear. Owns.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Very mixely. I like.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Ugh, what's the etiquette for posting feedback on Bricklink?

Technically speaking my order is fine, the delivery was fast, and I got all the parts I wanted. The problem is the seller charged me $11.95 for a single 2x3 tan wedge plate. Why did this happen to me? Because I was parting out a MOC to make as a Christmas gift and opted for the lowest price algorithm on BL. I saw a few carts with around $5, which seemed normal, and a few carts around $10. Only when reviewing the order did I notice my mistake.

So, it's on me, but I want to leave a neutral because it leaves a scummy taste in my mouth to see a seller practice something like that. I don't care what your rationale, a used 2x3 tan wedge isn't that costly. It seems like a method to trick people into spending way too much for only a few bricks, like what happened to me.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

Turbinosamente posted:

Are we still allowed to post MOCs in here even if they're poo poo? Because I'm kinda happy with the way this robot dude turned out regardless.

Echoing the love, this owns tremendously

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Zodack posted:

Ugh, what's the etiquette for posting feedback on Bricklink?

Technically speaking my order is fine, the delivery was fast, and I got all the parts I wanted. The problem is the seller charged me $11.95 for a single 2x3 tan wedge plate. Why did this happen to me? Because I was parting out a MOC to make as a Christmas gift and opted for the lowest price algorithm on BL. I saw a few carts with around $5, which seemed normal, and a few carts around $10. Only when reviewing the order did I notice my mistake.

So, it's on me, but I want to leave a neutral because it leaves a scummy taste in my mouth to see a seller practice something like that. I don't care what your rationale, a used 2x3 tan wedge isn't that costly. It seems like a method to trick people into spending way too much for only a few bricks, like what happened to me.

It looks like those plates vary quite a bit. The rights are very common and sell for a nickel. The lefts are rare and sell for $5 minimum. $12 is really high, but it's not unheard of to see a variance of that size.

That piece was only ever in 1 set. And there was only one piece. The set was released and re-released 12 and 13 years ago. In other words, it is a fairly rare part.

This guys price was on the high side, but you bought it. Not really cool to leave poor feedback on the price.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Oh, that's my mistake then. I was looking at the other handedness of the piece and saw it for as low as $0.05 so I figured the lefts were the same.

That's totally on me then and I don't regret it at all. I just had a sour experience trying to part out my MOC with other sellers with giant inflated prices, so I thought I had stumbled into a similar pitfall.

And I would never leave poor feedback for something like that. I was planning on neutral if there had been some shady business going on (after all, like you said, I paid for it -- and like I said, the order went through very smoothly).

LEGO never ceases to amaze me with some parts that seem so common being so rare.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Edit: nevermind

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I should have made it more clear in my original post that I don't actually care too much about paying that price for a part if that is its value. I just thought I got scammed and didn't feel too good about it, I've had a pretty long day trying to jump flights for Christmas and so I didn't do my research as thoroughly as I would have if I opened up my BL orders tomorrow morning and started going through them.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Turbinosamente posted:

Straight outta "Reboot", I love it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I got the mail today and there was a missed-you notice saying they had a package that required a signature waiting for me at the post office, the tracking number said it was from Japan, and so I knew it could only be one thing! The sealed case of Series 16 Minifigures I got from Amazon for $115! Zipped on over to the post office, ready to pick it up. Waited in the lengthy line, hand them the ticket, and they come back! With! A padded envelope!

I open it, and, oh my! It is a single Series 16 Minifigure blind bag, packed with care in two layers of bubblewrap!

Off to Amazon claims I go!!!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The blows, hopefully Amazon takes your side.

Their service has really taken a dive in 2016, after they started allowing Chinese sellers into the listings. Gone are the days where you can buy a thing and trust that you'll get what you asked for.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well that was fast. I messaged the seller before opening a claim and they refunded me almost immediately, citing translation issues with the listing, it was supposed to be a single item listing rather than a sealed case. They also said keep the figure, so hey, free ice queen!

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I woke up yesterday to go to the airport and there was a giant five foot box just sitting outside my apartment door. It was the Parisian Restaurant I had ordered.

That's the second time FedEx has just dropped of a giant box right outside my door that is worth over $100 when the apartment office - where you are supposed to take packages - is right next door.

Meanwhile my envelope sized, bubble loaded BL orders are sent to the office, where I have to go pick them up, instead of being dropped into my mailbox that has a lock on it. Shipping is strange sometimes.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

Well that was fast. I messaged the seller before opening a claim and they refunded me almost immediately, citing translation issues with the listing, it was supposed to be a single item listing rather than a sealed case. They also said keep the figure, so hey, free ice queen!

They were charging $115 for an ice queen??

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Yeah, don't fall for that poo poo. Report them. It wasn't on the up and up, no matter how you slice it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fitzy Fitz posted:

They had a single random bag listed under the sealed box listing. Another seller I bought the same thing from, also in Japan, had a similar listing, they refunded me rather than sending it out and mentioned the same issue with misunderstanding the listing in late november. That's why I'm more inclined to believe this one, since that one seemed to be a smaller operation compared to this one, who has thousands of feedback, almost all positive.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What would compel them to sell a single CMF for the price of a box in the first place though?

I don't think I'd be inclined to report it, if the made it right for you either.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 20, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They are Japanese and their message to me was clearly Google translate, they were listing it on English amazon, and I am assuming it was just two sellers in japan misreading the listing when going to put it up and hitting "sell one like this". They've got plenty of positive feedback so I will give them the benefit of the doubt here, plus the refund was near instantaneous on this one, the other one realized before shipping it out what happened and didn't send it at all, just refunding (with an extra five bucks as an apology, which was real nice).

As much as there's lots of scammers about, don't jump to conclusions before checking them out first. If they had no feedback and did that, I probably would've nailed them for it though, yeah.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I could see it being a language thing. If english isn't something you're good at and see someone selling "SERIES 16 MINIFIGURES <FOREIGN WORDS> $115!" and you have a single series 16 minifigure, maybe you take the lazy road and copy the sale and use it for your own, figuring they all sell for $115 and are never aware it's an entire box being sold.

Or maybe it's a scam.. who knows. Report to Amazon and let them sort it out, it's their merchant portal so it's on them to vet the merchants.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Language barrier and/or copy paste job or not... anyone selling wares and expecting to get paid properly for them is drat sure going to make sure they know what amount of money they are asking for is. I mean it's possible they are the dumbest people on the planet, but it still stinks of fish to me.

Glad you weren't stung, though... :)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Man, buying like 35 CMFs and feeling them up at home is totally the way to go. Then you can number them, save for trades, or return whatever you got dupes on.

[Edit]
Ok, out of grabbing 35 off the rack at Target, I ended up with:

0 Lobster Batman
3 Glam Rock Batman
6 Fairy Batman
1 Caveman Batman
3 Rubber Ducky Batman
0 Police Barbara
1 Commissioner Gordon
0 Joker
1 Dick Grayson
4 BatGirl/Woman
1 Red Hood
0 EraserHead
0 HarleyQuinn
2 Killer Orca
1 Zodiac
0 Catman
4 March Harriet
3 Calculator
2 King Tut
3 Mime

Not bad. The kids will get the best of those, still unopened, of course... and I'll fill out my collection based on whatever is left.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 20, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Feenix posted:

Language barrier and/or copy paste job or not... anyone selling wares and expecting to get paid properly for them is drat sure going to make sure they know what amount of money they are asking for is. I mean it's possible they are the dumbest people on the planet, but it still stinks of fish to me.

Glad you weren't stung, though... :)

You are vastly, vastly overestimating the competence of people

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

xzzy posted:

You should really watch it in its original form, it's by far one of the best lego stop motions I've ever seen.

https://gfycat.com/GiantElatedKentrosaurus

It's so silky smooth.

It looks so smooth because it's been interpolated. Which is cheating.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

My Lepin Porsche is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow! That's 8 days, including the weekend, from order date to delivery, not bad coming all the way from overseas and free shipping!

[ts]xenophobe
Apr 21, 2004

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

xzzy posted:

The blows, hopefully Amazon takes your side.

Their service has really taken a dive in 2016, after they started allowing Chinese sellers into the listings. Gone are the days where you can buy a thing and trust that you'll get what you asked for.

Not just Chinese listing. I got a camera lens from Canada sans warranty because it was grey market. Company address is in the us, but ship all goods through Canada warehouses. No disclaimer anywhere.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

So it's almost the end of the year, everybody should post their favorite Lego item they collected this year be it a set, advertisements or just anything Lego themed before their Christmas presents get unwrapped.

SA Goon Sinnlos gave the 1874-1 Super Scoop to my daughter and I for use with her Lego. She got a really sweet toy to help pick up her Legos and I got a unique item to put on display when it is not in use.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Sooooooo, you train people are gonna wanna see this one.

http://imgur.com/a/w6bxL

Will be about $90/shipped.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Once they figure out they can sell tracks in large amounts, watch out.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Does it come with tracks? The Lepin pics don't have tracks, just lines drawn in where track should be.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

mattfl posted:

Sooooooo, you train people are gonna wanna see this one.

http://imgur.com/a/w6bxL

Will be about $90/shipped.

Yes. Yes I do.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
Hey, it's me, the guy with every single commercially available Lego Batmobile.

The new one is neat. It's enormous compared to the others, but its size is kind of charming. It fits in with the rest of the Lego Movie design that they've got going though.

Batman V Superman Batmobile for comparison.

It was pretty fun to build, and the wheels are a cool construction. They raise up the chassis of the car so it's more of a truck, and can also spin out to the side, presumably for some parallel parking scene.

It doesn't fit on my shelf though, which is kind of annoying.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I just can't bring myself to be ok with lepin. (No judgements, though...) I hope we get some more trains in Lego soon...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Strife posted:

Hey, it's me, the guy with every single commercially available Lego Batmobile.

The new one is neat. It's enormous compared to the others, but its size is kind of charming. It fits in with the rest of the Lego Movie design that they've got going though.

Batman V Superman Batmobile for comparison.

It was pretty fun to build, and the wheels are a cool construction. They raise up the chassis of the car so it's more of a truck, and can also spin out to the side, presumably for some parallel parking scene.

It doesn't fit on my shelf though, which is kind of annoying.

You're missing the '66 Batmobile