Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Reminder; bring Instant KO resist for the Bahamut ++ fight.

It really trivializes the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Completed the CM with minimal synergy gear. Mvp was zack actually getting dismissal and northern cross to Proc on the boss more than once. Not having a proper medica (aerith used scholars hat) really made his latter half basically rng hell.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

So is everything set to kick off tonight? The Fest banners events were datamined to begin at 5pm PST tonight, right? So the lucky draw is coinciding with the start of the Fest?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Wilekat posted:

So is everything set to kick off tonight? The Fest banners events were datamined to begin at 5pm PST tonight, right? So the lucky draw is coinciding with the start of the Fest?

They delayed the start of Orbfest. Also corrected the length of each phase to match what Japan got which is a little disappointing, but understandable.

That said, DENA has been getting better at keeping their surprises off the servers for people to datamine. I sort of like surprises - when they're not draining Mythril from me.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Dec 18, 2016

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
PSA: The strongest magic RM in the game (Vivi's Devotion, an unconditional +20% MAG, -10% DEF/RES) is apparently available at level 50. I've been putting off getting it because I assumed it was at 65 but now I'm really wishing I had picked it up earlier. According to Reddit it's equivalent to +35% damage.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

pichupal posted:

They delayed the start of Orbfest. Also corrected the length of each phase to match what Japan got which is a little disappointing, but understandable.

Thanks! Need to update my calendar

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Pander posted:

dollar pull green megaphone buddy!

:toot:

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Holy poo poo, whoever designed the Ultimate needs to be fired into the sun, AOE stop into massive lightning damage AOE is actually bullshit.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
The Ultimate is very scripted, so take that to your advantage. It will always use two attacks then Spider Web on the third turn, and it'll use Spider Web one more time after dropping below 70% HP.

If you're low on Lightning resist stuff, you can aim to defend before Spider Web comes out to reduce damage while stopped, and possibly save your RW for once the Stop has worn off.

Alternatively, Dragoons can actually put their jumping to good use here. If you have one levelled, grab Lightning Dive to try and avoid the two scripted Stops and do good damage.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

bladeworksmaster posted:

Holy poo poo, whoever designed the Ultimate needs to be fired into the sun, AOE stop into massive lightning damage AOE is actually bullshit.

It sucks a lot, but it's nice to see a challenge against my generally monster teams.

I might try to master that ult gauntlet, what tips can I get to not whiff it? I have 2 magic blink sb's (firion bsb, arc SSB [heavy regen shell magic blink]). Should I just put ace striker on Firion and lifesiphon? I have SG, Faris BSB + aoe mag/ATK down sb, Basch attract phys/black magic SB + apoc shield, and basically everything else under the sun. What should I do..?

Also what is the game plan for beating nightmare guardian? What's that bit about dodging that 9999 laser beam poo poo? Can I just brute force this fight?

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
I've been enjoying the tougher fights, though "enjoying" goes in quotation marks for the Ultimate, forced Stop should probably be reserved for Ult++ level fights. This Ultimate and last week's probably acted as a gatekeeper for fights new players might have been able to actually complete. G Eraser was also surprisingly tough, my lack of utility SBs for VII struck hard. Unlike Diamond Weapon, whose damage felt easily manageable if you could field a Fire-resistant Mage team, G Eraser was just a nonstop pain train. Thief's Revenge and Drain Strike helped keep healing just honest enough for Clear Tranquil and Healing Wind to keep four people alive, Red XIII did not live to hear the victory fanfare. I also made life harder on myself than I had to by not equipping any Instant KO resist for the U++ though miraculously I lost no one for that one.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Wow that U+ CM was an absolute joke. I was in no danger at all the entire fight. I don't even have a medica for Aerith and she was only level 65 and though she got low on HP a couple of times, she was the only one that ever was in danger of dying. I probably could have finished it easily even if she had been KOd.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Wall makes the fight a joke. Not bringing it can make it a lot more challenging, especially during the weak phase.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Anyone ever pulled a perfect 11/11?

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

victrix posted:

Yes me tonight on the buff banner. Somehow they're all genji shields though.

Really though, there is a probability for it, and someone somewhere has probably done it but not taken a screenshot.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

victrix posted:

Highest I can recall seeing a screenshot of is 7/11.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So is there a FFRK presence in China? They just passed a law that says all mystery draws must publish the % chance of each rarity as well as any hidden bad luck protection mechanic.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

victrix posted:

I don't think it's technically impossible but it's beyond the realm of reasonable probability, highest I've seen is 7 as well.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

So is there a FFRK presence in China? They just passed a law that says all mystery draws must publish the % chance of each rarity as well as any hidden bad luck protection mechanic.

FFRK japan publishes pull rates on banners, which can change on a per-banner basis.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

victrix posted:

I have no numbers to back this up but you're probably more likely to get a 5*+ in the daily draw then go straight 11.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
I think the odds of an 11/11 pull are 1 in 3,000,000,000, or one in three billion, if Reddit math checks out.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

I think the odds of an 11/11 pull are 1 in 3,000,000,000, or one in three billion, if Reddit math checks out.

discounting the guaranteed 1/11, getting 10 additional 5*'s at a 12% chance puts you at a measly 1 in 1.61 billion chance. You're probably better off playing your local big lottery.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Reserving my Josef's suicide glove/11 post. Thanks for reading and God Bless

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
The only bad part of 11/11 on a regular banner is there's still a chance (around 25% for an OSB/BSB) of not getting the relic you want.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Better than 0/11 disappointment.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

11 Tiny Bees.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
After FFXIV what's the next big hotness banner? Or are they a little more balanced instead of crazy banners like FFT, OK, etc?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

I'm actually cheering irl right now.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I get Lightbringer for Celes, her BSB!
... it's my second one.

That's still 100% better than Josef' glove!

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

acumen posted:

After FFXIV what's the next big hotness banner? Or are they a little more balanced instead of crazy banners like FFT, OK, etc?

I don't think there have been any major standouts, but here's some that might appeal to people?

Ultros Select, assuming we get a similar banner, is definitely a standout.

Cloud of Darkness 2 is notable for having every single Onion Knight relic on it.

The Holy Limit Chain Banner for a whole load of Holy SSBs, Raines BSB, and the obvious Warrior of Light Limit Chain SB. I think the XI banner (the other Limit Chain banner) is also pretty good and might be our only upcoming XI event anyways.

Similar to the CoD banner, Rapha/Malak Banner 2 has every Orlandeau relic on it.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

1/11, Cerberus Shell gun. Even not counting OKburst I have a better faithga

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Anyone thinking of drawing on this banner with XIV right around the corner, look at this image.

You're welcome.

Edit: Wow, you are all gutsier than me, pretty good draws though

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
1/11, Desch gauntlets. Holy crap that's bad. Saving all my luck for Minfilia I guess?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

hahaha there's uniques on that banner

gently caress it I don't care if it's half off I'm not touching it with a twenty foot pole.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

If that weren't a dupe plat sword this would have been a great pull.

It is a dupe. Not thrilled with this one.

Probably just gonna combine the Plat swords. I have enough other synergy to field a full FFT squad.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Game crashed when I pulled, so I had to dig to find my disappointing Desch's Gauntlets and Kuja's Rod. C'est la vie.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

A BSB, a medica, and a boostga. Not horrible considering this is the first pull I have done in awhile!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
2/11, Echo's Seraphic Rod and Josef's Dragon Claws.

Huh. Nothing really good SB-wise (debatable whether RES+50% is worth it over Quistis' Regen), but my first piece of I synergy, and another piece of rare II synergy. 25 Mythril for two synergy pieces isn't the worst thing in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Dupe Power Staff (V). Not even worth combining them since I'm sitting on an 8* Ghido's Whisker.

• Locked thread