Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Lurdiak posted:

According to a Forbes article published in January 2015, the developer has given up on the project, and plans to refund backers.[18] However, on January 20, 2016, Pelloni denied this claim as he stated via Kickstarter that he had not permanently stopped working on Bob's Game, and had been pitching the game to investors and publishers, to no success. Pelloni cited an unstable living condition and extensive re-writes to the game's code as additional reasons for the delay.[19]

Really don't think it's ever coming out, the guy sounds too unstable to actually finish this project.

Holy poo poo. :eyepop:

I didn't expect updates that recent :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

tap my mountain posted:

I believe that is intentional, since it's the first game where he's not putting on an act as a triple agent. This is the one game where you get to meet the real Ocelot, and he's kind of boring guy who tells you to avoid getting split in half by a helicopter's machine gun.

He twirls a gun literally once in mgsV. Actually my biggest grievance against the game.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Dewgy posted:

Holy poo poo. :eyepop:

I didn't expect updates that recent :laffo:

Really I don't think anybody actually funded that Kickstarter thinking they were getting a game out of it. If I had to guess I'd say most of the backers were just people who knew he needed money along with anyone else the spectacle managed to grab.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Finished Dead Space 1 & Shantae today :toot:

DS1 was an all around solid experience. Generally good action set pieces and it feels real awesome when you mow down a group of enemies just right (and equally terrible when these encounters go south). The last boss was hilariously easy compared to the rest of the game.

Shantae was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be: a well made but generally easy platformer with some gorgeous visuals. I still think I prefer Pirate's Curse but that's probably because I just like the pirate abilities more than the dances.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Looper posted:

"The laughing scene in FFX is deliberately bad"

yeah but like, it's also, at the same time, actually bad

It's a real dumb way to write a scene but it's kind of unfair that people use that scene to call the voice actor bad or whatever when it's obviously supposed to be stupid, IMO.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wish they'd make a new Rival Schools. I'd settle for one that wasn't just on PSP/Vita.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I wish they'd make a new Rival Schools. I'd settle for one that wasn't just on PSP/Vita.

Isnt it or project justice on fightcade?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Isnt it or project justice on fightcade?

What exactly is fightcade? Because if it's emulation, I'm out...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What exactly is fightcade? Because if it's emulation, I'm out...

Shameful.

Fightcade is classic arcade games with excellent ggpo netcode and usually decent and stable player numbers. It would be the place to actually play rival schools after whatever remake or sequel you are hoping for loses all its players thanks to slapdash capcom netcode.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 19, 2016

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Last Celebration posted:

It's a real dumb way to write a scene but it's kind of unfair that people use that scene to call the voice actor bad or whatever when it's obviously supposed to be stupid, IMO.

I think it's a fair point of criticism. Awkward translation plus awkward acting in a scene that's trying to be awkward is a recipe for absolute disaster.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Looper posted:

"The laughing scene in FFX is deliberately bad"

yeah but like, it's also, at the same time, actually bad

so true~

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

A lot of bad VA jobs come down to poor direction rather than any fault on the actor's part.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In FFX's case it was both poor direction and the western VA having to match the Japanese timing to within like 0.1 of a second or the game crashed.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

You know what i want? An option to automatically switch from an WASD setup to an ESDF one. Yes this is stupid but it's 2016 and everyone should at least acknowledge that it exists. :colbert: I'm lazy and tired of having to re-bind everthing in every drat game and wondering if i've unbound (or double bound) some important thing or another.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
When FFX was being made, Japanese game companies still lived in an insular bubble and rarely bothered to work with native English speakers to make sure scripts and VA worked organically in a different language. I wish I could find the article about it, because it had short interviews with the major game makers (Miyamoto tier guys) and IIRC every one of them said something to the effect of "we don't think American players care that much about the script". haha.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

it is kind of weird that the laughing scene still gets brought up so often 15 years later

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

it is kind of weird that the laughing scene still gets brought up so often 15 years later

Memetics is a hell of a thing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That's how you know it was effective!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Memes. The DNA of the soul.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I thought it was funny in FFX when the FMVs would start and everyone suddenly became asian, and also way uglier due to uncanny valley.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
FFX-2 was worse about that because they had like 3 models for the characters: the CG model that was in the prerendered stuff, the an FFX-style cutscene model, and then just the flat texture model where it's like they just gave up and figured nobody would notice everyone was suddenly wearing a mask with their face on it haha

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I could name ten way worse JRPG things than that scene, in Legend of Dragoon alone.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Lurdiak posted:

I thought it was funny in FFX when the FMVs would start and everyone suddenly became asian, and also way uglier due to uncanny valley.

I find it more hilarious because pre render cutscenes tend to make characters look better than in the game in cutscenes.

FFX?

Nooooope.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is this Samsung TV okay to get for 4k and HDR? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DUTL4OI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=21XDLHC3RLL2&coliid=I37US9BAE6JKCI&psc=1

I have a PS4 Pro and Xbox One S now so I may as well make the step up to 4K.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Shindragon posted:

I find it more hilarious because pre render cutscenes tend to make characters look better than in the game in cutscenes.

FFX?

Nooooope.

That's what I'm saiyan.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Is this Samsung TV okay to get for 4k and HDR? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DUTL4OI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=21XDLHC3RLL2&coliid=I37US9BAE6JKCI&psc=1

I have a PS4 Pro and Xbox One S now so I may as well make the step up to 4K.

Ks8000 or bust.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Ks8000 or bust.

Ooh man, that is a nice TV, just a bit out of my price range. Will I be missing out a lot by buying the Samsung I linked?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Is there a certain build in Fallout 4 that's particularly fun/good? I kinda don't know what I'm doing.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lizard Wizard posted:

Is there a certain build in Fallout 4 that's particularly fun/good? I kinda don't know what I'm doing.

High luck is rather good if you use VATS a lot.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Ooh man, that is a nice TV, just a bit out of my price range. Will I be missing out a lot by buying the Samsung I linked?

Look up the rtings review and see if they say it can actually support the hdr capability it has.

If they start saying things like it lacks the full color gamut or it has less than optimal peak brightness or anything like that, wait until ks8000 goes on sale for superbowl sunday

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Only if the constant booper sound doesnt bother you. I thought it was funny for a while but then not

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I give tetsuya nomura lots of poo poo because I think too many of his character designs rely on excessive overuse of belts and zippers but I am glad that Lulu's dress in FFX was him trying to troll the people who had to animate the prerendered cutscenes by designing a character whose entire dress was belts

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The worst thing about ordering physical copies of games is that you have to wait for them in the mail! Why is it still Sunday and not Wednesday!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Using VATS a lot isn't a build, it's the law

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

FirstAidKite posted:

Memes. The DNA of the soul.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Lizard Wizard posted:

Anything VATS / action points / criticals is YMMV because in combination they can hilariously own anything but on the other hand when everything can be solved with a VATS menu things get pretty boring. Rifles, explosives, big guns and lots and lots of drugs can't go wrong though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
On the other hand, watching your character headshot the enemy 10 times while they continually run at you in a straight line is pretty funny.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

FirstAidKite posted:

I give tetsuya nomura lots of poo poo because I think too many of his character designs rely on excessive overuse of belts and zippers but I am glad that Lulu's dress in FFX was him trying to troll the people who had to animate the prerendered cutscenes by designing a character whose entire dress was belts

Its why I gave him a pass for KH because of Lulu's design.

KH2 though, ok now he went too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this literally just happened in the top 8 Street Fighter V at NEC: https://clips.twitch.tv/bifuteki/LightNightingaleKreygasm

christ. what a hilarious shitshow of a production

• Locked thread