Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Darth Walrus posted:

I 'unno, how great are we talking here?

I can see songs being sung about the hero who successfully managed to rope a rampaging Jagganoth into a therapeutic knitting session.

That honestly sounds like a more benign "trickster goddess" story. Something like ol' grandma getting you to do stuff for her, which is secretly in your own best interests, because she knows you're ever so smart and talented and you wouldn't want to disappoint such a nice old lady would you?

Then before you know it, you've baked bread for half of Throne and found yourself enjoying it. And you're supposed to be an omnicidal angel with lots of spikes! :argh:

So gently caress yes I'm all in for that. :getin:

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Thyrork posted:

That honestly sounds like a more benign "trickster goddess" story. Something like ol' grandma getting you to do stuff for her, which is secretly in your own best interests, because she knows you're ever so smart and talented and you wouldn't want to disappoint such a nice old lady would you?

Then before you know it, you've baked bread for half of Throne and found yourself enjoying it. And you're supposed to be an omnicidal angel with lots of spikes! :argh:

So gently caress yes I'm all in for that. :getin:

kill six billion demons, as written by terry pratchett

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Esme Weatherwax would go through Throne like a length of barbed wire

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

Esme Weatherwax would go through Throne like a length of barbed wire

:agreed:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
this comic owns pretty hard

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
My new OTP is Zoss and Nanny Ogg.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Oh look, one of the skellingtons has the same counter that the Mammon guards had on.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Poison Mushroom posted:

My new OTP is Zoss and Nanny Ogg.

Zoss couldn't hope to handle her.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

SardonicTyrant posted:

In fact, other than :smug: David, no one who's Royalty seems happy about it.

A big flaming stink posted:

Come to think of it, does even Zoss know the secret syllable of royalty? He sure as gently caress does not seem to have the love that goes along with it, even under the very broad definition of love that comes with the knowledge that your own identity and the entirety of creation are one and the same. Dude just seems kinda ticked all the time.

Cryophage posted:

That's just because you can't see his big ol' smile under that giant mustache.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

While I'd like to argue that a man as bara as Zoss must prefer the company of other men, I'm afraid our guy is probably a celibate godking.

Clearly his overwhelming power comes from a strict volcel lifestyle.

Edit: that's terrifying cryophage

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Tollymain posted:

also i feel that it's important to note that Royalty is not a thing that people are, it's something they aim for. zoss himself is said to have come closest, but not to have actually attained it. i imagine it's a little like the concept of traveling at c
Not true, Hansa was definitely royalty for instance. Zoss likely is too given he (a) was chill with dying and (b) hasn't let that minor detail slow him down. Allison isn't, but has taken a couple of steps on the right path (see text here for example).

SardonicTyrant posted:

In fact, other than :smug: David, no one who's Royalty seems happy about it.
Pretty sure none of the demiurges are royalty or they wouldn't act the way they do. They're really powerful, but cling to things that keep them from becoming royalty. They're a dead end.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

Not true, Hansa was definitely royalty for instance. Zoss likely is too given he (a) was chill with dying and (b) hasn't let that minor detail slow him down. Allison isn't, but has taken a couple of steps on the right path (see text here for example).

Pretty sure none of the demiurges are royalty or they wouldn't act the way they do. They're really powerful, but cling to things that keep them from becoming royalty. They're a dead end.

Meti says she's royalty.

quote:

5. Upon meeting me, you might find that my appearance is quite dreadful and unkempt. I have been spat upon by priest, king, and merchant alike. I have no retainers, and possess nothing except a straight sword six hand spans (5 and a half kret) long (this is the proper length). This is because I am Royalty and the undisputed master of the principal art of Cutting. I will fight naked with ten-thousand men.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
I'm sure there a few others too (Het maybe?). I wouldn't be surprised if we found out Maya was royalty since it could explain why she gave up her key.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
She could probably be on the path to it, but so far the closest to even get to it is Zoss, as per Operant's tumblr.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Hansa was the god of cynics and the elderly. He was a disciple of YISUN."

yisun committed holy suicide to create the creators of the gods, mythology is complicated and contradictory, and the gods were not the same order of being as the servants/humans/angels/devils

also anybody can say they're royalty. i'm royalty.

(i think meti stopped caring about pointing out that royalty is not truly attainable long ago)

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

I get the feeling that Royalty means different things to different people. In that case, I'll append my statement to "everyone who thinks they're Royalty".

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

thatbastardken posted:

Royalty is the manager

and no, you cannot use your democracy coupon. it expired.

having done time in middle management, managers are decisively not Royalty

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

having done time in middle management, managers are decisively not Royalty

Middle managers are demiurges.

You know nothing on how the universe works pup

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Demiurges are wageslave losers, Royalty is achieving full power NEET life.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Royalty is absorbing all your food meat through your pores

mouths are for shouting

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 19, 2016

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

These splash pages are always so rad. There is so much going on in that huge first panel, it's great, I can keep coming back to look at it again and again.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ThaumPenguin posted:

Royalty is absorbing all your food meat through your pores

mouths are for shouting

Royalty is buttchugging soylent prepared with vodka.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

Royalty is buttchugging soylent prepared with vodka.

hey guys I drank some of my new Soylent shipment and looked at the shape of creation and now I'm blind and can't stop puking. should I drink the rest

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

hey guys I drank some of my new Soylent shipment and looked at the shape of creation and now I'm blind and can't stop puking. should I drink the rest
If you have to ask, you have strayed from the path of Royalty.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Royalty is basically the entirety of the "EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK." post.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

SunAndSpring posted:

Royalty is basically the entirety of the "EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK." post.

theshim posted:

jagganoths secret is that EVERY MORNING I OPEN PALM SLAM A FIRED CLAY TABLET TO THE GROUND. IT'S AESMA AND THE THREE MASTERS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES NEXT TO THE MAIN CHARACTER, PREE AESMA. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN THE UNIVERSAL ART OF VIOLENCE OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY'VE SEEN THE SHAPE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE (it is somewhat wheel-shaped). I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO THE OTHER DEMIURGES AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE DEMIURGES CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY 111,111 WORLDS LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Dec 19, 2016

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I'm honestly a little embarrassed about how long I laugh at that poo poo every time I see it posted.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Dont forget this:

(click the image)

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i wish i could say i wrote that, but that was theshim filling out a joke i was too lazy to finish myself.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm tough on crime

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
I'm tough on stains.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

I'd forgotten how absolutely superb that is. :allears:

Reene posted:

I'm honestly a little embarrassed about how long I laugh at that poo poo every time I see it posted.

Same without the shame. :getin:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Reene posted:

The first step of becoming royalty is reading and listening to the audio version of that and not laughing.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ElMaligno posted:

The first step of becoming royalty is reading and listening to the audio version of that and not laughing.

I smiled, but did not laugh. I have begun my journey towards ascension.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ElMaligno posted:

The first step is not laughing, the last step is laughing earnestly.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If you laugh for aeons undying, you've gone too far.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Poison Mushroom posted:

If you laugh for aeons undying, you've gone too far.

Jadis is just giggling a little.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

k6bd christmas cards:

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

If you see Santa on the road, kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I am a student of the principle art of Wrapping.