Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Pages back but this might be a post-surgery smock. You put it on dogs that have bandages on their stomach/groin so that you can keep them secure/clean.

I had to walk my dumbass dog for like 2 weeks in one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Choco1980 posted:

Why aren't you turning the turtle over?

I prefer the new version: "I peed on the turtle's head"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vktt2wurx6c&t=243s

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FuhrerHat posted:

Pages back but this might be a post-surgery smock. You put it on dogs that have bandages on their stomach/groin so that you can keep them secure/clean.

I had to walk my dumbass dog for like 2 weeks in one.

Nah, those are dog pants.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Shoulda been "me and your wife"

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I will never tire of runaway tire gifs, but this one is just so perfect that there really is no point anymore.

Content:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Who What Now posted:

That's crazy-talk. Name one good thing you can have too much of?

In the words of the great Stephen Fry, "Well of course too much is bad for you, that’s what “too much” means"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

God Hole posted:

I will never tire of runaway tire gifs, but this one is just so perfect that there really is no point anymore.

Content:

That dude was probably severely injured by that

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

funny Star Wars parody posted:

That dude was probably severely injured by that

Nah he wasn't hurt just a little tired

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

How did I not see that coming?

(Also how did he not see that coming)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Choco1980 posted:

Why aren't you turning the turtle over?

The turtle is not human, ergo my three laws require no action be taken, fleshling-uhhh... I mean... who knows? :shrug:

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Nah he wasn't hurt just a little tired

Really? He was wheeled out of there.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

rim shot

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I'm glad we can keep the jokes rolling in this thread.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

It's basically Siri as an anime girl, yeah.

I thought that was Cortana.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rick_Hunter posted:

I was ok with it until it said, "Missed you, darling." :stare:

Let's be fair for a moment; Some of the conversational texting isn't a bad idea for a smart home box (I'll be home in ten minutes -> configure heating/air-con, lights etc), even just stuff like "it may rain later" spouting out of an avatar is probably going to help the average person more than just being told 66% humidity on a screen if they remember to check it in the morning.

Now let's let that moment pass with a :wtc: at the "missed you, darling" stuff. Also I'm kinda surprised they didn't just go for broke and use Hatsune Miku for it, because they'd just be printing money from otaku's at that point.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
So, am I the only one who watched that and thought that it'll only exacerbate the growing disinterest in Japanese young adults to find partners and reproduce?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Choco1980 posted:

So, am I the only one who watched that and thought that it'll only exacerbate the growing disinterest in Japanese young adults to find partners and reproduce?

No, we're all right there with you.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also I'm kinda surprised they didn't just go for broke and use Hatsune Miku for it, because they'd just be printing money from otaku's at that point.
I was reading about it, and apparently they are actually in talks to do exactly that.

I wouldn't mind an at-home assistant type AI, as long as it didn't pretend to be my friend or boyfriend. Text it that you're home in 10 to get it to turn the heat on, get the coffee going, etc.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Choco1980 posted:

The post-war paradigm where you get a job and work for that company your whole life ending but not getting replaced with anything, the insane cost of housing, and the super double insane cost of raising a child are probably bigger factors than Those Kids and Their Gizmos.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Japan is a broken country

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I think the only real solution here is to make it super big and have Zordon in your house.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

millennials are faced with similar issues regardless of culture, breaking news at 11

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Did I just watch someone die?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Let's face it, the next logical step for Japan is to create real life EDI's so that otakus can have their very own sexbot.

:edi:

Oh god, :edi: do not do this Japan.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I'd love one of those mini holograms if it came with better characters. 1980's Robocop reminding me to grab an umbrella, or Yoda texting me while I'm at work.

"Miss you I do when home you are not"

Doesn't even need to be licensed characters. Just make it a wisecracking, flaming skull.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Technically true

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Helith posted:

Let's face it, the next logical step for Japan is to create real life EDI's so that otakus can have their very own sexbot.

:edi:

Oh god, :edi: do not do this Japan.

You realize they are already working on this, right? They've already built virtual reality sexbots, and they've been trying to crack the "lifelike home companion" for years now, mostly to make their old people less lonely, but it only takes one nerd to write sex drivers for it once they've built one. The only way Japan isn't going to have sexbots before their complete population implosion is if somebody nukes them again or their economy completely collapses.

The worst part is that it's extremely likely they'll look like Hatsune Miku, so if the sexbots become self aware and overthrow mankind they'll be green haired and waifish.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kwyndig posted:

You realize they are already working on this, right? They've already built virtual reality sexbots, and they've been trying to crack the "lifelike home companion" for years now, mostly to make their old people less lonely, but it only takes one nerd to write sex drivers for it once they've built one. The only way Japan isn't going to have sexbots before their complete population implosion is if somebody nukes them again or their economy completely collapses.

The worst part is that it's extremely likely they'll look like Hatsune Miku, so if the sexbots become self aware and overthrow mankind they'll be green haired and waifish.

At least the uprising will be upbeat and musical.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

lol if you don't think the end goal of RealDolls is fully functional sex autonama, don't act like its just Japan

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's not love, but an incredible simulation!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
PYF Funny Pictures: It's not love, but an incredible simulation!

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Wait so American Indians are all furries?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Ak Gara posted:

Wait so American Indians are all furries?

Yes because they are white people. Like, so white. Whiter than Europeans, even.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Wait. Wait. Punctuation issue here. Is it...

Sorry white people, you have no spirit animal; that is your fursona

~or~

Sorry, white people: you have no spirit animal that is your fursona

I prefer a combination of the two:

Sorry white people, you have no spirit animal that is your fursona
(as in, "dumb cracker, you have neither a spirit animal nor a fursona").

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

my spirit animal is the five different fonts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Picnic Princess posted:

Yes because they are white people. Like, so white. Whiter than Europeans, even.

There's no non-white Indians left, man. :(

• Locked thread