Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Numero6 posted:

They're fracking hell!

No blood for oil :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Tunicate posted:

No blood for oil :colbert:

seems more like the opposite situation here, really

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, they can't be fracking hell.

John Allison already used that plot in Bobbins, I don't think he'd repeat himself so soon.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

SlothfulCobra posted:

Wait, they can't be fracking hell.

John Allison already used that plot in Bobbins, I don't think he'd repeat himself so soon.

Yeah but poo poo was hosed in the latest Mordawwa's story.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
e: lmao gently caress wrong thread, genuine accident

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
No thread you post in is ever the wrong thread. :allears:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Erin Winters is in hell Shauna, that's where she is, and I hope you feel bad for running her down.

There are reader favorite Tackleverse characters who aren't Desmond Fishman?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

howe_sam posted:

Erin Winters is in hell Shauna, that's where she is, and I hope you feel bad for running her down.

There are reader favorite Tackleverse characters who aren't Desmond Fishman?

Well there's Esther (although I don't think we'll ever see her in Bad Machinery outside of flashbacks until Giant Days ends). Everyone should read Giant Days.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

howe_sam posted:

nah she got out and got a job in local journalism

so really a lateral move

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think she ended up going back though

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well there's Esther (although I don't think we'll ever see her in Bad Machinery outside of flashbacks until Giant Days ends). Everyone should read Giant Days.

Seconding this, Giant Days is really really good

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Can one of the two other people on these forums who admits to reading bcb remind me what the deal with final fantasy cat Augustus is?

I vaguely recall there being a single chapter that fleshed out his character and set up his relationship with Lucy, but I don't remember what that actually was beyond both of them being in the "contemplating suicide" club.

Context: today's page has confused me.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Renaissance Robot posted:

Can one of the two other people on these forums who admits to reading bcb remind me what the deal with final fantasy cat Augustus is?

I vaguely recall there being a single chapter that fleshed out his character and set up his relationship with Lucy, but I don't remember what that actually was beyond both of them being in the "contemplating suicide" club.

I think that was kind of it. He hit on Daisy at one point and she rejected him and told him she's not the right person to deal with other people's weird brain problems :ironicat:

He and Lucy never really interacted much besides quipping about how totally not into each other they were besides that and the suicide thing, so the past couple pages confused me too because I never realized they were any closer than that. According to the comments on their facebook page the whole "why are you still here" bit is because he was in the same grade as Tess and should have graduated already, which I had completely forgotten about, so that part makes sense at least. I'm pretty sure he's never actually interacted with any of the cast besides Lucy, Daisy, and Abbey who hates him, but Abbey's got brain problems and hates anyone who gets too close to things he thinks are his and includes people as things under that clause.

Either way I'm pretty sure it's been like a couple years since he's even appeared and he was barely relevant then but I guess he's actually a main character? The facebook comment section brought up another good point about how her "friends" were the reason she tried to kill herself and ended up leaving in the first place, and in a weird way the dude whose only things in common with her are that their lives/friends suck and they both attempted suicide is kind of the only person around she can actually be real with.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Renaissance Robot posted:

Some evil whim led me to pick up BCB the other day. So, uh, basically every single character is the shambling wreckage of a human being animal person, huh? :shepface:

Anyway, the why of Augustus starts here: https://www.bittersweetcandybowl.com/c86/p1.html

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Woah Poppy :smith:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yes yes sad but daym gurl nice suit there Pops.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

"Oh my god, what even the gently caress, Lily :stare:" aside, look at that poor abused alarm clock. It's seen a few too many days where Poppy didn't wanna get out of bed.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's cool, it just means Lily still really loves her and is too young to understand why that's weird.

The real :stare: part of the page is that sheep's nail job. When you have that much ground to cover I feel like you'd just do the back or edges, not the entire hoof.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hey, Morbi, update your front page, man. It still says your latest update was on the 2nd.

Also, I just noticed that the red handkerchief is Lily's. I wonder if that'll become an important detail later?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It's cool, it just means Lily still really loves her and is too young to understand why that's weird.

The real :stare: part of the page is that sheep's nail job. When you have that much ground to cover I feel like you'd just do the back or edges, not the entire hoof.

Lily's statement isn't crazy, as you suggest. She's a child dealing with some heavy poo poo and like a lot of children she has A) zero filter and B) can articulate herself about as well as a brick through a window.

Still damned sad though.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

http://scarygoround.com/?date=20161219
Yesssssss. Mordawwa and Scientist Erin and The Boy! :neckbeard:

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Oh, and they both reverted to their 18-year-old selves, apparently.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
The return of Eustace Horseman

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

"Micturate"

I do so enjoy learning new words.

(Can't say I'm all that hyped for more Erin, but I am ridiculously happy to see Le Garcon back and de-horsed).

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. :ohdear:

Please don't freeze to death in Iceland, Erin & the Boy!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Ditocoaf posted:

Oh, and they both reverted to their 18-year-old selves, apparently.

I don't think Erin was ever properly 18. She skipped those years by being queen of hell.

I'm more concerned that infernal influence has left its mark as a big floppy horse costume.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think of all the words to follow "big floppy horse", "costume" is probably a best case scenario.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Apparently Love Me nice will return to updates about January 7th http://littlefroggies.tumblr.com/post/154718015837/a-few-followers-were-tweetin-at-me-about-lmn-baby

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I woke up this morning to some cryptic tweets from someone I didn't recognize.

https://mobile.twitter.com/basicincomepls

Looks like Basic Income Please has updated Pictures For Sad Children.

http://picturesforsadchildren.com/

I had been wondering what happened to them and if they were okay.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I don't think The Artist Currently Known as Basic Income Please is ever really going to be 'okay'.

But that was kind of what made their comics so interesting though.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

They were in a dark place last I heard (right after the book burning) and thought the worst had happened. "Okay" is relative.

They did make me question basic assumptions about the relationship between artists and patrons, among other things, at least.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Dec 20, 2016

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Remember Dead Winter? I forgot that even existed until this morning.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Yeah! She's working on a video game, so it updates like once a month.

I think I waited for the second Dead Winter book longer than I waited for the Pictures For Sad Children book.

Not as long as I've been waiting for Nicholas Gurewitch's upcoming book...

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uthor posted:

I woke up this morning to some cryptic tweets from someone I didn't recognize.

https://mobile.twitter.com/basicincomepls

Looks like Basic Income Please has updated Pictures For Sad Children.

http://picturesforsadchildren.com/

I had been wondering what happened to them and if they were okay.

Donated

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Just Offscreen posted:

Remember Dead Winter? I forgot that even existed until this morning.

Same, coincidentally.

I'm happy to leave it forgotten until Alison gets done with the game. It's one of only three webcomics I've ever bought in print (so far) and I'd love to see it finished. I don't want to kill my interest by actively waiting though.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

howe_sam posted:

http://scarygoround.com/?date=20161219
Yesssssss. Mordawwa and Scientist Erin and The Boy! :neckbeard:

I've been out of the SGR game for a while. It would seem things got weird in my absence. :stare:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
insane people make the best art, it's a stereotype that has been proven true again and again throughout history, however non-insane people can also make good art if they try hard and believe in themselves and they tend to be more reliable when it comes to transactions involving money. however modern psychiatry has levelled the field a lot and i hope someday it'll be possible for insane people to make great art AND basic income please without being doomed to a life of mailing their ears to prostitutes and/or mailing dead wasps to kickstarter backers

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

readingatwork posted:

I've been out of the SGR game for a while. It would seem things got weird in my absence. :stare:

If you were ever in the SGR game, things getting weird should be a given. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Avshalom posted:

insane people make the best art, it's a stereotype that has been proven true again and again throughout history, however non-insane people can also make good art if they try hard and believe in themselves and they tend to be more reliable when it comes to transactions involving money. however modern psychiatry has levelled the field a lot and i hope someday it'll be possible for insane people to make great art AND basic income please without being doomed to a life of mailing their ears to prostitutes and/or mailing dead wasps to kickstarter backers

There are these people called "agents" who act as a buffer between strange people and people who are willing to pay for the products of strange people. However, some people are strange enough to not want help, and some decide that trying to make money is somehow bad.

• Locked thread