Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Wrecked Angle posted:

That's actually a rather cunningly devious plan from CIG if that's their intention.

Make 2.6 subscriber only over the holidays to ensure every backer feels the need to sub.
In the new year, start pushing more exclusive subscriber content citing the large numbers of subs as justification.
Gradually treat the non-subs worse and worse. Big (well.. bigger! lol) delays until they get any new release, gated off content on the Spectrum?

Congratulations, you've basically transitioned to adopted the subscriber model for your buy-to-play game. Wait a few months, hike the price a bit more and continue to treat the non-sub customers like dogshit and you're there.

e. I realise that CIG basically started down this road months ago with the sub/non-sub divide but it's the leaving 2.6 & SM access over Xmas which will really force peoples hand.

this guy ^

Dec. 10th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

ouchies

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

poo poo, did the green screen fail again?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

You know what the right thing to do is

Ship a physical copy of it to CIG LA headquarters , Mark the package as 'food ! refrigerate immediately'

Wait for Ben to post on his Twitter about the discovery

Good, but I think we can improve a bit. Buy a copy of LOD and send it to Chris. Mark it "reference material".

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Star Citizen: If Star Citizen is a scam then where is your lawyers to sue them?

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

"It's wrong to be a Brony !!"

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You're wrong concerning both fortnight and danes

Maybe you should read the thread again

Thank you for defending VanilleKipferl honour

Have a virtual Kipferl even if it's not as tasty as a real austrian one after about a week in a nonairtight box

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TheAgent posted:

Pm me bro

Nah it's all good! Just have a drink for me! And send one of those dummies Bad Rats or something.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheAgent posted:

who won the fuckin free game thing?????? I'm too drunk to be an impartial judge but

not derek because he can buy it himself
not beer because he can afford it after the refund
Maybe the shooting mouth DS gif making guy
mom a?????
maybe the stacked ship girl thing or that one streamer WTFOSAURUS
the guy who got doxxed? I feel p bad for him
the guy who created Babylon 5
I dunno y'all decide

I need a space game to play. Gift me anything. Steam ID: Croberts42

Thanks.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
As long as people are giving out games, I'll take a good and real one that actually exists and is playable. Starpoint Gemini Warlords. TIA.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/419480

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Nah it's all good! Just have a drink for me! And send one of those dummies Bad Rats or something.
they have no idea whats coming

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Well it looks like 2.6 didn't address the "guns fire all the time for no reason" bug lmao

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 19, 2016

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

Well it looks like 2.6 didn't address the "guns fire all the time for no reason" bug lmao

It's no surprise, I brought this up in my July blog during bug smasher episodes when he was tossing out and deleting code to solve one particular issue.

But seriously, during those episodes you find hacked together fixes and code that probably manifest themselves down the line in ways they never anticipated.

Still waiting for the DX12 and Vulkan rendering pathways to be introduced into an outdated engine version. Along with the network code that will defy physics, I'm sure 3.0 will be out shortly.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Star Martin

Beet Wagon posted:

Needs some 'shitposting in progress' text

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Ahhh they have the new "glowing breadcrumbs" tracking system working I see.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Who is the president of marketing? They're not doing a very good job.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Tippis posted:

You can pick them up, and connect them to just the rover wherever you go. And you only really need them underground, where you won't see them — bonus! :D

And I don't know — it seemed like umpteen bajillion connections between bases and storage slots killed my FPS more. I think this game may have a few optimisation issues to work out…

it's pre-alpha!

this is still early days. Just be glad they're letting you play this much! /Citizen

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Raskolnikov posted:

it's pre-alpha!

this is still early days. Just be glad they're letting you play this much! /Citizen

Indeed. It's kind of funny how this tiny little EA game manages to have a full game loop, including the foundation of a fairly complex action- and resource economy, multiple procgen planets, and all that, and it's still just on version 0 and available at a fair price for what it is.

These guys can't know anything about game development.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

ewe2 posted:

A couple of us goons were musing on the possible overlap of Citizen whales and Trump supporters yesterday. Today a whale tries to win the internet on the frontier thread with a Trump meme. QED.
That actually came from Mith, I just echo her ideas. I also think there's a ton of overlap between SC whales and r/incel too, though.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Tippis posted:

Indeed. It's kind of funny how this tiny little EA game manages to have a full game loop, including the foundation of a fairly complex action- and resource economy, multiple procgen planets, and all that, and it's still just on version 0 and available at a fair price for what it is.

These guys can't know anything about game development.
Clearly they are pure hacks. I can't even shoot anyone. What sad joke game is this?!?!

Why didn't I do this sooner? I was probably all into the spirit of the game. It only took me 19 hours to really want to start messing with it! Also gravity gets pretty funky near the center of the planet. :D

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Dec 19, 2016

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Did I get a shadowban on this drat forum too?

Couple of things--predicting CIG would do any dirty trick they could to milk their backers--not too hard. And wouldn't the predictor be the guy who's post wrecked replied too? :smuggo: But really the joke is more on the CIG employees--not so obvious if CIG is going to shutdown for two weeks over the holidays. What a crappy perk to loose if you work there.

HycoCam fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Dec 19, 2016

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

HycoCam posted:

And wouldn't the predictor be the guy who's post wrecked replied too? :smuggo: But really the joke is more on the CIG employees--not so obvious if CIG is going to shutdown for two weeks over the holidays. What a crappy perk to loose if you work there.

my apologies i am quite stoned

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

And Derek's blog in progress grew by three sizes that day

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

SlickReed is the shill who used the Trump meme.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Edit: date corrected

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Dec 19, 2016

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

You show this to a diehard fan, and they'll tell you the date at the lower right corner is from the future, and therefore invalid.

Nevermind any of the poo poo shown in front of you

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

:catstare:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

cool new Polack jokes posted:

And Derek's blog in progress grew by three sizes that day

Ya'll if that poo poo dont get stuck in your head then I dont know what went wrong with your childhood

you're as ugly as a cactus
you're as chaaarming as an eeel

MR GRRRRIIINCH

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

And I'm a 31 year old male human being and the part where the Grinch's heart grows three sizes literally makes me tear up every single time

I'm a big dumb babby

e:

why is this bunny blue, who made it blue

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:
I was right but dont need anything.
Spent 6 US on gmg mystery games and got Battlefield 1. Guess I get to find out what a real FPS is like and not SM.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Dark Off posted:

1. Sq42 trailer or and live reenactment (people did pretend to play 2.6 in the baby PU mode) .
2. 2.6 hits some unfortunate blockers and is postponed to next year.
3. chris roberts doesnt play star marine.
4. mocap behind the scene
5. lots of words. And some kind of race between austin and LA EU team.
The race also decides which studio will close down first. (still left to see EU won, so they should be safe from downsizing now)
6. camera screw up's or and stream delay's

heres how my predictions went

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Dec 19, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Fargin Icehole posted:

You show this to a diehard fan, and they'll tell you the date at the lower right corner is from the future, and therefore invalid.

Thanks for pointing out the error.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

ya whoa did ehp did eh whoa did ehm errrr bundump

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Fargin Icehole posted:

Are you referring to the action packed showdown atop Nakatomi plaza, featuring Bruce Willis and Alan Rickman?
The holiday blockbuster that tells a story of redemption for a man that faces terror and triumphs over evil?
America's greatest Christmas movie that spawned several sequels of true talent and storytelling???

I ain't workin tomorrow, imma risk it

e: look at these buns omg

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

YOU CAN'T STOP
THE HOP
CAN'T STOP THE HOP YOU CAN'T

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU