Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Tippis posted:

Indeed. It's kind of funny how this tiny little EA game manages to have a full game loop, including the foundation of a fairly complex action- and resource economy, multiple procgen planets, and all that, and it's still just on version 0 and available at a fair price for what it is.

These guys can't know anything about game development.

Also they are already testing a patch that should greatly reduce the resource drain of the tethers.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

I see what the game is going to be. More of what CR has released - broken, janky, garbage until the money runs out. Anything else is illogical.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Propagandist posted:

YOU CAN'T STOP
THE HOP
CAN'T STOP THE HOP YOU CAN'T

Great, now I have that tune in my ear the whole day, while imagining hopping buns.

Thinking about it: could be worse, so thanks I guess.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

orcinus posted:

Map your keys, ffs.
A HOTAS won't cure your lazyness, you'll still need to map the controls.

Also, playing ED with m+kb in VR is just fine, you seriously don't need a stick.
It just slows things down (while giving you a placebo ”i'm in control” feeling).

I did maped the major ones but kept getting caught out, so I will wait. And I like playing with my stick thank you.
I do have hopefully the SC refund on the way and can use that to spend on it. Have you tried DCS in the vive?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Do we have an astroneer thread on SA?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Thanks but give to someone else, I have pm's off due to a Norwegian ladyboy.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheAgent posted:

guy who created shootymouth drill sergeant pm me

hello, just buy yourself a nice jpeg from the holiday sale :)

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIpe289k3i0

:negative:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T9MOO5ontE

:ughh:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Big Benny is all they've got

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I was thinking "that's some pretty awesome thing the players built, in spite of the game not working" but then I remembered there's no way to have more than 1 of those vending machines on the map (until now), because there's only one on the station. No, this is a thing CIG had to do.

Obviously, this is the best sandbox game

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

starkebn posted:

Big Benny is all they've got

Oh wait, I get it now. Big Benny a joke about Ben being fat, isn't it?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Congratulations.

It's great, every time big benny's comes up someone's bulb lights up

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

If I remember correctly Zaqq is a EVE dude who recently quit making EVE videos.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Chalks posted:

Oh wait, I get it now. Big Benny a joke about Ben being fat, isn't it?
I don't think Ben's coworkers should be making light of his life threatening eating disorders tbh.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Then again, maybe it's their way of dealing with working alongside a racist paedophile who's technically unfireable because his head's wedged so far up the boss' arse you'd need a 40 gallon drum of lube and a hydraulic winch to get him back out again.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Ben should get himself a new RSI-compatible nickname. Like Gas Giant.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Holiday sale going strong

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
$28.5k baseline daily intake is still insane! whats the lowest its been on daily?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
It's actually hitting pretty low recently. I don't think we've seen under 30k in a very long time.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
Would the tracker be counting melting as transactions?
Because that's the only reason CIG could possible making that much money on a day.

This is legit crazy if people spend money on cig 24/7.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Snazzy Frocks posted:

$28.5k baseline daily intake is still insane! whats the lowest its been on daily?

lies and deception

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
2.6 HAND SIGNALS WHEN USING LASER RIFLE TURNS THEM INTO GANG SIGNS

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Use numpad to produce hand signals while holding the laser rifle.

ACTUAL RESULT
When using numpad for hand signals... You have normal hand signals with the regular pistol or rifle but with the laser rifle, you get funny glitched hand signals that look like gang signs.

EXPECTED RESULT
I expect to get normal hand signals. Although to be honest I love the gang signs. haha

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I'm pretty sure they're feeding in money from outside sources over time to keep the numbers looking good. Say if they got a million dollar loan they could trickle that into the funding tracker if they cared whether the tracker actually showed how much money they've actually scraped together since the beginning.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I just spent £12 on two PC games that are PS vita ports, and I know they will entertain me more in the first few moments than SC could ever manage in it's lifetime.

Good job saving PC gaming, crobbler. :bravo:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

starkebn posted:

I'm pretty sure they're feeding in money from outside sources over time to keep the numbers looking good. Say if they got a million dollar loan they could trickle that into the funding tracker if they cared whether the tracker actually showed how much money they've actually scraped together since the beginning.
Maybe Crobbers is redirecting his colossal salary back into the project and is actually working for $1 a year?

Hahaha, nope.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Croebbels

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

tooterfish posted:

Maybe Crobbers is redirecting his colossal salary back into the project and is actually working for $1 a year?

Hahaha, nope.

If ever there was a moment in time and space that I could go to, and deliver a swift dropkick of justice... Do I need to say more?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
EXPECTED RESULT
Worked properly
should not flicker between top and bottom
Consistent performance across all ships while in first person view.
Launcher crashes with stack trace:
SLI compatibility
I leave the ship and am in space
Just to point out that it lacks the decoration of the ammunition hall in Kareah.
No clipping of weapon into skid
Play for days strait till I need sleep without interruption
Controls be inside the elevator
not this
You should be able to get inside the ship and move around freely. You should not see anything outside of the ship unless you are looking through a window or in the cockpit. You should not clip outside of the ship at all.
Boost fuel should be full when ship is spawned
All Screens should work
Door should close when you take off
Exit to menu to return to menu, better yet, have a button on the screen to return to the menu
You wouldn't glitch through the doors and you would just be running into them like a moron.
Should see rockets firing from the ship.
I expect to see the hangar options drop down menu.
I should be able to see my character on load and ship to select.
Should be able to load the Hangar module or see your character or ships in Crusader.
To have a screen that shows scores and progress information.
Space Station Karea should always be there.
Door should be solid and not let you pass through
Use Icon should appear when you look at the ramp
I expect, to at least be relocated back into the ship, or die from lack of oxygen.
I should have been able to tab out to desktop to close client. or task manger should have been active on top of client so that i could close it.
This may be by design so you can chase them around the 'Moons of Nibia etc'. But it may be a bug.
Use should not have "use" appear.
Crash reports sent into CIG.
Launcher performs as intended and moves straight into the launcher menu.
Not having my right wing explode.
I would like to be able to use my characters full name 'Sir Quentin Reginald Watson Duke of Weddledingmoreshire on Sway' it would improve immersions over the abbreviated form.
Should jump normally.
avenger door to load in properly
be able to turn around freely inside ship
load into the universe go to spawn ship see all of the ships that you own available to spawn
The patcher should have downloaded the necessary files and installed the actual "Star Citizen Launcher" - the one that you have to log in to.
Expect to see only loadout options available from the Star Marine loadout customization window within Star Marine.
Select ship and play.
Play without Connection lost
Load into hanger.
"mechanism"
so see my ship
nothing should have changed and none of my items should be missing. on the rsi site, it still says i own these items so this must be an error of some kind
I would of played the game. Got my ship at the console. Not died at the airlock.
arena commander game play
load ships and hangar
Weapon should appear fully loaded or at least, allow you to install an ammo box or something.
Have the character turn along side with the seat when entering or exiting the
The hull of your ship will be repaired as well as the components.
A mostly smooth walk up the stairs
I can play this as all others can? Practice, earn money, do jobs fligh, stuff like that.
The game dont crash
I expect that the launcher should have taken me to the Star Citizen client window and started the most recent update. It wont even get to the client window though.
allow me to play the game
Center Hallway door should open.
Ship shoud stay stationary when leaving pilot seat, like the other ships do.
The interior of the Cutlass Black should be rendered even at a distance.
For the lighting to be even
Ocurrió tras la apertura del PTU 2.6 Probablemente, se solvente cuando se cierre el parche 2.5
To access game.
Substance matters.
Perfect door-vs-doorframe balance
Should work with significantly less bugs.
Game playable
To be able to see the bottom half of the menu
It should say "VICTORY"
I should have a character in the game so that I could play it. ---- PLEASE HELP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYnbcfFHeKk&t=5s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ4xZEsmFJE&t=2s

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

AP posted:

Sir Quentin Reginald Watson Duke of Weddledingmoreshire on Sway

Please don't doxx me tia :britain:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erppv1U-nD8

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
CIG is beyond hosed. They don't have a publisher but their schedule has been determined by the shows and cons and livestreams. They use these events to present nice videos and people throw money at them. They waste their resources with things like the pupil to planet movie while their game remains poo poo. But after so many years people kinda want a game. The live stream was a disaster because they have no game. Nobody would've cared about audio sync issues if they could've shown some interesting gameplay. Now they are a media company that fails at simple streams, and don't have anything else to show. Do they have enough money to produce something that can be used to further milk people or will they crash before that? 400 workers and many studios aren't very cheap to maintain.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

http://email-elitedangerous.com/3F35-D6IG-1135AYES8E/cr.aspx

Fascinating how evil Frontier and Satan himself David Braben see the xmas period so differently to CIG and noble benefactor of all Chris "give us all your money" Roberts. So selfish spending their time raising money for those in need when they could be raising money for their videogame that's been in production since 1066ad.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

A: There is no separation between 1st and 3rd perspective. If you can see it so can everyone else.
B: But it's not working. Last time i check it's just a placeholder texture.
A: Correct, that is to be expected. It would be ridiculously inefficient to do that.

:bang:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Risc1911 posted:

A: There is no separation between 1st and 3rd perspective. If you can see it so can everyone else.
B: But it's not working. Last time i check it's just a placeholder texture.
A: Correct, that is to be expected. It would be ridiculously inefficient to do that.

:bang:

To be fair it is inefficient and stupid, but they should totally do that and other "fidelity" features just so that terrible sluggish outcome will be all the more hilarious.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

TheAgent posted:

sent em a thing

Yay, I won something!

TheAgent posted:

they have no idea whats coming

yay, I won something?

Being as no one else will accept the generous gift I feel it my obligation to find out what it is. PM sent.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Something's wrong on the Frontier ED 24hr livestream. There's been no tech glitches yet, and the creator is successfully playing his game and is acting like he's seen the interface before today. These guys clearly don't know anything about livestream development.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Xaerael posted:

http://email-elitedangerous.com/3F35-D6IG-1135AYES8E/cr.aspx

Fascinating how evil Frontier and Satan himself David Braben see the xmas period so differently to CIG and noble benefactor of all Chris "give us all your money" Roberts. So selfish spending their time raising money for those in need when they could be raising money for their videogame that's been in production since 1066ad.

Their livestream has started, and Braben himself is on the controls - it's like he's familiar with the game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS33cyq6Z_A

David obviously knows nothing about playing-your-own-game development...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer