Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

do you stand outside funerals shrieking at the normies. Is that what you do all day long from dawn until dusk

what i do with my spare time has nothing to do with peoples concept of death. and it's none of your buisness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea like he said, bongo

Don't you dare talk about Krillin!

Man, the Xenoverse canned lines are earworms in the best and worst ways, sometimes.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Momomo posted:

Seeing Thousand Hands die like that was traumatizing enough to make Goku go Super Saiyan, so clearly death still has weight even when you can revive people.

Infinite Hands. Please don't underestimate the amount of hands he has.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Even in Dragon Ball where death has no meaning it still sucks when your dad dies.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Also the last time he died he chose to just... stay dead for like eight years, and while he probably won't try that again maybe it's best not to take the chance.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

tsob posted:

Why would a boy who grew up in isolation and who every time he experienced death had it reversed with no consequences fear death? Fear of death isn't instinctual, it's a socially learned reaction, mostly learned through the grief death of those around you causes but partly learned from the greater society, like media. Goten wouldn't have any of that, because every time death entered his life it was reversed and he isn't subject to society for most of his life, living in relative isolation with Chi Chi.

This is a viewpoint only you share. Take my advice:
Please stop doubling down.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The manga changed Black going SS Rose to just SS.

More proof the manga is inferior and stupid.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Can I get a sweet screen cap of that dead Goku?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

why is the manga adding filler

is it afraid of catching up to the anime?

what kind of backwards world is this

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
This episode was kinda dark.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Funky Valentine posted:

I mean, poo poo, they went to Namek specifically to get their cheat death button back and Goku still flipped the gently caress out when Krillin died for a second time.

If you take into account that upon getting revived, said cheat death button decided to IMMEDIATELY ask to get teleported in the way of imminent death again, you can see how Goku could be upset.

Like jesus christ, just lock Piccolo back in the Mafuba pot and toss him inside a vault.

Not to mention that Earth Dragon Balls couldn't revive someone for a 2nd time, and the Namek Elder had died of natural causes too. At that point in time Krillin was super dead till they exploited a loophole in Earth Dragon Balls

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 19, 2016

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

(wolf fang fist isn't any more of a callback than the kamehameha),

Comparing the Wolf Fang Fist to how ubiquitous kamehameha has become is hilarious

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RBX posted:

fun fact this is actually how it was supposed to be

toriyama wrote in his design notes that black would go super saiyan and then get rose later but for whatever reason they threw regular super saiyan black out

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

fun fact this is actually how it was supposed to be

toriyama wrote in his design notes that black would go super saiyan and then get rose later but for whatever reason they threw regular super saiyan black out

I imagine because it's not really easy to fit in. There's no clear place for Black to get a second upgrade pacing-wise.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
By the time he could use it, it was fusion time

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah doing both is unnecessary, hell it already drags a bit as it is.

Caros
May 14, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah doing both is unnecessary, hell it already drags a bit as it is.

It helps smooth the power curve a little. Makes it so black isn't capable of going toe to toe with Super Saiyans in his regular form.

ImpAtom posted:

I imagine because it's not really easy to fit in. There's no clear place for Black to get a second upgrade pacing-wise.

Honestly the Anime pacing for this part of the arc was kind of hot garbage, and I think the manga version is actually doing a more solid job keeping the relative strength of characters consistent, for whatever that is worth in dragonball. Vegeta fights Black with both of them in Super Saiyan on relatively even terms. Vegeta busts out SSB first and nearly kills the poor bastard. Black is healed up by Zamasu and (maybe) gets a Zenkai out of the bargain at which point he will go SSB to be able to compete with the top level form.

Honestly better than him fighting on par with Super Saiyan 2, getting randomly stronger for no reason to be able to fight on par with SSB in his base form, then Rose makes him stronger, but Vegeta gets stronger after going back to the present etc etc.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Yeah the fact that they took 3 trips back and forth to the future kind of shot the arc's pacing to hell. Dunno why they didn't have Goku actually pack some senzus and have a more extended brawl.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

The Bee posted:

Don't you dare talk about Krillin!

Man, the Xenoverse canned lines are earworms in the best and worst ways, sometimes.

THE BIG GETE STAR ENABLED ME TO CHEAT DEATH! HOW COULD THIS BE?!

I honestly love that this turned into a meme.

It's funny though, whenever I hear these lines I try to replace them with Tenkaichi 3 ones. To me that scene was always "You mean Krillin?!" or something like that over and over.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

RBX posted:

I'm not sure how he's supposed to do an "I'm SS but pink and fabulous" gag in a black and white medium.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

make this the background of ADTRW, thanks

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I feel certain the next super-boss Xeno2 will throw at us is Hit, because by the GODS he acts like it. Uto-dodge, massive damage hits, lag spike punches...

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
man I wish I'd never learned to fear death, stupid media

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.
If Gohan hadn't killed the Cell Juniors do you think they would have eventually grew up to become full fledged Cells? Would they have stayed blue or would the have become green over time? Would they have been able to have their own children, all named Cell the Third?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Flippinlikebirds posted:

If Gohan hadn't killed the Cell Juniors do you think they would have eventually grew up to become full fledged Cells? Would they have stayed blue or would the have become green over time? Would they have been able to have their own children, all named Cell the Third?
They have Goku DNA so they would have stayed short for 15 years until having a massive growth spurt and becoming the size of their father.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

He fought them like 3 loving times. Pacing was not that arcs strong suit

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Would a resurrected and turned good Perfect Cell not be the perfect person to add to the universe 7 team?

He would be able to go golden, ssb and kaioken.

Hit wouldn't stand a chance.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

notaspy posted:

Would a resurrected and turned good Perfect Cell not be the perfect person to add to the universe 7 team?

He would be able to go golden, ssb and kaioken.

Hit wouldn't stand a chance.

Hit's time stopping abilities don't give a poo poo about how powerful you are though. That and whatever he did to ghost himself so Goku couldn't hit him.

Also how could he go SSB without hair. :colbert:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Which afterlife does each Cell end up in?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

pik_d posted:

Hit's time stopping abilities don't give a poo poo about how powerful you are though. That and whatever he did to ghost himself so Goku couldn't hit him.

Also how could he go SSB without hair. :colbert:

Same way he went ssj1&2

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Turns out Hit actually had ZA WARUDO all along. Can't wait for Goku to spontaneously learn how to stop time.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Flippinlikebirds posted:

Well in Xeno 2 if you get Cell as your mentor, one of his missions has you fighting an Imperfect Cell that's explicitly one of Cell's children...

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

I just love that Actual loving Time Travel is Hit's kid gloves move

Here here, Lord DIO would be pissed

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
As excited as I am to see 18 potentially fight in the next arc, I'm trying to keep my expectations low.

I'm expecting an offscreen KO that motivates Krillian. Perhaps a Husband/Wife teamup smackdown?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
18 and Krillin fuse, beat some other universe's fighter down with their relationship. Eventually they sing a song about it?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Krillin is poo poo

I hope 18 reveals she's been training offscreen this whole time and just wrecks someone. She was awesome at wrecking Vegeta... more of that 18 please

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
17 absorbs 18 to become Super 17.

Gonna make family get togethers real awkward.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Zzulu posted:

Krillin is poo poo

:yikes:

Zzulu posted:

I hope 18 reveals she's been training offscreen this whole time and just wrecks someone. She was awesome at wrecking Vegeta... more of that 18 please

:yeah:

at least you made up for that dire error

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I want everybody's first fight to be really tense & dramatic until Krillin is the last to go and he just has to fight another smelly guy.

• Locked thread