Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

The liberals have been sending out signals that Jan Björklund is not comfortable with the current leadership of the other Alliance parties for the better part of the last year so there's that at least.

Lib would probably have deserted Alliansen after last election if it was worth it. They have a long history of being loyal to no one.
They are however not interested in working with V, so lacking other alternatives Alliansen stands.
The party leaders of Alliansen (inc Björklund) however made it clear that it is going to be a vote in Riksdagen after the election, where the current political scenario with a minority S+MP+V is not going to stand.
So regardless, the current ruling coalition is hosed and what we will have is completely up in the air given current polls.

Fake edit 1:
Pretend I am The_Fluff and linking Tinkzorg.
https://tinkzorg.wordpress.com/2016/12/08/en-vanlig-replik-till-kamrat-erik-rosen-del-1/
I completely agree with Kyeune here for the record.
One of Fredrik Johanssons comments last week in Svd or Fokus regarding the last 30 years of immigration debate was that the left is pretty uninteresting with regards to the immigration debate since they refuse to see a conflict between reality and theory, something Tinkzorg also points to.

Fake edit 2:
Along the lines of everything is well in Malmö.
http://www.sydsvenskan.se/2016-12-10/tre-poliser-istallet-for-trettio-utreder-senaste-mordet-i-malmo
Person got shot in Malmö, probably by mistake since no known connections to organized crime, but will probably be unsolved due to too few investigations due to too many murders in Malmö.
But that is just statistics and fear-mongering so just move along.
1/5 of all terror financiers are found in Malmö as judged by Skatteverket and SÄPO
http://www.sydsvenskan.se/2016-12-12/minst-tjugo-personer-i-malmoregionen-upptaxeras-efter-misstankar-om-terrorfinansiering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Sigh. Sometimes I wonder if we should just encourage everyone to vote for SD for a quicker end than this slow and painful death.

Maybe we should just give SD control over everything except immigration, open the borders completely and hand out Swedish citizenship to anyone who can manage to get into the country regardless of anything (Refugee? Congratulations you are now a swedish citizen. On vacation or a business trip? Congratulations you are now a swedish citizen. Just across the border from Norway to do shopping? Congratulations you are now a swedish citizen.), hand over all of our military stockpile to the new swedes so they can defend themselves from anything the wannabe-nazis would attempt to do and then just sit back and enjoy the fireworks. 100% av riskdagen, länsyrelser and kommunledningar and whatnot will be appointed by SD and the current ones can gently caress off to arbetsförnedringen or whatever. See how they like it.

Låt det regnar ner. :toot:

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
There is nothing in this world which is as good an indicator of someone being an insufferable imbecile, with total lack of empathy for anyone or anything but themselves, than their favorite booking being written by Ayn Rand. Not even having a sick vape rig, being way too much into craft beer or sunglasses inside, nothing.

Vvv - that's reasonable and good.

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 15, 2016

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I sometimes wear my sunglasses indoors, but that's mostly because constantly switching between them and my normal glasses is an obnoxious hassle.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Notable Swedish randians: Annie Lööf, Johan Norberg, Silvana Imam, [?]

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
the whole Reinfeldt "öppna era hjärtan" refugee speech thing was just an insidious randian plot to once and for all destroy swedish welfare.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

'Tis the season to be petty
Fa la la la la, la lafuck this earth:
http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/jul/sv-politikere-nektet-aa-synge-deilig-er-jorden/a/23875681/
http://www.vg.no/nyheter/meninger/sylvi-listhaug/her-gaar-sylvi-for-langt/a/23873724/

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

X57K5keWvh6YL1oM3ZW6
McrWKhxL9r9Xi6UybIQ5
Uimz2qfIpUU7dIzaJq14
rJAnaPgYvLVKlrv1IgiB
Bs0zwdBv21nrE0WWtiDo
VG3cXZ2HeXe9ytCT7M9a
T0VKg2l5lw6ZDwBtO77t
Q4B5lri5uqufqB5qjPTP
MwXIXwvo7z5kZFfoqbw0
CN2pzQECqt7AoziXU6JB

Plasmafountain fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 27, 2023

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Zero Gravitas posted:

How much booze can I get in the duty free on the way to Norway?

Can I wash the godawful taste of lutefisk out of my mouth with four litres of whiskey or am I stuck?

Maximum 1 liter of anything over 22% alcohol:http://www.toll.no/en/goods/alcohol-and-tobacco/quotas/

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I'm agnostic and I'd sing "Deilig er Jorden"

It's a really nice tune, imo

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

ThaumPenguin posted:

I was traumatized as a kid when my super religious teacher forced us to memorize that song and I had to stay after school to rehearse it with her.

Sparven om julmorgonen is my favourite anyway, there's nothing that reminds you of Christmas than thinking of your dead brother who has come to haunt you as a starving little bird which is why you should put out some seeds for the beautiful little dinosaurs.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Zero Gravitas posted:

How much booze can I get in the duty free on the way to Norway?

Can I wash the godawful taste of lutefisk out of my mouth with four litres of whiskey or am I stuck?

Dude. You need Aquavit for that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akvavit

And lots of it.

And also better lutefisk, because that is delicious.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lye fish has no taste per se.

e: Apparently it might be Finnish lye fish is milder in taste than dirty foreign lye fish because we use a different caustic :shrug:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Nenonen posted:

I was traumatized as a kid when my super religious teacher forced us to memorize that song and I had to stay after school to rehearse it with her.

Sparven om julmorgonen is my favourite anyway, there's nothing that reminds you of Christmas than thinking of your dead brother who has come to haunt you as a starving little bird which is why you should put out some seeds for the beautiful little dinosaurs.

My condolences. I had a similar experience with Last Christmas (I gave you my heart).

God, I cringed just writing the name.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

All the best Finnish Christmas songs are sad.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Jerry Cotton posted:

Lye fish has no taste per se.

e: Apparently it might be Finnish lye fish is milder in taste than dirty foreign lye fish because we use a different caustic :shrug:

It absolutely does, but the quality varies significantly with the type and quality of fish. I used to dislike it, until I tasted really high-quality (fresh-as-possible) lutfisk. It was tasty as all hell.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nice piece of fish posted:

fresh-as-possible lutfisk

If you eat it fresh why the gently caress not just eat fresh fish? The whole idea is it's a preserve.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Jerry Cotton posted:

If you eat it fresh why the gently caress not just eat fresh fish? The whole idea is it's a preserve.

As fresh as reasonable, which is to say not stored for very long. And not frozen.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

As fresh as reasonable, which is to say not stored for very long. And not frozen.

I guess they only freeze it because it's usually sold already rinsed/soaked nowadays. People would die by the thousands dozens otherwise.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

All the best Finnish Christmas songs are sad.

How very Finnish that the feeling of sadness is preferred to happiness.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zudgemud posted:

Listen to Christmas songs, have a good weep, listen to the "tömps, nirk, tunk tunk tunk" of the Koskenkorva bottle, have a good laugh.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Jerry Cotton posted:

I guess they only freeze it because it's usually sold already rinsed/soaked nowadays. People would die by the thousands dozens otherwise.

In Finland? They'd be lucky to kill even one of you.

Did I say happy? I'm sorry, I meant lucky.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Zudgemud posted:

The only cheerful song allowed in Finland during Christmas is 'Morsgrisar är vi allihopa' and even that is a Swedish drinking song.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
*the opening notes of Täällä Pohjantähden Alla drifts into the room as the first Christmas drink is poured in silence*

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Turns out the finns have their own version of Värmlandsvisan, which I'm going to assume is about either a big bear or alcohol.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Dreamin' of a white christmas:
https://www.nrk.no/ytring/lucia-_-missekonkurranse-for-smajenter-1.13283106

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

eightpole posted:

Turns out the finns have their own version of Värmlandsvisan, which I'm going to assume is about either a big bear or alcohol.

surprisingly it's about the superiority of the Finnish bitches compared to dirty wild-eyed foreigners

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Vesi posted:

surprisingly it's about the superiority of the Finnish bitches compared to dirty wild-eyed foreigners

The Finnish do have the best bitches.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

eightpole posted:

Lyrics aside Värmlandsvisan is hell of sad.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

President of Finland.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

throw to first drat IT posted:

President of Finland.

Who are the humans?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

Who are the humans?

Those are clearly lizard people :colbert:

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Vesi posted:

finland disappoints me yet again

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen, ignorer kommentarseksjonen

:getin:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Foretrekker egentlig den gamle norske sta lucia som veltet skorsteinen din fremfor det der snillsvenske tøyset vi holder på med om dagen

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

V. Illych L. posted:

Foretrekker egentlig den gamle norske sta lucia som veltet skorsteinen din fremfor det der snillsvenske tøyset vi holder på med om dagen

The mental imagery for this is hilarious.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Dude. You need Aquavit for that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akvavit

And lots of it.

And also better lutefisk, because that is delicious.

If you get Aquavit, get some Lysholm Linie. Good stuff.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

ThaumPenguin posted:

Argh I've just been triggered by the mention of this loving song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

In what could only be described as a bold move, Tybring-Gjedde argues that we should bring back social-darwinism (only in poor countries of course)http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/norsk-politikk/kraftige-reaksjoner-paa-tybring-gjedde-utspill/a/23881239/