Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

AriadneThread posted:

The creation myth promulgated in the city of Can Town focused on the nature of the universe before the creation of the world. The inherent qualities of the primeval waters were represented by a set of eight gods, called the Kids. The god John and his female counterpart Jane represented the inert primeval water itself; Jake and his counterpart Jade represented the water's infinite extent; Dave and Dirk personified the darkness present within it; and Rose and Roxy represented its hidden and unknowable nature, in contrast to the tangible world of the living. The primeval waters were themselves part of the creation process, therefore, the deities representing them could be seen as creator gods.[10] According to the myth, the eight gods were originally divided into male and female groups.[11] They were symbolically depicted as aquatic creatures because they dwelt within the water: the males were represented as frogs, and the females were represented as snakes.[12] These two groups eventually converged, resulting in a great upheaval, which produced the pyramidal mound. From it emerged the sun, which rose into the sky to light the world.[13]

I need those footnotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
all women being snakes is some scathing commentary

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

AriadneThread posted:

The creation myth promulgated in the city of Can Town focused on the nature of the universe before the creation of the world. The inherent qualities of the primeval waters were represented by a set of eight gods, called the Kids. The god John and his female counterpart Jane represented the inert primeval water itself; Jake and his counterpart Jade represented the water's infinite extent; Dave and Dirk personified the darkness present within it; and Rose and Roxy represented its hidden and unknowable nature, in contrast to the tangible world of the living. The primeval waters were themselves part of the creation process, therefore, the deities representing them could be seen as creator gods.[10] According to the myth, the eight gods were originally divided into male and female groups.[11] They were symbolically depicted as aquatic creatures because they dwelt within the water: the males were represented as frogs, and the females were represented as snakes.[12] These two groups eventually converged, resulting in a great upheaval, which produced the pyramidal mound. From it emerged the sun, which rose into the sky to light the world.[13]

Andrew Hussie posted:

I am a consummate liar.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Homestuck sucks and is bad lol

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

homestuck has lots of good things, like vriskatime or how awesome it was to liveread eridan getting chainsawed in half

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Homestuck is good and I like it, actually.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Cat Mattress posted:

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

Homestuck is good and I like it, actually.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
GOOD THINGS ABOUT HOMESTUCK:

1: Nepeta
2: Vriska
3: The yin-yang balance of Vriskat and Katnep, both of which are excellent ships

BAD THINGS ABOUT HOMESTUCK

1: The last couple acts
2: What the hell was up with Davekat

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

the christmas update where karkat and dave kiss under mistletoe is going to break poor FF

i am already resigned to it

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

the christmas update where karkat and dave kiss under mistletoe is going to break poor FF

i am already resigned to it

if that happens then i WILL create not one, but TWO special edition updates of futastucks, one for katnep and one for vriskat. fight the future.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Cat Mattress posted:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

jalapeno_dude posted:

I need those footnotes

Agree.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

jalapeno_dude posted:

I need those footnotes

okay

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Homestuck was cool and interesting but got swept up under the weight of it's own momentum, moving from quirky Interesting tricks and payoffs into a more grand but less interesting (because of it) finish that somewhat lacked the cool characters that we started with.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Homestuck's great and it would probably have been better if Hussie hadn't had his kickstarter money stolen after he moved.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Homestuck was okay I guess, except when it wasn't. Like a microwaved burrito that's warm in some parts, but cold in others. I still ate that burrito though, not sure if that's says more about me or the burrito but that's what happened.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Freak Futanari posted:

GOOD THINGS ABOUT HOMESTUCK:

1: Nepeta
2: Vriska
3: The yin-yang balance of Vriskat and Katnep, both of which are excellent ships

BAD THINGS ABOUT HOMESTUCK

1: The last couple acts
2: What the hell was up with Davekat

Yeah but "don't put me on speakercrab", that was gold.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Cabbit posted:

Yeah but "don't put me on speakercrab", that was gold.

I will concede that that was indeed a very good moment.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

freak futa sent me their fave fanart in pm, its p good

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Rose is looking good :pervert:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

wait, rose? i thought that was dirk, poo poo

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

freak futa sent me their fave fanart in pm, its p good

you can tell that this is yet another instance of clawtopsy trying to smear my reputation, because there are NO nepetas in that picture... get real bro.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

you can tell that this is yet another instance of clawtopsy trying to smear my reputation, because there are NO nepetas in that picture... get real bro.

????????

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
well that was just uncalled for.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Yeah, gender is Not A Thing in gelasticat's art

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Not gonna lie: I kinda wish I was this buff.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its time to get

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppeeeeedddd

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Plom Bar posted:

Yeah, gender is Not A Thing in gelasticat's art

That doesn't explain what's wrong with all of their faces

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Daius posted:

That doesn't explain what's wrong with all of their faces

They're...cartoonish?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Via Homestuck Official

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuqKzBxAnE8

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

the sounds of a dial-up modem???

Freak Futanari posted:

well that was just uncalled for.

shhhhhhhh,
btw i thought the middle one in the first pic was nepeta, the resemblance is striking

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

so...what happened to that big update? Was it another Actually Less Interesting Than Advertised instagram thing or did it just never materialize?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

rum sodomy Rainbow Dash posted:

so...what happened to that big update? Was it another Actually Less Interesting Than Advertised instagram thing or did it just never materialize?

Never happened. Not sure one was ever even promised, was that just a rumour?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Cohen tweeted "pretty good stuff next week" a while back, folks assumed meant BIG TIME SNAPDATES, turned out to be Hiveswap going on Greenlight and releasing a music

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Plom Bar posted:

Cohen tweeted "pretty good stuff next week" a while back, folks assumed meant BIG TIME SNAPDATES, turned out to be Hiveswap going on Greenlight and releasing a music

i mean, i think that's a pretty good trade.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Cohen says the Snapchats are today.
http://twitter.com/skullmandible/status/812151235344236544

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Oh poo poo everything's coming together

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Homestuck is bad BTW here are the snapchats

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Here's the fourth

Jane is presently where the moon is about to be blown up, but others are converging on that location and it is a Very Big Mystery what's going to happen next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

There's just something missing from this

It doesn't feel like Homestuck