Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Those latter two groups are losers so I wouldn't be particularly proud of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Kim Jong Il posted:

Nope, we're a huge destination for immigrants, and young people who want to get out of whatever shithole they're from and can't afford New York, or 30+ New Yorkers who want to settle down.

Young New Jerseyians and immigrants. Holy loving god drat, it's incredible that rugers isn't pulling in top 5 classes on the reg

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Noctone posted:

Those latter two groups are losers so I wouldn't be particularly proud of them.

And the first group isn't going to pay of for along time especially if the natives are hostile which they will be.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I feel bad for all those immigrants, chasing the American dream and having New Jersey as their rude awakening.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Literally never heard anyone until now describe NJ as a destination location they want to live in. Learn new things every day

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

vikingstrike posted:

Literally never heard anyone until now describe NJ as a destination location they want to live in. Learn new things every day

It's literally most famous for songs about trying to leave it.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Noctone posted:

I feel bad for all those immigrants, chasing the American dream and having New Jersey as their rude awakening.

This is how they're treated
https://youtu.be/LN4hPzZxTqg

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
New Jersey rips the bones from your back, it's a death trap, it's a suicide rap.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
It's awesome and I'm thrilled that you guys are staying where you are instead of driving up our skyrocketing rents even further.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

stop loving defending this state kji you loving moron

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

If you've ever thought "I want to find a place that combines with rundown shittiness of the Rust Belt with the expenses of the urban Northeast, married to New York elitism," then New Jersey might be the place for you!

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
We're all thrilled too. Believe us.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Sash! posted:

If you've ever thought "I want to find a place that combines with rundown shittiness of the Rust Belt with the expenses of the urban Northeast, married to New York elitism," then New Jersey might be the place for you!

To be fair, South Jersey has none of this. It has something else entirely, and it's even worse.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
New Jersey is full of assholes that make my commute mildly annoying because of all the idiots that live there but work here. Also pumping gas is illegal and so are left hand turns. gently caress that state.

Sincerely,
Delaware

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
What timing!

quote:

Rutgers: Former Minnesota head coach Jerry Kill is expected to be named Rutgers offensive coordinator, according to 247Sports and NJ.com, which describes it as “imminent, but pending finalization of details.” The 55-year-old Kill stepped down at Minnesota last fall due to health issues and has since been an associate athletic director at Kansas State. More coming on CoachingSearch.com.

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

Didn't know Kill was in Manhattan, but I'm in no way surprised.

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 19, 2016

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Shaking things up a bit

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

That Works posted:

Shaking things up a bit

Seizing the moment.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

LeeMajors posted:

Seizing the moment.

:golfclap:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jesus they're gonna kill him.

Also he was a totally fine HC but dude has not been a OC at any level since 1993. He likes to do a lot of read option if he has the QB for it which I guess fits what they have left at QB and what ash wants to do but that is a random rear end hire

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Sash! posted:

You know it's actually a gigantic upscale suburb for the most part like the rest of the northeast?

Kill is a lovely hire and I am really upset right now.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Notre Dame are going to interview Al Borges for their OC spot lol

much worse than Kill

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Kim Jong Il posted:

Soooooooooo, Fire Jerry Kill?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Real Name Grover posted:

What timing!

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

Didn't know Kill was in Manhattan, but I'm in no way surprised.

Jesus Christ he's only 55???

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
God drat it I came in here for the singular purpose of posting some poo poo like "Jerry Kill's going to shake up the Rutgers offense" and you beautiful people beat me to it

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Kim Jong Il posted:

Dude don't have a seizure

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Remember when Rutgers hired Ralph Friedgen for one year and they were at least reasonably competent on offense? This isn't like that.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Would anyone like to buy firejerrykill.com?

Used once.

SeaborneClink fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Dec 19, 2016

fussydutchman1
Mar 25, 2016

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Notre Dame are going to interview Al Borges for their OC spot lol

much worse than Kill

God I hope not. The only comfort is that this offense will be all Kelly, in all likelihood. He'd probably just be a position coach with a nice title.

At least Elko seems like a good coach.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Kim Jong Il posted:

Why? It sounds like the enemies of Rutgers athletics are trembling in fear right now.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

SeaborneClink posted:

Would anyone like to buy firejerrykill.com?

Used once.

Does it come with the Texas A&M content? Say what you want about Gendo, but the dude could roast Aggies harder than a bonfire of their own design.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Kim Jong Il posted:

You know it's actually a gigantic upscale suburb for the most part like the rest of the northeast?

Is there some other New Jersey because the only one I've ever seen is the lovely one that's got Newark, Jersey City, and Trenton.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Don't forget Atlantic City! The classiest, gambling-legalest city in New Jersey!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Hey everyone I heard some Syrians were trying desperately to get out of Aleppo and go somewhere, anywhere, but when they heard that they could go to New Jersey they said "No thanks, we'd rather just tough it out here."

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Kim Jong Il posted:

It's awesome and I'm thrilled that you guys are staying where you are instead of driving up our skyrocketing rents even further.

I'm staying in Manhattan and if you could keep your people from flocking here on the weekends that would be fantastic. I don't block the door to your house when it rains, get the gently caress out of my way

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Just checking in to say that I stayed in New Jersey for a few days while visiting Manhattan earlier this year. I can confirm that It was a terrible state full of terrible people. I was originally planning to stay in Jersey for my entire trip, but after a few days I couldn't take it any longer and decided to book a hotel in Manhattan for the remainder of my vacation

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Dec 19, 2016

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

swickles posted:

Don't forget Atlantic City! The classiest, gambling-legalest city in New Jersey!

Fun Fact: For the longest time (up until like a year ago), I used to think that "Atlantic City" was some sort of nickname for Atlanta, Georgia.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

DrunkPanda posted:

Just checking in to say that I stayed in New Jersey for a few days while visiting Manhattan earlier this year. I can confirm that It was a terrible state full of terrible people. I was originally planning to stay in Jersey for my entire trip, but after a few days I couldn't take it any longer and decided to book a hotel in Manhattan for the remainder of my vacation

When you went I'm sure you were overwhelmed by how lovely Boulder was in comparison too. :( Too bad the Rockies just don't compare to an east coast leaky diaper of a metro area. Your loss my friend.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

DrunkPanda posted:

Fun Fact: For the longest time (up until like a year ago), I used to think that "Atlantic City" was some sort of nickname for Atlanta, Georgia.

You're thinking of the lost city of Atlanta

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Princeton is pretty nice though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
New Jersey is like the arm pit of America and going to school at WVU with roughly 4k Rutgers rejects has made me loving hate the state with a burning passion. Moving to the Big Ten was prolly a good move for all the money, but Rutgers pretty much doomed themselves to never being able to win more than 7/8 games ever.

• Locked thread