Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Nuebot posted:

Give Nox a try, it runs pretty well for me.

I'm going to second this. I was Memu-img for a while after NOx broke but now their new version is all crash-y while the new version of Nox runs really well. I can even keep it minimized and it will keep going, no problem.

Vax likes the older version of Menu but I couldn't get the newer macros to run correctly on it without fiddling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

PaybackJack posted:

I'm going to second this. I was Memu-img for a while after NOx broke but now their new version is all crash-y while the new version of Nox runs really well. I can even keep it minimized and it will keep going, no problem.

Vax likes the older version of Menu but I couldn't get the newer macros to run correctly on it without fiddling.

Using Memu 2.8.6 for weeks with all the new macros and stuff. No problems at all. Ran the new Enchanted Maze macro flawlessly over the weekend.

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013

Vax posted:

No. Never.

The fact to get a 5* base on your rerolling attempts IS the reason to reroll. You basically hit the jackpot and want to throw it away. Statistically you need 70000 - 90000 Lapis to get 1x Noctis. Think about it.

Thank you for that, I will just continue the game with this

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009

ZodiakLucien posted:

Thank you for that, I will just continue the game with this

Unless you are one of the lucky few (we have a few in this thread) you will never get another rainbow five star base so enjoy prince spiky hair attitude. I got an Elza when I started (the five star base the week I joined) and have not gotten another one since. Granted it has only been a few months for me but I don't expect to ever get another one. There are a lot of people who have never even gotten one in much longer periods of time, and even paying a poo poo load of money might not even get you any so prepare yourself. Granted, I am still playing because it is a fun game and there are still lots of other good characters but (correct me if I'm wrong) no melee characters can ever be as good as one of the rainbows like you got and they are really hard to get.

E: another Charlotte from my daily pull. That is 10 Charlottes (ah ah ah).

insideoutside fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Dec 19, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

today was exdeath number six, and i know i do not need exdeath number six so congratulations whatever exdeaths tm is, you just got 5%

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Bediled :(

And ugh, I got today's Burst Pot and it's barely enough to get Exdeath from LB8 to LB9 and a half.

Also I took a look at the update schedule, and man we are hopelessly, terribly behind even at the rate we're going. Other games I'm playing actually managed to catch up due to a shorter launch delay but we basically have a 9 month gap at this point that I dislike.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
We're getting global exclusive 6* upgrades for Medius and Cerius.

Well that was unexpected. Our first actual Support 6* at that, so hopefully they expand her skillset.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Dec 19, 2016

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

AegisP posted:

We're getting global exclusive 6* upgrades for Medius and Cerius.

Well that was unexpected. Our first actual Support 6* at that, so hopefully they expand her skillset.

You can't just post things like that without also posting links, man.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You can't just post things like that without also posting links, man.

In-game message, I think.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Got :Refiad:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

In-game message, I think.

Yea. We won't know their abilities until the early maintenance tomorow night. Cerius getting Green Magic dualcast would be fitting if they did that, but I'm hoping for more typical support abilities like status/debuff/stop resistance buffs or an autorevive (which we lack a targeted version of so far). I guess they could expand on her elemental resistance theme, but man, she already is the only person with Bar-ga spells. What are you going to do, give her an AOE 100% to all elements resist for 1 turn?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Super MP expensive 1 turn damage null seems like it's to be expected honestly.

I'm more interested in Medius, because how the hell do you salvage a fragile gunner that actively attracts attacks to himself? You don't.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Probably give him Last Stand at the very least. Maybe some kinda dumb gimmick where he deals more damage the lower health he's at.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I hope Medius sucks at 6*, I actually sold mine for space when I got him to max mastery.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

ApplesandOranges posted:

Probably give him Last Stand at the very least. Maybe some kinda dumb gimmick where he deals more damage the lower health he's at.

Time to stack him with +HP items and make him a pseudo tank.

I got nothing else to grind right now so I'll use the maze to max him out right now. I doubt he will top the charts in damage though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Let's hope Gumi patches in something broken like when we got Black cat Lid and her Hex Strike.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Cartoon Man posted:

Let's hope Gumi patches in something broken like when we got Black cat Lid and her Hex Strike.

Are you Cerius 10MP AoE Hex-Strike go!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Video of the update
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8XR3hRZiN4

Skip to around 11 minutes in.

Ok so White Knight Noel (AKA Magitek Reindeer) has a Mag+50 TMR. What the heck.
http://i.imgur.com/hwgfitz.jpg
Ah yes, the Trust "Muster" mechanic. Too bad he's a 5* no one will get.

Next is Santa Roselia, who has cure counters. Can't buff or revive though.
http://i.imgur.com/Sg5cg79.jpg

Cerius gets Dualcast, autorefresh and darkness resistance moves.
Medius gets buffs/debuffs, Blazing Glory(partial unmitigated damage move), and a gun from the new christmas event.

Christmas event? Yep, we get our first global raid event. You use the following gear which is extra effective against the boss
http://i.imgur.com/0VDRHXw.png
Also we get to kill Frosty the snowman over and over again.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Reindeer tank has a TM that does MAG +50 and DEF +50. Wish that was a percentage instead of just standard points, but it's still good. Other than that, he's probably not that much better than Cecil, maybe? Guess we'll find out. Still, I don't think he's worth whaling for.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I already have both Cerius and Medius, so... yay me?

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

Cartoon Man posted:

Reindeer tank has a TM that does MAG +50 and DEF +50. Wish that was a percentage instead of just standard points, but it's still good. Other than that, he's probably not that much better than Cecil, maybe? Guess we'll find out. Still, I don't think he's worth whaling for.

It being base magic is arguably better in the long run. Its already better on exdeath with L&A. Its an insane mage TMR.

gently caress this banner. I will not even daily pull. Cerius is super niche and green mage sucks because with a little bit of research you can just give Cecil the appropriate Bar- spell and dualcast it. If he is any good at all it will be for very few things. Medius is going to be crap. You cant salvage that. They both exist to eat your pulls.

I am pretty excited about the christmas raid though.

Hardbody fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Dec 19, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I like how they didn't even bother explaining Medius 6*.

Or maybe they did and I didn't bother sticking around that long.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
How do these raids work? Confusing.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Hardbody posted:

It being base magic is arguably better in the long run. Its already better on exdeath with L&A. Its an insane mage TMR.

gently caress this banner. I will not even daily pull. Cerius is super niche and green mage sucks because with a little bit of research you can just give Cecil the appropriate Bar- spell and dualcast it. If he is any good at all it will be for very few things. Medius is going to be crap. You cant salvage that. They both exist to eat your pulls.

I am pretty excited about the christmas raid though.

it's not base Magic, it's just Equipment Bonus magic, it doesn't get multiplied by % bonuses.

That said, a fully potted Exdeath gets 51 magic off Vanille's 30% Accessory. So this is pretty much better than the best in slot for mages. Enjoy. :(

e: The only time a stat from equipment is multiplied is Doublehand, which multiples any flat Attack bonus (does not multiply % bonuses)

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Dec 19, 2016

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

Here's audio from a typical raid.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvIYRrgZ04

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Classic.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Mrit SA posted:

What is your processor? If it has a virtualization mode it helps quite a bit to have it on.

I apparently have a very lousy processor (I'm woefully ignorant about computer stuff), system info says it's Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3050 @ 1.60 Ghz, 1600 Mhz, 2 Cores, 2 Logical Processors

I guess I'll give Nox a try though.

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.
I heard something about Nox calling china every so often?

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Vexrm posted:

Memu does too so far as I can tell.

HateCrimeDoxNet
Dec 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
CRAZY GARBAGE

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 19, 2016

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Nobody gives a poo poo unless you pulled a Bedile or something buddy

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

My half pull today was Cerius, I guess it's a sign to get the 6* form and use it.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Twelve by Pies posted:

I apparently have a very lousy processor (I'm woefully ignorant about computer stuff), system info says it's Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3050 @ 1.60 Ghz, 1600 Mhz, 2 Cores, 2 Logical Processors

I guess I'll give Nox a try though.

See, I'm in the same boat as far as processors go. Except I've gone into BIOS and turned on hardware virtualization as far as I can tell, yet MEMU, NOX, and the leomoon cpu utility I downloaded all say it isn't enabled. I've spent so much time trying to figure out what's wrong, none of the solutions I've googled work for me. I've just resigned myself to trust moogles and manual grinding until I can get a better PC.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

MrLonghair posted:

quote:

You need raid orbs (and 1 stamina) to enter. They refill separately from your stamina and arena/colosseum orbs and max out at five.

The boss you fight has its own health bar, but it also has a global health bar. Your rewards are based on how much damage you deal to your boss (maxing out at its maximum HP) and you get your points/10 in currency (rounded down). Each time the boss is killed globally, it levels up and grants additional point and currency bonuses. The stats don't change. If the boss isn't killed within 24 hours, it levels down again. There's not much benefit to overkilling the boss other than removing HP from its global HP bar (and impressing your friends who are raiding at the same time).

Then you use the currency to break your fingers pulling at the event banner. Or you bot it.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Vexrm posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4trpp9/attention_nox_app_player_users/

Just block these ranges.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Patience has finally been rewarded and I got my Cecil to level 20 LB, and then awakened him to 6* and cranked him up to level 100. :getin:

I know that ExDeath has a scaleable LB that inflicts status debuffs, but am I wrong in thinking that the battles where those effects would land are also battles that aren't very tough to begin with anyways? The majority of the PRO/ELT bosses and Trial bosses are immune to pretty much everything useful, yea?

After Cecil and ExDeath, who's the next 3* base that most people aim to LB-level?

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Where is the best place to farm for materials for hero rings?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The second island: Wolfsfang Peak and Zadehl Wasteland explorations were the best a while back. I'm not sure if that's changed with the newer islands but both can drop the Fire/Ice Megacrysts from the collection points. Wolfsfang Peak is big and the collection points are spread out though. Bring a Charm Bangle and Diablos if you got the Reduce Encounters ability on 'em.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Fisting Tent posted:

Where is the best place to farm for materials for hero rings?

https://exviuswiki.com/Best_places_to_farm

Personally, I do Maranda Coast/Dwarf Forge for the good unit xp and a decent drop rate (take a strong friend, auto your way through. requires a tiny bit of babysitting)

If you JUST want the cryst, I'd go for Westersands or Aquatic Cove.

I've heard good things about Lake Dorr recently, as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Go RV! posted:

https://exviuswiki.com/Best_places_to_farm

Personally, I do Maranda Coast/Dwarf Forge for the good unit xp and a decent drop rate (take a strong friend, auto your way through. requires a tiny bit of babysitting)

If you JUST want the cryst, I'd go for Westersands or Aquatic Cove.

I've heard good things about Lake Dorr recently, as well.

Thanks!

• Locked thread