Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

A #WokeBrand for the Trump era

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

that would be funny, with how frustrated they are that they can't get anyone famous to play the inauguration, but meh

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Jesus this person is basically this article from the Onion.

http://www.theonion.com/article/dnc-aiming-reconnect-working-class-americans-new-h-54707

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Atrocious Joe posted:

Louis Vuitton Brand Police Riot Shields, only available from the Sharper Image

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
gucci gucci louis louis fendi fendi prada
protestors want human rights but I don't even bother

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

crazy cloud posted:

gucci gucci louis louis fendi fendi prada
protestors want human rights but I don't even bother

Hahaha I hate that song but I love this

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
one big room
full of bad hombres

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Atrocious Joe posted:

So this isn't actually an Onion article. :suicide:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Those Tiffany barricades are because the secret service guarding Trump tower blocks their entrance, and those form a passage so folks can get in the store.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

devtesla posted:

Those Tiffany barricades are because the secret service guarding Trump tower blocks their entrance, and those form a passage so folks can get in the store.

It's the first baby step towards chain stores having their own paramilitaries to ensure the best shopping experience possible for consumers who duck inside for shelter against the riots outside

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

It's the first baby step towards chain stores having their own paramilitaries to ensure the best shopping experience possible for consumers who duck inside for shelter against the riots outside

So does that mean black fridays will actually be safer or will there be far more indiscriminate killings?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MizPiz posted:

So does that mean black fridays will actually be safer or will there be far more indiscriminate killings?

trick question, no way President Trump allows anything called 'black friday' to keep going under his watch.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

mall cops have been around just about forever though

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Prav posted:

mall cops have been around just about forever though

Wait till they militarize

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Louis Vuitton Brand Police Riot Shields, only available from the Sharper Image

literal fashion police

just putting the fash in fascism

take a backseat hugo boss

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

https://www.facebook.com/events/738371469644894/?ti=icl

I can't wait!

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I wonder what brand is going to adorn the fire hoses.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

ScrubLeague posted:

I wonder what brand is going to adorn the fire hoses.

Trump ice

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Today in our failed media experiment: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/12/19/public-editor/brooklyn-nets-liz-spayd-public-editor-ethics.html

You see, we were justified in totally ignoring our ethics policy to accept $6,100 in gifts in exchange for an extended advertisement for the local poo poo basketball team, because otherwise we would've never spent that kind of money to cover the local poo poo basketball team. But don't worry we were really snarky and woke in the ad copy we wrote and published for them.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/MattMcGorry/status/708401356667682817?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Guessing he was one of the 20 guys who couldn't gang-up on 5.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Who's he

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kraps posted:

Who's he

The Woke Bae <---- click link this is a masterpiece

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

devtesla posted:

The Woke Bae <---- click link this is a masterpiece

what the gently caress was that poo poo. why is it cool for men to be giant crying uber senstive pussys who never stand up for themselves and geld themselves on command and jerking off to steven universe. there is a middle ground between toxic masculinty like trump and rape culture and loving sad brains like this.

what a jackoff.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I had actually posted that as a response when a friend posted this.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what the gently caress was that poo poo. why is it cool for men to be giant crying uber senstive pussys who never stand up for themselves and geld themselves on command and jerking off to steven universe. there is a middle ground between toxic masculinty like trump and rape culture and loving sad brains like this.

lol what the gently caress does steven universe have to do with anything?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

devtesla posted:

lol what the gently caress does steven universe have to do with anything?

Seriously, Steven isn't anything like those little bitches. :colbert:

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

MizPiz posted:

Seriously, Steven isn't anything like those little bitches. :colbert:

I don't care what you have to say about woke liberals, but please leave Steven Universe out of it!

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

stop watching childrens cartoons

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

unless they're japanese of course

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I watch Japanese cartoons for adults

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

mrmcd posted:

Today in our failed media experiment: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/12/19/public-editor/brooklyn-nets-liz-spayd-public-editor-ethics.html

You see, we were justified in totally ignoring our ethics policy to accept $6,100 in gifts in exchange for an extended advertisement for the local poo poo basketball team, because otherwise we would've never spent that kind of money to cover the local poo poo basketball team. But don't worry we were really snarky and woke in the ad copy we wrote and published for them.

quote:

Corbett said the editors took care to be upfront in telling readers that the Nets offered the exclusive package at no cost in order to get publicity. (Indeed, the story did make that clear near the top of the piece.)

IMO, disclosure goes a long way in righting ethical wrongs, especially in journalism. Though I could see it argued either way.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Digiday/status/810925773188120576

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Tomahawk posted:

I don't care what you have to say about woke liberals, but please leave Steven Universe out of it!

Hey, I'll fight you. Then I'll make a post in D&D about how a savage Trump supporter mauled me as two cops laugh at me while putting on klan hoods.

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

the best part of the 2016 elections is that the vast majority of americans under 30 (just like the vast majority of goons) can't communicate their thoughts or feelings without using pop-culture as a reference point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

trump is just like a) voldemort or b) hitler because those are the only two bad guys i learned about in my 12 years of american education.