Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Soo..any word about what is happening to Rox's slot in LCK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the new ROX lineup? yea i read about it awhile ago

top: Save
jungle: DanDy
mid: Rookie
adc: imp
support: piccaboo

edit: the actual only rumor i've heard sounds like wishful thinking which is that they're going to sign Rush, i wonder if they're going to have any real players at all

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Mickey on OG sounds hilarious I hope it is true.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

rabidsquid posted:

i think it was dade instead of rookie but yeah this sounds about right

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Is Save any good? He's been in prison for like 3 years.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
https://twitter.com/jacobnwolf/status/810898605640925184

gonna kms

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

archduke.iago posted:

i think it was dade instead of rookie but yeah this sounds about right
it was a shitpost, imp and rookie are staying in china.

Vitality always has the best players but the worst roster. But hey GBM knows how to steal baron without smite already maybe he'll become the new prince of thieves

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 19, 2016

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
gbm..

stump collector
May 28, 2007
no.........

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
I can't believe GBM is loving dead

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

i have to ask what language it is that you think doinb speaks

I meant Coco would be better than Cool because he speaks Korean and him/swift played together in previous teams.

I just wish him and Doinb didn't have that big drama they were so fun to watch.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Max Coveri posted:

The flame that burns twice as bright lives half as long. Or something, I guess.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

edit: the actual only rumor i've heard sounds like wishful thinking which is that they're going to sign Rush, i wonder if they're going to have any real players at all

This roster would be so good but I don't know how they could afford all those players. Imp/Rookie are probably staying in China but the other 3 is possible since they don't have teams.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Max Coveri posted:

the gbm is dead long live the gbgbm

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ulio posted:

This roster would be so good but I don't know how they could afford all those players. Imp/Rookie are probably staying in China but the other 3 is possible since they don't have teams.
They can't because squid is shitposting. The only rumored roster was a couple rookies and challenger players because they didn't get a big sponsor

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Was watching the EU open qualifiers for challenger and man there was a really fun game between ESG/Fnatic Academy so many throws. 2 baron steals, Kikis bought like every item in the game imaginable and then sold it. It all ended with a Varus backdooring. Really sloopy game it was 70mins but it was a fun watch. Some good young talented eu players like Niqsy/Magifelix/Broxah in this game. Wickd streamed it so it should be in his vods. Really fun match and good young eu players if you follow euw scene.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Ulio posted:

Some good young talented eu players like Niqsy

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Did you know "Broxah" (minus the H) is Brazilian slang for "limp-dick"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

Is Save any good? He's been in prison for like 3 years.

probably not. the scenario where he is good is one where ig decide they don't want a good player playing for them and also don't want the money from selling his contract. does not strike me as very likely.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Imo he looked much better than MagiFelix. First 2 games ended up being massive throws at baron by Fnatic Academy and 3rd game was probably one of the worst drafts I've seen. Shen/Jinx/Azir probably the worst early game ever so he didn't get to do much. Both mids have good potential imo. Magifelix was pretty good in EU CS last year but kinda dissapointing on Orianna today other than very few good ults. It's fun to watch challenger EU mids most of them have good laning/mechanics.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

btw get fuckin hype because the ADC that QG just signed is Loken oh hell yeah baby!!!

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

btw get fuckin hype because the ADC that QG just signed is Loken oh hell yeah baby!!!

rabid who is zet (EDG ADC)

e: also maybe I'm wrong but I feel like Newbee could be pretty decent.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Zet is apparently the former KR mid Cry although I don't remember much about him playing.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Zet is apparently the former KR mid Cry although I don't remember much about him playing.

ohhhh right, it's cry. I totally forgot he switched to ADC and went to EDG.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
og is apparently

Satorius
Wisdom
Mickey
Tabbz
Hiva

one of the most terminal cases of elo hell i've seen

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

og is apparently

Satorius
Wisdom
Mickey
Tabbz
Hiva

one of the most terminal cases of elo hell i've seen

What a weird rear end roster.

Mickey is super good, tabbz is fine, i have no opinion on the others tbh.

e: the question is at what point in the season do they sub mickey out

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

it's probably luck more than intent (they were on the table for origen a long time before there was any whisper of them getting mickey) but honestly that roster could actually work out because satorius and tabzz are the perfect auxillary pieces to mickey. satorius is not the most mechanically-gifted player but can at least create some pressure 1v1/2v2/3v3 from top, and more importantly is INCREDIBLY vocal (i don't remember if he was a primary shotcaller on epsilon but he does talk about as much as one). tabzz should not really be playing in lcs, but if you want a hyper-passive adc whose lane is never going to die 2v2 and probably not 2v3, hello it's tabzz.

they're going to be very one-dimensional, but i could see origen getting as high as 5th/6th with this roster even though i loving hate most of the parts (bar mickey) from the perspective of individual talent. could also collapse entirely if mickey ends up being gbm 2.0 but i have to have faith in the work ethic of anyone who's willing to import to origen because the org is loving broke.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Libertine posted:

He was brought on to play Azir because Kuro was garbage on it. Also Cry played a lot in Kespa Cup he looked decent but he was playing mid.

Btw this is all the LPL rosters. http://lol.qq.com/match/match_news_detail.shtml?nid=5746
Kelsey Moser said its only for first week so it may change.

IG's not showing JackeyLove but Marge who is garbage.

EDG looks really weak imo unless Cry was somehow a hidden adc god. IG if they play JackyLove should be good on top of that Draven is getting huge buffs 7.1 patch.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Ulio posted:

He was brought on to play Azir because Kuro was garbage on it. Also Cry played a lot in Kespa Cup he looked decent but he was playing mid.

Btw this is all the LPL rosters. http://lol.qq.com/match/match_news_detail.shtml?nid=5746
Kelsey Moser said its only for first week so it may change.

IG's not showing JackeyLove but Marge who is garbage.

EDG looks really weak imo unless Cry was somehow a hidden adc god. IG if they play JackyLove should be good on top of that Draven is getting huge buffs 7.1 patch.

Newbee and QG interest me in that they have both combined a lot of old and new players I've thought would be good but I don't know if the end result will actually be any good.

Vici is obviously my favorite team going into the start of the LPL season. Easyhoon and Bengi together again.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
dignitas with the worlds first procedurally generated team

https://twitter.com/teamdignitas/status/811300260207280128

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I love Keane and Chaser.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
that team is going to do pretty well until xpecial has a meltdown

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Lovechop posted:

Still Xpecial after all these years

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
That looks like a typical fantasy draft team where you go all out on ssumday and chaser, and keane and xpecial are value for money picks but you gotta skimp on your last pick so you end up having to draft loving LOD

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Good news xpecial, you're going to be on a great team with good players. There's one guy who isn't that good but everyone else is. Anyways your job on the team will be to interact exclusively with the bad player and wipe his butt.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Parallel Playa posted:

That looks like a typical fantasy draft team where you go all out on ssumday and chaser, and keane and xpecial are value for money picks but you gotta skimp on your last pick so you end up having to draft loving LOD

I'm pretty sure everybody in the SA leagues is plat+ at fantasy picking and doesn't delay ADC for that long lol

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Lovechop posted:

i would say i'm not ready for the world where dig is top-3 but i mean it kept happening when na featured the likes of mancloud so

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Transient People posted:

I'm pretty sure everybody in the SA leagues is plat+ at fantasy picking and doesn't delay ADC for that long lol
That's what my fantasy drafts look like until I trade away most of the good players for prospects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
NA toplane is going to be a bloodbath in 2017. Too bad Ray isn't starting for someone.

• Locked thread