Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Doesn't Taako still have a stone of far-speech with Kravitz at the other end of it? I doubt that he (or even the Raven Queen herself) would stand by if they were to get wind of two still-sane liches using a grand relic to cheat death.
I've been waiting for one of the players to think of this. Right now it seems like Griffin wants the plot to head in one of two directions:
1. Kravitz shows up to provide outside assistance that "breaks the game", leading to a conventional victory and pushing the players toward endgame with all the relics gathered.
2. One of the players dies, which leads to some sort of endgame resolution with the game's death mechanics and how they relate to the narrative being revealed.

I'm still not sure what the actual ending of the game will be, and if Griffin will let the players pick a bad ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
got another idea into coolgames inc. :cool:
deal or no deal but with mimics

https://soundcloud.com/coolgamesinc/cgi-jr-disho-ho-honored

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

That one was very good, though it stood little chance of being The Nug because there wasn't much room for elaboration. Same goes for Doctor Robotnik's Nice Rice Device. Pure genius.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
how true does everyone want the 10 dvds of avatar story to be?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

how true does everyone want the 10 dvds of avatar story to be?

Link?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So, I've been going through MBMBAM practically backwards (i'll usually download a batch of four to just have and listen from oldest to newest) and just now I got to last year's february and there's nothing worse/better than snacking while the brothers talk to me about the Multivibration Open-source Dildo dildo. Specially when I got curious again and looked up what happened to it only to find out that patent trolls and a lack of willing investors killed it. :(

That also reminded me, in my binge of MBMBAM going backwards in time I got hit with a harsh question: How many times has Justin poo poo his pants?!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That also reminded me, in my binge of MBMBAM going backwards in time I got hit with a harsh question: How many times has Justin poo poo his pants?!

Do you remember every bread you've eaten?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Do you remember every bread you've eaten?

Jesus.

Also: Vibrato. :dogbutton:

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol

It's somewhere in the like 15 minute into of the new CGI. Basically, Griffin wanted the bluray of Avatar for christmas, and Nick got him 10 copies of the DVD, because the price evened out. Nick was so loving fast on the bit though that i just pray there's a nug of truth in there

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/brentraptor/status/810326451371253760

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Ugh I yearn for more Clone High.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
This week, on a very special MBMBaM...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Listening to TAZ again and Merl is described as, "Like, a crunchy Danny Devito."
I don't think Dad Brother knows about this:

TRIVIA:
In TAZ, what is The Director's secret ingredient for her GORP?

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Dec 19, 2016

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Tempura Wizard posted:

The Boston Live Stunt Spectacular was better than some of the weaker arcs (Gerblins, Crystal Kingdom) of the main story. Come at me.

Griffin's gotta get used to the pacing of live shows, the wrestling bit felt incredibly rushed towards the end because the setup took so long. The team-building episode was incredible, though. I really like the one-off live episodes because I care way more about the goofing than the main story.

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Griffin's gotta get used to the pacing of live shows, the wrestling bit felt incredibly rushed towards the end because the setup took so long. The team-building episode was incredible, though. I really like the one-off live episodes because I care way more about the goofing than the main story.

Just given the way the game works, I think the onus is more on the the players than on Griffin to not get hung up on one thing too long and keep the pace moving forward. One of the magical things about DMing is that no matter how much experience you have, no matter how well you know your players, no matter how meticulously you plan things, it'll always take way longer for your players to complete stuff than you expected them to.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Deport The Irish posted:

Just given the way the game works, I think the onus is more on the the players than on Griffin to not get hung up on one thing too long and keep the pace moving forward. One of the magical things about DMing is that no matter how much experience you have, no matter how well you know your players, no matter how meticulously you plan things, it'll always take way longer for your players to complete stuff than you expected them to.

Except sometimes they utterly clown on your main boss encounter and complete stuff way faster than you expected them to.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Inzombiac posted:

Listening to TAZ again and Merl is described as, "Like, a crunchy Danny Devito."
I don't think Dad Brother knows about this:

TRIVIA:
In TAZ, what is The Director's secret ingredient for her GORP?

pistachios?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pistachios with the shell on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hargrimm posted:

Except sometimes they utterly clown on your main boss encounter and complete stuff way faster than you expected them to.

Or sometimes they spend so much time goofing off in the joke setup dungeon that you have to speed run the actual dungeon that was the point of the show.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

And sometimes slime is skin and thing die in the first four minutes.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Cael posted:

Because I think we all need some good good dance boys up in here for a palate cleanser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca5DBnSc5F0

Travis looks so different

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

It's somewhere in the like 15 minute into of the new CGI. Basically, Griffin wanted the bluray of Avatar for christmas, and Nick got him 10 copies of the DVD, because the price evened out. Nick was so loving fast on the bit though that i just pray there's a nug of truth in there

He subsequently says that he's never watched Avatar. Sorry, just another Griffin Goofer™.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Cael posted:

Because I think we all need some good good dance boys up in here for a palate cleanser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca5DBnSc5F0

I didn't get the Chris Kattan jokes until now

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

And sometimes slime is skin and thing die in the first four minutes.

Actually, sometimes you take a hardline stance that slime isn't skin and your player suddenly remembers he can cast level six spells.

I don't know D&D. Assuming they play it straight as the story reiterates, is Taako out of spell options? It sounded like using the spell was a big deal (besides the damage it caused).

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

The Modern Leper posted:

Actually, sometimes you take a hardline stance that slime isn't skin and your player suddenly remembers he can cast level six spells.

I don't know D&D. Assuming they play it straight as the story reiterates, is Taako out of spell options? It sounded like using the spell was a big deal (besides the damage it caused).

If it's anything like old editions you get a certain amount of each level of spells. So he cast a big level 6 spell, he can't cast another of those but he can cast some amount of level 5 spells, some amount more of 4 and so on down to cantrips which he has unlimited of (and the lower level ones get bonus die and poo poo to make them not complete garbage as you level up). At least I think that's how it worked.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

thebardyspoon posted:

If it's anything like old editions you get a certain amount of each level of spells. So he cast a big level 6 spell, he can't cast another of those but he can cast some amount of level 5 spells, some amount more of 4 and so on down to cantrips which he has unlimited of (and the lower level ones get bonus die and poo poo to make them not complete garbage as you level up). At least I think that's how it worked.

Yeah, you'll hear them referred to as "spell slots". Back in the Rockport Limited arc you hear them give Jenkins crap over doing something manually instead of using a spell for it and Clint tends to get crap for forgetting to use his or wasting slots that could be used for healing on stupid stuff.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Griffin just said Killer Mike was in the ICP. Jesus dude.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

rumble in the bunghole posted:

To be fair, it's kind of name that blends in fairly seamlessly with Shaggy 2 Dope and Violent J

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/corruptedgem/status/811024922512334848

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
They were legit concerned about juggalos doing crimes, which is really wierd to hear.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

https://twitter.com/RipTheVeins/status/810957585994182656

Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?

rumble in the bunghole posted:

And Justin muttering, "Inaccurate," under his breath.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
He also lists Alt-J as the other founding member.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Man, there's an old bit where they just ad-lib ICP names and it's really loving funny. I think it culminated in Murder Jeff making banana pancakes.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

purple death ray posted:

Man, there's an old bit where they just ad-lib ICP names and it's really loving funny. I think it culminated in Murder Jeff making banana pancakes.

Young Lurch took the minutes of the Juggalo meetings.

I actually recently read You Don't Know Me But You Don't Like Me by Nathan Rabin, which Justin recommended in Juggalo Church Camp, and it was really good. Breezy, but at times topically challenging read.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Today I learned that Nick has a brother named Robert. Rob Robinson.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
He's also got a brother named Porter.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Carboys got a "What's making me happy this week" on last week's NPR Pop Culture Happy Hour. Bizarre clashing of low and (mid?) culture.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Modern Leper posted:

Carboys got a "What's making me happy this week" on last week's NPR Pop Culture Happy Hour. Bizarre clashing of low and (mid?) culture.

I wouldn't say NPR is exactly low culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Does anyone remember which episode had the bit about Michael Jordan as a serial killer? That was the first joke I heard from them that really knocked me out.

Also, I chose to send in a doofy and whimsical question. How many questions do they receive in general?