Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

GaussianCopula posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/global-...MP=share_btn_tw

It's shocking to see people living under these circumstances in a EU country...

maybe SYRIZA and their right-wing allies ANEL could have used those €600m on improving these terrible conditions instead of giving handouts to their voters.

I agree, Greece should be allowed to do some big time deficit spending to restore social services to an acceptable level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ChainsawCharlie posted:

I dunno , does germany only have corrupt car manufacturers?

They also have corrupt politicians.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Please, Germany has plagiarist politicians.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Christine Lagarde is with the IMF, being corrupt to the core is a prerequisite.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

She's also a proud member of Les Ricains so its not like she's breaking ranks.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

YF-23 posted:

I agree, Greece should be allowed to do some big time deficit spending to restore social services to an acceptable level.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

YF-23 posted:

Sadly, the Greek government can not be trusted to spend money, as the first thing they do after having some money to spend is to unilaterally give it to their clients.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

GaussianCopula posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/global-...MP=share_btn_tw

It's shocking to see people living under these circumstances in a EU country...

maybe SYRIZA and their right-wing allies ANEL could have used those €600m on improving these terrible conditions instead of giving handouts to their voters.

I don't get your concern. These lazy good for nothing leeches need to get off from their arses and get a proper job. It's bleeding heart cowards like you who make this situation worse by dangling government handouts in front of them, keeping these people dependent, weak and lazy.

gently caress off GC, your concern-trolling is transparent and pathetic.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

double nine posted:

gently caress off GC, your concern-trolling is transparent and pathetic.

You see, as long as refugees are not treated that way in Greece, we can't send them back through the Dublin process, so it makes a lot of sense to use money that the Greek state is allowed to spend on fixing problems that negatively affect the EU at large and especially Germany.

Caveat: If we really believe that Greece as a higher primary surplus than the MoU demands, given the history of Greek statistics, we might want to have an independent audit of that first.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Everyone knows its the clients that give you money not the other way around!silly syriza.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

russian ambassador to turkey shot

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Abel Wingnut posted:

russian ambassador to turkey shot

Good.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Ya this is totally not something that will inflame tensions in the region; this totally won't lead to more violence and innocents hurt :downs:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

i heard him on the radio the other day and dear god his voice is really annoying

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Ya this is totally not something that will inflame tensions in the region; this totally won't lead to more violence and innocents hurt :downs:

anything that involves pissing in tsar putin's and/or sultan erdogan's cheerios is good

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GaussianCopula posted:

Sadly, the Greek government can not be trusted to spend money, as the first thing they do after having some money to spend is to unilaterally give it to their clients.

Oh please do tell us more.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

According to my calculations, it will lead to a british indie band called "Andrej Karlow" in about 90 years.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Oh no. You think Putin will retaliate? OMG why didn't I think of that. I'm sure that NOW his ambassador is dead he'll start some nefarious scheme like, I don't know, bombing civilians.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Assad is a maniac who routinely tortures and kills anyone who dares to disagree with his regime and is not above using nerve gas on civilians, ditto for Erdogan but without the sarin, and part of the region is ruled by a terrorist organization that could be described as Al Qaeda meets the nazis.

But sure, this is the spark that will blow the Middle East to kingdom come.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Guys we all need to remember that no matter what. No Matter What. Political violence is baaaaaaaaad.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Jeez Luise, an innocent man got shot in the back by some psycho. Whatever this is, it's certainly not "good".

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

Guys we all need to remember that no matter what. No Matter What. Political violence is baaaaaaaaad.

It is, friend.

Though that doesn't mean I won't gloat when it happens to the geopolitical enemy.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

GaussianCopula posted:

What issue do you have exactly with poor pensioners being given the money they need to survive?

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

blowfish posted:

It is, friend.

Well the Americans wouldn't have had their own country witho-

Wait. Wait a minute.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
In other news there has just been a shooting in a muslim (?) facility in Zurich, Switzerland.

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

In other news there has just been a shooting in a muslim (?) facility in Zurich, Switzerland.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38363602

Looks like a prayer centre, information pretty sparse otherwise.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Fiction posted:

What issue do you have exactly with poor pensioners being given the money they need to survive?

They're lebensunwertes Leben, that's the only justification you'll ever need, friend. Namaste.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

GaussianCopula posted:

You see, as long as refugees are not treated that way in Greece, we can't send them back through the Dublin process, so it makes a lot of sense to use money that the Greek state is allowed to spend on fixing problems that negatively affect the EU at large and especially Germany.

Caveat: If we really believe that Greece as a higher primary surplus than the MoU demands, given the history of Greek statistics, we might want to have an independent audit of that first.

Poor, poor Germany, when will your rich friends ever cut you a break. :sigh:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Jeez Luise, an innocent man got shot in the back by some psycho. Whatever this is, it's certainly not "good".
Russian ambassador sounds like someone who could very well not be innocent.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
https://twitter.com/JuliaHarte1/status/810902712531484672?lang=en

lmbo

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
poo poo

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/810932050391875584

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Do you sincerely believe that this assassination will improve things rather than worsen them? That fewer people will now suffer and there is no likelihood that more people will suffer instead?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Guilty until proven innocent is truly one of the brightest western values.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Not be innocent of what?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

YF-23 posted:

Guilty until proven innocent is truly one of the brightest western values.
Pretty hosed up to force western values unto something happening to a member of a non-western culture, in a non-western country.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
You can still think it's a reasonable idea in general.

Also up to not that long ago Turkey was considered very Western, though I'm sure you knew that.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Nenonen posted:

Do you sincerely believe that this assassination will improve things rather than worsen them? That fewer people will now suffer and there is no likelihood that more people will suffer instead?

Oh no but what about the pragmatism!! Think of the realpolitiks!

It won't change a drat thing about the poor downtrodden souls being rained upon by husks of metal and fire. It will minutely disrupt the functioning of the corrupt and barbaric governments of both Turkey and Russia. A net positive.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

What exactly do you reproach to the late Russian ambassador to Turkey, besides "being a Russian diplomat"?

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Cat Mattress posted:

What exactly do you reproach to the late Russian ambassador to Turkey, besides "being a Russian diplomat"?

Literally nothing. He works for Putin's Russia in a position of power. That's enough for me to gloat about his death.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Pretty hosed up to force western values unto something happening to a member of a non-western culture, in a non-western country.

Last I checked you were only stating your own, personal, Danish opinion.