Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

exquisite tea posted:

ME:A and Ryder is Jacob's cynical joke from ME2 about Shepard not focus testing right, except irl.

Yeah a gruff soldier in a shooting game, that's a risky choice right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

DancingShade posted:

I need to stop focusing on how much ME3 ruined the franchise for me because mmo-alike grinding for collectibles aside, DA:I had some pretty good story missions and I thought the climax was suitably dramatic with a satisfying conclusion.

So based on EA taking notes from that ME:A will probably be ok. Probably. Hopefully.

And if not gently caress it, at least we'll know for sure.

That they're going billions of light years away from the galaxy just to avoid having to deal with ME3's terrible retcons and ending gives me some amount of hope. A smaller setting could really force them to play towards characters which has been where the writing usually works.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Steve2911 posted:

Yeah ME1 had the best soundtrack by far because it actually stuck to the 80s sci-fi vibe.

This is the most bizarre repeated claim regarding the series, I find. The first game goes bombastic orchestral as it reaches its climax, the second game features just as many synth/electronic tracks and themes, they're layered all over the shop with, again, the climax mainly being where things ramp up big and orchestral. As for the third, ignore the Clint Mansell pieces that bookend it and you realise it's all themes from the first two games recycled with all some new synth stuff filling in the gaps and the grand traditional film score version of the main theme when the fleets arrive.

The music really never changed much guys.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I was glad when I saw that they signed Skrillex to do a few tracks for Andromeda, should be pretty cool.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
any news?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
*in the extremely macklemore black guy voice* this is loving awesome

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Kurtofan posted:

any news?

It is supposed to come out in March, apparently, but there's still no release date.

So, who knows.

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
Yeah but the Eden Prime, Galaxy Map, and Virmire tracks are cool and good and probably as close as you can get to curating a selection of music from New Retro Wave.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Kurtofan posted:

any news?

No news until next year, IGN will have the next round of coverage. No release date until they enter certification.

Enigmatic Cakelord fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Dec 19, 2016

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

El Mido posted:

Yeah but the Eden Prime, Galaxy Map, and Virmire tracks are cool and good and probably as close as you can get to curating a selection of music from New Retro Wave.

I'm gonna be sad when I open the ME:A galaxy map and it's not the galaxy map song. Just moderating my expectations here.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

exquisite tea posted:

Don't worry, in an effort to never offend anybody's sensibilities again, all the characters in Mass Effect: Andromeda will be a careful composite of the dankest memes known to the franchise with sassy catchphrases you'll be repeating to your online friends for months to come!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I loving hate that stupid rear end face

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Sentinel Red posted:

This is the most bizarre repeated claim regarding the series, I find. The first game goes bombastic orchestral as it reaches its climax, the second game features just as many synth/electronic tracks and themes, they're layered all over the shop with, again, the climax mainly being where things ramp up big and orchestral. As for the third, ignore the Clint Mansell pieces that bookend it and you realise it's all themes from the first two games recycled with all some new synth stuff filling in the gaps and the grand traditional film score version of the main theme when the fleets arrive.

The music really never changed much guys.

Thank Christ, it's not just me then.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Moola posted:

If we have another Virmire moment I know who to sacrifice

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I was taken offguard by that face as well. I think I expected more of a SEXY BLUE ELF face like all the other asari but I like kind of real lookin not too hot asari person there now

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Moola posted:

I'm hoping for a emotional ME1 Wrex movement when most of the player base ends up blowing her away.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Zzulu posted:

I was taken offguard by that face as well. I think I expected more of a SEXY BLUE ELF face like all the other asari but I like kind of real lookin not too hot asari person there now

Yeah for real, that's a good point.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Moola posted:

turn on your monitor

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lt. Danger posted:

Thank Christ, it's not just me then.

It's even stranger than labeling Mass Effect as "pulp" sci fi when it's the most mainstream, we really liked Star Trek you guys sci fi video game of all time. Even more than any Star Trek games.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
aside from Bioware's continued hilarious character modeling, what's wrong with that face?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

JawKnee posted:

aside from Bioware's continued hilarious character modeling, what's wrong with that face?

people think this new character is going to be Sera in Space

a lot of people didn't like Sera

the character is to be despised on sight

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Did they make her ugly because that's what the gamebase is like?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pattonesque posted:

people think this new character is going to be Sera in Space

a lot of people didn't like Sera

the character is to be despised on sight

Literally this.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

exquisite tea posted:

It's even stranger than labeling Mass Effect as "pulp" sci fi when it's the most mainstream, we really liked Star Trek you guys sci fi video game of all time. Even more than any Star Trek games.

It was the most Babylon 5 video game of all time.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That face really reminds me of Zac Efron.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Moola posted:

You can blame the internet for going nuts over the face paint in Mad Max:Fury Road for that design. I would bet money on it.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Trast posted:

You can blame the internet for going nuts over the face paint in Mad Max:Fury Road for that design. I would bet money on it.

Maybe, but black smear over eyes has been around as a thing in RPG character designers for ages.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Zzulu posted:

DA:I had pretty boring characters, story and setting

Other than that, it was a pretty decent game

I liked DA:I as well, and I agree somewhat on the characters. Like, I liked Solas in the first mission you meet him because he's kind of sassy but in a friendly, non-obnoxious way, but for the rest of the game he's very wistful and serious. Characters like Cole had neat moments, but you had to sit through a lot of boring chaff to get there and Sera was just awful across the board. It wasn't any wonder that so many people liked Bull despite his voice acting getting kind of iffy. He was a mixture of funny and reliable, yet kind of intimidating and possibly untrustworthy but the whole time he usually had something to say worth listening to.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Posting to tell you all how HYPED I am for this game.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I would take Sera over Cole any day of the week, but it's a moot point since I didn't bother with either of them. My Inquisitor was a rogue and I liked Varric too much to replace him with another archer.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I too am excited to gently caress sexy aliens.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

WastedJoker posted:

Posting to tell you all how HYPED I am for this game.

me too!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
me three

i hope you can shot aliens and also gently caress aliens

i want to ride a mech too, that'd be neat

maybe gently caress the mech as well

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
What if you go to gently caress a Alien and plot twist you end up having to shoot them

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

What if you go to gently caress a Alien and plot twist you end up having to shoot them

Yeah sure but what if the opposite?

Spoiler: This is how you win the game.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

They should do that for every single romance as an experiment to see how long it takes players to get the hint.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
single tear goes down shepherd's face as they shoot off their genitalia

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

rude

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
it would actually be really cool if you could romance the villain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Zzulu posted:

it would actually be really cool if you could romance the villain

Or at least one of their lieutenants, like in a Bond film.

"Oh no, I'm trapped." *makes a 'how YOU doin'' face at the henchman* *henchman waits for villain to leave, unshackles me*

*i force-choke the henchman*