Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FlamingLiberal posted:

The one episode was 5 days but he was in there until this last episode. It's probably closer to two weeks

I have to say this is a good chunk of the reason their whole "dictatorship" and "occupation" plot lines don't work for poo poo.

Even the worst, most brutal occupations would be a footnote in history if they only lasted two Goddamn weeks. And frankly I think two weeks in an American jail is worse than two weeks in Savior jail. Oh no, they play a loud song every morning. Fuuuuuuuuck, right? I mean the food sucks but it's the apocalypse, Daryl's probably used to eating dog food at this point.

They really should have timed this plot to happen over like, a year. It'd had far, far more impact on things. As it stands this will be remembered the "Half a month Rick turned into an idiot pussy but he's better now."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That's every season tho

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

That's every season tho

I got the impression they stayed over a month or so on the farm, show time. I got the impression they stayed for a few years at the prison, show time. I get the feeling they've spent years in Alexandria, and months on the road.

It's usually not this bad.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol thank god someone did some sperging for us http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_TV_Show_Timeline

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

This is absolutely hilarious. It's been 5 days if that's accurate.

Negan: "Why aren't you breaking Daryl? It's been 24 hours!"

Negan's impossible to destroy fortress saw Jesus walk right in the gate, drive with Daryl right on out of the gate with no repercussions and all within a week. Way to make your "impossible to beat" bad guy look like a stupid, stupid chump.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 19, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Blazing Ownager posted:

I got the impression they stayed over a month or so on the farm, show time. I got the impression they stayed for a few years at the prison, show time. I get the feeling they've spent years in Alexandria, and months on the road.

Judith is a 10 year old toddler.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lycus posted:

Judith is a 10 year old toddler.

You know, I thought she must have been a little over 2 now, but according to the wiki she's still only 1.

Has it really only been 1 year in show time since Lori died despite all their cross-country traveling and poo poo? What the gently caress. At least we know they were wandering around after the farm for 8 months.

ED: Actually this does resolve the complaint everyone has with why gasoline and poo poo is still working, and why canned food hasn't expired. I think the majority of people, myself included, thought we were about further in than we actually are. It's not even been 2 years since the pilot if these numbers are right. I really thought Judith was at least about a year older than she is.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 19, 2016

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Thanks for the new avatar guys!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/GT3vMHQ.gifv

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 19, 2016

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I only skimmed through that mid-season finale, so this is the first time I'm seeing that smiling montage. All I'm thinking is that shot of goofiness could have been effective if Negan and his posse were the ur-threat the show wanted them to be, beating down Rick's team again and again. Where something so dumb was the group's final real moment of togetherness before rallying in desperation at the final battle of the plotline.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

:pusheen:

Christ that's such an awful montage. Why does Enid look like she's being bashfully shy?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Johnny Truant posted:

Christ that's such an awful montage. Why does Enid look like she's being bashfully shy?

She knows Carl did some murders and what better way to charm a lady?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I still can't figure out what ethnicity Rosita is supposed to be.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Johnny Truant posted:

Because in an everyone looks at each other smilingly montage someone has to do that

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I interpreted her to be incredibly happy to see Coral. She thought for sure he was gonna die. Hers is the most believable performance to be sure

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I still have no idea why Tara went with them in the first place, at least the others have a reason to make the trip

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

I still have no idea why Tara went with them in the first place, at least the others have a reason to make the trip

Also wondering why Jeremiah Johnson came there from Colorado, but it's good he's there because now Negan's really hosed!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Tara is incredibly shoehorned in at this point.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Astroman posted:

Also wondering why Jeremiah Johnson came there from Colorado, but it's good he's there because now Negan's really hosed!

He actually came from Mt Timpanogos across the valley from me (where Sundance resort lies) in Utah.

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

It's not rape unless I explicitly see it!

Sjs00 posted:

Thanks for the new avatar guys!

It's funny because its been a week since that conversation ended and someone still can't move on.

I thought the show made it obvious rosita was a sassy latina, with the way characters (dwight?) mimic her.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

I have to say this is a good chunk of the reason their whole "dictatorship" and "occupation" plot lines don't work for poo poo.

Even the worst, most brutal occupations would be a footnote in history if they only lasted two Goddamn weeks. And frankly I think two weeks in an American jail is worse than two weeks in Savior jail. Oh no, they play a loud song every morning. Fuuuuuuuuck, right? I mean the food sucks but it's the apocalypse, Daryl's probably used to eating dog food at this point.

They really should have timed this plot to happen over like, a year. It'd had far, far more impact on things. As it stands this will be remembered the "Half a month Rick turned into an idiot pussy but he's better now."

They should have just done a six months time skip, although it would have required adjusting things like the Carol/Morgan storyline.

If Alexandria has been suffering, but hasn't lost anyone for a while under Negans rule then it allows an argument to be made that Rick did the right thing in rolling over. Lets Daryls stay in solitary have really hosed him up, and lets us catch up a little bit on the question of how Carl has managed to grow two feet in 18 months.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

The main character lineup is getting pretty sparse in terms of people-who-have-an-actual-personality

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Blazing Ownager posted:

We can conclude the show has taken place over 2 going on 3 years in universe based upon the amount of winters the cast have gone through. They went through their first Winter in-between leaving the farm and arriving at the prison (per in-show dialogue). And we know they lived through one more winter during their stay at the prison (Rick discusses it with the doctor who died from the pig flu). Unless the zombie plague changed the earths tilt or they fell into the universe of Game of Thrones they can only have gone through 2 years and an unclear number of extra months that may be anywhere from 1-11.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Iowa Snow King posted:

The main character lineup is getting pretty sparse in terms of people-who-have-an-actual-personality

Mostly the show has three different scenes - 1) Characters talking very seriously about what they are going to do 2) Lingering shots of people staring into the distance because they're sad and that's deep 3) Fighting stuff or being very, very angry or possibly going insane.

I just want some scenes where people are kicking back and shooting the poo poo. Like humans. Have them cook up some moonshine and have a BBQ or throw a ball around or make some weird zombie dismantling machine or just do something, anything that a human being might do to let off some steam. It would be neat if sometimes people could smile, laugh, crack a few jokes. I might even be able to sort of relate to these weird broken aliens.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Bates posted:

or make some weird zombie dismantling machine

Eugene could be a real fun character if they'd let him.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

quote:

I just want some scenes where people are kicking back and shooting the poo poo. Like humans. Have them cook up some moonshine and have a BBQ or throw a ball around or make some weird zombie dismantling machine or just do something, anything that a human being might do to let off some steam. It would be neat if sometimes people could smile, laugh, crack a few jokes. I might even be able to sort of relate to these weird broken aliens.

Sometimes they even timeskip over stuff like that and then have characters refer to it having happened off-camera.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Carols' role is weird. She started off as some poor afraid sheep and now she's an absolute Killbot.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
yeah

it is a good arc imo

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

Bates posted:

Mostly the show has three different scenes - 1) Characters talking very seriously about what they are going to do 2) Lingering shots of people staring into the distance because they're sad and that's deep 3) Fighting stuff or being very, very angry or possibly going insane.

Yeh this sounds ok in theory, but then you have to remember it would be TWD writers making it. Im confident they could make it pretty boring.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They did do a time skip last season though?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

John F Bennett posted:

Carols' role is weird. She started off as some poor afraid sheep and now she's an absolute Killbot.

and now she's a hermit. Or trying to be.

Bates posted:

I just want some scenes where people are kicking back and shooting the poo poo.
There have been many of these scenes but thankfully they don't last long.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

The last frame makes it, but this was the worst moment in tv including Jax 'Jesus' Teller and Dexter the Lumberjack.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
So did they kill off Manchonne since he isn't there nodding approvingly with everyone else?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Kelly posted:

The last frame makes it, but this was the worst moment in tv including Jax 'Jesus' Teller and Dexter the Lumberjack.

Also that I cut it down to 15 seconds from three goddamn minutes

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

moist turtleneck posted:

Also that I cut it down to 15 seconds from three goddamn minutes

Was this seriously three minutes long originally? Holy shitballs. What the gently caress happened to this show? Maybe it was NEVER very good and I was just super excited to have a zombie show to watch.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
The only truly good ep was the pilot.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Spermanent Record posted:

The only truly good ep was the pilot.

Yeah this is true and probably the only reason I got suckered into this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gortarius posted:

So did they kill off Manchonne since he isn't there nodding approvingly with everyone else?

Tara looked away for a few minutes and Heath left.