Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The Kingfish posted:

Sedan chair was the guy who people thought couldn't be black because he posted a picture of himself holding a gun or something revealing that he has really light skin.. I think??

SC was a Hillaryman early on, it was some other guy who had to prove they were a black berniebro.

It was Nutranurse, to Zoux.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

fool_of_sound posted:

It was Nutranurse, to Zoux.

Wasn't that years ago? Or has Zoux paper-bag tested multiple people?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Patrick Spens posted:

Wasn't that years ago? Or has Zoux paper-bag tested multiple people?

He did it again recently near the end of his kamikaze run as an IK in CSPAM.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'm no longer gonna post here I'm going to be taking my black millennial self to this new hip(-hop) and happening website that's "deeply rooted in the community®"

http://www.365black.com

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Dexo posted:

I'm no longer gonna post here I'm going to be taking my black millennial self to this new hip(-hop) and happening website that's "deeply rooted in the community®"

Haha holy poo poo

#woke #brands

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Dexo posted:

what the gently caress did i just click

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dexo posted:

Love the fact the M365 Black Awards just goes to a 404 page

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Trabisnikof posted:

Love the fact the M365 Black Awards just goes to a 404 page

Would've been a better pun if it was a 403 error.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The black community will never forgive McDonald's for what they did to McDowell's.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Calvin's got a job! Go head on Calvin!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

The black community will never forgive McDonald's for what they did to McDowell's.

Wait, McDonalds were responsible for McDowell's psychotic break?

That makes a weird kind of sense.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Dexo posted:

You and these hands have a standing appointment for this poo poo.

blackguy32 posted:

Calvin's got a job! Go head on Calvin!

Ew nigga you smell like French fries.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

negromancer posted:

You and these hands have a standing appointment for this poo poo.

Why are you so angry at just how much McDonald's cares about our community.

https://twitter.com/365Black/status/786749158984003584

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Wait, McDonalds were responsible for McDowell's psychotic break?

That makes a weird kind of sense.

Ummmmm

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Dexo posted:

Why are you so angry at just how much McDonald's cares about our community.

https://twitter.com/365Black/status/786749158984003584

If I've learned anything from all these white girl friends it's that Broad City has caused white girls to completely gentrify the words "yas" and "queen".

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I like Broad City. I also remember McDonalds 365black from the Tom Joyner Morning Show. Parent's used to listen to it when I was a kid.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

McDowell. D&D poster. Either went off his meds or never had them in the first place, and slowly went from relatively normal dude to salivating neocon to poet of the apocalypse to literal Heaven's Gate cultist. McDonalds brainwashing would fit right into that wild ride.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

That wasn't a Coming to America joke?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Can't it be both?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

If I've learned anything from all these white girl friends it's that Broad City has caused white girls to completely gentrify the words "yas" and "queen".

I thought that was Drag Race?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I keep thinking of band/music references when I see the words in quotes, what do they mean normally?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I keep thinking of band/music references when I see the words in quotes, what do they mean normally?

They mean "yes" and "queen"

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

They mean "yes" and "queen"

I was going for a joke about the band nobody cares about that split off from Depeche Mode (another band a lot of people care nothing for). :shrug:

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

I was going for a joke about the band nobody cares about that split off from Depeche Mode (another band a lot of people care nothing for). :shrug:

I'm aware of bands called Yes and Queen existing but I think your music reference is going way over my head. Similarly I just couldn't pass up a good deadpan gag :v:

Now explain your joke or you're racist :colbert:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
One of the members of Depeche Mode started their own band in 1981.

It was terrible and the band only lasted two years before breaking up.

EDIT: Actually googling the name shows that it's actually spelled "Yaz" so now my joke reference doesn't even work. :smith:

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

So very terrible.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

One of the members of Depeche Mode started their own band in 1981.

It was terrible and the band only lasted two years before breaking up.

EDIT: Actually googling the name shows that it's actually spelled "Yaz" so now my joke reference doesn't even work. :smith:

Much like the birth control the band's music also prevented pregnancy due to whenever anyone heard the music their genitals would self-sterilize in an evolutionary process known as "Lol Nope".

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Much like the birth control the band's music also prevented pregnancy due to whenever anyone heard the music their genitals would self-sterilize in an evolutionary process known as "Lol Nope".

I have great news: You can take this joke even further, since the birth control Yaz got recalled and only re-issued under the strictest FDA warnings for causing agonzing death

And to bring this around to the topic, one of the reasons for the life expectancy gap between black people and white people is racist doctors. Racism in medicine leads to decreased preventative care, wrong diagnoses, and needless suffering due to the pervasive belief that black people don't feel pain

quote:

Hoffman and her fellow researchers conducted two studies to determine how pervasive racial biases are. For the first study, the team recruited 121 laypeople, 92 of whom were white and born in the United States. Researchers found that 72 percent of the white people in the sample endorsed at least one false belief about how black people experience pain. For example, they thought black people have thicker skin than their white counterparts.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

McDowell. D&D poster. Either went off his meds or never had them in the first place, and slowly went from relatively normal dude to salivating neocon to poet of the apocalypse to literal Heaven's Gate cultist. McDonalds brainwashing would fit right into that wild ride.

It was a Coming to America joke, which is required viewing for black folks. Now here is your box set of The Color Purple, What's Love Got to do It, The Five Heartbeats, and that scene where Denzel sheds a single tear in Glory.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Fluffdaddy posted:

It was a Coming to America joke, which is required viewing for black folks. Now here is your box set of The Color Purple, What's Love Got to do It, The Five Heartbeats, and that scene where Denzel sheds a single tear in Glory.

Don't forget Friday, Next Friday (but go no further), that one where Denzel's a christmas angel, In the Wood, and House Party

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

that one where Denzel's a christmas angel

Fallen?

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Friend of mine thinks Dope should be required viewing for black nerds.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Talmonis posted:

Friend of mine thinks Dope should be required viewing for black nerds.

I love Dope. I love those retro hip hop nerds.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Gaunab posted:

I like Broad City. I also remember McDonalds 365black from the Tom Joyner Morning Show. Parent's used to listen to it when I was a kid.

Same! Required listening on the way to school.

Fluffdaddy posted:

No "Bodyguard"? No "Preacher's Wife"?

tallboarLittlehand
Sep 7, 2011
Don't forget Don't Be A Menace to South Central. The quintessential parody of 90's black hood movies and one of the Wayan's Brothers best films.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Morby posted:

Same! Required listening on the way to school.

No "Bodyguard"? No "Preacher's Wife"?

You only get the soundtracks for those movies, cause no one watches either of those more than once unless they are over 50 and have "Mae" or "May" in their name.

Don't forget Friday, Next Friday (but go no further), that one where Denzel's a christmas angel, In the Wood, and House Party

Speaking of Denzel, where the hell has he been?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Fluffdaddy posted:

Promoting the new movie he's in called Fences?

It looks like it'll be a very good film, too.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Fluffdaddy posted:

He was just in Magnificent Seven and Fences is coming out on Christmas.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Fluffdaddy posted:

You only get the soundtracks for those movies, cause no one watches either of those more than once unless they are over 50 and have "Mae" or "May" in their name.

I will accept this and counteroffer with "Waiting to Exhale".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I forgot about the Magnificent Seven (mostly because I quickly lose interest in any film with Ethan Hawke in it).

• Locked thread