Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I decided to do some pulls because hey, why not, need to run the statistical clock for a shot at the Big G 'Du anyway.

3* Cecil on half-pull (he's like my fifth, I think by now I feel comfortable fusing a couple together and rushing Excaliburs)
3* Gilbert (who)
3* Sazh (I like the character, he's probably garbo tho, right)
4* CHEEZ (okay, that's basically who I was aiming for if I wanna be honest with you lot)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

HGH posted:

Super MP expensive 1 turn damage null seems like it's to be expected honestly.

I'm more interested in Medius, because how the hell do you salvage a fragile gunner that actively attracts attacks to himself? You don't.

Passive 50% chance to counter any magic or physical damage and an active skill that redirects all attacks to them for 1 turn.

Cartoon Man posted:

Let's hope Gumi patches in something broken like when we got Black cat Lid and her Hex Strike.

She'll probably get Bar-ja spells that give 100% element resist for the party...

HGH posted:

Video of the update
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8XR3hRZiN4

Cerius gets Dualcast, autorefresh and darkness resistance moves.

Oh. Well that's ok too I guess.

Not pulling on the banner because I already have 2 Cerius and don't care about Medius. Butz just hit level 100 and BC Lid should be 80 by the end of the day so I guess I'll dump any leftover xp in to Cerius since maybe her 6* will be useful for some trials, but probably not.

MrLonghair posted:

How do these raids work? Confusing.

If it's like the raids in Brave Frontier? Poorly and with lots of awful grinding where you need to kill (or not kill) specific targets on raid bosses to have any chance at their rare crafting item dropping, otherwise it's a 0% drop instead of a ~5% or so drop.

Ask me about murdering RC6 bosses like Shisui a few dozen times and only seeing a single rare crafting item drop even with 2--4 star scores at the end. :sigh:

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Asmodai_00 posted:

which one of you jokers is this

This would be me, the giant rear end in a top hat. You guys missed me say I was doing it in discord, I already had swapped my exdeath back in and now refia.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Dias posted:

I decided to do some pulls because hey, why not, need to run the statistical clock for a shot at the Big G 'Du anyway.

3* Cecil on half-pull (he's like my fifth, I think by now I feel comfortable fusing a couple together and rushing Excaliburs)
3* Gilbert (who)
3* Sazh (I like the character, he's probably garbo tho, right)
4* CHEEZ (okay, that's basically who I was aiming for if I wanna be honest with you lot)

Lucky. Only took me about 10x as many pulls for cheese to come out :sigh:

Which I guess is still better than the poor saps who didn't get any cheese in all their 50+ pulls

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Ran into a guy in the arena whose status message read "200 pulls and no Noctis".

I felt bad for him.

Then I looked at his team: FOUR LUNETH and a WoL(his leader unit).

gently caress that guy.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Do you have have to use the emulators in the OP? They are Windows and I have a MacBook Pro which means Bluestack. I tried using that but it doesn't let me start over unless I'm doing it wrong. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything but it doesn't allow me to restart.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Spent about half of the tickets/lapis I'd accrued since starting in July, but am still without a 5* base, with my only rainbow crystal being a 5* Chiruzu back on that "Player's Choice" banner. While I'm bummed about whiffing on Noctis, the supposed adjustment in 3*/4* distributions seems to be a reality. I'll have to accumulate a lot of crystals and awakening items and cactuars, but asides from a top healer I'm feeling pretty good.

3x Cecil (1 lvl 100)
2x WoL

2x CoD (2 lvl 100)
2x Chiruzu (1 lvl 100)
1x Bartz (1 lvl 100)
2x Firion
1x Maxwell

5x ExDeath (2 lvl 100)
3x Arc
3x Kefka

2x Zidane
4x Vaan
2x Agrias
3x Edgar

2x Lenna
2x Tellah

And then a ton of others where I'm unsure how many to smash for TM and how many to keep for future 6* or TM teams.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Like, as poo poo as the gacha rates are in this game, I never spent a dime and I both have two base 5* (ahead of the stat curve now, but I pulled like crazy for Luneth, probably burned 50 tickets there), a bunch of top tier 4*s AND 27 tickets on hold. I played during beta so I had a headstart, but all I did was finish up story up to that point and got bored. So far, I'm okay with the current model, although I can already see power creep rearing its ugly head (what up Maxwell). Honestly, this and Marvel Future Fight are the two gacha games I didn't give up on after testing a bunch out, between content influx, time constraints and player engagement. MFF is more "fun" to play but FFBE is a nice "burn energy up and drop it" game, although some events are worse than others.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I've never seen or even heard of Cerius until this announcement. Medius looks cool, what are the odds he gets innate DW? His sprite has two guns.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

I've never seen or even heard of Cerius until this announcement. Medius looks cool, what are the odds he gets innate DW? His sprite has two guns.

I have two of each, but the first one I drew of both were within the last month or so. I got my 7th Kefka today for 1/2 price pulls. I already have 3 Exdeaths game, why would I need 7 Kefkas!? I only ever even need 5 ribbons max!

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Tagichatn posted:

So does Sazh and look where that got him

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Trying to clear out missions to get more lapis, and one comes up "use steal".
I skim through my friends list and no lockes are up for the umpteenth time and then I notice one little word "filtered".

Turns out I had six star only set on my friends list for who knows how long. Explains my lack of Locke friends.

Also, I want to add more goons to my friends list. 600 ATK Gilgamesh as my main leader:
632 883 386

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

He'll get Dual Guns, like dual wield but only works for guns.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

WebDO posted:

So does Sazh and look where that got him

He doesn't have a 6 star though.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
My half-pricer today was my first Locke EVER. And I've played since the game was only available on like the Swedish android market.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

jabro posted:

Do you have have to use the emulators in the OP? They are Windows and I have a MacBook Pro which means Bluestack. I tried using that but it doesn't let me start over unless I'm doing it wrong. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything but it doesn't allow me to restart.

From a quick google search, I found this guide for rerolling on a different game but the premise sounds like it should work here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BleachBraveSouls/comments/3iqjg7/tip_fast_rerolling_on_android_using_bluestacks/

Basically you'll need to turn on root access and then manually delete the Exvius game data folder. from /data/

I've never used bluestacks so I have no idea if that will work or not but give it a go.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

PaybackJack posted:

From a quick google search, I found this guide for rerolling on a different game but the premise sounds like it should work here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BleachBraveSouls/comments/3iqjg7/tip_fast_rerolling_on_android_using_bluestacks/

Basically you'll need to turn on root access and then manually delete the Exvius game data folder. from /data/

I've never used bluestacks so I have no idea if that will work or not but give it a go.

Oh hey, Google. I'm dumb. Thanks for the link!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

He'll get Dual Guns, like dual wield but only works for guns.

That would be awesome, it would give me a reason to start grinding these:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Well I tried Nox and had the exact same problem I had with memu. I try to start it up, it gets to 99%, and just stops there. The only difference is after a couple of minutes, Nox puts up a little window that says "Hey startup failed!"

So yep. Guess it's impossible for me to macro. I'm stuck purely with Trust Moogles and manual grind. :( I'm never going to have any guys worth a poo poo.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Twelve by Pies posted:

Well I tried Nox and had the exact same problem I had with memu. I try to start it up, it gets to 99%, and just stops there. The only difference is after a couple of minutes, Nox puts up a little window that says "Hey startup failed!"

So yep. Guess it's impossible for me to macro. I'm stuck purely with Trust Moogles and manual grind. :( I'm never going to have any guys worth a poo poo.

Are you trying to start it up using remote desktop? If the graphic card isn't being triggered Nox tends to do that.

Maybe make sure your drivers are up to date.

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

Discord sorta peer pressured me to 11 pull. I regret nothing:

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Cat Pilot posted:

Discord sorta peer pressured me to 11 pull. I regret nothing:

I regret not being there for that. (the peer pressure part)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I pulled in honor of Radio pulling a Noctis. I got a second Ludmille, which is quite welcome, so now my TM team is Cheezx3/Ludmillex2. Unfortunately I'm gonna smush all of them at some point, which I'm sure upsets people in here. :v:

m.hache posted:

Are you trying to start it up using remote desktop? If the graphic card isn't being triggered Nox tends to do that.

Maybe make sure your drivers are up to date.

I don't know what remote desktop is so I'm going to say no I'm not. I guess I can check my drivers though. I'll figure out a way to do that.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

If you have Avast you have to disable virtualization for Avast or else it will do this every time forever

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I posted earlier about the new phone I bought. Well, now that my phone isn't a piece of poo poo, I can chain 4x DC Meteors for a 7x Meteor chain:

10,785 total damage

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

your trees have a lot o fhp

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I've been noticing some Arena opponents boosting their Exdeaths above ~4k-4.3k hp lately, which survives my Elza & Exdeath's 4x 999 attacks. This is annoying since it means they typically get a spell off.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Twelve by Pies posted:

So yep. Guess it's impossible for me to macro. I'm stuck purely with Trust Moogles and manual grind. :( I'm never going to have any guys worth a poo poo.that are stupidly overpowered.

Fixed that for you.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

baram. posted:

your trees have a lot o fhp

I never run less than 4.7k HP in arena. That 4th Exdeath on the right is an outlier because I had to gear him up as a companion unit so he's in PvE stuff for now. I'm playing around with gear to see if I can get them all at 300 MAG and 5k HP each.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
A Noctis alone singlehandedly destroyed my 57 win streak. He got off one Blizzard Flask and then two turns later just spammed Fire Flask nonstop.

I really hate it when the AI spams moves.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rerolling is a pain in the rear end. I keep getting 4* Mercedes. One instance I got 4* Mercedes and a 4* Vanille. I saved it in case I get tired of rerolling for a 5* I'll use that.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

HGH posted:

A Noctis alone singlehandedly destroyed my 57 win streak. He got off one Blizzard Flask and then two turns later just spammed Fire Flask nonstop.

At least you're not the only one:

Not me but when someone posted that on reddit, like 4 people responded saying that they also got beaten by that lone Noctis, lol.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Legit Gumi bitch: go gently caress yourself, special quests don't count as vortex quests anymore. That's poo poo, fix this poo poo.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I currently have my 612 atk CoD up as my friend unit. Would you guys like that or the 565 Atk Noctis as my friend unit?

I also opened up 8 slots if anybody isn't already my friend. 126,115,597

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Ratmtattat posted:

I currently have my 612 atk CoD up as my friend unit. Would you guys like that or the 565 Atk Noctis as my friend unit?

I also opened up 8 slots if anybody isn't already my friend. 126,115,597

answer is always noctis

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

HGH posted:

My most recent streak ended when I ran in to 2 noctis and 3 gregs. They went first and petrified everyone except cecil (who was immune) and all of the petrified people also had two other random status effects on them. I'm not sure what the gently caress gear that person was using but having triple aliments on your entire party in the first round is sure something that isn't at all dumb.

Psii
Nov 27, 2010

Mylan posted:

See, I'm in the same boat as far as processors go. Except I've gone into BIOS and turned on hardware virtualization as far as I can tell, yet MEMU, NOX, and the leomoon cpu utility I downloaded all say it isn't enabled. I've spent so much time trying to figure out what's wrong, none of the solutions I've googled work for me. I've just resigned myself to trust moogles and manual grinding until I can get a better PC.

Are you using Avast as your Anti-virus?
There's something in it you have to disable before it fully enables the VR.
You'll have to look up a guide for the exact instructions, been a while.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

I've never rolled any 5* rainbow monsters or whatever, and don't have any TMs. With that in mind, is a pure tank team useful at all? Something like
Cecil / Wol / Snow / Buttz / Refia

Basically take in an overpowered friend and rely on Buttz battery and everyone tanking to keep everything running. Is that a thing?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

aherdofpenguins posted:

I've never rolled any 5* rainbow monsters or whatever, and don't have any TMs. With that in mind, is a pure tank team useful at all? Something like
Cecil / Wol / Snow / Buttz / Refia

Basically take in an overpowered friend and rely on Buttz battery and everyone tanking to keep everything running. Is that a thing?

If your friend is OP enough; just be warned that some harder bosses (Maxwell, the Twin Dragon, etc) have stupid bullshit attacks they use every x number of turns that you generally want to avoid seeing more than two or three times a fight.

Bartz can work middling double-duty as a damage dealer, mind you, and there's actually a not-insignificant amount of "can awaken up to 6*" units that can fill that hole of "damage dealer", even if they're not as good as the Base 5s - Mercedes and Chizuru are the big ones, but Cloud of Darkness and Bartz can fill in, in a pinch, and Firion will be up there eventually, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

KataraniSword posted:

If your friend is OP enough; just be warned that some harder bosses (Maxwell, the Twin Dragon, etc) have stupid bullshit attacks they use every x number of turns that you generally want to avoid seeing more than two or three times a fight.

Bartz can work middling double-duty as a damage dealer, mind you, and there's actually a not-insignificant amount of "can awaken up to 6*" units that can fill that hole of "damage dealer", even if they're not as good as the Base 5s - Mercedes and Chizuru are the big ones, but Cloud of Darkness and Bartz can fill in, in a pinch, and Firion will be up there eventually, too.

I have two Chizurus and Mercedes actually, but I was mostly looking at Bartz for his battery potential. I almost have dual cast, so I feel like DC Refia and Bartz can basically keep a team alive forever. Would it be worth slotting in a Chizuru or Mercedes instead of Bartz and maybe Snow?

• Locked thread