Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
bloltooth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Last Chance posted:

hmm interesting, while streaming music from my mac to airpods, there was a brief moment where the audio from my mac came through my iphone speaker and even paused when i hit my mac's play/pause keyboard button.

i wonder if my mac's sending audio through my phone and then to my airpods? would that even make sense?

everything about the airpods doesn't make sense, so I don't know why this would make any less sense

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Last Chance posted:

hmm interesting, while streaming music from my mac to airpods, there was a brief moment where the audio from my mac came through my iphone speaker and even paused when i hit my mac's play/pause keyboard button.

i wonder if my mac's sending audio through my phone and then to my airpods? would that even make sense?

ask them in the comments section for the kickstarter

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Pierogi posted:

ask them in the comments section for the kickstarter

this joke was kinda funny the first time you made it

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Last Chance posted:

this joke was kinda funny the first time you made it

the joke is on you, funny or not :colbert:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Pierogi posted:

the joke is on you, funny or not :colbert:

mmhmm.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

graph posted:

i got to play with one at macworld 96 and it was pure absolute dogshit

It takes real effort to make a game console worse than the Philips CDi but somehow Apple did it.

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
wtf https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdnB2gPMvZY

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Apple Poopin. Haha!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

the front of an iPhone is an input device and it loving owned and was revolutionary so you're wrong here

apple pencil is super ownage if you're even remotely artistic

anyway, earpods would be cool if airpods weren't the least comfortable thing to shove in your ear.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

r u ready to WALK posted:

It takes real effort to make a game console worse than the Philips CDi but somehow Apple did it.

seriously

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Last Chance posted:

im a retard! i was hearing my other pair of headphones connected to my mac buried under some papers near my phone and thought my phone was making noise.

the airpods work very well folks.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Last Chance posted:

im a retard!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Citizen Tayne posted:

The Apple Poopin. Haha!

lmao

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

and i thought the ps3 was big :eyepop:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Mister Macys posted:

and i thought the ps3 was big :eyepop:
640x480 is a lot of pixels, champ. you need some serious hardware to push that through

e: lol, $599 in 1996 moneys (thats gotta be like $950 now or smth)

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

lmao

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

just to confirm

are these airbuds the exact same thing that came with all iphones just no wires? like same drivers?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

zen death robot posted:

flower pot iMac and ping are both major fuckups and happened under steves watch

wtf happened with ping and apple music's social functions? like there was (is!) a whole inbuilt captive audience for that poo poo, good (enough) coders to make something interesting, and apple's ability to dictate poo poo to the labels, why the orkut/google+ style ghost towns?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Vintersorg posted:

just to confirm

are these airbuds the exact same thing that came with all iphones just no wires? like same drivers?

supposedly theyre a little better but i wouldnt be surprised if its completely a placebo effect because people want to believe that they paid for premium quality sound

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

just to confirm

lol holy poo poo if they're the same cases that fly out of your ear canals at the slightest provocation

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol holy poo poo if they're the same cases that fly out of your ear canals at the slightest provocation

it's only $69 (hehe) to get a replacement or you just gotta wait until you find a matching one on the ground

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*adjusts messenger bag crammed full of cords, dongles, chargers and adapters* ah, the wireless future is here

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I had to buy these things to keep my fuckin' EarPods from flying out.
https://www.amazon.com/EarSkinz-EarPod-Covers-ES2-iPhone/dp/B00OBSKPSY?th=1

I literally needed a dongle for my earbuds

Feb 8, 2008
I have a 1.5 year old 6 that is a bit beat up and starting to have lightning port issues, but is still needs suiting.
In the true spirit of excessive American consumerism should I use my upgrade to get a
6s (and possibly die in a battery explosion)
or a
7 (and loose a hole I rarely use anyways)?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

get a 6s, you don't want to be too much like your phone. It's like those people who look like their dogs.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

you should buy the iPhone SE 64GB Space Grey, op

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

good (enough) coders to make something interesting

:raise:

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Last Chance posted:

my air pods arrived two days early and they work great. thanks tim

i assume the tic tac case is for scale?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

7734 posted:

loose a hole I rarely use

oh, tim's def got a dongle for that

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Progressive JPEG posted:

i assume the tic tac case is for scale?

no, why would you need scale for an image of something designed to be inserted into a human ear

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

as in apple as a whole, it's obvious they stuff the terrible people in itunes and music.app, just not obvious why

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Last Chance posted:

no, why would you need scale for an image of something designed to be inserted into a human ear

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

as in apple as a whole, it's obvious they stuff the terrible people in Eddy Cue's org

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

7734 posted:

I have a 1.5 year old 6 that is a bit beat up and starting to have lightning port issues, but is still needs suiting.
In the true spirit of excessive American consumerism should I use my upgrade to get a
6s (and possibly die in a battery explosion)
or a
7 (and loose a hole I rarely use anyways)?

a 7+ in fully sick jet black

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
johnny fireball has this message that timb posted to apples internal disccusion forums

timb posted:

The desktop is very strategic for us. It’s unique compared to the notebook because you can pack a lot more performance in a desktop — the largest screens, the most memory and storage, a greater variety of I/O, and fastest performance. So there are many different reasons why desktops are really important, and in some cases critical, to people.

The current generation iMac is the best desktop we have ever made and its beautiful Retina 5K display is the best desktop display in the world.

Some folks in the media have raised the question about whether we’re committed to desktops. If there’s any doubt about that with our teams, let me be very clear: we have great desktops in our roadmap. Nobody should worry about that.
anyone who follows sports knows what it means when the team president gives an unprompted little speech in defense of a beleaguered head coach or gm and saying that he has their full confidence

in other words: macs are still headed for that sunset/maintenance/legacy retirement home

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

quote:

the question about whether we're committed to desktops. If there's any doubt about that with our teams, let me be very clear: we have great desktops in our roadmap
lol way to not actually answer the question

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Stymie posted:

*adjusts messenger bag crammed full of cords, dongles, chargers and adapters* ah, the wireless future is here

quoting stymie

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
airpods are loving awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Fabricated posted:

quoting stymie

stopped clock

• Locked thread