Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

are the bernie people voting for colon powell doing it as a gently caress you to hillary because they had a minor spat during the primaries???

because they know he's one of the chief architects of the iraq war lie right

he didnt vote for the war

also hes cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

After she got brain damage.

i got brain damage and i'm not a nazi yet

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Baloogan posted:

he didnt vote for the war

also hes cool
i think they meant the colon not the bern

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Mutant Standard posted:

i got brain damage and i'm not a nazi yet

up your brain damage game, son

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Also yea getting back on actual track, it's hard to really blame a few unions trying to break ranks when before this it was just a straight up coronation. If one issue we're going to raise is gonna be the DNC primary was just one big victory ceremony for Clinton we can't get upset at people not liking a choice of 'our guy or abstain'. I don't think it'll have much impact but it's a losing battle to try to shame them for bucking what they see as yet another round of kingmaking handed down to them to 'endorse'.

I still really would like to know if there's any evidence this is a popular membership revolt against the stupid thing, and not just other members of party leadership trying to coronate their own candidate instead as part of a factional divide.

Like seriously if this was due to a membership vote I'd be cool with that, but was it? Or is this a false narrative you're trying to build here?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

So the electoral college result is going to be Trump beating Clinton by 4 more votes than expected?

yes

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

"dear anne

i shot myself in the head but i still don't believe in securing an existence for our people and a future for white children, what gives"

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

like I personally think Ellison is the right choice for the job (because he represents a clear turn away from the previous DNC leadership), but it's Trumka's loving job to get out there and convince the labor movement why that is important.

Don't pay lipservice to what everyone is saying and then give a fuckin ballot that just "no vote at all" or "the guy we want you to vote for"

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Al! posted:

are the bernie people voting for colon powell doing it as a gently caress you to hillary because they had a minor spat during the primaries???

Believe it or not this is being pushed primarily by the pro-Hillary wing of the party. It's a dumb plan, but it amounts to:

"Cast votes for a less destructive Republican. Use that to convince Trump electors to go faithless. It gets sent to the House, and they elect the less destructive Republican".

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

GlyphGryph posted:

Believe it or not this is being pushed primarily by the pro-Hillary wing of the party. It's a dumb plan, but it amounts to:

"Cast votes for a less destructive Republican. Use that to convince Trump electors to go faithless. It gets sent to the House, and they elect the less destructive Republican".
no wonder they lost, there's not even any logic in that

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

GlyphGryph posted:

This is somehow a worse plan than voting to elect Donald Trump for President.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

GlyphGryph posted:

i renounce abuela and all of her works

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

the D's really pushing for this electoral college poo poo are loving morons and are 100% playing into Trump's "everything is rigged" shtick

particularly ironic coming from the party with superdelegates

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im still all in for the real satan tho

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

like I personally think Ellison is the right choice for the job (because he represents a clear turn away from the previous DNC leadership), but it's Trumka's loving job to get out there and convince the labor movement why that is important.

Don't pay lipservice to what everyone is saying and then give a fuckin ballot that just "no vote at all" or "the guy we want you to vote for"

This is why it's super funny with all the people saying we need to welcome and embrace establishment figures that come over to our side.

As if they aren't going to keep doing their stupid rear end establishment poo poo and making themselves a liability just because they are supporting the right guy.

The whole thing is so drat stupid.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

GlyphGryph posted:

i don't believe you

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My reaction to hearing that faithless electors are pledging their support to someone other than the person who could unseat Trump must be what it felt like to be a hillaryman hearing that someone wants to vote third-party in the GE

like, your electoral-college vote is not you using your constitutional rights to express your own personal political beliefs, it's you fulfilling a constitutional duty to represent your state according to its popular vote total. If you're gonna break with tradition, do it in a way that matters and might change the outcome.

That said I guess Hillary electors going faithless to vote for Colin Powell is just funny in a "lol nothing matters" way

e:

GlyphGryph posted:

:psyduck: holy poo poo this is so dumb

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i mean imagine that plan works and then colon powell is fuckin prezident

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm 88.420% sure that they were pushing those electors to vote for hillary instead, which is also stupid (it might be stupider actually)

although if it is the plan i'm laughing because it's a different flavor of masterstroke plan used by egg mcmuffin, bernie or busters, etc

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
We're talking about a bunch of people who's first plan was to reheat 2008's leftovers in the microwave and try telling everyone it was even better this time around.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

logikv9 posted:

i don't believe you

Okay I can only speak for myself but everyone I've seen advocating the stupid plan in various places was a huge Hillary supporter back during the primaries/elections.

Or do you not believe me that the plan itself exists? Because if so you've been living under a rock and hot drat do I envy you for it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al! posted:

in meeting rooms all over the country democrats are coming together and deciding the problem with hillary is that she was too radically left-wing, and deciding they need to get back to the centrism of Obama if we're ever going to get back on top... you see when they go low.... we go high

It drives me crazy that Clinton claimed to "go high" when like 90% of her adds were just calling her opponent an bad person

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

NM

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
2016 was orchestrated by colin powell to put him back in the spotlight. colin 2020

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

GlyphGryph posted:

This is why it's super funny with all the people saying we need to welcome and embrace establishment figures that come over to our side.

As if they aren't going to keep doing their stupid rear end establishment poo poo and making themselves a liability just because they are supporting the right guy.

The whole thing is so drat stupid.

yep, if anyone listened to me (No one does) we'd entirely divest ourselves from the DNC and invest our massive, overinflated political budgets straight into organizing

Like i've said before, imagine if we spent that $500mil we wasted on Abuela during the election and used it to hire organizers to send to every state? Or used it to run pro-labor ballot initiatives or to campaign for pro-labor local and state officials?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Zikan posted:

trumka rigged the vote for keith tho

that's why it's so stupid

... that was exactly my point, yes.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

colon powell, a man hillary thought was too corrupt

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

GlyphGryph posted:

Yeah it's a pretty dumb plan, I agree. Republicans are not swayable. They will line up like pack animals behind their leader. And if they ever did choose to protest their candidate they'd probably vote for someone more terrible like Ted Cruz.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

It drives me crazy that Clinton claimed to "go high" when like 90% of her adds were just calling her opponent an bad person

you have to be up high to look down your nose at people

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
man if u thought a vote for the war was bad, howzabout this guy who was complicit in engineering it

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

logikv9 posted:

i'm 88.420% sure that they were pushing those electors to vote for hillary instead, which is also stupid (it might be stupider actually)

although if it is the plan i'm laughing because it's a different flavor of masterstroke plan used by egg mcmuffin, bernie or busters, etc

That would be even stupider, I man this plan is pretty stupid but at least it doesn't require trying to convince hardcore Republicans to support Hillary fuckin' Clinton.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

yep, if anyone listened to me (No one does) we'd entirely divest ourselves from the DNC and invest our massive, overinflated political budgets straight into organizing

Like i've said before, imagine if we spent that $500mil we wasted on Abuela during the election and used it to hire organizers to send to every state? Or used it to run pro-labor ballot initiatives or to campaign for pro-labor local and state officials?

You'd have been, depressingly, crushed by both parties.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Prav posted:

you have to be up high to look down your nose at people

yes but she does it lovingly like your abuela

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

half a billion, down the wall street toilet :cripes:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

We DO have to be nude though, the only way to fix this is by naked wrestling our way across the rust belt

Hell yeah

Re: juggalos, groups like that turds float to the top and people just see jack asses throwing bottles at concerts.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

In case anyone was wondering btw Fulchrum's post in the politoons thread was something along the lines of "if Bernie had been the nominee his feeble flabby old-man body would have crumbled under the might of Russia, Wikileaks, and the FBI"

You read that right, Bernie would have lost due to Hillary's scandals

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

dont forget the 700 or so ads run in the hyper-competitive Los Angeles market

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

You'd have been, depressingly, crushed by both parties.

nah, the big reason the GOP gets so hard on crushing labor is because of the massive amount of influence, $$$, and boots on the ground we donate to the Democrats each year

I think you could make a pretty convincing argument that if we had of divested from the D's in the 90s we would, at worst, be in the exact same position as we are now, except with a lot more cash on hand

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

but seriously :cripes: at that, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

loquacius posted:

In case anyone was wondering btw Fulchrum's post in the politoons thread was something along the lines of "if Bernie had been the nominee his feeble flabby old-man body would have crumbled under the might of Russia, Wikileaks, and the FBI"

You read that right, Bernie would have lost due to Hillary's scandals

Fulchrum says Hillary's scandals are so bad they taint other Democrats by associations, and hell, I think he's right.

• Locked thread