Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

My cousin's friend had a mental breakdown from taking too much acid. NSA spying on him, CIA out to get him, all sorts of baby's first mental breakdown. I told him that once paranoia broke someone's brain that I didn't know of a case where the brain 'un-broke' but rather just modified itself to the new existence. I told him that the best thing he could do is be a source of trusted advice and information and try to unwork the damage and get the person to calm down, and that because he was in the middle of a mental breakdown that my cousin should take him out to breakfast and force feed him comfort food.

But infowars man..inforwars....sorry but you gotta take your friend to the vet and have him put to sleep. Not sure if they ddo that where you are from but it costs $50 here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
If your friend doesn't have an actual brain problem, just encourage him to expand his media. Try suggesting some history books to him - that alone can help someone form a non-retarded understanding of modern politics and society.

When I first watched Endgame, Jones told a story about how the Rothschilds exploited a false report of Napoleon's victory at Waterloo to buy up stock in London on the cheap. A short while later I read a much earlier account of a man who did something similar but on a smaller scale (to corner a food market). Then I put two and two together and said "Oh, this is just some Elders of Zion poo poo."

History is fun and the more of it you read, the less susceptible you are to a host of conspiracy theories. Someone might argue that most of history is made up but the difference here is that Julius Caesar has nothing to gain by tricking you.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

what's the deal with the goblin thing anyway

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

phasmid posted:

If your friend doesn't have an actual brain problem, just encourage him to expand his media. Try suggesting some history books to him - that alone can help someone form a non-retarded understanding of modern politics and society.

When I first watched Endgame, Jones told a story about how the Rothschilds exploited a false report of Napoleon's victory at Waterloo to buy up stock in London on the cheap. A short while later I read a much earlier account of a man who did something similar but on a smaller scale (to corner a food market). Then I put two and two together and said "Oh, this is just some Elders of Zion poo poo."

History is fun and the more of it you read, the less susceptible you are to a host of conspiracy theories. Someone might argue that most of history is made up but the difference here is that Julius Caesar has nothing to gain by tricking you.

Your story sounds like a rough description of this event

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Stock_Exchange_Fraud_of_1814

Doesn't involve Rothschilds though but early stock markets were silly easy to manipulate and panic prone, any clever banker with international contacts would be in a good position to exploit rumor based swings

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/TrueCharLen/status/809974044200202240?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

"Ugh, how can you be woke and sit here and watch these football games??? So, here I was, watching these NFL games..."

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

Why did they lay loud-rear end music over the top of this? It adds nothing and I can't understand a drat thing he is saying. I want to hear the funny. :mad:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
if you can't hear him talking sort your sound/ears out

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

phasmid posted:

Someone might argue that most of history is made up but the difference here is that Julius Caesar has nothing to gain by tricking you.

but lil' caesars sure as hell does and they're part of the global conspiracy so

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Rangpur posted:

what's the deal with the goblin thing anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3v7nQi3OaM

More importantly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kAEoCHANYY

Goblins being a metaphor for globalists and oil executives and investments bankers, like the exact type of people trump has surrounded himself with since he won

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Greg Legg posted:

Hi,

Sorry to bump this thread from page 2, but I have a problem and I need some help. I have a friend who used to link me stuff from infowars and breitbart, but in an ironic way. About a month ago he started on this pizzagate thing and he is totally convinced that it is true and he gets pissed at me when I look at what he's linking to me and don't come to the same conclusions. Since then, he's no longer ironically reading infowars and breitbart, he is taking it seriously. He thinks Kanye West was drugged or something for speaking out against Hillary Clinton. He is now convinced that the Sandy Hook shooting didn't happen, the school was closed in 2008 and made to look like a real functioning school, and crisis actors were paid to make it look like a shooting happened. He claims that cultural marxism has taken over the schools and universities.

What I have noticed is that he is starting to act like some of these conspiracy theorists, in that in his mind he's free to throw out any claim that he wants and attack anyone, but the second I question him or call him on it, it is proof of a conspiracy, or all of a sudden HE is the one being persecuted because I don't believe him. In order to avoid that, I actually watched a 2 hour youtube video of a fat sweaty man talking about why Sandy Hook didn't happen because he got mad and called me ignorant when I said that I didn't want to watch it. He claims that he is red pilling, but it's not the MRA red pill.

Does that make sense? How do I deal with this? I suggested that he could leave behind the red pill and just be red but he said no.

Thank you.

Edit: I hope this is appropriate for the Alex Jones thread. I didn't know where to ask and all my other friends have no loving clue what to do about this guy. I figured this was a good place to ask.

Something similar happened to my friend who in the spring was mortified at the prospect of Trump and after consuming a critical mass of election conspiracy theories and drugs he went completely insane saying Hillary is the most corrupt person in human history and started threatening people IRL and is now in a mental institution lol.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Anyway there was nothing we could do to stop it like a dozen people tried really hard and patiently to reign him in.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

When did Jones get so fat? Maybe he stayed the same size but got old?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jack Gladney posted:

https://twitter.com/realalexjones/status/762070281238085632?lang=en

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
gently caress you obama

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Alex Jones will die of a heart attack. As his heart gives way to death, his last words will be "THANKS, OBAMA!!!"

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i like to fight too!

i like to eat!

i like to have children!

i've got the fire of colorectal cancer flowing through my veins!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Jack Gladney posted:

He got face fat, a sad inevitably for men in their 40s, regardless of how much they work out.

Not saying that Alex does, but he looks like one of those guys that claims that he does.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
middle age face fat is only a problem if you have a weak goober jaw like alex

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I gotta order some Super Male Vitality. You can't deny these results.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
How much longer till Alex Jones realize that deplorables, now contend, will slowly stop watching his stuff?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
how many of yall went from not having a clue about alex jones to knowing a bunch about him this year?

hes gonna do allright.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Grant DaNasty posted:

I gotta order some Super Male Vitality. You can't deny these results.

Is that a for real image he used to hock his snake oil or a parody

As amusing as conspiracists like Jones can be I don't like sharing this stuff, especially when he's hamming it up as obviously as he is in a lot of the videos posted itt. The more we share and consume this stuff, no matter how ironically, the more people like Greg Leg's friend we risk creating. Alex Jones tries hard to be entertaining, but we shouldn't allow that to blind ourselves to how reprehensible he is.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
gently caress off, his news isn't any more fake than the tripe msnbc and maddow shove down your throat

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

You gently caress off

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
no u

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

People like Alex Jones are a symptom of a deep sickness in society

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Squalid posted:

Is that a for real image he used to hock his snake oil or a parody

find out for yourself in the greatest youtube of all time,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GInZ4oQhhzE

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

proove it.

oh wait, lol, its just more fake news from smilesmileen

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Baloogan you've pickled you brain. You hiding in Canada is all the proof you need

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Baloogan posted:

gently caress off, his news isn't any more fake than the tripe msnbc and maddow shove down your throat

He sells snake oil to this same sad sick people tuning in for his rants about demons and satanic conspiracies. Exploiting schizophrenics is bad imo, but I guess that's just my opinion

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Squalid posted:

He sells snake oil to this same sad sick people tuning in for his rants about demons and satanic conspiracies. Exploiting schizophrenics is bad imo, but I guess that's just my opinion

idk guys, I guess you can be really serious about everything and give into despair

or you could watch these amazing vids and wring some joy out of how bonkers our world is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1UldUg-r4

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Baloogan you've pickled you brain. You hiding in Canada is all the proof you need

pay attention to the world around you smellian, donald trump is the next loving president, every news soruce you gobbled up told you it wasn't gonna happen, and you have the telemetry to claim hes a sickness

double dumbass on you

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

He's probably a great and enjoyable conversationalist. But yes.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Baloogan posted:

pay attention to the world around you smellian, donald trump is the next loving president, every news soruce you gobbled up told you it wasn't gonna happen, and you have the telemetry to claim hes a sickness

double dumbass on you

Lmao you're actually upset about this

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

idk guys, I guess you can be really serious about everything and give into despair

or you could watch these amazing vids and wring some joy out of how bonkers our world is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1UldUg-r4

I choose to do neither of those

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

No trump won that means you have to take me seriously! -baloogan, while throwing his Alex Jones baby book with soft chewable pages out of the pram

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
"u mad bro" is the refuge of those who got owned !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

To those of you here who have watched hours of this right wing sci-fi/fantasy alt history is Alex Jones explicitly Christian? Or has he created a secular narrative that is simply infused with the fire and brimstone reflective of the cultural Christianity of his Texas childhood? I can't quite tell from the clips I've seen:

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
alex jones is single handedly saving humanity one rant at a time. to the guy up here whos all concerned for his friend you should tune in too and break out of the matrix your friend has woken up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

He reminds me of prepper shows. If things like that are popping up spontaneously in a society, something has gone horribly wrong somewhere imo

• Locked thread