Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Oh neat, thanks for the info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

queeb posted:

is there a build/thread for this? I've got 2, going to level something with a friend soon and this sounds fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqz-kjjsxYY
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/c9q9md/characters
char = sexyvagansuperhero

this guy uses spectral throw, and that's indeed how I played it from 1-70, blade flurry is that except swap greater projectiles for inc aoe, the rest is the exact same

Ciaphas posted:

Hell, ditto. Might as well get some real proper use out of those boots :v:

I have no doubt that skyforth will make the build incredible but be aware that it'll raise the price of the rest of the items because you can't rely on boots for easy 90%+ resistances

you will save like no joke 7-8 passive points which will offset any other disadvantage though

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

this guy uses spectral throw, and that's indeed how I played it from 1-70, blade flurry is that except swap greater projectiles for inc aoe, the rest is the exact same

I have no doubt that skyforth will make the build incredible but be aware that it'll raise the price of the rest of the items because you can't rely on boots for easy 90%+ resistances

you will save like no joke 7-8 passive points which will offset any other disadvantage though
This looks...promising. And I already have one of those claws... (and one unupgraded one) Might just level with the basic versions from 22 and switch to the upgrades at 68.

Probably going to do this after I hit 90 on my totem jerk. I'll get to use that goddamn ridiculous 6l I made! :getin:

(gimme yo skyforths ciaphas)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm running a hands blade flurry build. It's very good.

Maybe I'll post a video of my incredibly average playstyle killing Atziri with it because I guess there's legitimate demand for such a thing.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Yeah I was sort of surprised on the pyre vortexer for how hard it is to get life and resists sometimes if you run too many uniques--that in fact is why I stopped using the Skyforths on her, wasn't getting enough value out of its perks

I can't look at that build guide or the tree at work, what points will it save? stun recovery nodes somewhere?

theshim posted:

(gimme yo skyforths ciaphas)

maybe when the emperor's luck gives me five mirrors sure :v:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 19, 2016

theshim
May 1, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

I can't look at that build guide or the tree at work, what points will it save? stun recovery nodes somewhere?
The build paths all the way over to Unwavering Stance along the bottom of the tree.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm debating if it's worthwhile for me to respec 11 points and get unwavering stance for the chance to swap out my ring. Valyrium is so loving bad.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
More divination cards you'll never complete

vvv 6, believe it or not. The Doctor (HH), The Fiend (Corrupted HH), Jack in the Box (random), Time-Lost Relic (random league-only), The Valkyrie (random Nemesis) and now The Wretched (belt)

The Standoff could give you a Retch :stare:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 19, 2016

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Thats what the 4th card that can give you a head hunter now? :lol:

e- 6th card.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 19, 2016

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
The Talisman card seems neat. We could always do with more talismans.

Lingering Remnants, though, 16 cards :lol:

theshim
May 1, 2012

Oh poo poo that's gonna tank Lightning Coil's valuahahahahahahahaha

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I like the Steel Boxes one. That's the first Divination card that can give a Prophecy, right?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

poemdexter posted:

Updated the privacy settings. You should be able to see the profile now I think?

holy poo poo where is the life you need life on every thing excep the weapon and the gloves (gloves should be your 4l with the firestorm until you can use a 5l chest from the gstash)

raid the gstash, farm the items yourself while levelling

why did you take the minion nodes to get to live and mana?

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
Why the hell do we need a "The Saints Treasure" card if we already have the "Hoarder".

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

peak debt posted:

Why the hell do we need a "The Saints Treasure" card if we already have the "Hoarder".

Those cards were probably bought 3 years ago and added just now

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Y'all are overlooking porcupine. A 6L low ilvl bow?

That's one hell of a boon for decay builders.

e: Sell those crude bows now folks, they won't be worth poo poo real soon.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh, so that's why Neversink highlights those.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

zxqv8 posted:

Y'all are overlooking porcupine. A 6L low ilvl bow?

That's one hell of a boon for decay builders.

e: Sell those crude bows now folks, they won't be worth poo poo real soon.

I think it's meant to be used for chance-scouring until you get a 6L quill rain. It's kind of like the Emperor of Purity giving a 6L Holy Chainmail that can be turned into a Voll's Protector.

Basically, those are items where the actual white --> unique rarity status is low value, and most of the cost comes from 6Ling it.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I think you're woefully underestimating the cost of chance scouring something. I've got a 6L spine bow back from when voltaxic was first patched in, I've dumped literal thousands of chances into it now, whatever I've got left after every league rollover. It's still blue or yellow or whatever to this day.

In the meantime, I've manually 6Led numerous things now.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
What Hauki said. I'm sure some folk will try to scour chance them, but it's clearly more geared toward those trying to make a decay build and will almost completely negate the need to highlight unlinked crude bows.

I mean, whatever. It's only like a handful of chaos (at best, if it has 6 sockets) if you sell one now, but this is just an opportunity to unload them before they're effectively worthless again. Even the most red/blue left side of the tree build gets at least 26 dex in total.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Hauki posted:

I think you're woefully underestimating the cost of chance scouring something. I've got a 6L spine bow back from when voltaxic was first patched in, I've dumped literal thousands of chances into it now, whatever I've got left after every league rollover. It's still blue or yellow or whatever to this day.

In the meantime, I've manually 6Led numerous things now.

Voltaxic is significantly more rare than Quill Rain though, which means you are much more likely to chance it. Just look at Headhunter chancing for example, most people see tons of the other common belts before they see a Headhunter.

Not that scour chance will be the right choice on this, but it could be a decent option.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
why the hell would you want a 6L voltaxic though

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Legacy version, I'm assuming.

The only Voltaxic I've ever gotten was the corrupted version from the card post-nerf :argh:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

quote:

Elemental to chaos conversion has been reduced in effectiveness. This only appears on a few items, but is a system change rather than just a change to those items. As such the items affected will not have legacy versions with old values. We have made sure these items display the correct new effective value. The values of chaos conversion on Voltaxic Rift, Infernal Mantle and The Consuming Dark uniques have been reduced to be 60% of their prior value.

Voltaxic is dead boys.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Why would they not let legacy versions exist with old values? Now I have to find a new bow for my standard sparker

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Voll's Protector rarity is pretty common, I often drop several each league, all the value in a 6L version of it is in the links themselves. I think the Quill Rain rarity has gone up a tad, but not high enough that it wouldn't be economical Chance-Scouring a 6L short bow.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Luna Was Here posted:

Why would they not let legacy versions exist with old values? Now I have to find a new bow for my standard sparker

how often do you play it

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Vasudus posted:

Voltaxic is dead boys.

Didn't that already happen? In 2.3?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Soothing Vapors posted:

Yes, I was pointing out that unlike most of their previous changes, the Chaos conversion nerf was full on.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

baram. posted:

how often do you play it

Right now, not a lot. After season end? Was probably going to take that thing to 100 and beyond

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Jusupov posted:

My hierophant with 4 non crit flameblast totems cleared Uul-Netol just fine, only had trouble with Tul with him

You running Tukohama's Fortress I assume? How do you have your character kitted out? I lost a bit of survivablity when I replaced both my shield and my ring (Essence Worm Unset Ring) at once. I feel actually a lot more solid simply because three totems is so, so much better than two. But I still feel it on a lot of bosses.

I'd post my character but everything is down for maintenance right now.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

please knock Mom! posted:

why the hell would you want a 6L voltaxic though

I don't, I've already got one from some other old league anyway. It's just idle curiosity at this point. Not like I'm going to use the orbs for anything else on std.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

Right now, not a lot. After season end? Was probably going to take that thing to 100 and beyond
I think you missed something bud

Soothing Vapors posted:

it happened like months ago

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!

one exalt and two fusings later...

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

fennesz posted:

You running Tukohama's Fortress I assume? How do you have your character kitted out? I lost a bit of survivablity when I replaced both my shield and my ring (Essence Worm Unset Ring) at once. I feel actually a lot more solid simply because three totems is so, so much better than two. But I still feel it on a lot of bosses.

I'd post my character but everything is down for maintenance right now.

Character Jusupov
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jusupov/characters

I've removed some gear from him but everything is rare and tries to have cast speed. Two wands since those are cheap and easy to get with cast speed. You can easily do everything except guardians/shaper/uber atziri/tul/chay

Just let decoy totem do everything while pizzas fill the screen, swap conc effect on bosses

I'm sure there are ways to make him better but it's gameplay for super lazy people like me, I think I reached around 5.5k life + 2k es but I wasn't really paying attention to anything

damnfan
Jun 1, 2012
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/damfan/characters

character:RubIcyHotOnIt

Which piece of gear should I change first? Deciding between my gloves, belt and boots. Belt I was thinking changing once I can use a crystal belt. Boots might be better to change first?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
gloves and helm before boots imo (I love the 41% you have there :3:)

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
After using Greengroove's for about a week and then fiddling in the filter between Neversink and Greengroove, I decided that Neversink's is much better if you just make the following adjustments in filtration:

Take Portal Scrolls and ID scrolls out of general currency, increase their size to 45, and then put it on hide (only comes up when you hit alt)
Increase augment and alteration orbs size to 45
Switch all of the black background rares to hide. You can also hide green background rares <ilvl 75 if you like.

Voila, now you have a filter that shows you only good rares with big clickable boxes for everything, a sound scheme that actually makes sense (gently caress you gg "longer = better"), and actually stays on top of the meta

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I've been using a modified version of baked chickens done by general tso's chicken. I like it for the sounds. It uses a specific sound for cards, 6 sockets, currency(except jewelers, chromes, alchs, alts, they have no sound) and bad maps vs maps you want. So when running vaal spark I can know if something I need dropped off screen based on sound. The only thing I don't like is all uniques are the same border regardless if they are good or not. But I guess that makes it more fun to not know what I go until I pick it up. Unless its something like unique occultist vestments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
What's your definition of "good rare" though? You have no way of knowing if something's going to be tripleresist etc before you identify it.

• Locked thread