Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Can't wait for celebrities to stand in front of a white backdrop to implore Joe Biden and the Democrats to somehow refuse to certify the electoral vote count or maybe ask John Roberts to take a few weeks off in mid-January

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Covok posted:

In all seriousness and with no joking, do you really believe this?

Yes. I believe that Trump was the superior choice over hillary and that overall I can respect people who voted trump over those who voted hillary.

I'd have voted Webb, I would have donated to the DNC / Webb's campaign if he ran. Instead Webb said he could vote for trump, but not vote for hillary.

I think trump was the best choice. And I really do think hes going to make america great again. And I look forward to it, and actually feel something like hope for the future.

Turdfuzz posted:

u faltered in ur faith duck

yeah, true.

I question my beliefs, and think critically about what I think is right and true. Trump had too many dealbreakers to earn my vote. Russia, his attitude towards women, his ignorance about nuclear weapons and his lack of faith.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

rear end cobra posted:

With putin trying to get the ice cream but gets shot in the back instead

the classic double cone misdirection, ambassador never had a chance

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
lol just got home and I'm gonna read all 25 pages i missed but apparently ww3 started today that's interesting :wow: :wow: and donald trump is gonna be president lmfao im barack obama's insane situation rn

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Baloogan posted:

I think trump was the best choice. And I really do think hes going to make america great again. And I look forward to it, and actually feel something like hope for the future.

what would constitute "great" to you, be as concrete as possible

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Karl Sharks posted:

nah, doesn't roll of the tongue as much imo

Let's be honest we're fumbling in the dark on this one. Trump's going to fire out a mid-poo poo tweet at 2:45 am that coins it effortlessly, like a golden angel descended from above and spat in to our collective consciousness in fewer than 140 characters

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/810953129403490304

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Karl Sharks posted:

Please stop engaging this man

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
https://twitter.com/NolteNC/status/810982074064715777

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Are we going to get another celebrity video before January 6 asking Congress not to certify today's EC count?

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Baloogan posted:

Yes. I believe that Trump was the superior choice over hillary and that overall I can respect people who voted trump over those who voted hillary.

I'd have voted Webb, I would have donated to the DNC / Webb's campaign if he ran. Instead Webb said he could vote for trump, but not vote for hillary.

yeah, true.

I question my beliefs, and think critically about what I think is right and true. Trump had too many dealbreakers to earn my vote. Russia, his attitude towards women, his ignorance about nuclear weapons and his lack of faith.

I voted for Hillary because I am pragmatic at my most base level and I couldn't vote for a guy whose relationship with women can be most charitably characterized as thinly-veiled disdain

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

crazy cloud posted:

lol just got home and I'm gonna read all 25 pages i missed but apparently ww3 started today that's interesting :wow: :wow: and donald trump is gonna be president lmfao im barack obama's insane situation rn

Barack is just hanging out taking cig breaks and not doing any actual work by now

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Karl Sharks posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/q00ge

cool post on different bodyguards over history

the magateers is a possibility, but it's french

pro read thx :thumbsup:

hoplites r cool, bring them back

somotophylakes strategou were good in RTW EB, that much i remember

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

That DICK! posted:

Please stop engaging this man

gently caress you you're not my real dad!!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Fox News: Santa isn't just white, he is a Trump voter

quote:

He is a man with a harsh and stringent code. Santa makes lists of children throughout the world and, oh no, he puts them in categories according to their behavior. He believes in accountability, but is generous of heart and of a forgiving nature. Last year can be forgotten if you were good this year. He is a man living by a code.

Santa likely wouldn’t go in for participation awards and scoreless soccer games for the kids. No, he believes in real outcomes, even in rewards and punishments. So dare we say it: Santa is a conservative.

Santa is also a hardworking guy. He’s a factory owner. Santa’s workshop (his factory) is now often portrayed as a fully mechanized production and distribution facility. He makes all his toys and candy there with the help of his elves at the North Pole. We don’t know if they’re unionized or have a good healthcare plan, but they always seem happy.

We do know he imports his goods all over the world without paying taxes or dealing with trade agreements, so he’s a free trader. His only pay is milk and cookies, so perhaps that makes it okay that he bypasses taxes and tariffs. Santa keeps reindeer. What they eat up there in all that snow and ice we don’t know. But, as a livestock owner, he is connected to the earth in a very real and manly way.

The author has quite a resume

Frank Miniter is the author of The Future of the Gun" (Regnery 2014) a book that gets to the basis of the gun issue. He is also the author of the New York Times Bestseller "The Ultimate Man’s Survival Guide" (Regnery April 14, 2009). His latest book is titled, "This Will Make a Man of You: One Man’s Search for Hemingway and Manhood in a Changing World" (November 15, 2016).

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

CubsWoo posted:

Can't wait for celebrities to stand in front of a white backdrop to implore Joe Biden and the Democrats to somehow refuse to certify the electoral vote count or maybe ask John Roberts to take a few weeks off in mid-January

And the only celeb they get is Hillary Clinton

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

zen death robot posted:

Baloogan just wants chaos

the world is broken! trump is a big fat slap to the side of the machine that we're all trapped inside of!

We might actually need a nuclear war, a new big war to fix the world! Star Trek happened in the aftermath of WWIII!

The cold war changed the world, gave purpose a big purpose to people's lives.

Stagnation, stagnation, stagnation. poo poo be stagnant yo, its a drat shame that everyone just wants to die of old age in there beds!

Lastgirl posted:

just wants?

my friend, he is an agent of chaos

and drunk shitposts

mostly the latter, fortunately

:q:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

CubsWoo posted:

Like, I don't think anyone gives a poo poo what a celebrity has to say about politics. Why do these celebrities think that anyone cares what they think about Hamilton and how things should be or whatever? Like, if you don't care about that specific celebrity already why would you care? It's like Kanyes bullshit, everyone thinks he's a clown.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Baloogan posted:

the world is broken! trump is a big fat slap to the side of the machine that we're all trapped inside of!

We might actually need a nuclear war, a new big war to fix the world! Star Trek happened in the aftermath of WWIII!

Stagnation, stagnation, stagnation. poo poo be stagnant yo, its a drat shame that everyone just wants to die of old age in there beds!

gently caress you

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Baloogan posted:

Seriously if Trump is going to rip this bandaid off then let's loving do it. I'm ready. Let's DO IT

loving DO IT NOW

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Obama should be delaying as many hard decisions with no correct answer as he possibly can to leave on Trump's desk as a welcome home turd

I can't say I care anymore that Obama's legacy is going to be trashed utterly, because he certainly doesn't seem to mind

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Baloogan posted:

his lack of faith.

our first atheist president!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

Obama should be delaying as many hard decisions with no correct answer as he possibly can to leave on Trump's desk as a welcome home turd

I can't say I care anymore that Obama's legacy is going to be trashed utterly, because he certainly doesn't seem to mind
if he did anything he campaigned on he'd actually have a legacy

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
:tif: too much dcaf posting :tif:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp7f4ldP5t8

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Fox News: Santa isn't just white, he is a Trump voter

Redundant

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Breadallelogram posted:

Evangelicals love him! TRUMP

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Epic High Five posted:

do it fuckers

don't give money to the company doing the most to validate the return of literal Nazis

loving liberal cucks

haha loser i never bothered to make a twitter account because it was stupid from the start. i also hated the confusing conversation layout and the platform trying to tout itself as something more than whatever character limited posting it is.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Feminasty Slut posted:

Evangelicals love him! TRUMP

MALIK!

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

quote:

Santa likely wouldn’t go in for participation awards and scoreless soccer games for the kids. No, he believes in real outcomes, even in rewards and punishments. So dare we say it: Santa is a conservative.

i love this talking point, no kid ever wants to get a participation trophy because they know it means you're a loving loser, they just want to go home and do something else now

it's the dumbass parents who think their kid could be the next jordan or favre that led to participation trophies being a thing cause they think that's what the kid needs to keep playing the sport competitively instead of just having fun with friends and then going to get pizza

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

donald tromp is going to lose the election bigly

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Michigan Live has an interview with Rep. Huizenga on what kind of healthcare plan he wants to see from Congress once Obamacare is gone. Highlights:

- health insurance providers are unfairly burdened, costs must be shifted to patients
- people are too quick to seek healthcare treatment, they should be forced to consider the financial consequences
- personal example: my son hurt his arm and it hurt real bad, so we put a splint on it and waited overnight to make sure it still hurt the next morning before going so far as to see a doctor

Bill Huizenga posted:

"There's definitely going to be changes in the health care delivery system," said U.S. Rep. Bill Huizenga, R-Zeeland. "We can't just continue to squeeze providers to say this is how we are going to save money. It's forcing health care providers ... into some very different actions that in most people's opinion is unhealthy."

Instead, Huizenga says more responsibility needs to shift to the shoulders of patients to reduce costs. One way to do that is having them pay a bigger share of their medical expenses by increasing their insurance deductibles and incentivizing them to use HSAs, health savings accounts, to sock away pre-tax money to pay medical bills.

"At some point or another we have to be responsible or have a part of the responsibility of what is going on," Huizenga said. "Way too often, people pull out their insurance card and they say 'I don't know the difference or cost between an X-ray or an MRI or CT Scan.' I might make a little different decision if I did know (what) some of those costs were and those costs came back to me."

The father of five offered a personal example of how this shift might play out. He says his youngest son fell and injured his arm. Not sure if it was sprained or broken, he and his wife decided to wait until the next morning to take the 10-year-old to the doctor's office, instead of going to the emergency room that night. The arm was broken.

"We took every precaution but decided to go in the next morning (because of) the cost difference," Huizenga said. "If he had been more seriously injured, we would have taken him in. ... When it (comes to) those type of things, do you keep your child home from school and take him the next morning to the doctor because of a cold or a flu, versus take him into the emergency room? If you don't have a cost difference, you'll make different decisions."
We are all so, so hosed.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Karl Sharks posted:

Better airports and roads. Everyone doing okay, not just scraping by. Profitable geopolitics, not just making neoliberals money, but profitable for all americans.

Laws being enforced. Border security. Make being an america something worth something.

When we set a 'red line' we follow through. If we say we're going to gently caress you up if you drop chemical weapons on people, then lets gently caress you up. Even if its dumb.

We get to the stars, we make mars american.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
lmao isn't one of the big reasons health care costs are so huge is people don't get things treated when they are easy and wait until they are almost dying and have to go to the hospital instead?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Baloogan posted:

cant wait to visit u in the internment camp we'll put you and your wretched kind in baloogan :) :canada:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Baloogan posted:

Better airports and roads. Everyone doing okay, not just scraping by. Profitable geopolitics, not just making neoliberals money, but profitable for all americans.

Laws being enforced. Border security. Make being an america something worth something.

When we set a 'red line' we follow through. If we say we're going to gently caress you up if you drop chemical weapons on people, then lets gently caress you up. Even if its dumb.

We get to the stars, we make mars american.
none of this is going to happen except "laws being (unfairly) enforced" and *nested explosion noises*

Stefan Prodan posted:

lmao isn't one of the big reasons health care costs are so huge is people don't get things treated when they are easy and wait until they are almost dying and have to go to the hospital instead?
yes, but lies are legal tender

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Breadallelogram posted:

Yeah :(

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Baloogan posted:

what about the machine that's being built inside of the white house? it's rather yuge

Epic High Five posted:

his last moment as president is going to be handing the figurative keys to the country to the man who called him a foreign usurper

lol @ his legacy

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

There will come soft rains and the smell of the ground,
And swallows hitting turbines with a clanging sound;

And frogs in the pools, singing at night,
Until the chemicals TURN THEM GAY, right?

Robins will wear their feathery fire,
For a microsecond in the nuclear pyre;

And not one will know of the war, not one
Will care which rear end got her done

Not one would mind, neither bird nor tree,
If mankind hosed itself utterly;

And Spring herself, when she woke at dawn,
Would wonder where winter had gone.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

It was joke but

https://twitter.com/ElBueno/status/705023396099330048?s=09

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Apraxin posted:

Michigan Live has an interview with Rep. Huizenga on what kind of healthcare plan he wants to see from Congress once Obamacare is gone. Highlights:

- health insurance providers are unfairly burdened, costs must be shifted to patients
- people are too quick to seek healthcare treatment, they should be forced to consider the financial consequences
- personal example: my son hurt his arm and it hurt real bad, so we put a splint on it and waited overnight to make sure it still hurt the next morning before going so far as to see a doctor

We are all so, so hosed.

lol, a bold made up story from the guy with 100% taxpayer covered no-deductible insurance

• Locked thread