Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

rediscover posted:

Glad you like it IT.. hell of a game. Sapienza is even better than Paris

Agreed - Sapienza is probably my favourite mission overall, in fact.
(Although Colorado is kinda fun, especially if you don't try to 'silent assassin' it and treat all the militants at the camp as hostiles and just kill/fight them instead of knocking them out or distracting them, if they're in your path. I apparently killed 130 people last time I did it, which netted me a nice zero-star score)

Also, what's this about a vampire magician outfit? This is the first I've heard of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

sadly, vampire suit isnt an unlock like the santa suit is

Laaaaaaame gently caress this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Major Isoor posted:

Agreed - Sapienza is probably my favourite mission overall, in fact.
(Although Colorado is kinda fun, especially if you don't try to 'silent assassin' it and treat all the militants at the camp as hostiles and just kill/fight them instead of knocking them out or distracting them, if they're in your path. I apparently killed 130 people last time I did it, which netted me a nice zero-star score)

Also, what's this about a vampire magician outfit? This is the first I've heard of it

It's in the attic of Paris mansion

It seems to have the same access as suit 47 but you cant get into the auction with it. It gives unique dialogue with basically every NPC in the level making fun of you or being scared by the vampire

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the nvidia shadowplay replay thing seems to work pretty well but I have no loving clue where the mic audio in this clip came from. I didn't have a mic plugged in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SxneMfSK3c

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

In Training posted:

It's in the attic of Paris mansion

It seems to have the same access as suit 47 but you cant get into the auction with it. It gives unique dialogue with basically every NPC in the level making fun of you or being scared by the vampire

Oh cool, guess I'll be loading up Paris again, when I get home. That's a shame, though - it should totally allow you to get onto the catwalk and strut around doing vampire poses, similar to when you dress up as Kruger. :D Missed opportunity!

Also, if you get the sniper rifle at the end of the Hokkaido mastery track, (don't recall the name, but it's the same one that's in the previous Hitman games) do you get it disassembled in a briefcase that you can carry around and remain incognito with? (Like in Blood Money, where 47 would take a minute to unpack and assemble the rifle when you get it out of the case)
Or is it permanently assembled, like all the other rifles in the game?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
theres no briefcase rifle, people are assuming they are saving that for the end of season 2 or 3

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hokkaido is cool. I knocked out like four people on the helipad stairwell in my first playthrough because more and more guys with new cool disguises kept stumbling into my stash of naked unconscious men. I went in as a tech guy, briefly became a pilot and left a head surgeon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did a full escalation and I like that Level 5 is basicaly just a completely different assassination. Theres so many though, its kinda overwhelming, I think Im gonna put down Paris for now and just wait for the sale. Cant wait to try out Sapienza and the other maps

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

elf help book posted:

theres no briefcase rifle, people are assuming they are saving that for the end of season 2 or 3

drat, that's unfortunate. Makes sense though I guess, to spread the goodies out across the seasons, rather than cramming all the best ones into S1. (Speaking of which, have they indicated when S2 will come out? Start of next year I'm guessing, or?)
I'm not sure what they'll add as rewards aside from the briefcase sniper rifle, though. I really hope that they add in suppressed versions the UMP, FNC (I think? The game's AR basically) and the other weapons that you can obtain in levels, as they look sooo much better than the generic-brand blocky blue rifle, SMG and shotgun.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I hate the ICA weps.. They all look the same which could be okay if they didn't look like gay blue pieces of poo poo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

I did a full escalation and I like that Level 5 is basicaly just a completely different assassination. Theres so many though, its kinda overwhelming, I think Im gonna put down Paris for now and just wait for the sale. Cant wait to try out Sapienza and the other maps

I told you what the good ones were. Some, uh, keen people made a spreadsheet of quality too

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dXItqz9GajHQUdVTro6foqSdrhpW32CbmKWpEnq-Axo/edit#gid=2063983274

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

paris and sapienza have a ton of escalations and the other maps hardly have any, cuz they were earlier in the season so more have had time to come out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh they added more escalations over time? That's cool. I hope season 2 doesn't start soon because I wanna digest all this Content. I'll probably definitely buy the S2 pass though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Oh they added more escalations over time? That's cool. I hope season 2 doesn't start soon because I wanna digest all this Content. I'll probably definitely buy the S2 pass though

they put up new stuff every week, its nuts, and next month is another entire bonus mission

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

if its more of the same ya im paying full price for season 2

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't really like the challenges they add that you can only complete in user-made contracts. Some of them are probably cool I guess but there's no way to filter them by rating or anything and I'm not playing lovely fan missions just to tick off a "snipe 5 guys" box

It doesn't matter really but I was excited for the master sniper challenges :(

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't really like the challenges they add that you can only complete in user-made contracts. Some of them are probably cool I guess but there's no way to filter them by rating or anything and I'm not playing lovely fan missions just to tick off a "snipe 5 guys" box

It doesn't matter really but I was excited for the master sniper challenges :(

it was kinda lame but it got me thinking and i went and did the sniper assassin challenge in sapienza afterwards because of it, so im glad they put that out

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i started an escalation mission and one of the items it turned on is that between the killing the first and second target, you must kill at least 1 person per minute or you fail

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
gonna play this in a little bit. seeing in training already at max mastery on paris when i've logged 30+ hours and am only at like 3-4ish on every level makes me feel like a noob. time to take my time and do some cool challenges + escalations. anyone have any escalations in mind that are especially cool ?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

rediscover posted:

gonna play this in a little bit. seeing in training already at max mastery on paris when i've logged 30+ hours and am only at like 3-4ish on every level makes me feel like a noob. time to take my time and do some cool challenges + escalations. anyone have any escalations in mind that are especially cool ?
Gladwyn in Sapienza, Videl and Kerner in Paris

the Colorado one sounds cool but I'm too stupid to get past the second level lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

sale http://www.gamestop.com/pc/dlc/hitman-upgrade-pack/128559

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Why is it so cheap from gamestop?

edit: wtf the whole game is only 14.99

Elusif fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Dec 20, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

omg awesome. Got everything for 13 bucks, christmas comes early

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

yes, good work elf help book

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

someone at my work put a dishwasher tablet in the coffee machine this morning. Was this a Hitman assassination attempt

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thats hosed up

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Why is it so cheap from gamestop?

edit: wtf the whole game is only 14.99

i dunno, i got it for $15 there at thanksgiving and they took it down like 15 minutes later

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posting his earnest, detailed appreciation for games as he discovers them is one of my favourite parts of the Zone and I'm genuinely excited to see what he thinks of Sapienza

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

In Training posting his earnest, detailed appreciation for games as he discovers them is one of my favourite parts of the Zone and I'm genuinely excited to see what he thinks of Sapienza

Booting it up now with some coffee

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually with that upgrade pass you can't install episoes individually so I have to wait for this enormous patch to download

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just realized something. I should have been playing hitman games forever because my favorite part of MGS4 is act III where you tail that guy in europe and thats basically what hitman is but a whole series

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I realized that because the mission set up in Sapienza is that this guy is making foxdie

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

holy crap 62 gigs

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

I realized that because the mission set up in Sapienza is that this guy is making foxdie
there are loads of video game mentions in Sapienza. There's a guy in the middle of the street playing Pokemon Go for some reason, it's not even a joke reference

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

holy crap 62 gigs

looking forward to having seasons 1 2 and 3 all installed and taking up an entire hard drive

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to kill the therapist and eventually I did by just pushing himofff the ledge in broad daylight and hiding in a dumpster until people forgot about me and then taking his clothes. THat was a fun kill on silvio and as I left his private quarters the lady was in the next room by herself for some reason so I just walked in, snapper her neck and moved downstairs. Destroying the virus was kind of a pain and I wonder how in the world you can do that suit only. There must be a way to clear the lab or something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also feel like I missed 80% of the map but thats what mastery is for :D

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to kill the therapist and eventually I did by just pushing himofff the ledge in broad daylight and hiding in a dumpster until people forgot about me and then taking his clothes. THat was a fun kill on silvio and as I left his private quarters the lady was in the next room by herself for some reason so I just walked in, snapper her neck and moved downstairs. Destroying the virus was kind of a pain and I wonder how in the world you can do that suit only. There must be a way to clear the lab or something
you doint need to go into the lab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

you doint need to go into the lab

Ooooo interesting

• Locked thread