Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Juggalos have more sex than like 90% of the population, I think it's similar to high school/college band where if you put a bunch of weird outcasts in an all inclusive group they start loving like rabbits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

bump_fn posted:

say what you will about hillary but she sure isn't going to be president lmao

Hillary 2020! She won't take no for an answer!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

bump_fn posted:

say what you will about hillary but she sure isn't going to be president lmao

what is she going to be?

tell me i have to know of her fate, please

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Lastgirl posted:

what is she going to be?

The democratic nominee in 2020

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Lastgirl posted:

what is she going to be?

The two-thousand and twenty democratic nominee for president of the united states of America.

Edit: drat beat to it

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

MaxxBot posted:

The Hillary social media team already found new work.

https://twitter.com/MTVNews/status/810960588973035520

I can't wait for Trump to win in 4 years because the left ends up embittering the progressive white boys

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lastgirl posted:

what is she going to be?

a loser of the 2020 presidential election

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
*reposts that picture of the fat juggalo girl and her baby casket for the 27 billionth time*

TIME PASSES

*extremely not getting it voice* good lord i have no idea why people in poorer rural areas are pro life

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The Democrats: these clown people are getting rear end on the reg apparently

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The Democrats: these clown people are rear end on the reg

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Champion of progress MTV

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jonny 290 posted:

*reposts that picture of the fat juggalo girl and her baby casket for the 27 billionth time*

TIME PASSES

*extremely not getting it voice* good lord i have no idea why people in poorer rural areas are pro life

when i was a shithead kid the poisoned womb front pages funny

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
MTV News publishes Ezekiel Kweku, who is good.

He's @TheShrillest on twitter.

Other than that pretty sure it's all trash.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Lastgirl posted:

what is she going to be?

to blame

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bump_fn posted:

to blame

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Jonny 290 posted:

TIME PASSES

OK trap sprung or whatever but how does your baby dying make you "pro life" (anti-abortion)?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Elephant Ambush posted:

OK trap sprung or whatever but how does your baby dying make you "pro life" (anti-abortion)?

infant and child mortality is sky loving high in flyovers and a lot of southerners/poor whites have had a baby die or a close family member that had a baby die, and they do not understand how somebody could willingly do that

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Elephant Ambush posted:

U see that pic and recognize what a great tlife that baby would have had and what a contribution to society has been lost

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Jonny 290 posted:

infant and child mortality is sky loving high in flyovers and a lot of southerners/poor whites have had a baby die or a close family member that had a baby die, and they do not understand how somebody could willingly do that
pretty much this, and this is mostly because good health care is incredibly hard to reach, let alone obtain in the first place

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I never noticed before how much the casket looks like a styrofoam cooler

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I just watched Requiem for an American Dream and it was good. It made me worry less about trump because it's clear we're all hosed no matter what.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

GlyphGryph posted:

The democratic nominee in 2020

http://i.imgur.com/55vdGJy.mp4

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

the ultimate irony is that these are also the people to be negatively affected by a Trump presidency the most.

the amount of buyer's remorse we're going to get to watch over the next 4 years will be amazing

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

going to confirm this in general. the most staunch anti-abortion people I know are people who had the very real misfortune of a miscarriage or stillbirth. it's even made me extremely uncomfortable with the practice over the years, even if my stance on it as a woman's right remains unchanged.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

the ultimate irony is that these are also the people to be negatively affected by a Trump presidency the most.

the amount of buyer's remorse we're going to get to watch over the next 4 years will be amazing

i aint exactly got a bunch of crosstabs open here in front of me but id be willing to bet that, broadly speaking, juggalos and those predisposed to juggalo-in' dont vote

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

theres a will theres moe posted:

I never noticed before how much the casket looks like a styrofoam cooler

[Morpheusly] what if I told you

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

paranoid randroid posted:

i aint exactly got a bunch of crosstabs open here in front of me but id be willing to bet that, broadly speaking, juggalos and those predisposed to juggalo-in' dont vote

he's referring to poor people in flyovers

pearl-clutching coastal liberals will be fine lol

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
for all the talk of how the working class votes from this year, by and large the wroking class doesnt

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Nah, anything bad that happens and can't be straight-up denied will just get blamed on poors, browns, liberals.

The Bush administration would have been so great without those latent Clinton recessions.

You're dealing with brainwashing/tribalism. It's tempting just to join 'em.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

bump_fn posted:

he's referring to poor people in flyovers

pearl-clutching coastal liberals will be fine lol

yeah no poo poo genius

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

also the pearl clutcher wealth class mostly voted for trump, something a lot of people don't like to admit because it fucks over the "poors are racsexist" narrative

Bill Buckner
Aug 14, 2005
Considering the wait times and availability hours for some locations, I can't really begrudge working class people who decide not to vote.

Hard to get pumped up to stand in a long rear end line after or in between working.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bill Buckner posted:

Considering the wait times and availability hours for some locations, I can't really begrudge working class people who decide not to vote.

Hard to get pumped up to stand in a long rear end line after or in between working.

More states should allow mail in voting.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Bill Buckner posted:

whoa r u saying voter suppression works? hosed up if true

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
realtalk its kind of obnoxious when people handwave coastal voters as being coddled pearl-clutchers, as if a lot of them arent in just as tenuous a position as heartland trump voters

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
And also while I agree that it's lovely to take a dump on poor people for being poor, and while I want our government and society to help them, I'm really confused as to how shitloads of people in here now seem to be giving bigotry a pass because poverty and/or straight-up claiming that poor rural people have never been bigots of any kind ever. Because I grew up in a poor rural town and I can safely say that visiting for the holidays has shown me that there is still tons of bigotry in these places. There's toxic masculinity all over the place and there are plenty of people in favor of Trump's stupid loving wall idea (but totally for border security reasons and not racism at all oh heavens no).

I keep reading tons of people saying that we can do economic and social justice at the same time (and I agree), but now nobody seems to think it's a good idea to remind bigots that it's not cool to be a bigot and hey maybe think about re-considering some of those bigoted ideas.

Yes I want these people to have jobs and good wages and affordable, quality health care (ideally single-payer). I don't want anyone to suffer in poverty or to live paycheck to paycheck. And yes I get that you can't get them to vote for you by sneering at them. However there are ways to talk about racism and bigotry that are not sneering or condescending and this idea that criticizing bigotry is something that only the $150k/yr+ ivory tower liberal elite class does (and that it's somehow a bad thing now) is kinda ridiculous.

I mean seriously the meta argument I'm seeing is "we can do economic and social justice at the same time BUT for now we have to make sure to never hurt the feelings of bigots which means that we're not actually going to work on social justice at all (sorry BLM protesters who get run over in the streets while bigots cheer, we need the votes of the cheering bigots)"

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

realtalk its kind of obnoxious when people handwave coastal voters as being coddled pearl-clutchers, as if a lot of them arent in just as tenuous a position as heartland trump voters

Sorry I wasn't specific the implicit meaning of "pearl clutchers" was that they're rich enough that they'll be fine

I'm not pretending there's no working class in cities

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Because its pretty loving hard to care about anyone elses poo poo when you're 1 missed paycheck away from living in the streets. This is a feeling a whole bunch of people can relate to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Elephant Ambush posted:

And also while I agree that it's lovely to take a dump on poor people for being poor, and while I want our government and society to help them, I'm really confused as to how shitloads of people in here now seem to be giving bigotry a pass because poverty and/or straight-up claiming that poor rural people have never been bigots of any kind ever. Because I grew up in a poor rural town and I can safely say that visiting for the holidays has shown me that there is still tons of bigotry in these places. There's toxic masculinity all over the place and there are plenty of people in favor of Trump's stupid loving wall idea (but totally for border security reasons and not racism at all oh heavens no).

I keep reading tons of people saying that we can do economic and social justice at the same time (and I agree), but now nobody seems to think it's a good idea to remind bigots that it's not cool to be a bigot and hey maybe think about re-considering some of those bigoted ideas.

Yes I want these people to have jobs and good wages and affordable, quality health care (ideally single-payer). I don't want anyone to suffer in poverty or to live paycheck to paycheck. And yes I get that you can't get them to vote for you by sneering at them. However there are ways to talk about racism and bigotry that are not sneering or condescending and this idea that criticizing bigotry is something that only the $150k/yr+ ivory tower liberal elite class does (and that it's somehow a bad thing now) is kinda ridiculous.

I mean seriously the meta argument I'm seeing is "we can do economic and social justice at the same time BUT for now we have to make sure to never hurt the feelings of bigots which means that we're not actually going to work on social justice at all (sorry BLM protesters who get run over in the streets while bigots cheer, we need the votes of the cheering bigots)"

Tldr this please this is cspam not the model in

• Locked thread