Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

If they had announced when they were releasing pc revelator just one week earlier I wouldnt have burned money on this game. :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Dias posted:

Ryu is gonna be the biggest rear end in a top hat right now.

Playing Ryu after trying to make an honest go of other chars in this game feels like being Goku and dropping your 2000 pound pajamas and bracelets. Everyone else is a goddamn struggle and then I go back to shoto-town and I've got alright buttons, real combos, dp's for wake up and anti-air, fireballs and the second they respect any of that poo poo you throw them and when they respect the throw you hit em with a V-Trigger combo.

I can only do half that poo poo competently and everytime I switch over I can push my LP past any other char I try to main.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
too bad playing ryu in this game is a depressing experience

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
wtf is oki

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
It's so weird to put up with this game when we've been flooded with fighting game options since like 2013/14

you've got little excuse to play something you don't like unless you MUST enter huge tournaments/ have a lovely scene.

Like for casual play there is like a new game to play every other month.

It's very much you like sf5 or don't at this point.

"it's bad but better" still means just play something else and that you're part of the problem of good games dying short deaths.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Madcosby posted:

wtf is oki

it's when you knock someone down and then give them a bad day while they are standing back up.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Madcosby posted:

wtf is oki

In simplest terms someone will likely no doubt disagree with,

options you have against someone you've just knocked down to further put them into more pressure.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
you can learn about oki and other important fighting game terms by playing the sfvi tutorial, coming in 2021

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I like SFV

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

interrodactyl posted:

The only things that don't feel that way from what I can recall:

Frustrating people with FANGS zoning
Giefs v-skill
Uriens Speedo

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

The leaked season 2 stuff is a red herring. The real patch wipes the game and installs EX2 Plus over it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

at this point it almost feels like capcom is sabotaging this series on purpose.

I mean, the playerbase complains that the game is boring, many many pro-players complain that the game is boring, and capcom responds by making it more boring.

what is even loving going on here?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

interrodactyl posted:

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

I mean, the playerbase complains that the game is boring, many many pro-players complain that the game is boring, and capcom responds by making it more boring.

what is even loving going on here?

this is not what is happening, though
the consistent line is that the gameplay is the best ever and everything else is butts so clearly only the competitive community is enjoying the game

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i took a long break from this game bcz i didnt like it but i came back and its p good, not the best sf

whats the best way to get fight money again? I've literally done nothing besides a few of the trials and multiplayer

why is my "story mode" greyed out? is it worth fight money?

ps i played ryu now i play birdie. i hate his character art but love his kit. nothing upsets people more than reading a jump and grabbing them with an air chain

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I think you have to download the story addon from the store, it's free

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

InnercityGriot posted:

This dude is posting all the early changelogs, some characters are getting new moves apparently.
https://twitter.com/OminousGames

Those karin changes can get hosed, good thing I already uninstalled this to make room for good games.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Official patch notes

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2016/12/19/welcome-to-season-2-of-street-fighter-v

ROFL Octopus fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 20, 2016

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Direct Input controller support

We are happy to announce that Street Fighter V on Steam now officially supports Direct Input controllers. You’ll find this in the Other Settings section of Options.

what why in options

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
jfc 92 pages of character changes

why

you don't need that much poo poo

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
this is the most unexciting changelog i've ever seen tbh

it's actually very tiresome to read too

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/basgrospoing/status/810905179537149956

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
I went through about half the list and saw a poo poo ton of nerfs for everybody. Good game

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Carew posted:

I went through about half the list and saw a poo poo ton of nerfs for everybody. Good game

There's so many actual things to complain about with this game, why do people need to go straight towards this disingenuous poo poo posting?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

parameters have been adjusted

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pomp posted:

jfc 92 pages of character changes

why

you don't need that much poo poo

Wait this isn't an exaggeration wtf

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

parameters have been revised

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Kinda impressed they kept it down to only 90-some

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Outstanding!

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

why do they think air target combos are good options for characters who have poor anti air options.

"they keep jumping at me, so I'll jump to use my anti air target combo"

:saddowns:

what?

Like as an sf4 juri, i love my air to airs, but I don't want them as my only anti air option

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

SectumSempra posted:

why do they think air target combos are good options for characters who have poor anti air options.

"they keep jumping at me, so I'll jump to use my anti air target combo"

:saddowns:

what?

this isn't a bad thing

not every char needs good AA options

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im all the birdie damage nerfs for no reason irl

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The juri changes are like, reduced damage, increased stun and changed her dp input to punch. And then they just have a line that says "more air combo options" so maybe that will actually be interesting

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the characters i play got a lot better in every way. a+ patch

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

push the whole game into the piss mud, just drown it under a layer of muck and boredom and sadness, it's not worse it's just different

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

cams posted:

the characters i play got a lot better in every way. a+ patch

i'm p. sure people are going to make laura the new pariah char in s2

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Did fang really need reduced damage?

Did rashid need ANY damage reduced?

Why is damage being lowered at all?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SectumSempra posted:

Did fang really need reduced damage?

Did rashid need ANY damage reduced?

Why is damage being lowered at all?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

The balrog stuff is mostly buffs :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
To be fair, although i dont want to cry about nerfs that blog post makes everything sound like a positive, even if it isnt.

For example:
Necalli

Parameters for all of Necalli's main moves have been revised. Opening Dagger can only be charged while V-Trigger is active, giving him a wider range of offensive options.

How does limiting an attack (an overhead, apparently, no one calls it "opening dagger") only during V-Trigger give a wider range of offensive options?