Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Addamere posted:

In which I become a Teemo main. This guy is fun. Why did no one tell me? Does the goon who has the summoner name Eat Pray Teemo still post here?
Teemo fuckin owns where have you been since 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Methanar posted:

What was the crazy garbage.

just some weirdo doxing thing

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Lovechop posted:

just some weirdo doxing thing

I'd like to take notes.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
teemo jungle boys

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Methanar posted:

I'd like to take notes.

Use panoramic view to get a full 360 image of their house

if you use a drone you can ghost their roaming choices without needing to play on your muted laptop outside their window

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
How do you downgrade your client? It's basically locked itself up whenever I have to ban/pick a champ in draft mode. ARAMs are fine but everything else :(

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I have absolutely killed illaois while they were ulting and been killed as illaoi while ulting.

Yeah my bad, it doesn't dodge damage, just some types of CC.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tired Moritz posted:

How do you downgrade your client? It's basically locked itself up whenever I have to ban/pick a champ in draft mode. ARAMs are fine but everything else :(

For the new client at least make sure you enable "Low Spec Mode" in the confiuration cog in the upper right corner, and also "Disable Animations". That should make it slightly better and potentially even usable in non-ARAM champ select.

Barring that, to use the legacy client you need to click on the button in the lower right corner of the client's login screen, it should say "Launch Legacy Client"

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Servaetes posted:

I dunno, he's been around for two years and I think the depth of what he can do should be really well understood at this point. I think complaining about his kit is moot as there's a few windows of him being strong in a fight and others where he's clearly pretty weak.

I think the bulk of my complaints will be resolved eventually. Either Armor itemization gets a good look at or they figure out how to make AP picks more appealing to discourage a 3AD comp

I mostly mean it in terms of I think he should never have been made and he hosed up the meta.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Re: Yasuo, he was balanced for most of season 4 & 5 and generally had to go mid lane because of his abusable laning phase which made it harder to fit him into teamcomps. The new masteries and reworked Phantom Dancer have made his laning and early game a lot better which as far as i can tell is why he's had a resurgence in season 6/7. Maybe he got a buff somewhere along the way too, I forget. I don't think there's anything inherently unbalanceable about his kit, but being essentially an ADC he's very sensitive to systems/itemization changes.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Tales of Woe posted:

Yeah my bad, it doesn't dodge damage, just some types of CC.

Does it actually dodge CC, or does it just have a long animation that completes whether or not she gets CCed in the middle of it? Because lots of abilities do the latter.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
why would anyone willingly participate in a client beta? lol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Che Delilas posted:

Does it actually dodge CC, or does it just have a long animation that completes whether or not she gets CCed in the middle of it? Because lots of abilities do the latter.

For all intents and purposes that's basically a CC dodge. Like if you stun Trynd mid spin, a chunk of the duration will be spent during a period where he couldn't do anything else anyways + is escaping

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Tales of Woe posted:

Re: Yasuo, he was balanced for most of season 4 & 5 and generally had to go mid lane because of his abusable laning phase which made it harder to fit him into teamcomps. The new masteries and reworked Phantom Dancer have made his laning and early game a lot better which as far as i can tell is why he's had a resurgence in season 6/7. Maybe he got a buff somewhere along the way too, I forget. I don't think there's anything inherently unbalanceable about his kit, but being essentially an ADC he's very sensitive to systems/itemization changes.

There's a huge difference between balanced (50% win rate) and well designed (both fun to play and fun to play against). Every champion can be brought to 50% win rate easily enough. Champions like Yasuo, Azir, Kalista, Fizz and Lee are fundamentally irredeemable designs because they can never be both 50% win rate and fun to play against.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

K8.0 posted:

There's a huge difference between balanced (50% win rate) and well designed (both fun to play and fun to play against). Every champion can be brought to 50% win rate easily enough. Champions like Yasuo, Azir, Kalista, Fizz and Lee are fundamentally irredeemable designs because they can never be both 50% win rate and fun to play against.

You leave Lee Sin out of this, he's still the best champion in the game

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

The Mash posted:

You leave Lee Sin out of this, he's still the best champion in the game

Lee Sin should never have gotten into the game. His kit has way too much poo poo in it, especially compared to champions at the time and he more less ruined jungle for a long time.

He's an example of champion that causes so many other bad things to happen. It like Zed and Yas have both broken midlane.

Also now that like every champion has some kind of movement ability.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Lee is fine whenever E isn't his primary build/focus. Release and a few patches afterwards he was torturous to deal with because he didnt even have to nail his Q on you, just get in range for a hilariously strong and crippling slow nuke.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

Lee is fine whenever E isn't his primary build/focus. Release and a few patches afterwards he was torturous to deal with because he didn't even have to nail his Q on you, just get in range for a hilariously strong and crippling slow nuke.

His kit has way too much poo poo into it, and like some of it isn't obvious at all, like his ult doing execute damage (or that he gets execute damage on a low cd)

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

His kit has way too much poo poo into it, and like some of it isn't obvious at all, like his ult doing execute damage (or that he gets execute damage on a low cd)

Lee ult absolutely does not have an execute lol

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

nomadologique posted:

why would anyone willingly participate in a client beta? lol

On the old client the profile page would just straight up stop working for me after a couple games until I restarted the client, so I switched to the beta client. It fixed the problem, but now after a couple games the champion select sounds of the beta client start to distort and get worse every time I enter champ select and eventually just sounds like farts every time someone picks/bans a champ until I restart the client. I think the new bug is better, personally

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

That's on his Q. His ult just has a high base.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Oh right, my bad. It's still loving dumb.

Also non-mana champions are all terrible balance issues that have all been really bad for the game, but especially ones with no secondary resource to manage at all.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

henkman posted:

On the old client the profile page would just straight up stop working for me after a couple games until I restarted the client, so I switched to the beta client. It fixed the problem, but now after a couple games the champion select sounds of the beta client start to distort and get worse every time I enter champ select and eventually just sounds like farts every time someone picks/bans a champ until I restart the client. I think the new bug is better, personally

For me i get this weird thing where random chunks of the new client just have this wall of black over them during champ select or when just idling, you can get rid of most of it just by mousing over it but it's still kind of weird.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
The new client is total poo poo, they should've worked harder to keep the previous champ select imo

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

henkman posted:

i wish my client did this every time we picked an all-AD comp. but, you know, on purpose.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/6EEk9efX-musings-on-fun-and-clunkiness?comment=00000000

apparently lee and yasuo are being looked at, so i assume they won't get any meaningful nerfs and will just see slight damage reductions. I find it silly that they almost never simply "roll back" buffs to figure out a good place for a champ. for example, lee's last buff was to his W lifesteal, if I am not mistaken.

at any rate, the jungle is too easy and gives even more XP / gold than last year so i'm not sure what a good direction for balance is.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

stump collector posted:

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/6EEk9efX-musings-on-fun-and-clunkiness?comment=00000000

apparently lee and yasuo are being looked at, so i assume they won't get any meaningful nerfs and will just see slight damage reductions. I find it silly that they almost never simply "roll back" buffs to figure out a good place for a champ. for example, lee's last buff was to his W lifesteal, if I am not mistaken.

at any rate, the jungle is too easy and gives even more XP / gold than last year so i'm not sure what a good direction for balance is.

Dragon Rage is already getting an enormus chunk of base damage taken out at every rank which is good because it's easy damage and really high to begin with.

Yasuo is probably going to just get his base stats nerfed so his early laning is weaker since none of his skills are terribly problematic.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Firebert posted:

Dragon Rage is already getting an enormus chunk of base damage taken out at every rank which is good because it's easy damage and really high to begin with.

Yasuo is probably going to just get his base stats nerfed so his early laning is weaker since none of his skills are terribly problematic.

That's a good change, Lee ult has always had like 4x the damage of other ults for no particular reason and I don't know why it took them this long to touch it given how many nerfs he's gotten.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

henkman posted:

lmao

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Is win rate really the best end-all indicator of balance though?

Lee, Nid, and Ekko come to mind as champions that take a lot of practice and good mechanical skill to even be decent at, but can be completely overwhelming to play against in the hands of a good player.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

nerf lee sin into the ground and he will still rise like the sun worlds 2017

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Oh right, my bad. It's still loving dumb.

Also non-mana champions are all terrible balance issues that have all been really bad for the game, but especially ones with no secondary resource to manage at all.

A lot of mana-using champions have such light mana usage now that they might as well not have it at all. Especially noticable on any top laner that's been reworked in the past year or 2. Fiora can Q you on cooldown for ages without running out, Darius and Poppy are almost as bad.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Lee Sin would honestly be a lot stronger if he used mana, so would Shen

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Tales of Woe posted:

A lot of mana-using champions have such light mana usage now that they might as well not have it at all. Especially noticable on any top laner that's been reworked in the past year or 2. Fiora can Q you on cooldown for ages without running out, Darius and Poppy are almost as bad.
See: Camille, who might as well just not have mana.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

stump collector posted:

They should ditch life on smite and heal plants and just let that sit for a patch cycle and see how it feels. Might need to hit xp too but maybe not.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

LegalPad posted:

Is win rate really the best end-all indicator of balance though?

Lee, Nid, and Ekko come to mind as champions that take a lot of practice and good mechanical skill to even be decent at, but can be completely overwhelming to play against in the hands of a good player.

Popular high-floor high-ceiling champions like Lee Sin and Yasuo and Nidalee are probably too strong at 50% global winrate, since if the average player is doing fine on them then the people with good mechanics are steamrolling, and those are the people the champ has to be balanced for.

I don't think Ekko's anywhere near the top tier of difficulty, he doesn't require much micro, just timing.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

They should ditch life on smite and heal plants and just let that sit for a patch cycle and see how it feels. Might need to hit xp too but maybe not.

Yeah let's make jungle champ options even smaller.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think the worst part about Yasou is honestly just that he has no meaningful resource conservation. He has cooldowns but they never feel very punishing except for maybe wind wall. His kit is overloaded and he has no real costs for it which both trivialize his build paths and leave it feels aggravating when he can basically act constantly in-lane without having to consider much of anything.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Che Delilas posted:

She can't be displaced while in her ult animation. No idea what happens if you azir wall through her while she's ulting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How does she interact with Urgot R

• Locked thread