Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Kephael posted:

I wouldn't take a software developer seriously if they came dressed in a suit. In fact, I'd think there were serious culture issues in the environment if they came overly dressed.

Yes. But the devs I know and have worked with wear casual shirts and jeans that they purchased this century, not ridiculously oversized castoffs from Styx's roadies on the Come Sail Away tour.

I'm letting it go now, though.

The Titanic posted:

Be sure to mix it up a bit next time.

Asking if a person is heated bread is obviously a no answer. You should instead ask if one of his many aliases that he goes by in online communities happens to be named "Toast". And to keep it easy, you don't even need to imply any specific community. Baby steps. :)

This sounds like the beginning of a logic puzzle. "Toast never tells the truth. Crumpet lies on alternate Thursday. Scone always tells the truth, but answers in the form of a question."

AlbieQuirky fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

Finally looked up what the gently caress mega map is:

mega map is the technique to stay in the game and do not load between matches or changing between arc corp, your hangar, arena commander. everything is on one mega map. streaming in and no loading screens needed.

All issues with cig aside. That would never work in a million years

How in earth are they going to load 100s of gigs of map at one time , seamlessly

As it is just one of their planets was like 20gb or something I seem to remember ?

Go drat crobblers you total and complete idiot

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Xaerael posted:

HoHoHo, what's this I see? SELF ARCHERING now at CIG?

This is what happens when they hire the guy who's claim to font heroics was "Racecar.ttf".

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Cymelion does actually have something wrong with him doesn't he? No one is that passionate and deluded about a non-existent computer game unless they have real mental issues going on.

Fake E. Actually... I've just figured it out! Cymelion is actually in love with Star Citizen! I was trying to think of the only other times I've known people refuse to acknowledge or wilfully misinterpret facts that are right in front of them clear as day and that's it.

New tag added

...also mental issues.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

This ship is ugly as gently caress, even by Star Citizen standards

Are the glowing targets where you're supposed to shoot it with your nerf guns?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Xaerael posted:

I did a photoshop joke response to this, but it's so disrespectful I felt like I couldn't post it. =(

Post the post :devil:

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Yes. But the devs I know and have worked with wear casual shirts and jeans that they purchased this century, not ridiculously oversized castoffs from Styx's roadies on the Come Sail Away tour.

I'm letting it go now, though.

This sounds like the beginning of a logic puzzle. "Toast never tells the truth. Crumpet lies on alternate Thursday. Scone always tells the truth, but answers in the form of a question."

Meh I'm less picky on this particular front. The better your social skills the worse you are with technology as a general rule.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Hello everyone, please take a break from reading a million words on the game you dislike, and obsessively following people all day on the internet.
You guys doxxed several people, its really insane. You had a mod doxxing someone and instead of reporting it you people said stuff like

BUCKSHOT CURES SHITIZENS posted:

yeah, gently caress that human being. Good riddance. Im cooking up some hellacious winsauce gifs about star citizen after watching that bitch doing pr for 4 full hours. I want to stick a knife in her dunb rear end face.

Therapist49 posted:

i hope she gets raped, dumb retard shitizen. Anyway lmfao at the projected logarithmic decline in the delta of donations. Holy gently caress, i cant believe star citizen is so incompetent

Thecakeisalie42 posted:

hahaha holy poo poo, we should murder her, i got her adress here, just post hour and date on the discord. Also i was watching basketball the other day and the way ginobilli fumbled the pass reminded me of star citizen, it was exactly like it anyone else notice it?

these and many more can be found around the time the doxxing happened and its frankly insane people would consider harming others over a videogame. You people are legitimately mentally ill, and must seek help immediately.
Stop doxxing people, stop sending death threats, stop obsessively reading 60000000 words posts of the game you hate on reddit, stop trying to rationalize these things as some sort of perverted sense of justice because someone has the wrong opinion on videogames.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sappo569 posted:

How in earth are they going to load 100s of gigs of map at one time , seamlessly

As it is just one of their planets was like 20gb or something I seem to remember ?

It doesn't need to be all loaded at once because it will stream from the cloud.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

All of my burgers do too. Sometimes pickled, sometimes just roasted. Burgers without beets are a shell, hollow like death.

Are we really going to let our children see this filth?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

nawledgelambo posted:

Post the post :devil:

Fiiiiine.

No disrespect to any religious groups.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

*waving hands* We just need to overlay some refactored code on it and then the mesh will expedite the cloud formation yarp de woo.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Xaerael posted:

Fiiiiine.

I am a jew and approve this jpg

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

When did Derek Smart ever claim to work for the FBI? Or was this another thing the retardos made up in their heads? Also lol, 99% sure there's no law against saying "if you think there's a crime contact the police" at all.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

It doesn't need to be all loaded at once because it will stream from the cloud.

Ok I'm no cryengine super dev, but if you stream something doesn't that just mean you download it in bits and bites as opposed to the whole thing at once ?

So your Internet connection would be constantly maxed out trying to keep up with the game ?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wrecked Angle posted:

Cymelion does actually have something wrong with him doesn't he? No one is that passionate and deluded about a non-existent computer game unless they have real mental issues going on.

Fake E. Actually... I've just figured it out! Cymelion is actually in love with Star Citizen! I was trying to think of the only other times I've known people refuse to acknowledge or wilfully misinterpret facts that are right in front of them clear as day and that's it.

New tag added

...also mental issues.

A while back (like a year or two) he tried implying I was an awful person IRL because I criticized a video game. The dude is just a retard.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

ArfJason posted:

Hello everyone, please take a break from reading a million words on the game you dislike, and obsessively following people all day on the internet.
You guys doxxed several people, its really insane. You had a mod doxxing someone and instead of reporting it you people said stuff like

these and many more can be found around the time the doxxing happened and its frankly insane people would consider harming others over a videogame. You people are legitimately mentally ill, and must seek help immediately.
Stop doxxing people, stop sending death threats, stop obsessively reading 60000000 words posts of the game you hate on reddit, stop trying to rationalize these things as some sort of perverted sense of justice because someone has the wrong opinion on videogames.

agreed

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Sappo569 posted:

Ok I'm no cryengine super dev, but if you stream something doesn't that just mean you download it in bits and bites as opposed to the whole thing at once ?

So your Internet connection would be constantly maxed out trying to keep up with the game ?

I think it means streaming from hd to ram. But it will have to be streaming other player data and ships in as well while this happens.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Hello ArfJason, please take a break from reading a million words in the thread you dislike, and obsessively posting the same tired troll on the Internet.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Unfunny Poster posted:

When did Derek Smart ever claim to work for the FBI? Or was this another thing the retardos made up in their heads? Also lol, 99% sure there's no law against saying "if you think there's a crime contact the police" at all.

He's claimed to have talked to them, and of course, that means he's working for them. Same as how the whales who have sent cookies to CIG pretty much work for them.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sappo569 posted:

Currently yes, but that issue will be addressed with the refactored netcode that 3.0 will include.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
Meanwhile over at an actual competent kickstarter dev: http://battletechgame.com/

Another huge update, with new features, plans, concrete dates, milestones.

Clearly they don't know anything about game development.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

AlbieQuirky posted:

gently caress, the guy on the right makes Stallman look like George Clooney in terms of style. Who shows up for a professional meeting dressed like that?

At least Crobbers has the excuse that he's modeling the t-shirt so his fanboys will buy it.
I do miss the velour dinner jacket though, he should wear that more.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

DigitalMocking posted:

Meanwhile over at an actual competent kickstarter dev: http://battletechgame.com/

Another huge update, with new features, plans, concrete dates, milestones.

Clearly they don't know anything about game development.

This game looks good

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Xaerael posted:

Fiiiiine.

:perfect:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Lmao you guys went from obsessive retards to full blown antisemites. Gg

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ManofManyAliases posted:

You'd likely have better results addressing your letters of concern to Santa then to those news agencies and investigators you were planning on sending them.

Who said anything about news agencies? I certainly didn't. I'm just going to execute my rights as a consumer to the full extent that I'm able to. At this point CIG has already agreed to issue me a refund so, assuming they follow up (it's been three days), there shouldn't be a problem.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Wrecked Angle posted:

New tag added

...also mental issues.

Just for shits and giggles I decided to try my hand at the Shitizen Game of Let's See What Your Post History Says with him. And while I could not be bothered to read that poo poo, I did notice in the past day alone, he has made over 24 posts only in r/starcitizen. That is it. He talks about nothing else, he posts nowhere else. This guy is one broken hombre. When this thing goes tits up, he is one of the ones I am most looking forward to see doing something....rash.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Who said anything about news agencies? I certainly didn't. I'm just going to execute my rights as a consumer to the full extent that I'm able to. At this point CIG has already agreed to issue me a refund so, assuming they follow up (it's been three days), there shouldn't be a problem.

As soon as you get your monies back and they are safely tucked away in your wallet, I would send that poo poo to those agencies anyway to give them more ammo about what is more than likely a RICO case in the making.

http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/criminal-law/criminal-law/rico-cases.htm

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

a really bad argument...

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ArfJason posted:

What the gently caress do you mean "went"?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

ArfJason posted:

INRI's moral direction has led us down some dark paths.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Sappo569 posted:

It also make very little sense unless the information provided is bullshit. You can be seamless assuming you release memory to be loaded with new assets as soon as you move away form them on the map, but why load the assets of complete game modes you are not and can not, use at the same time ? Its like Word starting an instance of Explorer, Excell and Powerpoint in the background "just in case".

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
((((Ortwin))))

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Xaerael posted:

INRI.jpg

:yikes:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Hey mod bro could you do something about the antisemitic imagery on this page, the posters that did it, and maybe something about the doxxing while youre at it? Thanks lots dude, keep up the good fight.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Erenthal posted:

Did Pgabz lie????

yes, since atmospheric simulation is in.... a sandboxed tech demo.
They showed it off on an ATV episode recently. When/if it will be in the game? :shrug:

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016
All these shadow citizens casting nasturtiums and d0x1nG the chosen people left right and middle. Please get refunds for your self and your progenitors.

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

ArfJason posted:

Hey mod bro could you do something about the antisemitic imagery on this page, the posters that did it, and maybe something about the doxxing while youre at it? Thanks lots dude, keep up the good fight.

I agree, that I.N.R.I. feller really fans the flames of anti-semitism and should likely be stopped. Also, boxxing is bad. Everyone please call their carents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
another shill article to add to the pile - Star Citizen FPS Star Marine Now Live

quote:

Ambitious hybrid game Star Citizen sees the introduction of its highly anticipated FPS segment, called Star Marine, featuring two maps and two game modes.

Fans of Star Citizen will be happy to know that developer Cloud Imperium Games today released the first-person shooter section of the game in early access, ready to be tested by the PC-gaming public. The segment, called Star Marine, was once promised to be “more lethal” than Call of Duty and has had fans of the hybrid game excited for months.

First announced in the patch notes for the latest build of Star Citizen on the game’s official subreddit, the Star Marine section comes with two playable maps for now, as well as two game modes. The first, elimination, is an all-out brawl where it’s every man for himself and the devil take the hindmost. The second mode is called last stand and is more tactical, involving four control points that are fought over by two teams of players.

Not that Star Marine is the entire update – players will be able to play a new game mode called Arena Commander while in their space ship, which involves increasingly powerful waves of pirates coming at the player as they struggle to survive. There are also a large number of cosmetic tweaks, such as enhanced control of the third-person camera as well as a laundry list of new ships to choose from.

The breadth of the patch shows off the ambition that drives the developers of Star Citizen. The team is headed up by Chris Roberts of Wing Commander fame and from the start of its development over five years ago has promised to offer gamers everything they could hope for. If players wanted relief from the thrill of space combat they would be able to trade or explore, once their desire for adrenaline kicked in again they could suit up and fight FPS style. No wonder, then, that Star Citizen shattered all records by raking in over $100 million in Kickstarter donations.

Worries about Star Citizen’s feature creep persist, though the game is likely not going to be another No Man’s Sky. It’s just taking a lot longer than expected: the story mode was delayed recently and the developers have been a cagey about the exact release date, especially since it has been moved up so many times already. One backer even got his Kickstarter donation refunded after he complained to the California authorities claiming that “the product remains unfulfilled and no longer constitutes the product(s) I originally purchased.”

This new update is a an exciting step in the right direction for Star Citizen’s backers and should keep them going as the game is finished by its developer.