Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

the thing that drives me loving bonkers about simply sara's videos is the fuckign breathing. Just

Okay I'm an overweight goon, but never, never have I simply been out of breath just standing there

like how bad does your health have to be to be winded just existing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

You have to loving hold the camera/phone in your hands while recording. Don't you get how exhausting that is?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Just shove it in a fold. Hands free filming!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Sociopastry posted:

Just shove it in a fold. Hands free filming!

Last time she tried that the phone was lost for months until it worked its way back out during a vigorous cream cheese stirring session.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I gagged. Bravo.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

purple death ray posted:

Always been curious about prescription beer. What brand is it? Do you have options? Do companies provide it in exchange for free advertising? Is there just one brewery making hospital beer?

The serious answer is they don't write a prescription that says 'BEER' on it. In my case the doctor said not to stop drinking and prescribed lorazepam(which is when i learned lorazepam has zero effect on me whatsoever because i took 12 at once).

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

im pooping! posted:

The serious answer is they don't write a prescription that says 'BEER' on it. In my case the doctor said not to stop drinking and prescribed lorazepam(which is when i learned lorazepam has zero effect on me whatsoever because i took 12 at once).

Yeah if you are able to leave the hospital and pick up a prescription for yourself that's not why prescription beer exists. If you were staying in the hospital for a few days or weeks and they don't want you to be detoxing the whole time they can write a prescription for beer. Of course you can just keep drinking whatever you have if you go home.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

In the detox place where I was they just let people sieze. Granted it wasn't a hospital but they would give Librium if people had really bad DT, not alcohol.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Prescription beer would be like 1.2 abv and run you $700 a case

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

theflyingexecutive posted:

Prescription beer would be like 1.2 abv and run you $700 a case

i hear that in europe the prescription beer is 9.5% and only costs ten cents a bottle

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
that's all beer in europe

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

Just noticed the wedding ring.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

upsidedown posted:

Just noticed the wedding ring.

I doubt her husband is a catch

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

So, my wife is an ICU nurse and always comes home with good stories. They had this massive patient (320 kg) with a massive partner and a young child (9 months). Apparently the mother in law assisted them by holding back his fat apron during sex.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ I don't understand how you spend 2000 hours playing a visual novel.

I guess she REALLY wanted a grandchild.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

*reads *

Oh she assisted her during the birthing? Thats nice

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Megabound posted:

So, my wife is an ICU nurse and always comes home with good stories. They had this massive patient (320 kg) with a massive partner and a young child (9 months). Apparently the mother in law assisted them by holding back his fat apron during sex.

:stonk:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Which one's mother was it and why are both of those the worse option?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I feel like the flap is natures way of ending this failed expirement and the mother in law is playing god here.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

RatHat posted:

^^^ I don't understand how you spend 2000 hours playing a visual novel.
I'd like to think that they just had it open in the background for a long time. I know I've racked up a crazy amount of hours on games because I alt-tab out and forget they're paused.

But then again, I doubt that.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
IIRC, Idlemaster also racks up game time even if said game's not installed. The dude got unlucky with his card drops, that's all.

I SAID THAT'S ALL and I refuse to believe any other possibility :smithicide:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Megabound posted:

If the kid was already born how did your wife know about opening the floodgates?

Not doubting you, but did the dude humble brag about his mother in laws help?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Somfin posted:

If the mother-in-law assisted during sex by holding his fat flap up then it would be her mother.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

If my shoddy math is accurate this is roughly 227 days total of playtime. These games released within the span of about 18 months of one another. To put this in perspective I played 365 days overall on WoW from mid-06 to January '13 as a causal raider.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The alternative is paedophilia

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

If my shoddy math is accurate this is roughly 227 days total of playtime. These games released within the span of about 18 months of one another. To put this in perspective I played 365 days overall on WoW from mid-06 to January '13 as a causal raider.

I punched in the numbers and this guy has spent on average 7.5 hours per day on these games for just a few days short of two years, assuming he started when the first one came out

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Tetracube posted:

I punched in the numbers and this guy has spent on average 7.5 hours per day on these games for just a few days short of two years, assuming he started when the first one came out

That is one of the safest assumptions I have ever seen

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

So they matched the play time of a casual Dota player.

At least you probably get something out of a visual novel.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Visual Novels confuse me, why not just watch anime? It's not like they're very interesting and there's about zero interactivity that would elevate it above any random anime found on like Crunchy Roll.

So Watch Mojo did a video about the weirdest videos on Youtube, and that showed me WTF Don't Hug Me I'm Scared was, and now I know what my coworker was talking about, though I was expecting something more Wonder Shozen, and not David Lynchian Sesame Street. Anyways, a video suggested to that was DHMIC Theories, which I watched because the hell? Still going down the Rabbit Hole of Youtube theories about Youtube stuff a sugged video off that was Theories about That Poppy, which honestly is pretty cool and such, but from that came this video which the subject is AUG as gently caress;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMRvhn83mKc

There are more than one white girls who think their Japanese and gain followers based on that aren't there? Because there always seems to be another popping up here and there. There was the one who hide her really gross teeth, the one that moved to Japan and went into Grauve but then got to too fat and got kicked out, the one who never washes. These are all different people right? We shouldn't laugh at people with mental illness and this poor girl clearly has some issues, but what I will mock is the fact she seeks out people that not only enable her but also encourage it. Also her eating a giant bunt cake on her own.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Somfin posted:

Hers, so the wife's mother.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Dreddout posted:

If the kid was already born how did your wife know about opening the floodgates?

Not doubting you, but did the dude humble brag about his mother in laws help?

Can't say for sure, my wife hears the stories, I report then. Generally there's a lot of sedation and drug induced rambling that happens in ICU.

The whole ward is a gross story generator. 12 hour shifts with a 1:1 nurse patient ratio and having the same patients around for weeks, sometimes months, you learn a lot.

Other tidbits, this dude is cathetered, they had to get a urologist in to do it cause no one else could find his penis and they has to order in a special bed on loan. He already ruined one bariatric bed.

Megabound has a new favorite as of 04:37 on Dec 20, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay, I've never been fat so I don't get how people get really fat. If you're so obese that you're pissing on yourself every time you go to the bathroom, wouldn't you... do literally anything to stop?

Ugh. UGH.
It's making me recall pissing my pants as a toddler and how stingy and uncomfortable it made me. I'm gonna barf.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
People who are compulsive overeaters, especially at that level, generally have mental illness issues that respond to therapy and/or medication. Mental health treatment is not easy to get in many places.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
Depression, mostly. It's hard to lose weight, and it only gets worse the higher your weight, so you stop giving a poo poo. Doctors might suggest surgery, but bariatric surgery has a fuckload of rules and stipulations required by health insurance (and doctors too, to be fair), not to mention it requires a lot of time, money, and decent health insurance. Even if that goes through, the 'easy' weight loss only takes you so far - you still have to make healthy food choices and exercise. The surgery just makes it easier forcibly limiting food intake and help curb hunger. Even then you can stretch your stomach back out. So, uh, yeah, sadbrains.

The thing that makes me sad about Simply Sarah is that she obviously likes to cook. Granted, it's all loving horrible, calorie-laden garbage, but it's not like she only eats fast food or frozen dinners. If only she directed that passion into good food.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Sanguinary Novel posted:

The thing that makes me sad about Simply Sarah is that she obviously likes to cook. Granted, it's all loving horrible, calorie-laden garbage, but it's not like she only eats fast food or frozen dinners. If only she directed that passion into good food.

I agree entirely. She seems sweet, and nice, and enjoys her "cooking". But as you say what she cooks is a revolting bucket of heart attack inducing lard, that has forced her to become the land whale she is.

I wonder what she would do if she was presented with a bunch of healthy recipes to try. Or at least recipes that didn't involve half a jar of mayonnaise.

Being less fair, what morbidly compells me to these videos is her wheezy voice, and how her face seems way too small for her head, as if thefat has subsumed her face and vocal cords.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Inzombiac posted:

Okay, I've never been fat so I don't get how people get really fat. If you're so obese that you're pissing on yourself every time you go to the bathroom, wouldn't you... do literally anything to stop?

Ugh. UGH.
It's making me recall pissing my pants as a toddler and how stingy and uncomfortable it made me. I'm gonna barf.

Pee on me daddy

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Inzombiac posted:

Ugh. UGH.

Being raised fat helps. I grew up in a household where we at McDonalds at least once a week and weren't especially healthy otherwise, no surprise I didn't develop healthy eating habits when I got older until I realized I was a fat goon. Never managed to reach the point where I couldn't see my own junk though, would probably have killed myself if that ever happened to be honest.

Sanguinary Novel posted:

So, uh, yeah, sadbrains.

Also just throwing it out there, but even after you lose weight you don't like. Magically get better. You still look like poo poo, and you still feel like poo poo because you spent years being fat and that does terrible things to your body. To keep the weight off you have to be more careful than ever because it's super easy to slide right back into bad habits, and a lot of people mistake that for some kind of hosed up newfound ego or something. I've literally lost friends because they got mad at me when I said I didn't want to keep eating fast food constantly anymore because I apparently "thought I was better" than them. :( I just didn't want to put every pound I burned off, back on.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

BrigadierSensible posted:

I wonder what she would do if she was presented with a bunch of healthy recipes to try. Or at least recipes that didn't involve half a jar of mayonnaise.

She wouldn't last a meal. Could you imagine going from a diet like that to something normal? It'd be bland as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

purple death ray posted:

Always been curious about prescription beer. What brand is it? Do you have options? Do companies provide it in exchange for free advertising? Is there just one brewery making hospital beer?

Real answer: It depends on the hospital. Mostly it's Busch or Natty or some bottom tier swill like that. Most of the time it's used in patients who have to stay a night or two after a minor procedure or trauma and the doctors don't want to run a whole detox protocol on them. It's mainly the surgeons that order it.

If you're someone who is high risk to go into withdrawals (have done it before, are a daily heavy drinker, have seized, etc) you'll get put on a DT protocol where you get checked for signs of withdrawal every few hours and given medicine as needed.

• Locked thread