Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Anyone playing Hawk: Freedom Squad? It's a plane shooty game with upgrades and stuff, but with very high production value. I've been addicted to it for the last few days as a refuge from writing my final papers. Not sure if there is a way to add friends outside of Facebook, but they are developing a guild feature so I'll set one up when it is ready (hopefully soon).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

thehoodie posted:

Anyone playing Hawk: Freedom Squad? It's a plane shooty game with upgrades and stuff, but with very high production value. I've been addicted to it for the last few days as a refuge from writing my final papers. Not sure if there is a way to add friends outside of Facebook, but they are developing a guild feature so I'll set one up when it is ready (hopefully soon).

Not available in the US, apparently.

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

LLSix posted:

How do I get a mage gumball for the Aoluwei's Blade faction? None of my other factions have 3 gumballs in them and it seems like you can only soul link to gumball's in your own faction.

Either buy the Alchemist with gems, get Zerg queen from airship mazes, or get Sorcerer the hidden gumball from the first dungeon. Adventurer is a better main than swordsman at the beginning, since legendary hunter can easily carry you to 50 (once you want to go farther you'd need other titles).
Until you get a mage link you can get by with melee link's 3rd tier to access a more limited pool of high-level spells.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I too just got on the gumball train since I've been offline for about a month. What is the best use of gems and is there a good guide on the game somewhere?

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

vulturesrow posted:

I too just got on the gumball train since I've been offline for about a month. What is the best use of gems and is there a good guide on the game somewhere?

First pinned post in the facebook group has a bunch of guides: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1501670936818701/

Gems go to max exploration level, max plunder targets (after you get access to the mines), the two extra mazes, then whatever QOL improvements you want.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Any tips for dealing with the sky dungeon "relics of civilization"? Is it magic?

ItsNotAGirlName
Jan 9, 2011

Len posted:

Any tips for dealing with the sky dungeon "relics of civilization"? Is it magic?

https://m.facebook.com/notes/gumballs-dungeons-forums/sky-instance-maze-solutions/1713739112278548

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

quote:

Relics of Civilization - Use item which reduces ep consumption for title then upgrade into any good fight title. Can abuse this maze for title completion for honor exp.

That doesn't really help with the 50% damage resistance or the counterattack burns or the counterattack crits for 200% damage

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

delfin posted:

Gumball and Dungeons _really_ doesn't want me to unlock the Sorcerer gumball.

If I don't have enough gold? The Wizard's Hut pops up at, like, level 54 of its dungeon.
If I have enough gold? The Sorcerer's corpse in the cave doesn't appear.
If I have enough gold and it appears? It drops the Smurf Potion.
If I have enough gold, and it appears AND drops the Wizard's Robe? ...I clear all the way down to level 77 and the Wizard's Hut goes 'nyaah, I'm not showing up today.'

Running into this same poo poo too.

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

Len posted:

That doesn't really help with the 50% damage resistance or the counterattack burns or the counterattack crits for 200% damage

Relics of Civilization... As I recall, that's the one that says "tip: use swordsman" and then gives you a scroll on the first floor that reduces swordsman's ep use by 90%? Just feed swordsman all his +EP food, soul-link the highest stars you have, then max either imperial commander for the defense or sword sage for the ignore resist.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

DarciisFyer posted:

Relics of Civilization... As I recall, that's the one that says "tip: use swordsman" and then gives you a scroll on the first floor that reduces swordsman's ep use by 90%? Just feed swordsman all his +EP food, soul-link the highest stars you have, then max either imperial commander for the defense or sword sage for the ignore resist.

Well now I feel like an idiot.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Yeah, that one is hilarious. Eat the item, max out all your titles, then go and melt everything. I think I only had trouble with the vampire puzzle dungeon so far. This was because I didn't realize you need to snipe the Indiana Jones guys on each floor in order to get more silver bullets. I felt really dumb when I realized how obvious that was.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

DarciisFyer posted:

First pinned post in the facebook group has a bunch of guides: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1501670936818701/

Gems go to max exploration level, max plunder targets (after you get access to the mines), the two extra mazes, then whatever QOL improvements you want.

I just opened the mines and... what should I upgrade first?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Mrit SA posted:

I just opened the mines and... what should I upgrade first?

The carts and the workers.
Carts = Longer you can go idle for
Workers = Faster the cards fill up.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

hooah posted:

Not available in the US, apparently.

That would explain it. Well, check it out when it is. It's real good. I'll help y'all out

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I finally got the Sorcerer last night. It took a pimped-out Mage build and two Portals of Earth, plus one restart because the wizard corpse dropped the Smurf potion instead, but the hut finally showed up on level 64.

My new combo of choice is Mage / Terminator / Genie. With Genie's exclusive skill pumped up to level 5, you start each dungeon with Arabian Nights (stats + golden oil every 10 levels), Magic Carpet (a 30-level Portal of Earth item) and the Genie equipment set (which comes out to something like Attack +12, Power +12, MP +60 IIRC) for free, and Terminator gives you the Fight title tree for some durability. At intervals, you hit the Genie up for additional stat boosts, which Portal lets you do a handful of times. I got down to Adventurer's Forest 90-something before running out of MPs.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

delfin posted:

I finally got the Sorcerer last night. It took a pimped-out Mage build and two Portals of Earth, plus one restart because the wizard corpse dropped the Smurf potion instead, but the hut finally showed up on level 64.

My new combo of choice is Mage / Terminator / Genie. With Genie's exclusive skill pumped up to level 5, you start each dungeon with Arabian Nights (stats + golden oil every 10 levels), Magic Carpet (a 30-level Portal of Earth item) and the Genie equipment set (which comes out to something like Attack +12, Power +12, MP +60 IIRC) for free, and Terminator gives you the Fight title tree for some durability. At intervals, you hit the Genie up for additional stat boosts, which Portal lets you do a handful of times. I got down to Adventurer's Forest 90-something before running out of MPs.

Side note, I used to do the Witch pairing but not anymore since she prevents casting of all healing magic.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Malek posted:

Side note, I used to do the Witch pairing but not anymore since she prevents casting of all healing magic.

Witch/Mage is a really good pairing. You can't cast healing, but every other spell you cast heals you, and Mage boosts the spell damage/heal damage most of the time.

e: and energy drain still works.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
It depends on how deep you are planning on diving. Witch/Mage is great up to about 60-70 and then falls apart a bit because things do too much damage and you really need meaty heals like Recovering and Divine Favor to keep up.

New project is getting Alien Helmet and the Predator gumball to show up on the same run.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
It looks like we're getting ports of the first six Mega Man games next month at $2 a pop each.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Megaman on a phone sounds like a nightmare

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

The Duggler posted:

Megaman on a phone sounds like a nightmare

Def. need a gamepad for Megaman.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I wish my DS4 would sync to my Pixel, I don't want to root but I also don't want to buy a controller I'll use once a year

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I strongly recommend one of these (or the SNES equivalent).

http://www.nes30.com/

No rooting required! (I am probably never going to root my phone)

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Could I get some recommendations please? I'm hoping for a match 3 type game without a huge time commitment. I liked Puzzles and Dragons but it took a long time to get anywhere.

I looked at Gems of War and Marvel Puzzle Quest but it seemed like they had a bigger focus on PvP. I usually play in short bursts at work, so looking for something with good single player depth.

I'm open to non match 3 games too. More interested in puzzle games though.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

apophenium posted:

Could I get some recommendations please? I'm hoping for a match 3 type game without a huge time commitment. I liked Puzzles and Dragons but it took a long time to get anywhere.

I looked at Gems of War and Marvel Puzzle Quest but it seemed like they had a bigger focus on PvP. I usually play in short bursts at work, so looking for something with good single player depth.

You must build a boat and 10000000 are the only matching games I've ever really enjoyed.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

apophenium posted:

Could I get some recommendations please? I'm hoping for a match 3 type game without a huge time commitment.

Probably not in the same vein you're looking for but Triple Town has always been a staple on my phone.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 19, 2016

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I finally unlocked the airship in this god drat gumball game why is it so fun

Dancer
May 23, 2011

apophenium posted:

I've never played this version, but I've sunk many hours in the PC version of this, and according to some comments, there's IAP to purchase the full game, so I'm assuming no microtransaction bullshit:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.NamcoNetworks.PuzzleQuest2Android&hl=en

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I strongly recommend one of these (or the SNES equivalent).

http://www.nes30.com/

No rooting required! (I am probably never going to root my phone)

This game pad is bad, it has no analog sticks. Useless for n64 emulation and up.

This is what you are after:
http://gamesir.hk/

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rutibex posted:

This game pad is bad, it has no analog sticks. Useless for n64 emulation and up.

This is what you are after:
http://gamesir.hk/

Then get the nes/snes pro, which does have analogue sticks.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Dancer posted:

I've never played this version, but I've sunk many hours in the PC version of this, and according to some comments, there's IAP to purchase the full game, so I'm assuming no microtransaction bullshit:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.NamcoNetworks.PuzzleQuest2Android&hl=en

I've played the Android version. There's no microtransaction bullshit in it, unless they added some in the years since I've played it.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

delfin posted:

It depends on how deep you are planning on diving. Witch/Mage is great up to about 60-70 and then falls apart a bit because things do too much damage and you really need meaty heals like Recovering and Divine Favor to keep up.

New project is getting Alien Helmet and the Predator gumball to show up on the same run.

Unless you pick up dragon title :)

But yeah, going for triple digits is all about nobu/saladin Fighter/Swordsmith/Legendary Mage

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Reigns and Downwell, two really great games, are each on sale for 99 cents (down from $3).

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Gumballs update! The background music is now different. Everything is awful and I hate it.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Speaking of sales, Punch Club seems to be $2 on the US store. What were the hot tips for that one, i seem to remember speed trumping all.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
In Gumballs, I do not understand the alchemy bit. Do I just assign them all to coins? What does that do?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

OxMan posted:

Speaking of sales, Punch Club seems to be $2 on the US store. What were the hot tips for that one, i seem to remember speed trumping all.

Dear god dont buy it

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

rotaryfun posted:

In Gumballs, I do not understand the alchemy bit. Do I just assign them all to coins? What does that do?

Your furnace produces coins and raw materials every 30 seconds or so, based on the amount of workers you have assigned to it. If you assign them all to coins, every cycle the furnace will give you nothing but coins. If you assign some to metal or whatever, you'll get some metal and less coins, etc.

The screen tells you what it produces every cycle, so adjust your needs accordingly. You need the materials for upgrading gumball gear, but you need coins for everything. I keep most of them on coins tbh unless I need something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

Variable Haircut posted:

If anyone is still playing Dawn of Titans, a goon alliance was created a couple days ago, but got burried in the gumball game shenanigans. If anyone wants to play resource management/lite-RTS/pubbie tear collection simulator, post your IGN and we can send an invite.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled gumball discussion.

Invite Gooch181#Jdj-:4 please! I am working my way up to the 1000VP to join an alliance currently and should be there soon. I've only played through the first two campaigns and it's pretty neat so far.