Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'd like a recommendation on some 7.1 wireless headphones/mic that work with PS4 and Xbox One both, does anyone have any favorites they can suggest?
I doubt the 7.1 will work for other consoles but the Platinum headset is coming out in January (it was going to be November but was delayed) is something I am looking forward to, if it is like the Gold headset but built a little better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
EDF is so drat good but I can't quit abusing myself with SFV

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Samurai Sanders posted:

I doubt the 7.1 will work for other consoles but the Platinum headset is coming out in January (it was going to be November but was delayed) is something I am looking forward to, if it is like the Gold headset but built a little better.

The pictures seem to show that it has the same hinges that the gold have.

You know, the hinges that break and I have never seen so many complaints about for one headset model before.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

homeless snail posted:

I can't wait for 2017, so I can post the annual "just buy a pair of good headphones and attach a modmic to it, instead of Razer brand gamer garbage" post

I went through an audiophile phase and found expensive poo poo falls apart under heavy use just as much as gamer garbage. Buy something that fits your needs when it is on sale and don't be shamed by the stupid names or neon green trim on it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Neon Knight posted:

I went through an audiophile phase and found expensive poo poo falls apart under heavy use just as much as gamer garbage. Buy something that fits your needs when it is on sale and don't be shamed by the stupid names or neon green trim on it.
I said good headphones, not expensive headphones.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Right now I just have some Sennheisers wired to my TV, it's been like that since my Gold headphones fell apart. It's so simple though (and I don't care about a mic) that I might keep it that way even when the Platinums come out, but we'll see.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

homeless snail posted:

I said good headphones, not expensive headphones.

Just stop.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Policenaut posted:

After season 2 I pretty much treat every Telltale game as a wait and see thing, like I'll just wait for the season to finish and if it gets good reviews and has good discounts then I'll bite. Worked for Tales from the Borderlands.

Yeah Telltale has been hit or miss all along and I didn't realize it until like 10 games after TWD so I just wait for reviews and sales now.

It doesn't help that I felt like I was getting thoroughly screwed buying them day one when the seasons passes always go on sale for like $10 by the second episode.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

ath-m50x and a modmic. what more do you need?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

Have you ever seen a Mad Max movie?

Fury Road is so amazing, I love that movie.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Mad Max is a good game with lots of content.

Arkham Knight is a good game with lots of moves and features. I liked the Batmobile because it is a big part of being Batman in my opinion. Yes there are too many tank battles, yes the stealth tank bits are annoying. But overall the Batmobile is a fun part of the game.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I wanted to like both Mad Max and Arkham Knight but ended up being really annoyed at both due to dumb mission design decisions.

Speaking of Batman, what's the goon consensus on the Telltale one? I bought that in the last big sale for some reason.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm a giant weirdo and AK was the first Batman game I actually finished and I enjoyed most of the Batmobile stuff. It wasn't a favorite of mine but it played well and was absolutely gorgeous to look at.

Mad Max would have been decent if the open world progression wasn't game ruiningly bad. I didn't think the Batman combat worked well in a MM game though.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Mad Max would have been decent if the open world progression wasn't game ruiningly bad.

Not sure what you mean. I guess the scrap collecting and camp takeovers and all that could get repetitive. But I enjoyed it enough and there was enough variation to keep my attention so I did a fair bit of the optional stuff. I think you could get by doing the bare minimum but the main missions would be a little tough if you didn't level up a bit.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

homeless snail posted:

I can't wait for 2017, so I can post the annual "just buy a pair of good headphones and attach a modmic to it, instead of Razer brand gamer garbage" post

lol if you don't have entry level audiophile headphones with an antlion modmic on it already

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wandle Cax posted:

Not sure what you mean. I guess the scrap collecting and camp takeovers and all that could get repetitive. But I enjoyed it enough and there was enough variation to keep my attention so I did a fair bit of the optional stuff. I think you could get by doing the bare minimum but the main missions would be a little tough if you didn't level up a bit.

Its just cause with a movie license. People hate how just cause ruins its own fun by making the main game a checklist instead of allowing the player to enjoy the campaign with no impediments and keep coming back after for the fun gameplay. They want to make the gameplay a chore so that you are sick of it by the time you finish or at least it seems that way.

Mafia 3 has the same problem.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mad Max definitely echoes Just Cause 2 where it was loads of repetitive gameplay with a couple of stand out parts. Like the buried airport is pretty neat but it is also just one mission and you don't get to explore it or go back.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I could not get into Mad Max. It seemed like an endless grind and the car combat wasn't fun to me.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'm kind of relieved that Ace Combat's VR is probably just a mini-mode. If it was a full game I'd probably bite on the VR tomorrow.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I loved 4, 5, and 0 and hated both the 360 ones. I really hope they redeemed themselves.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

lite_sleepr posted:

lol if you don't have entry level audiophile headphones with an antlion modmic on it already

I just ordered two of the old Vita earphones so I don't know where I land in all this.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
V tempted to be mean to you

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ElwoodCuse posted:

I loved 4, 5, and 0 and hated both the 360 ones. I really hope they redeemed themselves.

i had fun with 6

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Mad Max was fun at the core but suffered heavily from "we made 5 types of encounters and copy-pasted them all over a map" ala Ubisoft. Open worlds suck.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bloodychill posted:

Mad Max was fun at the core but suffered heavily from "we made 5 types of encounters and copy-pasted them all over a map" ala Ubisoft. Open worlds suck.

sure but avalanche has this gating philosophy on top of it that makes ubisoft games not look so bad

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

sure but avalanche has this gating philosophy on top of it that makes ubisoft games not look so bad

Ubisoft games often fumble on the "fun at the core" part though, like in Watch Dogs 1, the only fun thing was taking ctOS towers and playing that spider tank minigame.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah I like open world games but only if they let me skip what I want. Mad Max didn't, so I gave up. I've never come across a Ubi game that did that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bloodychill posted:

Ubisoft games often fumble on the "fun at the core" part though, like in Watch Dogs 1, the only fun thing was taking ctOS towers and playing that spider tank minigame.

Watch_Dogs 1 doesn't really count, because the whole thing is a clusterfuck of mismanagement and rewrites over what was probably a passable story starting out.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wandle Cax posted:

Everything is locked behind "you can't do X until you do Y, but to get to Y you need to do Z and..." I hit a pretty big wall even with doing a healthy amount of side stuff and the game flat out didn't feel worth playing anymore. The car combat really sucked because of this. Defeating enemy cars is zero challenge, but then they introduce new car types, that you literally cannot kill until you get an upgrade, once you get the upgrade you just click a button and they are dead, then they introduce a new car type and you repeat the process. This type of stuff permeated the whole game. It's a shame because the world was cool and it was allright at its core but the world design sucked.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Mad Max definitely echoes Just Cause 2 where it was loads of repetitive gameplay with a couple of stand out parts. Like the buried airport is pretty neat but it is also just one mission and you don't get to explore it or go back.

Theres a side mission or two at the airport after that

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

How's Resident Evil 4 run on PS4 ? I have been itching to play it again

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

fit em all up in there posted:

Fine, it's the old HD version but a bit sharper. The PS2 original stuff looks like rear end though because it's pre-rendered and it's one of the versions that drops tons of money on you but less ammo so it's a lot harder to feel 'safe' playing it.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

fit em all up in there posted:

This about covers it: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-resident-evil-4-remastered-face-off

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Sakurazuka posted:

Fine, it's the old HD version but a bit sharper. The PS2 original stuff looks like rear end though because it's pre-rendered and it's one of the versions that drops tons of money on you but less ammo so it's a lot harder to feel 'safe' playing it.

Wait there are several versions out, with regards to the game's balance?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wouldn't say several, the original GC and (I think PS2) versions gave out more ammo and were stingier with money, for whatever reason from the Wii version onwards they were the other way around. The severity of the difference does seem to vary between releases though.
The recent PS4 gives out tons of money, at least enough to fully upgrade two or three weapons during the course of one run.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The PS4 version lets you aim with the right analog stick.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
At least in Japan a free FF15 soundtrack is available for PS+ users so I figured what the hell but it's...18gb? What am I missing here?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

The PS4 version lets you aim with the right analog stick.

This feels awful imo. One stick with an aim button is the way to go

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Samurai Sanders posted:

At least in Japan a free FF15 soundtrack is available for PS+ users so I figured what the hell but it's...18gb? What am I missing here?

Their audio files were hard copied into the fmv's and do to poor Japanese development practices, all source audio files were routinely deleted and lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Wandle Cax posted:

Theres a side mission or two at the airport after that

This. Plus a lot of the scrap collection locations are really neat in a show vs. tell format.

• Locked thread