Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

the future is WOW posted:

Normally I'd find this kind of thing perversely funny but for some reason it just strikes me as profoundly sad. I can't quite put my finger on why; maybe it's just that it's 5am and I haven't been able to sleep at all tonight but whatever it is the whole thing is just the :smith:est poo poo ever.

Yeah I saw that video Saturday morning. That is some laser-precise marketing. "Are you lonely, nerd? Is the thought of actual social interaction far too much to bear? Don't want to put in the legwork to get an actual girlfriend/wife? Have we got a product for YOU!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

WickedHate posted:

That doesn't explain the egregious cover up.

Never ascribe to malice what can be explained by stupidity.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

the future is WOW posted:

Normally I'd find this kind of thing perversely funny but for some reason it just strikes me as profoundly sad. I can't quite put my finger on why; maybe it's just that it's 5am and I haven't been able to sleep at all tonight but whatever it is the whole thing is just the :smith:est poo poo ever.

It's sad to me because instead of people working to try to move past their socially awkward phase and improve themselves, they are instead becoming more isolated and are now selling things to each other to enhance the isolation.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Better that than gnawing on it over the internet with a bunch of their fellow losers until they start coming up with names for themselves like "incels" and shooting people on the street.

Hell let the state fund their sexbots if it'll keep these weirdos from buying guns and killing normal people.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The invention of sexbots will be the first time that an "open" relationship works.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I predict posts akin to "sonic is MY boyfriend!"

A.I. personality designation "Ada" is truly MY wife, nobody else has permission to jerk it to her. :mad:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

The invention of sexbots will be the first time that an "open" relationship works.

Open source relationship, I think you mean. For sure someone will be finding a hole that allows a zero day exploit.

tank is raid leader O.K.
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck you say about the Emperor?

Solice Kirsk posted:

How dare you make fun of Those Daring Young Men and Their loving Machines.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Load up a Lil' Tupac and I'll bite.
In all seriousness, I think the tech is neat, it's just a weird way to market it. It's pretty much like having the Enterprise's Computer in your home. Just with an anime lady.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If they made one with a little hologram Batman I'd probably get one.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Imagine being able to load a hologram of your gestating baby and entering in data provided by the doctor to watch it develop over the months with your partner :unsmith:

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

purple death ray posted:

If they made one with a little hologram Batman I'd probably get one.
Jeeves, and style the whole thing as a butler rather than a waifu/maid.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Xibanya posted:

Imagine being able to load a hologram of your gestating baby and entering in data provided by the doctor to watch it develop over the months with your partner :unsmith:

Making your unborn child turn off lights and stuff would be hilarious.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The Russian ambassador to Turkey just got assassinated in an art gallery:

Here's the ambassador.

The guy behind him is the assassin. Moments later he shot him in the back.

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

Doctor_Acula posted:

Load up a Lil' Tupac and I'll bite.
In all seriousness, I think the tech is neat, it's just a weird way to market it. It's pretty much like having the Enterprise's Computer in your home. Just with an anime lady.

Rest in peace, lil' Tupac.

That's what you should say to him instead of good night.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Here's the ambassador.

Made sure no one was behind his target, pointed in a safe direction after firing and good trigger discipline. :thumbsup:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's a good looking assassin. I'm sure they'll get Colin Farrell to play him in the movie.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the whole thing was caught on video. don't watch if you don't want to see him dying obviously

:nms:https://twitter.com/GraniTweet/status/810893606416515073 :nms:

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

pookel posted:

Jeeves, and style the whole thing as a butler rather than a waifu/maid.

I would unironically buy this if it wasn't, you know, like $2500. A little butler hologram that controls your house for you sounds super cool.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Jose posted:

the whole thing was caught on video. don't watch if you don't want to see him dying obviously

:nms:https://twitter.com/GraniTweet/status/810893606416515073 :nms:

This feels like it could be really bad news. Are Turkey ann Russia both in Nato?

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

Pondex posted:

This feels like it could be really bad news. Are Turkey ann Russia both in Nato?

Are you making GBS threads me?

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

Pondex posted:

Yes – as a matter of fact, Russia founded NATO as a counter to its Cold War enemy, the Soviet Union.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alain Perdrix posted:

Yes – as a matter of fact, Russia founded NATO as a counter to its Cold War enemy, the Soviet Union.

:drat:

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Daktari posted:

Are you making GBS threads me?

Buddy, do I look like I'm made of minutes? It would take me tens of seconds to google that.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Here's the ambassador.

Normal people run away when gunfire breaks out. Journalists keep on taking pictures.

One of my favorite things about my former profession.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I'm pretty shocked the guy could get out his whole prepared speech before getting arrested or killed. I'd be a big old bundle of nerves after doing a political murder.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Jack Gladney posted:

I'm pretty shocked the guy could get out his whole prepared speech before getting arrested or killed. I'd be a big old bundle of nerves after doing a political murder.

Im imagining sweet dee going up to the mike and gagging while waving a gun in the air.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I watched that ultimate deathmatch thing the other night and I respect the commitment of the guys there. It's the fans who weird me out.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mr. Flunchy posted:

The Archduke Franz Ferdinand just got assassinated in an art gallery:

Here's the Archduke.

The guy behind him, Gavrilo Princip, is the assassin. Moments later he shot him in the back.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Do their ambassadors not have protective details?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think the assassin was a special tactics cop or something so he may have just used his badge to get close.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I don't know about special tactics, but yeah, he was a cop and apparently the security detail just looked at his references and went "yeah, go on inside."
Pretty smart method for a political assassination, all things considered.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

On the plus side, another dead cop.:shrug:

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Pondex posted:

:allears:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Guess my parents timed their departure from Turkey right :stare:

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
russia and turkey are not going to war guys

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Turkey is gonna be cooked in time for Christmas

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The New York Times article has this picture of some of the bystanders, that one dude on the right just doesn't' give a gently caress about no assassinations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Looks like a character from a Larry David developed show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm the bad hair.