Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Just caved in my balls I think I may actually be dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yep. Yep I'm dead. Goodbye balls we had good times

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Rip 14" balls

Those little birds gonna eat well though

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I can't think of any combination of horrors as testicle-deadly as split rims and a hi-lift.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Owwwwwwww

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

angryrobots posted:

Bet they were orange hvac tstat wire nuts

I will have you know I used a singular yellow wire nut thank you very much.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Is that hose the fuel supply line to the engine?

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Just caved in my balls I think I may actually be dying

Sorry about your balls

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

NitroSpazzz posted:

Is that hose the fuel supply line to the engine?

:haw:

NitroSpazzz posted:

Sorry about your balls

:(

Also lol confirmed no air in the test tire via gauge and then removed core and it lifts the van off the ground before the bead breaks.

The section that deflected though looked surprisingly nice under though

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Lmao Midwest tuxedo equipped

And another package arrived I haven't fully gone through yet but it looks good

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

If your data limit allows it, you should consider something like Periscope so that you can live stream parts of the trip. Just rant about whatever crosses your mind while you tear down the fury road.

Also, 14-inch body pillows for additional revenue generation.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

14 BAR RIFF posted:

You ain't fully pimping if the insides aren't quilted.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rectal Placenta posted:

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Rectal Placenta posted:

Pimp status: :whatup:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I discovered the automatic log chopper function on the high lift

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Hey man, words hurt.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Hypnolobster posted:

Hey man, words hurt.

Incidentally so does this loving jack. Having yet to break a single bead I'm re.....tire...ring...for the evening *boos from audience amidst thrown vegetables*

docbar
Nov 9, 2009
Its nebraska no one will notice a little tire fire
maybe

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

So you're trying to get the bead over a big ole ridge of rust just inside it. Not entirely unlike the bead retainer 'hump' on a passenger wheel. You've pretty much got to break it all up. I should have mentioned earlier, mixing up some coke (or if you can find a better source of phosphoric acid -that's not going to swell the rubber, no panther piss- use that, cola's just easier to find) and glycol and letting it soak for a bit should help. When you've got force on it with the high lift give the tire some sharp blows all the way around with a sledge or some poo poo. wedge as much metal as you can underneath the lock ring.

Worst case, there's no steel in that tire except the bead bundle so you could presumably gash the tire with a sawzall, get in there and remove the rust in person but that may make getting the rest of the tire off more difficult. You'd have to destroy the flap doing this too and it doesn't look like the new ones came with flaps, so consider this a last resort.

I've played with Samsons before, gently caress their 16.5s forever but their 20s are not bad.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 20, 2016

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh I've got a full set of new faps and two full sets of tubes lol

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Aw man. One bead now partially broken.

This is going to suck so much rear end so loving hard

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
fffffffffaaaaackkkkkkk yyyyeeeewwwewee tiiiiiiiiirrressss :unsmigghh:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh hell yeah

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Stay safe ghost pepper ghost

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Oh hell yeah

Please to be having a closeup of the illustration on the Jeep Jalopy Jalapeņo Jam jar.

I suppose chuggin a pint of ghost pepper sauce is one way to fight the -30° weather...

Jesse Ventura
Jan 14, 2007

This drink is like somebody's memory of a grapefruit, and the memory is fading.
I know hardly anything about tires but I was blown away that it isn't easier to just put new rims on this thing. So to rectify this knowledge gap I googled "split rims" and lo and behold, the top result is this Ford Enthusiast dot com thread from 2003

C'mon guys, we can raise the level of discourse around here. Other car forums sound so much smarter

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Nuevo posted:

Please to be having a closeup of the illustration on the Jeep Jalopy Jalapeņo Jam jar.

I suppose chuggin a pint of ghost pepper sauce is one way to fight the -30° weather...

Its like you know me

https://youtu.be/zIquiALnfJE

E: by request

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 20, 2016

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Jesse Ventura posted:

C'mon guys, we can raise the level of discourse around here. Other car forums sound so much smarter

ford dash trucks dot com is like if everyone on vwvortex was romantically interested in their own family members

also split rims are awesome and safe and nbd

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 20, 2016

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Nuevo posted:

Bad Decisions ITT

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Tirechat: be goddamned if I know what this tool is called, but it's a pipe with a chisel on one end, and a heavy bar that slides down the pipe from the other end Slide hammer bead breaker. You set the chisel end between the rim and the bead, and then slam the rod down into the pipe until the bead pops free. My brother has one and it works like loving magic. He uses it on circle irrigation system tires, and those fuckers are always rust-filled pieces of poo poo. You might see if a tire shop would let you borrow one for a bit.

e. f,b

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Dec 20, 2016

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

rndmnmbr posted:

Tirechat: be goddamned if I know what this tool is called, but it's a pipe with a chisel on one end, and a heavy bar that slides down the pipe from the other end.

Took a wild guess at "slide chisel", google confirms(?)

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Slide hammer bead breaker. Kind of expensive for a single use, it took me 3 years to even convince the tire shop I worked for to get me one.

e: $120. Huh.
The tool I used 98% of the time though was this:
http://www.kentool.com/index.php/products/bead-breakers/t11d-35327-t11e-35329-wood-handled-duck-billed-bead-breaking-wedge-detail

and it's a fuckton more versatile and user friendly.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 20, 2016

Jesse Ventura
Jan 14, 2007

This drink is like somebody's memory of a grapefruit, and the memory is fading.

bro

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

The tool I used 98% of the time though was this:
http://www.kentool.com/index.php/products/bead-breakers/t11d-35327-t11e-35329-wood-handled-duck-billed-bead-breaking-wedge-detail
and it's a fuckton more versatile and user friendly.

Man gently caress duckbill hammers. If I ever have to use one of those again I'm going to use it on my skull first, save me some pain.

(required addendum: I'm poo poo at changing my own tires doing anything automotive related ever.)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

rndmnmbr posted:

(required addendum: I'm poo poo at changing my own tires doing anything automotive related ever.)

Ps me too

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

it's called a bead ax and if you don't love it you're swinging it wrong. :colbert:

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

it's called a bead ax and if you don't love it you're swinging it wrong. :colbert:

rndmnmbr posted:

(also bead ax :black101:)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm walking around dannos house butt naked and singing Disney songs at the top of my lungs because I just realised I got distracted on my way to the shower

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I'm walking around dannos house butt naked and singing Disney songs at the top of my lungs because I just realised I got distracted on my way to the shower
Important question: which Disney songs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I find myself singing Simpsons takes on Disney songs far more often than the originals. See My Vest is a modern classic.

• Locked thread