Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Tokamak posted:

Broken or not, 2.6 is getting released this week.
I feel this amazing video from the Steam thread is going to become more relevant...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Aq-gm3An0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

How can 2.6 work if 2.5 is completely broken now?

This makes less than zero sense

Further how the gently caress did they break 2.5 by releasing a patch to a completely separate instance ?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

Finally looked up what the gently caress mega map is:

mega map is the technique to stay in the game and do not load between matches or changing between arc corp, your hangar, arena commander. everything is on one mega map. streaming in and no loading screens needed.

So.... basic functionality most games have when the don't need to have the client/server rebooted between rounds?

Whew! I sure hope CIG can nail this one! Especially after they added "saving your game (kind of)"! What technology will they invent next??? :confused:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tokamak posted:

Update on 2.5:

Pretty much what I expected. Broken or not, 2.6 is getting released this week.

At this point this debacle is a freight train headed to hell hauling dumpsters of trash and they are all on fire.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Xaerael posted:

I did a photoshop joke response to this, but it's so disrespectful I felt like I couldn't post it. =(

:justpost:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

The Titanic posted:

So.... basic functionality most games have when the don't need to have the client/server rebooted between rounds?

Whew! I sure hope CIG can nail this one! Especially after they added "saving your game (kind of)"! What technology will they invent next??? :confused:

Perpetual funding.

Edit: Parpetual funding.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

Perpetual funding.

They already built that piece. It's the only component that works nearly flawlessly.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

Perpetual funding.

Also, forget you and your "Edit the punchline in while someone is doing the same. Stupid poop outside the body dog...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Xaerael posted:

Fiiiiine.

No disrespect to any religious groups.

Evil handwashing is evil handwashing. Are you going to tell me J. Montgomery Burns is a racial joke?

Love it. If I had a critique it is that it needs more baby eating.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Samizdata posted:

Also, forget you and your "Edit the punchline in while someone is doing the same. Stupid poop outside the body dog...

I feel grief thanks to you. :negative:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

How can 2.6 work if 2.5 is completely broken now?

This makes less than zero sense

Further how the gently caress did they break 2.5 by releasing a patch to a completely separate instance ?

There are many logical and even believable explanations to these things, I shall list them for you now:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Xaerael posted:

Fiiiiine.

No disrespect to any religious groups.

None taken

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Lmao you guys went from obsessive retards to full blown antisemites. Gg

It's really deplorable. I'm not offended though

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Sappo569 posted:

:cig:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Pimblor posted:

Please don't moxx me ArfJason.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Samizdata posted:

Evil handwashing is evil handwashing. Are you going to tell me J. Montgomery Burns is a racial joke?

Love it. If I had a critique it is that it needs more baby eating.

Actually, this antisemitism is starting to make me uncomfortable .. just because some jews have a well-documented and storied history of harvesting baby foreskins and sucking the babies off during their rituals doesn't mean that they all do

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

I.N.R.I posted:

:discourse:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ArfJason posted:

Lmao you guys went from obsessive retards to full blown antisemites. Gg

Citizen spotted.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Wrecked Angle posted:

Awww Yisssss!!!!!!

:vince:

ps: You need this DLC http://3000ad.com/games/universal-combat-lyrius-conflict/

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Shill.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

Actually, this antisemitism is starting to make me uncomfortable .. just because some jews have a well-documented and storied history of harvesting baby foreskins and sucking the babies off during their rituals doesn't mean that they all do

Bro? And to think that because of you I almost called my parents....I...I can't now.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tokamak posted:

Are you trying to tell me that the people who who joined for or only post in this thread are... bad???

I do actually post other places. Really.

No, seriously.

REALLY!

NO, YOU SHUT UP!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=446975329#post446975329

FYAD Stimperiah INRI posted:

Bring a 14 year old boy back to it and gently caress him

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

cool dude. Pedos are all the rage, how much are you in for commando?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MilesK posted:

I donno man. If it was just a drawing of a tunnel, how'd the roadrunner get through it?

The same reality distortion field Crobbers emits?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

DapperDon posted:

Bro? And to think that because of you I almost called my parents....I...I can't now.

You should call your parents. It's good to talk to your family.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
hello, some of this is prob rehashed

• 2017 is now looking like the last full operational year for CIG (*from the perspective of 2 people who recently left)
  • several office/staff moves (including the Brno move, disco lando, ben, etc) are still planned
  • roberts joked at one point "the cheap labor must flow"
  • the "must deliver" deadline is still march/q1 of 2017 for the sqlude
  • might be much less than what was planned to be released (think less than an hour of story content, highly repetitive missions to pad playtime, grind, etc)
  • sqlude will include the new footage shot earlier this year of hamill
  • direction/management are being shuffled around, some people with no experience are now in charge of dozens of employees
  • several employees and execs are now gone, including cashing out on promised bonuses or other monies when they left
  • motion capture problems include missing payments to studios where work was done (backend, most likely)
  • "If [we] didn't have money in the tank for refunds, delay. Delay, delay, delay. Promise, then delay. That was standard, yes."
  • had to cut one or several major characters from SQ42
  • additional mocap is required "to have the story make any sense" thanks to "constant" changes to the script
  • entire maps, levels, mocap, VA, music and SFX have been thrown out, reworked and thrown out again
  • what was promised for 2.6, especially networking, won't be in until late Jan/Feb 2017 at the earliest (maybe midyear)
  • 3.0 networking is a massive, complete mess and won't be anywhere ready for 2017
  • "They are walking the design back on a massive scale. Try and get a refund."
  • ^^ moma that one is for you because the guy who said it, lol, just lol
  • crunch time has continued now for over six months, some people over a year
if you're in this project for anything over $40, get a refund. get a refund like now. after 2.6 releases to the PU you're going to have a hard drat time getting anything back unless you pledged for the SQ42 package only

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

So that's why FYAD stands with Fuzzy Modem.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

TheAgent posted:

• 2017 is now looking like the last full operational year for CIG (*from the perspective of 2 people who recently left)
  • several office/staff moves (including the Brno move, disco lando, ben, etc) are still planned
  • might be much less than what was planned to be released (think less than an hour of story content, highly repetitive missions to pad playtime, grind, etc)
  • direction/management are being shuffled around, some people with no experience are now in charge of dozens of employees
  • several employees and execs are now gone, including cashing out on promised bonuses or other monies when they left
  • motion capture problems include missing payments to studios where work was done (backend, most likely)
  • "If [we] didn't have money in the tank for refunds, delay. Delay, delay, delay. Promise, then delay. That was standard, yes."
  • additional mocap is required "to have the story make any sense" thanks to "constant" changes to the script
  • entire maps, levels, mocap, VA, music and SFX have been thrown out, reworked and thrown out again
  • what was promised for 2.6, especially networking, won't be in until late Jan/Feb 2017 at the earliest (maybe midyear)
  • 3.0 networking is a massive, complete mess and won't be anywhere ready for 2017
if you're in this project for anything over $40, get a refund. get a refund like now. after 2.6 releases to the PU you're going to have a hard drat time getting anything back unless you pledged for the SQ42 package only
This sounds entirely true at this point. I'm looking forward to Citizencon2017. :shepspends:

I honestly wonder if I can attend with Wulge lurking around the place.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
That Arf guy made me put him on ignore, I've somehow gone this long on the forums without ever having to do it but holy poo poo is his shtick boring, old and repetitive.

Was hoping he'd land a ban after 10's of pages of the same obvious, unfunny bs and mod sass but our mods are toothless apart from the 6's.

SAD!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

I feel grief thanks to you. :negative:

About time you had the proper Citizen experience. Now you know how I feel every time I go back to Reddit...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

Did I say ANYTHING about antisemitism? No, I think Sandi eats babies, FFS. Seriously, man, stop displacing your feelings on to me already!

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

TheAgent posted:

I wonder if they're going to try and push 3.0 on the 24 player servers and tell everyone network is """"""coming soon""""

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

nawledgelambo posted:

I wonder if they're going to try and push 3.0 on the 24 player servers and tell everyone network is """"""coming soon""""

That's exactly what they're going to do, but maybe drop it to 12 players and have them say "due to the complex nature of 3.0, network limits have been artificially lowered for better performance."

and

"Mega Cloud Networking will go live for 4.0"

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Samizdata posted:

Did I say ANYTHING about antisemitism? No, I think Sandi eats babies, FFS. Seriously, man, stop displacing your feelings on to me already!

Babies are probably too high in fat for Sandi's taste.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TheAgent posted:

Of course. Even WITH the cheap labor, you think $130 million is enough to move Ben?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Raskolnikov posted:

That's exactly what they're going to do, but maybe drop it to 12 players and have them say "due to the complex nature of 3.0, network limits have been artificially lowered for better performance."

and

"Mega Cloud Networking will go live for 4.0"

Really wouldn't surprise me. The best part will be the shitizens defending this, too.

"Well perfection takes time! This is exactly how it was supposed to be implemented!"

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

Babies are probably too high in fat for Sandi's taste.

Not if you flense them properly, leaving a little on for flavor, and toss the rest in Ben's trough...

And we have no proof Sandi has anything LIKE taste.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 20, 2016

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

TheAgent posted:

i look forward to the end times

and the final year of CIG

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Oh good, so they'll be around long enough to issue me a refund.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh good, so they'll be around long enough to issue me a refund.

do you think they'll have enough to refund all the whales too?

:dance: