Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo
Didn't know this thread was filled with straight edge no drinking weightlifting superstars.

Oh wait this is the joke thread.

Oh.

Oh, I get it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

just lol if you aren't in a constant state of blackout drunk

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm too jacked to be depressed.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Why would you lift weights if you can't enjoy a beer after?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Dum Cumpster posted:

Because I never liked the taste.

Wine on the other hand...

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dum Cumpster posted:

Peeps in my unit in the Marines used to do that... they all wanted to run 4 miles off base to the bar out in town, slam two beers, and then run the 4 miles back. That poo poo used to rek me.... my body isn't made to do that easily. 8 mile run, fine. 8 miles with beer in the middle, rekt.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dum Cumpster posted:

Because lifting is fun on its own.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dum Cumpster posted:

:yeah:

sassassin posted:

Because lifting is fun on its own.

Ya so a beer afterwards make it even better.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Chinatown posted:

Ya so a beer afterwards make it even better.

So if you couldn't have a beer after you wouldn't lift?

Strange brains itt.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Alcohol is v bad for gains.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Ylls is THAT way.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Tiny Lowtax posted:

And avoiding it is bad for friendship gains, annoyingly. Why does it have to be so central to most social activities? Luckily most decent people don't give a poo poo if you don't drink but some people are real pricks about it.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Pesmerga posted:

And avoiding it is bad for friendship gains, annoyingly. Why does it have to be so central to most social activities? Luckily most decent people don't give a poo poo if you don't drink but some people are real pricks about it.

Yeah that poo poo is annoying. "What do you mean you don't drink??! You're no fun." Yes the only way to have fun is with alcohol. I'm glad I'm old with a career and a family so I don't have to deal with idiots like that anymore.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Yeah that poo poo is annoying. "What do you mean you don't drink??! You're no fun." Yes the only way to have fun is with alcohol. I'm glad I'm old with a career and a family so I don't have to deal with idiots like that anymore.

Same.

I'd be your non-drinking buddy :shobon:

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Just loving LOL if you sacrifice literally even a gram of your gains for a sip of alcohol

I quit drinking like 3 years ago to save money to travel, but in the meantime alcohol taxes have gone up so much here in Alberta that a 6 pack of import craft (or even domestic from out of province) is like $24. No loving thank you.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Defiant Sally posted:

Just loving LOL if you sacrifice literally even a gram of your gains for a sip of alcohol

I quit drinking like 3 years ago to save money to travel, but in the meantime alcohol taxes have gone up so much here in Alberta that a 6 pack of import craft (or even domestic from out of province) is like $24. No loving thank you.

hrm thats really interesting

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Pesmerga posted:

Same.

I'd be your non-drinking buddy :shobon:

gently caress yeah let's lift together then not drink afterwards!

Maybe play some GTA or something

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Chinatown posted:

hrm thats really interesting

oh sorry what i meant to post was "salami xxxxxxxxxxDDDD"

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Weed is better in every regard just blaze 420 err day instead

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Superserious musclemen itt

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Defiant Sally posted:

oh sorry what i meant to post was "salami xxxxxxxxxxDDDD"

you appear lost

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I had qdoba yesterday, and also today. Midwest burritos.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

ALCOHOL IS FOR LOSERS! I FREAKIN SAID IT AND I STAND BY IT!

If South Korea had chain Mexican food I would be a much happier person.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I get that from one of my old college friends. She's a couple of years younger than me, but she still thinks a good time consists of eating at one of three chain restaurants and then smoking and getting poo poo faced after. I would say bless her husband for putting up with it, but he's so absent from her and his kids lives because "work" that... Ugh.

I drink a couple of times a year, but that's it.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
God, is this AA now?

I ate a large carne asada Burrito and carne asada tacos today after a long bus ride and flight.

Gonna build me some nice muscles with that tomorrow.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
I just know that I don't want to look like 95% of the people who buy beer from my store so I don't drink or smoke cigs... that poo poo tears up your body on the outside just as much as the inside

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

LOL if dumbells leave your hands long enough for you to pick up a beer bottle. I never stop lifting, or thinking about lifting, it's the only thing I live for.

Well, that and pounding out my power bottom, who types all my posts for me.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Ur getting awfully defensive m8, anything u wanna admit?

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Ok ok.. I don't really have a power bottom.

Lazy piece of poo poo is just a regular bottom. :negative:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

a mysterious cloak posted:

I drink a couple of times a year, but that's it.

no one cares

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You guys used to be cool

What happened

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zzulu posted:

You guys used to be cool

What happened
I was never cool, and I don't drink either.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Former fat boy syndrome and bulking really don't mix, the constant terror of getting fat again sucks.

But, I deadlifted 130kg, so it's working. Also, I hate deadlifts, the constant terror of ruining your back sucks.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Zzulu posted:

You guys used to be cool

What happened

i got injured and started getting way more high unsure if this is more or less cool

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I watched a video of some guy on r/fitness do a deadlift rep with an outwardly curved lower back somehow and hurt himself pretty bad. It blew my mind because my lower back just stays in one position pretty much no matter how badly I screw up my reps. Can't tell if it's due to inflexibility or what. I literally used the cue "Fold yourself in half" to hit depth while squatting for a few months and my lower back still just chilled in the same position it always does.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Dec 20, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
29 years old, male. Got my blood drawn to test for low testosterone at a TRT clinic today.

:ninja:

Get results next week..

89 fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Dec 20, 2016

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Chinatown posted:

no one cares

I care.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
We all care, this is the swole thread and I wish you all the best in your iron journeys.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I'm afraid I will never completely give up beer but I am willing to make it only 1 or 2 max in a night. From what I understand that amount has pretty minimal effects. Plus I'm literally always active for whatever that's worth. I only get 3 days every 2 weeks to be on my rear end days. And I still go to the gym on one of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Imagine if someone said the same thing about Cherry Colas or Milkshakes that you are saying about beers. Then inform me how you would respond to them.