Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

V. Illych L. posted:

you might think that the complete upheaval of our lifestyle within the next couple of generations would provide a powerful motivation for addresskng the issue, but Mammon demands sacrifice and our societies worship at its unholy altar so what're you gonna do

act a fool!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

V. Illych L. posted:

besides everyone will be busy what with literally hundreds of millions of asians likely being displaced due to large parts of the enrmously populated bengal bay area sinking into the ocean

fucccck

April 4th, 1984. Last night to the flicks. All war films. One very good one of a ship full of refugees being bombed somewhere in the Mediterranean. Audience much amused by shots of a great huge fat man trying to swim away with a helicopter after him, first you saw him wallowing along in the water like a porpoise, then you saw him through the helicopters gunsights, then he was full of holes and the sea round him turned pink and he sank as suddenly as though the holes had let in the water, audience shouting with laughter when he sank. then you saw a lifeboat full of children with a helicopter hovering over it. there was a middle-aged woman might have been a jewess sitting up in the bow with a little boy about three years old in her arms. little boy screaming with fright and hiding his head between her breasts as if he was trying to burrow right into her and the woman putting her arms round him and comforting him although she was blue with fright herself, all the time covering him up as much as possible as if she thought her arms could keep the bullets off him. then the helicopter planted a 20 kilo bomb in among them terrific flash and the boat went all to matchwood. then there was a wonderful shot of a child’s arm going up up up right up into the air a helicopter with a camera in its nose must have followed it up and there was a lot of applause from the party seats but a woman down in the prole part of the house suddenly started kicking up a fuss and shouting they didnt oughter of showed it not in front of kids they didnt it aint right not in front of kids it aint until the police turned her turned her out i dont suppose anything happened to her nobody cares what the proles say typical prole reaction they never——

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Majorian posted:

Bottom line is, no one should live in New England or the upper Midwest.

:saddowns:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Y'all can come live in Boise.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
good news! everybody making these important environmental decision will be dead long before anything really bad happens!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The group of people I used to play World of Warcraft with held a yearly get together in Boise and called it Boisefest.

That is my Boise story.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
a wow get together in Boise, what a gas

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Did you leave that guild and find one not filled with sentient potatoes?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Boises a happening place full of outgoing folk. Land's cheap and there's plenty of firearms to load up on.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
people from boise come down to salt lake to go shopping, that's how dire it is

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Where do you love, and how do you survive the weather? Seriously, poo poo that cold is incomprehensible to me.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
also all you idahoans drive like absolute balls. please do not stop in the middle of the road because you are unsure as to which turn you want to take

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Aeryk posted:

+ plentiful firearms

=

a bad time

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Aeryk posted:

Seriously? loving lol that's a piss long drive through absolute garbage.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

Mustached Demon posted:

Seriously? loving lol that's a piss long drive through absolute garbage.

excuse me, you get to drive through beautiful burley along the way

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Majorian posted:

Where do you love, and how do you survive the weather? Seriously, poo poo that cold is incomprehensible to me.

I live in the frozen wastes of Canuckistan.

Wind chills can reach -40C by mid-January. We survive by having sex to generate body heat.

That isnt a joke. Something like 70% of kids born here are conceived in the winter months.

e: My city sees and average of 230cm of snow each winter. We have already had 45cm and winter doesnt officially start until Wednesday. :suicide:

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Dec 20, 2016

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Aeryk posted:

excuse me, you get to drive through beautiful burley along the way

Burley's trash. Twin Falls is trash. Ogden is trash.

poo poo, anything east of the Boise outlet mall is trash. There's a reason they built a nuclear power research lab out in Idaho falls.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
ogden really is trash, and not in a fun good way

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
although check out ogden high school

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

That's a sweet building. Area around it's trash still.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Is Upper Peninsula of Michigan Midwest? Cause Porcupine Mountains are pretty loving sweet.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

V. Illych L. posted:

People from lisbon have been known to have only an abstract idea of what snow is

i empathize

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

I live in the frozen wastes of Canuckistan.

Wind chills can reach -40C by mid-January. We survive by having sex to generate body heat.

That isnt a joke. Something like 70% of kids born here are conceived in the winter months.

I believe it. I was reading somewhere that rates of sex are actually lower in places with warmer climates.

It's also funny that I made the "where do you love" typo, given this conversation, so I'm keepin' it!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The area around the great lakes is pretty weird climate wise. We can still hit mid 30s (plus humidity) in the summer like a lot of southern areas. We actually broke some records this summer with the most consecutive days over 30C and total days over 30C.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/AP_Images/status/810908949918650369

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Well I'll be.

NATO does have a place in the 21st century.:stare:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/the-worst-tweets-of-2016-1789840998

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

"Inspired by @peggyorenstein I just asked my husband 2 tell my sons that watching a girl masturbate is a great way 2 learn abt what she needs"

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

the 538 people listen to chapo

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

icantfindaname posted:

the 538 people listen to chapo

a feedback loop of failsons

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

stone cold posted:

a feedback loop of failsons

Yeah Trump won and it turned out D and D were the ones who were shook in case you didn't get that memo.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Volkerball posted:

Yeah Trump won and it turned out D and D were the ones who were shook in case you didn't get that memo.

I started a joke...which started the whole world crying
But I didn't see...that the joke was on...meeeee, oh no~

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

It still hasnt sunk in for me yet that you guys really did elect Trump.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Majorian posted:

I started a joke...which started the whole world crying
But I didn't see...that the joke was on...meeeee, oh no~

I fail to see how your degree in Tom Clancy novels is responsible for the Trumpocracy.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Furnaceface posted:

It still hasnt sunk in for me yet that you guys really did elect Trump.

It will once your nation either bows to the golden hair or gets buried under it.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Randler posted:

I fail to see how your degree in Tom Clancy novels is responsible for the Trumpocracy.

Well clearly you don't have a degree in 70's classics.:colbert:

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

Sorry, bro, but we had to teach the elites on Wall Street a lesson!

...by giving them all jobs at the very head of the government.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Bible posted:

...by giving them all jobs at the very head of the government.

:thejoke:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
so a dude wants me to take on more work so he can leave early on friday to attend his kids birthday party. now, i don't like this dude and he's left me messes to clean up a couple of times before, but is that outweighed by a child not having their father attend their birthday party? please help dadchat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Let Joseph attend his kid's party.

• Locked thread