Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Orv posted:

Yeah let's make jungle champ options even smaller.

:qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Orv posted:

Yeah let's make jungle champ options even smaller.

the issue w trying to make something like the jungle more inclusive (or the midlane, toplane, etc) is that it doesn't actually level the playing field, it just makes the few champs that would already work without the help even stronger

Orv
May 4, 2011

nomadologique posted:

the issue w trying to make something like the jungle more inclusive (or the midlane, toplane, etc) is that it doesn't actually level the playing field, it just makes the few champs that would already work without the help even stronger

I meant more that a fair few of the intended jungle champs would have problems with the new clear without the heal. It's not that I want more weird left field jungle picks, I just want to play someone other than Kha'zix, Rengar and Hecarim for the rest of eternity.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Orv posted:

I meant more that a fair few of the intended jungle champs would have problems with the new clear without the heal. It's not that I want more weird left field jungle picks, I just want to play someone other than Kha'zix, Rengar and Hecarim for the rest of eternity.

Vi, Nautilus, and Amumu? :shrug:

I jungled Irelia yesterday and it was alright.

As a person who has always liked jungling...I'm happy jungle is so important now. Looks like I'll be a jungle main again this season.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Vi is fine, but Naut and Amumu have glacially slow clears which put your team at the mercy of faster junglers

Orv
May 4, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Vi, Nautilus, and Amumu? :shrug:

I jungled Irelia yesterday and it was alright.

As a person who has always liked jungling...I'm happy jungle is so important now. Looks like I'll be a jungle main again this season.

I like Vi but she's a some of the time thing. Her clear is boring and her general fighting style tends to get old after a couple games. Like Firebert says, Naut and Amumu clear fine at high health, but they're so painfully slow that even their incredible ganks can fall behind. The current superjunglers can gank all three lanes by the time Amumu and Naut finish their clear (only slightly hyperbolic.)

And gently caress a Lee Sin.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

there is nothing you can do to make champs like hec, lee sin, rengar less viable, while making others more viable, short of directly nerfing those champions

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Plants and health on smite favors aggressive champions who already put more pressure on lanes and are the natural counter to slow clearers that are super susceptible to counter jungling in the first place.

It kind of makes sense why things are the way they are. I just wish they put a little more work into tanky jungler itemization. Stacking defensive items in the jungle does not feel rewarding right now.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Work Friend Keven posted:

They should ditch life on smite and heal plants and just let that sit for a patch cycle and see how it feels. Might need to hit xp too but maybe not.

I think the smite heal drop would hit too many junglers too hard and makes sustain junglers essentially the only option. I mean of course we don't see it right now but jungle Nautilus, Jarvan, Sejuani and Hecarim for a while had extremely fragile clears that put them at like 50% on their second buff and really susceptible to an invade from Lee, Udyr, Trundle, Elise, Xin, Nidalee, etc. Narrows the pool of junglers down a lot in a negative way.

The heal plants are really loving stupid though. I've found you can abuse it toplane too. I've shoved out my opponent under his tower trading a bunch and just peace out to the river and come back with a lot more mana and health and keep pressuring him.

stump collector posted:

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/6EEk9efX-musings-on-fun-and-clunkiness?comment=00000000

apparently lee and yasuo are being looked at, so i assume they won't get any meaningful nerfs and will just see slight damage reductions. I find it silly that they almost never simply "roll back" buffs to figure out a good place for a champ. for example, lee's last buff was to his W lifesteal, if I am not mistaken.

at any rate, the jungle is too easy and gives even more XP / gold than last year so i'm not sure what a good direction for balance is.

That whole blurb from the Rioter really is pretty insightful, and it does make a lot of sense. They've kinda made champions with huge problems that they really have to figure out how to break to make other champions shine, and I can dig the respect he shows for DotA too

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I won a game last night handily by not playing Quinn Jungle well at all, but by making sure the enemy Amumu jungle played worse.

loving with jungle XP makes certain clearers too strong and/or others too weak, hitting the gold is the safest way to fix it

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Servaetes posted:

I think the smite heal drop would hit too many junglers too hard and makes sustain junglers essentially the only option. I mean of course we don't see it right now but jungle Nautilus, Jarvan, Sejuani and Hecarim for a while had extremely fragile clears that put them at like 50% on their second buff and really susceptible to an invade from Lee, Udyr, Trundle, Elise, Xin, Nidalee, etc. Narrows the pool of junglers down a lot in a negative way. .

My go to strat as Elise jungle all season has been buff>wolves>buff straight to enemy buff every single game. If they aren't playing a top tier sustain champ it's a guaranteed flash and almost a guaranteed kill.

Getting rid of heal smite will just make it always a guaranteed kill.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So honest question, how did Quinn end up in the jungle? I get that she's not great as a traditional bot ADC, but maybe I'm missing something that makes her way better in the jungle?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Varus is so fun since his passive got buffed. I just play him mid as poke champ but Atkspeed build is also very good now.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Orv posted:

So honest question, how did Quinn end up in the jungle? I get that she's not great as a traditional bot ADC, but maybe I'm missing something that makes her way better in the jungle?

She has no real lane advantages, especially as an ADC in this meta , and her ultimate is built 100% for roaming around the map instead of staying in lane and farming.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Orv posted:

Champs I've played in jungle recently...

-Nocturne (really strong right now, Bork and Devourer means he shaves 8% of your max HP a shot on top of 200ish AD smacks. His Warrior build is powerful too, though different).
-Jarvan IV (same bullshit ganks as ever, also a flexible pick)
-Rek'sai (a bit weak but Colossus is real nice on her)

Try those three if you want something new. All strong (Rekky is the weakest and still like 50% winrate IIRC), all versatile, all unique in different ways. Nocturne is basically broken if you're below plat too, pubbies can't handle the fact you're going to gank a lane every two mins like clockwork and get a kill.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Orv posted:

Her blind completely disables camps

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i didn't realize bomb plants could trigger yasuo ult (didn't think about it.) lol.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It also super freaks out if people get scattered in multiple directions and he's fast enough to tag them all with it before they get apart.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i just want to say that lowering the sustain in the jungle has some really massive gulfs between "oh great like one guy can jungle and somehow it's swain" and "early gankers can full health gank literally any lane at level 3 with double buffs while the laner is level 2 still"

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vermain posted:

She has no real lane advantages, especially as an ADC in this meta , and her ultimate is built 100% for roaming around the map instead of staying in lane and farming.

Actually her laning phase is good in any lane you go but playing her as a traditional adc is very hard. You don't want to kite or focus tanks. You want to dive in or assassinate someone in the side. Splitpush/Roam alot with your ult but as adc you wanna farm so you can't roam. Also as adc you don't have TP but midlane or top you can take tp to splitpush incase they baron. As jungler you don't normally splitpush but her ult gives great ganking/counter ganking opportunity. Imo still decent champ but you need to really play the map.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Is league still popular. I haven't played in like 6 or 7 months now and I'm starting to feel an itch again

Orv
May 4, 2011
Riot laughs at you from their spare money fort.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

A cool drat horse posted:

Is league still popular. I haven't played in like 6 or 7 months now and I'm starting to feel an itch again

Hello brother, I just got the itch after a 10 month break myself. Last night I jumped on. Took me 2 mins to find a game on EUW, so not bad.

I went for a chilled out Morg support to get me back into the flow. Before minions, our jungle graves reveals he forgot smite, quits the game. Everybody spends the rest of the game yelling at each other, I feel warm and fuzzy inside. An unopposed rengar wrecks my poo poo. Classic stuff.

Also the jungle is all weird. Every time I come back they've hosed with the jungle, I always find it very intimidating so I usually leave it a couple of months before I brave it in a bot game.

Oh yeah hi again everyone, game still poo poo, etc etc

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
It's my birthday.

Someone please send me cool and good skins.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Methanar posted:

It's my birthday.

Someone please send me cool and good skins.

Done.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

:stwoon:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm now officially better than the average Korean player

who wants to touch me

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
who the gently caress is giving rich people more stuff

also playing against Camille is so exhausting, did she really need that heal and the ability to fly through walls

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tired Moritz posted:

who the gently caress is giving rich people more stuff

also playing against Camille is so exhausting, did she really need that heal and the ability to fly through walls

Play Darius or Nautilus or Pantheon or Poppy(<----) and laugh at her all the way to the bank

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I love the Methanar is rich meme.

Methanar fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Dec 20, 2016

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Big fan of when you killed Lincoln

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Methanar posted:

Your facial hair still sucks, but its better than before. 4/10

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Teikanmi posted:

Play Darius or Nautilus or Pantheon or Poppy(<----) and laugh at her all the way to the bank

well it's more that she can just run away so easily that's so annoying.

Also that hair is terrible.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
for every +21LP, his face gets longer. please, act now and save this man

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
why the gently caress did they remove aram reroll refunds when someone else dodges

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Addamere posted:

How does she interact with Urgot R

The channel is longer than her animation I think, so I imagine her ult would complete, then she'd be suppressed and switch places.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

why the gently caress did they remove aram reroll refunds when someone else dodges

somebody dodged an aram i was in a half hour ago and my reroll was refunded so idk what you're talking about

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Methanar posted:

But what skin did you get jerk? Also someone buy me a skin, I'm bad and it's not my birthday. Also I rarely play. But I love the soda RC Cola of that counts for anything

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Lee Sin is fine.

Also, J4 is an okay jungler in some matchups but don't play him into a farming jungler because you will get hilariously outfarmed. His clear is still super slow, especially early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Was the someone duo queued with you?

• Locked thread