Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

General Morden posted:

i'm p. sure people are going to make laura the new pariah char in s2
she is going to be very, very good. she'll gain less meter but not to a crazy degree. i'll have to get in and play around with fang to see how the pushback changes to his normals work out, but i'm gonna have some fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Some notes are just poorly translated on blog in general.

quote:

Due to changes to the game, some general attacks have been adjusted for each character. Along with changes 1 and 2, and the other changes to the game, characters who were able to attack more often and had a long reach became significantly stronger. Due to this, regardless of the strength of the character, general attacks for all characters have been adjusted.

Like i like a little riddle here and there but lol.

also this one

quote:

Parameters and hit situations for all normal throws have been adjusted. Changes have been made to characters who can loop throws at the edge of the screen. Even after the adjustments, there will be some characters who can loop throws, as those parameters have been adjusted less compared to other characters.

so we made a change but some characters can still do it because the ones who can do it have been changed less?

or is it that they made a blanket change and didn't test each one out and adjust properly?

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 20, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What stops anybody in the game from doing throw loops

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
seriously they coulda said "some throw loops have been made worse while some have been left in a similar state so that there's more character diversity with mixups" or something lol

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

In Training posted:

What stops anybody in the game from doing throw loops

The parameters, man.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Madcosby posted:

To be fair, although i dont want to cry about nerfs that blog post makes everything sound like a positive, even if it isnt.

For example:
Necalli

Parameters for all of Necalli's main moves have been revised. Opening Dagger can only be charged while V-Trigger is active, giving him a wider range of offensive options.

How does limiting an attack (an overhead, apparently, no one calls it "opening dagger") only during V-Trigger give a wider range of offensive options?

It's poorly worded, but it's saying that you can only charge the attack in v trigger.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/jiyunaJP/status/811038982494486528

i like it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Is that christmas skin in the blogpost Karin or Cammy?

Lol wait, you can't buy the Halloween costumes even if you want?

My name is Capcom and my only regret is I don't have 3 feet to shoot myself in.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Dec 20, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

its karin

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Honest question, the gently caress is a throw loop and why it's more of an issue in V than it ever was in other SFs?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Dias posted:

Honest question, the gently caress is a throw loop and why it's more of an issue in V than it ever was in other SFs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz8IZwSYb_M&t=976s

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

just hold up

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

But then they catch me with the meaty!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Count Bleck posted:

But then they catch me with the meaty!!

this game of rock and scissors is very difficult

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Dias posted:

Throws that lead into itself as oki is stupidly strong in SFV because it's harder to tech them compared to SF4, they're really low commitment and there's also a lot less to work with in terms of defensive OSes.

You're going to die if you do that, specially in the corner. As in, the throw will whiff, Karin will recover and she will anti-air you before you can do anything.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Crouch tech wasn't a terrible thing. Fite me. :colbert:

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
If only there were reversals........oh wait, those got nerfed.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

So why were a significant number of moves slowed down and/or weakened by like 10 points of damage?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

ROFL Octopus posted:

So why were a significant number of moves slowed down and/or weakened by like 10 points of damage?

to make the game better

serious lol at all the armchair game designers ITT. theres a reason capcom is a super popular, cool, and successful company and you are just posting on a message board

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Zand posted:

to make the game better

serious lol at all the armchair game designers ITT. theres a reason capcom is a super popular, cool, and successful company and you are just posting on a message board

Is it because they've abandoned Mega Man as a serious franchise and use it for nothing more than stupid remakes to squeeze blood money out of his withered corpse?

I'm not bitter.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Zand posted:

to make the game better

this except the opposite

you're all suckers

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zand posted:

to make the game better

I'm glad that you enjoy eating poo poo. There's no need to get all defensive about it.

Also, lmao, Capcom was flushing their own franchises down the drain for YEARS now. YEARS!
SFV is just continuing the trend.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Count Bleck posted:

Is it because they've abandoned Mega Man as a serious franchise and use it for nothing more than stupid remakes to squeeze blood money out of his withered corpse?

I'm not bitter.

I dunno if you can really call no longer making games for a series that had literally 100+ games of nearly every single genre over nearly three decades "abandoned", especially when it sold worse & worse with every year and especially especially when it keeps getting cameos in other stuff

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

darealkooky posted:

I dunno if you can really call no longer making games for a series that had literally 100+ games of nearly every single genre over nearly three decades "abandoned", especially when it sold worse & worse with every year

I wonder why.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://a.pomf.cat/dlrsrk.webm

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Jack Trades posted:

I'm glad that you enjoy eating poo poo. There's no need to get all defensive about it.

Also, lmao, Capcom was flushing their own franchises down the drain for YEARS now. YEARS!
SFV is just continuing the trend.

That post is oozing sarcasm out of every pore it has

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SectumSempra posted:

That post is oozing sarcasm out of every pore it has

I've seen plenty of people say the same thing but with a straight face which is why I took that at face value.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Jack Trades is a Capcom plant to make us like SF5 by making it impossible to want to agree with him.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Jack Trades is a Capcom plant to make us like SF5 by making it impossible to want to agree with him.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

:drat:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

lol

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ono did nothing wrong.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm excited for season 2 of street fighter 5.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

https://a.pomf.cat/mbajuw.webm

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

We'll see what season 2 has in store. Fun stuff. From what I'm seeing in the leak, things don't bode well for my only tolerable character in this game.

Illuminado fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Dec 20, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V05tPjNNSPs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woden
May 6, 2006

SectumSempra posted:

Some notes are just poorly translated on blog in general.

Like i like a little riddle here and there but lol.

also this one

so we made a change but some characters can still do it because the ones who can do it have been changed less?

or is it that they made a blanket change and didn't test each one out and adjust properly?

quote:

V-Skill - Mic Performance:
 Changed activation of super armor from after 11F to after 5F
You don't lose power up effect even if you get by opponent
 Reduced increased damage on throws at Level 1 from 25% to 20%