Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Theta Zero posted:

Dear Tripwire: please buff the Katana so it can also parry bullets.

1000x yes. More mechanics from MGR: Revengeance please

Edit: the shield is insane. The altfire block has a knockdown power of 550, most other knockdowns in the game are around 200.

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Dec 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
So after playing this update...

Firebug is good again. I wouldn't say it's as broken as launch, as fun as that would be, but I'd say he's viable if you feel like not-aiming the entire game. The trenchgun is bonkers and it just one-shots trash (on Suicidal at least).

Sirens are borked and do insane amounts of damage for some reason, apparently it's a bug.

Medic shotgun on Support is insane, it's like you have a mini-AA12 and it weighs just as much as the pump shotgun. Only drawback is you're essentially carrying 3K worth of stuff that costs 1.5K to fill, so you're a money sponge the entire game.

Medic SMG on SWAT is super silly but I like it, the damage loss compared to the MP5 is worth being able to heal, spam bullets, and have a reliable ironsight, I'd say.

The mace and shield are fantastic, and it makes sense that it doesn't block as much damage as the Eviscerator so that the thing sees some use. It's super slow, in my opinion, but hits like a truck. The taunt function that talked about doesn't seem like it's implemented, though. Which is a shame.

Commando with the Medic rifle is okay but you run out of ammo super fast, so eh. All in all I really appreciate Tripwire making other classes able to heal more effectively, it makes Medic feel less mandatory. Now if only they brought the bile thrower from KF1 so Firebug can also heal.

I was a little apprehensive about them buffing the health of the blueberry Clot special zed, but I often killed it without even noticing it was there, so it's fine.

The new map is fun, which is all you could ask for. Also gives the community important assets like tropical plants, sand, boats, and beach props. It'll be exciting to see what custom maps can do with that.

I like this update but unfortunately it reeks the stench of "not going to survive beta testing."

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Nah, it will. Unless internal testing says otherwise. :v:

But maybe Firebug gets a tone down from what it's doing right now? Like, in between.

Also the Mace and Shield should be where if one person took part in EA, then all the playthroughs with other teammates will have that available.

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014

Theta Zero posted:

Sirens are borked and do insane amounts of damage for some reason, apparently it's a bug.

Oh gently caress me I already have to go out of my way to kill them first as is! :argh:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I find the sirens are more susceptible to headshot damage now though

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Theta Zero posted:

Firebug is good again. I wouldn't say it's as broken as launch, as fun as that would be, but I'd say he's viable if you feel like not-aiming the entire game.

Oops I was wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae-1xueTzCs

The good kind of wrong, I mean.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Dec 16, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Na firebug is mega broken right now, I can kill an HoE Patty by shooting the floor before he even runs away, like he doesn't even have time, he just drops dead.

Its mostly the ground fire that's busted.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

They are not going to leave firebug as it is right now. They hate to see people having fun with that class but being honest, it is waaaaay too nuts.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Theta Zero posted:

Oops I was wrong.

lmfao I haven't played in months, I might need to start again though

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I just hope they don't overreact. Firebug is nuts broken, but I fear that he'll go back to pointless again.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They need to find a good middle ground, Evisarator went from useless to having a good middle ground between the pulverizer.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Ok I might play this game again after some Overwatch tonight. GJ Tripwire, come back to us TW employees1

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Ok I might play this game again after some Overwatch tonight. GJ Tripwire, come back to us TW employees1
What happened to the 2nd one after the 1st one got irritated?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hcEPWyYi2U

I broke the game again.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
^^^ Were they still able to break the door? Were you basically wearing a door as armor? If so feature not a bug imo.

Alteisen posted:

Na firebug is mega broken right now, I can kill an HoE Patty by shooting the floor before he even runs away, like he doesn't even have time, he just drops dead.

Its mostly the ground fire that's busted.

Sadly I think I might agree. I booted up my lv19 firebug that I hadn't touched in months only to instantly top the killboards in Suicidal games, where I'm usually in the bottom 3.

I think a good middle ground might be to keep the current damage for trash, but give Scrakes and FPs high fire resistance like Husks, BUT make them being on fire buff other sources of damage. That way firebug keeps their 'job' of clearing trash but they can't solo everything in the game.

Also yeah sirens are broke af right now, one killed me and I showed -83 health :xd:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
We just had a situation where a Siren instakilled four people, starting with a Berserker who was trying to kill her and then three people who were actually a very far distance away and running away in fear from her.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Theta Zero posted:

We just had a situation where a Siren instakilled four people, starting with a Berserker who was trying to kill her and then three people who were actually a very far distance away and running away in fear from her.

Devs had said there is a bug with alpha rallies stacking siren damage multipliers which can gib and overkill people pretty hilariously. Should be fixed soon.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Theta Zero posted:

Oops I was wrong.

What perk sets you running for the bug?

E: Turns out im loving retarded and didn't realise the good patch was an opt-in. Welp

TwatHammer fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 17, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Double exp in the console version of KF2, if you wanted to work on a perk nows the time.

These cheaters are getting annoying.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 18, 2016

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KKdiNqWfuc

I am a child.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

Double exp in the console version of KF2, if you wanted to work on a perk nows the time.

Pretty sure it's double exp on PC as well, sirens used to be 15 right? Last night I was getting 30 per.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If you know someone who wants to play the game, show them these 21 minutes of a match I did with the worst pubs ever.

https://www.twitch.tv/alteisenriese/v/108223646

This is what you don't do, that includes getting snagged on a tree at the end and getting blocked by crawlers and dying like an rear end in a top hat.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

the comment from new vegas :D

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Alteisen posted:

If you know someone who wants to play the game, show them these 21 minutes of a match I did with the worst pubs ever.

https://www.twitch.tv/alteisenriese/v/108223646

This is what you don't do, that includes getting snagged on a tree at the end and getting blocked by crawlers and dying like an rear end in a top hat.

There truly is nothing more loathsome than people who don't take PvE games seriously. Filthy pubs :argh:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Danknificent posted:

There truly is nothing more loathsome than people who don't take PvE games seriously. Filthy pubs :argh:

Glad you understand.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
So I think just fixing the groundfire bug and reducing those loving stupid 80% resists and firebug would probably be right on target for performance. it's obvious groundfire is lmao-levels of broken but when i took a micro as a survivalist it seemed to do okay - not as good as a bug but not awful, so it felt valuable without being too powerful. I hope they do that instead of over-correcting it into the ground ... again.

groundfire working as intended (a slightly less insane DOT, slowing enemies) is quite valuable - so that part shouldn't get taken out, of course.

e: honesty compels me to admit I want that fixed after I solo all the maps on HOE, though

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 18, 2016

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Multiperk weapons sure makes Survivalist feel kinda dumb. That, and killing yourself with a misplaced level15 molotov makes it feel really dumb.

With that said - and forgiving the small bugs - this is definitely the most fun the game has ever been.

Edit: holy poo poo the grenade pistol is amazing on Gunslinger. Very quick reload speeds and if you aim anywhere close to a Zed's head you get five stacks of Rack 'Em Up instantly.

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 19, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Propaganda Hour posted:

Multiperk weapons sure makes Survivalist feel kinda dumb. That, and killing yourself with a misplaced level15 molotov makes it feel really dumb.

With that said - and forgiving the small bugs - this is definitely the most fun the game has ever been.

Edit: holy poo poo the grenade pistol is amazing on Gunslinger. Very quick reload speeds and if you aim anywhere close to a Zed's head you get five stacks of Rack 'Em Up instantly.

Agreed. We all thought survivalist was the :effort: 10th class and that just demonstrates it - now that said, i'd rather have multiclass guns than not, for sure. But as for the grenade pistol? Hilarious. Figures it's only awesome on the off-perk class, because it sure sucks for demo :laugh:

also I have to say groundfire gets progressively less monstrous as you add players. Solo it's ridiculous, even 3-player and it's just Really Really Powerful. With 6 it might even be Not That Ridiculous (ok maybe a little)

so again, hope they don't over-correct on that one. but it does need to be corrected ... later.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What they need to do is give survivalist a niche that only that class can do, or really encourage crazy weapon combos.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
So this happened while I kept running into Hans

He is so fucktardedly easy now, but still -118 health. :lol:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Did they say how long 2xp is going to go for?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I used to joke saying that my demo loadout looked like a gaudy handbag because the game gave me tiger print skins for literally every demo weapon (except the m16) save for the grenade launcher, which has a tiger print skin by default. Then the game gave me a tiger print skin for the grenade launcher anyways. It looks the same, just with the tiger print brighter.

My last three drops as of now have been tiger print RPGs, so I have four now. I don't think the drop system likes me.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Some of my stats have been reset, and some have just.. not. I really don't feel like levelling back to around 15 for 3 classes, is there any way in game to report this?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Some of my stats have been reset, and some have just.. not. I really don't feel like levelling back to around 15 for 3 classes, is there any way in game to report this?

Just hack all your classes to 25 and enjoy the game properly. The grind is too long to be fun.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Theta Zero posted:

My last three drops as of now have been tiger print RPGs, so I have four now. I don't think the drop system likes me.

trade you a battle-scarred woodland L85A1, the one I can't stop getting

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Psion posted:

trade you a battle-scarred woodland L85A1, the one I can't stop getting

Is the woodland print the pity reward because that's all I keep getting for all the rifles?

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Revolver Bunker posted:

Is the woodland print the pity reward because that's all I keep getting for all the rifles?

it's just super common. At least it's not a headband.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Guillermus posted:

Just hack all your classes to 25 and enjoy the game properly. The grind is too long to be fun.

This is the proper thing to do. I set all the perks to level 25 and have never looked back.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
How do you do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Azran posted:

How do you do that?

Steam Achievement Manager, I assume.