Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What if Clarke kisses an AI

what then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Zzulu posted:

What if Clarke kisses an AI

what then

I will miss Erica Cerra if ALIE doesn't make any appearances. She was so goddamn good at playing that AI!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I can't wait to see Genghis Clarke genocide the radiation.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

WarLocke posted:

I can't wait to see Genghis Clarke genocide the radiation.

While a new remix of Radioactive plays in the background

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

:allears:

God I forgot the kind of drama that this show brings about. Can't wait for this new season!

I know right? I can't wait to drink all the sweet tears...

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

enraged_camel posted:

Clarke takes a note from Star Trek and talks ALIE into loving her, then just as they begin to kiss she pulls the plug and ALIE dies going 'Clarke, why, I love you..."

I wish I had saved that gif of the pelicans flocking to that Walking Dead spinoff over that drama. :getin:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

hope and vaseline posted:

While a new remix of Radioactive plays in the background

You shut your whore mouth!

enraged_camel posted:

I'm getting a taste of it right now because I just introduced my girl to this show, and it's so great watching the gamut of emotions she's going through.

s01e03: "There's no way Wells is dead! He just redeemed himself and he's like, the only ACTUAL good person in the 100!"
s01e05: "Oh my god FINN IS THE WORST. KANE IS THE WORST. WHY IS EVERYONE THE WORST!?"
s01e07: "I hope Finn dies. He's still the worst. Goddamn Finn! Also everything about them torturing the grounder is the worst. Is Kane becoming a complex character now??"

:allears: And she keeps asking me questions, to which I give her completely wrong or misleading answers. Goddamn I love this show!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

WarLocke posted:

Clarke takes a note from Star Trek and talks ALIE into loving her, then just as they begin to kiss she pulls the plug and ALIE dies going 'Clarke, why, I love you..."

I wish I had saved that gif of the pelicans flocking to that Walking Dead spinoff over that drama. :getin:

Here you go, I fished it out for you from page 40:

Troposphere posted:

at the end of the day, I know where I'm going. gotta follow the big gay flock.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Oh god, that Jasper actor is listed for half of the fourth season for some reason...

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Finishin up Season 1 didn't realize it was 13 episodes. I really hope Bellamy just dies in the worst way possible. He's so dumb.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You're in for a treat he doesnt die

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

God, I hope Monty dies, too.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Ugh Bellamy is still alive . Okay Season 2 opener "Welcome to the VAULT CITIZEN".

I do like how Kane changed I thought for sure he was involved but now at the end of the season he's a alright guy.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 19, 2016

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Hollismason posted:

Ugh Bellamy is still alive . Okay Season 2 opener "Welcome to the VAULT CITIZEN".

I do like how Kane changed I thought for sure he was involved but now at the end of the season he's a alright guy.

So far Jaha seems like the more reasonable leader though.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Goddamn, all these "Surprise, itsa meeee, Alleeeee!" twists are getting annoying. Like how the gently caress did she even get to water world, when they only came over to pick up the kiddies, and then immediately scrammed again?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
The more Jasper's survival infuriates people, the more I love him. :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hollismason posted:

One thing I really liked about Kane was how in the first season you think he's a bad guy but then he freaks out when he learns that he killed all those people for nothing you realize that he's actually a good guy who was just trying to figure out a bad situation.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

"Hey did you remember to pack everything"

"Yea I got everything"

*some how miraculously survives re-entry lands on earth*

"Where's the baby?"

"Oh shi..."

edit:

OH NO GHOST BABY

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Hollismason posted:

"Hey did you remember to pack everything"

"Yea I got everything"

*some how miraculously survives re-entry lands on earth*

"Where's the baby?"

"Oh shi..."

edit:

OH NO GHOST BABY

Welcome... to Jaha's Wild Ride.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

You're in for a treat he doesnt die

And he gets even dumber!

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Hollismason posted:

"Where's the baby?"

"Oh shi..."
Actually his space jump across the orbital stopped that crazyness, due to oxygen in the space suit.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Combat Pretzel posted:

stopped that crazyness

There's a flaw in your theory

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

hope and vaseline posted:

There's a flaw in your theory
I meant that crazyness. Not the whole of it. Kid turned into blanket.

Also, suddenly after 97 years, all nuclear reactors on Earth decide to do a block party?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

One thing I really liked about Kane was how in the first season you think he's a bad guy but then he freaks out when he learns that he killed all those people for nothing you realize that he's actually a good guy who was just trying to figure out a bad situation.

What we noticed, and the new watchers might too if they go back and look, is that Henry Ian Cusick pretty much played Kane the same the whole time, but it was the directing and music cues in his first few appearances which made him look like a scheming villain. He's not perfect, and he was a stickler for The Rules and ultrapragmatic to the point of fatalistic (which continues to plague him on Earth but he's not a bad guy.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Welp Season 2 is really good but now it's totally ruined my viewing because I actually have a back ground in medicine and the Fallout Vault people don't understand blood donations. The human body can donate a unit of whole blood every 8 weeks and you regenerate blood at a like 60 days. So basically they have 47 units of blood every 60 days. They could just keep Outsiders there fed and well treated around 50 of them along with the 47 kids would give you 97 units of blood 50% being SUPER BLOOD.

97 Units of Blood every 57 to 60 days is around 600 units of Blood. Unless they have thousands of people in the vault (which I don't think they do then all they have to be like is " Hey donate bloood every 8 weeks so we don't die")

It's loving bonkers.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
To be fair, Cage's goal is to be able to live outside, not just survive in the bunker. By the show's logic, the blood donations weren't good enough for that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Blood doesn't work that way. Like what?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Hollismason posted:

they're vampire mormons

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The 47 are all ungrateful poo poo heads to the Vault People in my opinion.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Blood doesn't work that way.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Hollismason posted:

Doesn't matter. I'm just talking about the story logic, not the medical accuracy.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Hollismason posted:

Welp Season 2 is really good but now it's totally ruined my viewing because I actually have a back ground in medicine and the Fallout Vault people don't understand blood donations. The human body can donate a unit of whole blood every 8 weeks and you regenerate blood at a like 60 days. So basically they have 47 units of blood every 60 days. They could just keep Outsiders there fed and well treated around 50 of them along with the 47 kids would give you 97 units of blood 50% being SUPER BLOOD.

97 Units of Blood every 57 to 60 days is around 600 units of Blood. Unless they have thousands of people in the vault (which I don't think they do then all they have to be like is " Hey donate bloood every 8 weeks so we don't die")

It's loving bonkers.

There's space stations de-orbiting the earth and crash landing somewhat safely, but its the blood donations that does it for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVQd9Ejkbiw <-- This is what Myr looked like when it was de-orbited.

My point is, people need to put logic aside starting at episode 1 of season 1 in order to enjoy this show. if you start applying any logic to it at any point... it just falls apart right away.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I can get where he's coming from. Bigass space stations that play tetris is one thing, but blood transfusion and marrow transfer are relatively trivial medically, and 97 years aren't enough for the Fallout people to turn stupid about it. The concept got mangled as gently caress to turn it into a plot point.

Then again, it makes me think too much about the series again. Like that dumbass farm station, after culling the population down to a certain number, you'd figure the crops, which were probably substantial given the amount of people they sustained, would be able to keep the oxygen up. --edit: Well, I didn't pay too much attention in parts. I only remember something about the drat air scrubbers.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 20, 2016

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah I'm okay with them surviving re entry because like the majority of them died. However, surprisingly all the medical stuff where their actually fixing people is kind of spot on. Like I appreciate when that one guy got stabbed they were told not to pull out the knife.

Also the Vault people are not immediately dying so they have time to build up a supply of blood.

Mostly watching this because it prepares me for Trump's presidency.

edit:

Goddamn it BONE MARROW does not work that way. It's a relatively safe procedure.

Also, LOL at them using PSYCHO on the Reapers.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 20, 2016

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Goddamn it BONE MARROW does not work that way.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I think the dumbest thing ever on the show was that micro-goatee on Jaha.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

*crosses fingers* I hope they kill Finn. Cause you know he's a psychopath who murdered like 18 unarmed people.

edit:

YEssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Dec 20, 2016

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Yeah, Finn had to die

Is just me or 3rd season is significantly worst than the first two?

New tribes and characters are pulled in out of nowhere and then abandoned after doing little, the plot seems to be going at all directions at once, characters do dumb idiotic things seemingly just to advance the plot to where it needs to go and that gameofthroney aesthetics for the grounders is really cheezy

They fabricated that Bellamy girlfriend just so she could die and give him a reason to be very angry at grounders so it would not be so idiotic that he would folllow that shithead Pike, but still it makes no sense because Bellamy (and Pike himself) ought know they have no chance against 50000 grounders, and so betraying the alliance like that was simply suicide. That made me so irrationally angry. The farming station people seems to have been introduced just to gently caress up the situation now that the survivors should be smart enough to not treat all grounders as enemies

They set the Ice Queen has some big villain and then 2 episodes later she is dead, after achieving little more than removing a scenario (mount weather) and giving an excuse for that duel

And please, could someone just kill Jasper

Im at episode 5 and the only thing that keeps me going is the city of light plot

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Dec 20, 2016

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Elias_Maluco posted:

Is just me or 3rd season is significantly worst than the first two?

it's not just you.

season 2 was fantastic, but season 3 took one hell of a nosedive in literally every respect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

The Iron Rose posted:

it's not just you.

season 2 was fantastic, but season 3 took one hell of a nosedive in literally every respect

Yeah, season 2 was very good. It's story had a clear direction, excellet pace and all of its plots had been prepared back at season 1. Nothing came out of nowhere and so it was full of interesting reveals like "oh that what reapers are! makes sense" etc. Now we have stuff like "ice nation" and the farming station people produced from nowhere and very badly developed. And several characters seems to be backtraking their own development, like Bellamy suddenly becoming a untrustable moron

Clarke actress seems to be always a bit embarrassed, like she is feeling ashamed of the ridiculous over the top fantasy garment and that heavy "wild" makeup she is wearing all the time

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Dec 20, 2016

• Locked thread