Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The only map I don't like is Hanamura

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The only map I don't like is Hanamura

But it's very pretty.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hanamura and volskaya are really weak maps. anubis is also bad but i have a bias toward it cause junkrat is god in that map

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
volskaya is probably my least favorite

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

please everyone keep me in your thoughts while playing OW tonight, as I cannt play due something im going trough right now that i like to call "The NoFap Crusades". It is literal hell on earth.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like Volskaya, but I'm meh about Hanamura.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i would like them more if capping the first point gave offense 3 minutes instead of 5. if they cap A early, defense is completely hopeless, if you just barely lose A in overtime they still have room for a dozen big pushes on B. i remember reading a patch note that they reduced the additional time, what happened to that?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

what they need to do is adjust the spawn point/respawn rate on point A so the entire point isn't lost because offense caught the healer out.

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
ARCADE RESETS IN 1 HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's like they stole the map design from TF2 where teleporters are crucial to defend the point, but then they made teleporters really weak and lovely and now with how amazing the shield gen is, it's literally not ever worth using

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

what they need to do is adjust the spawn point/respawn rate on point A so the entire point isn't lost because offense caught the healer out.

this too. on all 3 AB maps if anyone dies they're out for a full minute, and poo poo falls apart fast. you're also just defending a central chokepoint and the second they breach that line it's over.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the origin edition is also 30 bucks, 10 bucks cheaper than the base game atm

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

the origin edition is also 30 bucks, 10 bucks cheaper than the base game atm

[speaking in the unique stilted monotone voice of someone who has been released from a fema camp] sign me up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

[speaking in the unique stilted monotone voice of someone who has been released from a fema camp] sign me up

it's fun

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Is there a good resource for which heroes counter/are countered by other heroes?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

metal man beats wood man

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

hows cs these days. lol

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Aston posted:

Is there a good resource for which heroes counter/are countered by other heroes?

Roadhog

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Has anyone heard from R_Clown lately? There's a bunch of incoherent steam messages in my chat, he seems really heartbroken about Tracer for some reason.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

net cafe scandal posted:

Has anyone heard from R_Clown lately? There's a bunch of incoherent steam messages in my chat, he seems really heartbroken about Tracer for some reason.

Her sexuality was turned into a meme by idiots.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lets just say for the past day I've fallen back on a lot lf old habits (redpill forums)

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

All jokes aside though, super happy for her. i actually met a great IRL girl on the OW forums a few months back and well long story were getting hitched soon, and its all thanks to Tracer for teaching me how to open up the walls I had out up around myself. My fiancee is rrally chill and she loves Overwatch to boot, she gets me so well she even went along with my idea to send out our invites on these awesome funny bottles

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

All jokes aside though, super happy for her. i actually met a great IRL girl on the OW forums a few months back and well long story were getting hitched soon, and its all thanks to Tracer for teaching me how to open up the walls I had out up around myself. My fiancee is rrally chill and she loves Overwatch to boot, she gets me so well she even went along with my idea to send out our invites on these awesome funny bottles

Congratulations to you and Caitlin.

Soral
May 30, 2009

grats R_C_ and Caitlin & to Tracer

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

satsui no thankyou posted:

hows cs these days. lol

my computer hard drive has been broken for months

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

That's awesome dude.

-Nick

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PleasingFungus posted:

Her sexuality was turned into a meme by idiots.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Congrats.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

kept running into a squad of guys that would just leap into the void over and over or hang out in the empty parts of maps. how is it that the game has no built-in safeguards for poo poo like this lol im just tryna get my boxes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well what are you going to do, automatically kick people who keep falling off the map.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

kept running into a squad of guys that would just leap into the void over and over or hang out in the empty parts of maps. how is it that the game has no built-in safeguards for poo poo like this lol im just tryna get my boxes

This is called OverChillin' and its actually my preferred way of playing OWatch these days. I actually spent a few hours of my afternoon guiding round robin therapy sessions for others who were crushed by today's revelations about Tracers sexuality/relationship status. The repeated suicides, grim though they seem, are part of the healing process.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thhaf-bKWyg&t=13s

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

why/when did they take out the thing where you reset your EXP when you go back to level 1? i was looking forward to getting a quick succession of loot boxes for christmas for my first prestige but i guess not.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mabels big day posted:

why/when did they take out the thing where you reset your EXP when you go back to level 1? i was looking forward to getting a quick succession of loot boxes for christmas for my first prestige but i guess not.

When the number crunchers realized you get more money from long time players if you make them wait for more boxes.

• Locked thread